Member of gay community: children need both a dad and a mom

Is it true that half of marriages end up in divorce? half?

I don't know the exact statistics - why? What does that have to do with anything?

It has to do with the fact that millions of children grow up in single parent homes, and that they are perfectly happy and well-adjusted.

Again, we see the absolute pinnacle of ignorance by CCJ. Statistics have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that children from "single family homes" do far worse in school, have a lower education, are more likely to be involved in drugs & alcohol, are more likely to get pregnant outside of marriage, and have a lower standard of living.

You have to love how CCJ has no idea what he's talking about but just makes up his own "facts" as he goes along...

But his own experience as a parent revealed to him that children need a mom and a dad, and that marriage is ultimately about putting the needs of children before the desires of adults.

In a recent article at Public Discourse titled “I’m Gay and I Oppose Same-Sex Marriage,” Mainwaring makes the bold claim that: "To be fully formed, children need to be free to generously receive from and express affection to parents of both genders. Genderless marriages deny this fullness".

Mainwaring is also clear on what influenced his thinking about marriage: “Neither religion nor tradition has played a significant role in forming my stance. But reason and experience certainly have

Openly Gay Adoptive Parent Opposes Same-Sex Marriage

Yes, I know it's shocking...but there are even moronic and stupid "gay people". Who'd a thunk?

I'll never figure out Log Cabin Republicans.

I don't know the exact statistics - why? What does that have to do with anything?

It has to do with the fact that millions of children grow up in single parent homes, and that they are perfectly happy and well-adjusted.

Again, we see the absolute pinnacle of ignorance by CCJ. Statistics have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that children from "single family homes" do far worse in school, have a lower education, are more likely to be involved in drugs & alcohol, are more likely to get pregnant outside of marriage, and have a lower standard of living.

You have to love how CCJ has no idea what he's talking about but just makes up his own "facts" as he goes along...

That children are happy and well-adjusted with same-sex parents can be found in the testimony and evidence of the court record:

Psychologist Michael Lamb testified that all available evidence shows that children raised by gay or lesbian parents are just as likely to be well-adjusted as children raised by heterosexual parents and that the gender of a parent is immaterial to whether an adult is a good parent. When proponents challenged Lamb with studies purporting to show that married parents provide the ideal child-rearing environment, Lamb countered that studies on child-rearing typically compare married opposite-sex parents to single parents or step-families and have no bearing on families headed by same-sex couples.

https://ecf.cand.uscourts.gov/cand/09cv2292/files/09cv2292-ORDER.pdf

Is it true that half of marriages end up in divorce? half?

So should children living in divorced single family households be taken away from their parents since they aren't growing up with that "traditional" experience?

Being divorced does not mean you stop being a parent, you moron.

That children are happy and well-adjusted with same-sex parents can be found in the testimony and evidence of the court record:

Psychologist Michael Lamb testified that all available evidence shows that children raised by gay or lesbian parents are just as likely to be well-adjusted as children raised by heterosexual parents and that the gender of a parent is immaterial to whether an adult is a good parent. When proponents challenged Lamb with studies purporting to show that married parents provide the ideal child-rearing environment, Lamb countered that studies on child-rearing typically compare married opposite-sex parents to single parents or step-families and have no bearing on families headed by same-sex couples.

https://ecf.cand.uscourts.gov/cand/09cv2292/files/09cv2292-ORDER.pdf

This is opinion, not research. Don't back up your asserted 'facts' with opinions. It makes you look stupid.

Oh wait.

The is a vast amount of research on this topic, from around the world. All that research points to the traditional family environment being the one where children are most likely to thrive. That does not actually mean gay parents are bad parents, or that single parents are bad parents... it is what is it and no amount of whining - from either side - is gonna change it.

So should children living in divorced single family households be taken away from their parents since they aren't growing up with that "traditional" experience?

Being divorced does not mean you stop being a parent, you moron.

That's not the point of RDD's post.

Being gay doesn't mean you stop being a parent either.

If conservatives claim gays can't be married and raise children because they aren't "traditional", RDD is matching that ridiculous thought with the notion that single parents aren't a "traditional" household and shouldn't be able to raise children either.

Try to think past your nose.

Like all things, I'm trying to keep government out of their bed. I

By making more laws.

Interesting.

Face it man, there is nothing coherent, consistent or sane about your views on politics.

How is it making more laws?!? There are no more laws required... :cuckoo:

You are one unhinged individual.... You are proof that the health care industry in Europe is a spectacular failure because you have not received the mental healthcare that you desperately need

But his own experience as a parent revealed to him that children need a mom and a dad, and that marriage is ultimately about putting the needs of children before the desires of adults.

In a recent article at Public Discourse titled “I’m Gay and I Oppose Same-Sex Marriage,” Mainwaring makes the bold claim that: "To be fully formed, children need to be free to generously receive from and express affection to parents of both genders. Genderless marriages deny this fullness".

Mainwaring is also clear on what influenced his thinking about marriage: “Neither religion nor tradition has played a significant role in forming my stance. But reason and experience certainly have

Openly Gay Adoptive Parent Opposes Same-Sex Marriage

Yes, I know it's shocking...but there are even moronic and stupid "gay people". Who'd a thunk?

That's ok - we'll never figure out you communitsts

Destroy God

Destroy the Family

Destroy society (drugs, alcohol, debauchery)

Destroy the economy

Destroy your nation

Hell of an ideology you idiots believe so deeply in... :cuckoo:

Destroy God

Destroy the Family

Destroy the economy

Destroy your nation

No one is a Communist. That you keep repeating that we are, doesn't make it any more truth.

If divorce hadn't skyrocketed with so many marriages ending in a revolving bedroom door, we wouldn't be discussing same sex marriage today. First marriage had to be weakened. And no one thinks about the children.

Well that's what liberals do. They weaken God. They weaken the family. The weaken the economy. They weaken society.

It's why they are considered by rational people to be a cancer...

Destroy God

Destroy the Family

Destroy the economy

Destroy your nation

No one is a Communist. That you keep repeating that we are, doesn't make it any more truth.

You are communists - you believe people should be forced, at the barrel of a gun, to share what they have with everyone. That you keep denying you are, doesn't make it any less true.

If divorce hadn't skyrocketed with so many marriages ending in a revolving bedroom door, we wouldn't be discussing same sex marriage today. First marriage had to be weakened. And no one thinks about the children.

Well that's what liberals do. They weaken God. They weaken the family. The weaken the economy. They weaken society.

And what do you "rational people" plan on doing with this "cancer"?

Are you always this dumb?

Forum List

Back