Member of gay community: children need both a dad and a mom

But his own experience as a parent revealed to him that children need a mom and a dad, and that marriage is ultimately about putting the needs of children before the desires of adults.

In a recent article at Public Discourse titled “I’m Gay and I Oppose Same-Sex Marriage,” Mainwaring makes the bold claim that: "To be fully formed, children need to be free to generously receive from and express affection to parents of both genders. Genderless marriages deny this fullness".

Mainwaring is also clear on what influenced his thinking about marriage: “Neither religion nor tradition has played a significant role in forming my stance. But reason and experience certainly have

Openly Gay Adoptive Parent Opposes Same-Sex Marriage

I know a well to do gay couple who hired a female to care for their adopted children so they would have a mother figure in their lives.

They sound like a couple of bright people who care about the best interest of the child

First of all, there is no "RIGHT" to get married. It doesn't exist. Even between a man and a woman (how sad that you don't know that).

Second, marriage is between a man and a woman. When two men or two women expect the same, they are expecting an exception for them (ie special favors). Don't let the facts hit you in the ass on the way out the door son....

Defined by you....not by me. Sadly for you, the tide is changing...and soon the laws of the land. And you'll be disenchanted more. LOL

Actually, not defined by either of us genius. Defined by REALITY.

The tide is changing - in favor of sanity and in direct opposition to your radical and absurd ideology. The November 2010 elections saw an epic beat down nation wide of liberals by a massive Tea Party movement. Not one of which has been unseated since. I've seen Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, and more just owning liberals in Congress and stopping the agenda of your communist crowd.

At the state level, we saw a tidal wave of conservative governors, mayors, state House of Representatives, and more take over and correct the crash course we are on. Scott Walker turned around Wisconsin from the $8 billion nightmare of debt they were facing, and Kasich saved Ohio from the $4 billion nightmare of debt they were facing (and ironically enough, despite conservative policy creating economics flourishing in these states, Obama tries to take credit every time a job is created :lmao:). All of those people are committed to preserving traditional marriage.

But hey, if fantasy land makes you feel better, have at it chief! That's what freedom is all about...

LMAO... You're a riot. The majority of the country is in favor of gay marriage, numbnuts.
Gay Marriage Seen As Inevitable By Americans: Poll
You're the one in La La Land....and don't know it.

You want to send the unemployed to prison, but Im the big government junkie?

By the way, forgetting for a moment here that you attempt to change the narrative to fit your own twisted ideology, how exactly is sending someone to prison equal "big government"? I mean, I want 100% of all serial killers in prison. I want 100% of all rapists in prison. How does that equal "big government" again? :cuckoo:

In my proposed plan, government doesn't grow an ounce. We would need more prison guards of course for on site monitoring, transportation, etc. - but we'd save a ton on taxes for roads, bridges, etc. You work them to pay the cost of their own imprisonment (food, housing, healthcare, guards, etc.) and for the cost of their children in the government care.

This is not rocket science....

You're right, its not big government to want to massively expand our prison system as well as our foster care system to include the 8 million children who are currently living with an unemployed parent but will now be raised by the state, and make room for the extra 10 million plus inmates once you criminalize being an unemployed parent.

Nah, no big government there.

If they are living with the parent, then they are not in foster care. Hence (as usual) your entire analogy doesn't apply. :cuckoo:

Do try and follow along next time....

Defined by you....not by me. Sadly for you, the tide is changing...and soon the laws of the land. And you'll be disenchanted more. LOL

Actually, not defined by either of us genius. Defined by REALITY.

The tide is changing - in favor of sanity and in direct opposition to your radical and absurd ideology. The November 2010 elections saw an epic beat down nation wide of liberals by a massive Tea Party movement. Not one of which has been unseated since. I've seen Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, and more just owning liberals in Congress and stopping the agenda of your communist crowd.

At the state level, we saw a tidal wave of conservative governors, mayors, state House of Representatives, and more take over and correct the crash course we are on. Scott Walker turned around Wisconsin from the $8 billion nightmare of debt they were facing, and Kasich saved Ohio from the $4 billion nightmare of debt they were facing (and ironically enough, despite conservative policy creating economics flourishing in these states, Obama tries to take credit every time a job is created :lmao:). All of those people are committed to preserving traditional marriage.

But hey, if fantasy land makes you feel better, have at it chief! That's what freedom is all about...

LMAO... You're a riot. The majority of the country is in favor of gay marriage, numbnuts.

Really? Even though it was just shot down (by a huge margin) in über liberal California? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

How appropriate you should mention "La La Land"... :lol:

If divorce hadn't skyrocketed with so many marriages ending in a revolving bedroom door, we wouldn't be discussing same sex marriage today. First marriage had to be weakened. And no one thinks about the children.

Well that's what liberals do. They weaken God. They weaken the family. The weaken the economy. They weaken society.

It's why they are considered by rational people to be a cancer...

This makes no sense, as usual.

The vast majority of liberals are Christian, and even more believe in god.

Liberals have and are members of loving families, families they work to keep safe and happy.

Liberals are members of the economic community, they have jobs, make investments, and plan for retirement; they work hard every day along with millions of other Americans contributing to a strong and growing economy.

And liberals are members of society, they pay taxes, vote in elections, go to church, school, work, and attend high school reunions, just like every other American; through their efforts they contribute to a secure and prosperous society.

They are consequently considered a ‘cancer’ only by irrational people, partisan hacks blinded by ignorance, hate, and dogma.

By the way, forgetting for a moment here that you attempt to change the narrative to fit your own twisted ideology, how exactly is sending someone to prison equal "big government"? I mean, I want 100% of all serial killers in prison. I want 100% of all rapists in prison. How does that equal "big government" again? :cuckoo:

In my proposed plan, government doesn't grow an ounce. We would need more prison guards of course for on site monitoring, transportation, etc. - but we'd save a ton on taxes for roads, bridges, etc. You work them to pay the cost of their own imprisonment (food, housing, healthcare, guards, etc.) and for the cost of their children in the government care.

This is not rocket science....

You're right, its not big government to want to massively expand our prison system as well as our foster care system to include the 8 million children who are currently living with an unemployed parent but will now be raised by the state, and make room for the extra 10 million plus inmates once you criminalize being an unemployed parent.

Nah, no big government there.

If they are living with the parent, then they are not in foster care. Hence (as usual) your entire analogy doesn't apply. :cuckoo:

Do try and follow along next time....
Wait. What?

Are you now saying you want to make having your children in foster care illegal? :confused:

:lmao: http://www.latimes.com/news/local/prop-8/ :lmao:

If they can't make it happen in the ultra-liberal shit-hole known as California, it ain't going to happen anywhere any time soon son.....

Son???????????? My father is deceased, and if you were a family member, I'd disown you.

It’s not surprising so many on the right miss the cogent point RDD_1210 is making: if same-sex couples should be disallowed to marry because their children would ‘suffer’ from a lack of the mother or father in the home, then to be consistent single parents should have their children removed from the home for the same reason.

In reality, however, children can flourish in homes absent a mother or father, whether through divorce, death, or the fact the child’s parents are of the same sex.

Being a same-sex couple does not mean you stop being a parent, either.

I'm can't speak for anyone else - but I am personally not saying that same-sex couples should not be allowed to marry because of anything to do with children. I'm saying they shouldn't be allowed to marry because marriage is between a man and a woman. If they want to create some type of private organization that joins them in some type of union, I support that 1,000%. I'll sign any petition for them any time. When they demand that government needs to get involved with them and give them special favors, that's when I have a fucking problem.

That is your belief. You are mistaking beliefs for truth. They are not. It is not a special favor...it is a right, based on equality. When you finally get that, you'll be less stressed.
Marriage IS NOT a right.

I'm can't speak for anyone else - but I am personally not saying that same-sex couples should not be allowed to marry because of anything to do with children. I'm saying they shouldn't be allowed to marry because marriage is between a man and a woman. If they want to create some type of private organization that joins them in some type of union, I support that 1,000%. I'll sign any petition for them any time. When they demand that government needs to get involved with them and give them special favors, that's when I have a fucking problem.

That is your belief. You are mistaking beliefs for truth. They are not. It is not a special favor...it is a right, based on equality. When you finally get that, you'll be less stressed.
Marriage IS NOT a right.

If it's not a right, then there is no argument against gay marriage, is there? It then becomes something one chooses to do, or not. Thanks.

It truly is sad that gay couples would elect to knowingly put their child/children in a position to have to put up with the embarrassment and humiliation of having gays as parents.

Imagine what it must be like for a child to go to, lets say, their schools open house, and while 99.9% of the children are introducing their mommy's and daddy's, the child of the gays have to introduce their mommy and mommy, or daddy and daddy.

In many ways, it's a form of child abuse....Particularly psychological abuse.

And the sad thing is, besides the embarrassment and humiliation, is that these gay couples do it for no other reason than to advance their perverted agenda.

It truly is sad that gay couples would elect to knowingly put their child/children in a position to have to put up with the embarrassment and humiliation of having gays as parents.

Imagine what it must be like for a child to go to, lets say, their schools open house, and while 99.9% of the children are introducing their mommy's and daddy's, the child of the gays have to introduce their mommy and mommy, or daddy and daddy.

And the sad thing is, besides the embarrassment and humiliation, is that these gay couples do it for no other reason than to advance their perverted agenda.

Parental love from a heterosexual or a gay source, is preferable to no source. The children of gays, by and large, grow up to be well-adjusted heterosexuals, without the servile prejudices and biases you obviously have. Only small-minded individuals see it as a negative. I'd ask the children of gays what they think, before I'd ask the likes of you.

Marriage IS NOT a right.

If it's not a right, then there is no argument against gay marriage, is there? It then becomes something one chooses to do, or not. Thanks.
Sure there is...It's called fighting against the erosion of morals in this country.....And, I must say, i'm proud of the liberals in this state who understand that morals are eroding in this country, and that a majority of them are standing in support of prop. 8.

Look, if two perverts want to play house, and call themselves "married", fine....But they shouldn't expect the benefits of marriage that is defined as between a man and a woman.

Only about 60% of kids in America have the family structure you're describing. You leave out in your "99%" analogy, single parents, step parents, kids who live with a relative and kids who live in foster care or group homes.

And the above is why we have the 14th Amendment and its case law, to protect Americans from this very hate and ignorance.

So should children living in divorced single family households be taken away from their parents since they aren't growing up with that "traditional" experience?

Being divorced does not mean you stop being a parent, you moron.

That's not the point of RDD's post.

Being gay doesn't mean you stop being a parent either.

If conservatives claim gays can't be married and raise children because they aren't "traditional", RDD is matching that ridiculous thought with the notion that single parents aren't a "traditional" household and shouldn't be able to raise children either.

Try to think past your nose.

No, being gay means you'll never become a parent. The reason gays are having a hard time winning marital rights is their strident rhetoric. If they would simply stop going out of their way to offend religious people, try to be civil and accept the notion of civil unions, all would be well.

Should consenting adults be able to contract with each other any way they please?

Sure. Not many people have a problem with that.

Is same sex marriage a right?

Hell no. It's a preposterous idea.

And the above is why we have the 14th Amendment and its case law, to protect Americans from this very hate and ignorance.

And DOMA is in place to stop that particular abuse of the 14th Amendment.

It’s not surprising so many on the right miss the cogent point RDD_1210 is making: if same-sex couples should be disallowed to marry because their children would ‘suffer’ from a lack of the mother or father in the home, then to be consistent single parents should have their children removed from the home for the same reason.

In reality, however, children can flourish in homes absent a mother or father, whether through divorce, death, or the fact the child’s parents are of the same sex.

Being a same-sex couple does not mean you stop being a parent, either.

The law applies the same to gay people and straight people. There's no doubt of this. You are only entitled to equal treatment under the law.

Nothing else.

But his own experience as a parent revealed to him that children need a mom and a dad, and that marriage is ultimately about putting the needs of children before the desires of adults.

In a recent article at Public Discourse titled “I’m Gay and I Oppose Same-Sex Marriage,” Mainwaring makes the bold claim that: "To be fully formed, children need to be free to generously receive from and express affection to parents of both genders. Genderless marriages deny this fullness".

Mainwaring is also clear on what influenced his thinking about marriage: “Neither religion nor tradition has played a significant role in forming my stance. But reason and experience certainly have

Openly Gay Adoptive Parent Opposes Same-Sex Marriage

Is it true that half of marriages end up in divorce? half?

No, actually, it's not true.

1. The narrative of rising divorce is also completely at odds with counts of divorce certificates, which show the divorce rate as having peaked at 22.8 divorces per 1,000 married couples in 1979 and to have fallen by 2005 to 16.7.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/29/opinion/29wolfers.html

2. A spokesperson for the U.S. National Center for Health Statistics told me that the rumor appears to have originated from a misreading of the facts. It was true, he said, if you looked at all the marriages and divorces within a single year, you'd find that there were twice as many marriages as divorces. In 1981, for example, there were 2.4 million marriages and 1.2 million divorces. At first glance, that would seem like a 50-percent divorce rate.

Virtually none of those divorces were among the people who had married during that year, however, and the statistic failed to take into account the 54 million marriages that already existed, the majority of which would not see divorce.

In his book Inside America in 1984, pollster Louis Harris said that only about 11 or 12 percent of people who had ever been married had ever been divorced. Researcher George Barna's most recent survey of Americans in 2001 estimates that 34 percent of those who have ever been married have ever been divorced.
Fifty Percent of American Marriages End in Divorce-Fiction!

3. Last year in the 44 states reporting data, the American divorce rate dropped to its lowest point in 30 years.

There were almost 20,000 fewer divorces in 2008 than 2007.
Recession Bright Spot? Divorce Rate Drops - CBS News

I saw a documentry on Netflix called Absent. It is about how many children that are growing up with no male father figure in their household and how it is destroying this country . Many boys grow up and dont know how to be a man because they never had one in their household.. It is worth the watch

Forum List

Back