🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Memphis City Council unanimously votes to dig up Confederate General, wife

I have little sympathy for the Confederacy, a gang of hoodlums seeking to perpetrate a virtual feudal state. Still, war is a situation where people get killed. Forrest did what he was charged to do, and what any Union General would do.
Lots of examples are available from both sides about mistreatment of POW's. Did other confederate or Union generals commit the kind of massacre that Forrest did? Seems pretty brazen that he simply ordered all the captured black POW's to be executed on the spot while they begged for mercy. Maybe you know of a comparable incident by a general on either side.
"Sherman personally saw his men rape and murder unyielding slaves throughout the march and gave no order to stop this."
10 War Crimes of the US Civil War - Listverse
Nobody owns patented right to atrocities and war crimes. It is not owned solely by one army or the other. Let them rest, do not dig them up. Learn from the past and it can be done only if we do not revise, alter or eradicate our history.
Why would you post a page of mostly confederate atrocities? Your source for Sherman witnessing atrocities while they foraged and looted is weak at best and in no way compares to a general ordering his men to commit a specific atrocity such as mass murder of unarmed POW's.
I am not an apologist for the Confederacy. I read the page and saw the atrocities exemplified were tilting heavily to the Confederate side but I did not have to think about giving the webpage or not. The truth is truth. I stand for truth according to my best judgment what is truth. I know truth means different things to different people.
Sherman is buried in a cemetery. There is a monument/Memorial to him near the White House. I suppose if somebody wanted to have it removed it would be a difficult project to accomplish, but certainly possible.
I have problem with monuments.. they were erected to commemorate an era and mostly dedicated to persons.
I know for fact that this story is true, I verified it. In the past on the other side of the pond cities and municipalities erected fighting units. One regiment in WW I was erected from this certain city and fought valiantly during the war. Many of the cities' sons, husbands, brothers and fathers fell in that war and after the war ended the city erected a memorial for them listing the names of all who have fallen. The memorial was not an endorsement of any ideology it was solely for the memory of the fallen son's of the city. Then a few decades later the regime changed. The new regime erased/chiseled out all the names on that monument first, then mutilated the monument to almost nothing. Now, the regime has changed again and the people of the city see how stupid it was to desecrate the memory of the regiment. That's what's happening here too. It makes no difference to me if you believe it or not, the main thing is that I know it is true.

Lots of examples are available from both sides about mistreatment of POW's. Did other confederate or Union generals commit the kind of massacre that Forrest did? Seems pretty brazen that he simply ordered all the captured black POW's to be executed on the spot while they begged for mercy. Maybe you know of a comparable incident by a general on either side.
"Sherman personally saw his men rape and murder unyielding slaves throughout the march and gave no order to stop this."
Nobody owns patented right to atrocities and war crimes. It is not owned solely by one army or the other. Let them rest, do not dig them up. Learn from the past and it can be done only if we do not revise, alter or eradicate our history.
Why would you post a page of mostly confederate atrocities? Your source for Sherman witnessing atrocities while they foraged and looted is weak at best and in no way compares to a general ordering his men to commit a specific atrocity such as mass murder of unarmed POW's.
I am not an apologist for the Confederacy. I read the page and saw the atrocities exemplified were tilting heavily to the Confederate side but I did not have to think about giving the webpage or not. The truth is truth. I stand for truth according to my best judgment what is truth. I know truth means different things to different people.
Sherman is buried in a cemetery. There is a monument/Memorial to him near the White House. I suppose if somebody wanted to have it removed it would be a difficult project to accomplish, but certainly possible.
I have problem with monuments.. they were erected to commemorate an era and mostly dedicated to persons.
I know for fact that this story is true, I verified it. In the past on the other side of the pond cities and municipalities erected fighting units. One regiment in WW I was erected from this certain city and fought valiantly during the war. Many of the cities' sons, husbands, brothers and fathers fell in that war and after the war ended the city erected a memorial for them listing the names of all who have fallen. The memorial was not an endorsement of any ideology it was solely for the memory of the fallen son's of the city. Then a few decades later the regime changed. The new regime erased/chiseled out all the names on that monument first, then mutilated the monument to almost nothing. Now, the regime has changed again and the people of the city see how stupid it was to desecrate the memory of the regiment. That's what's happening here too. It makes no difference to me if you believe it or not, the main thing is that I know it is true.
If those who believe that is what is happening here want to stand their ground and work to preserve confederate monuments and symbols of respect and honor they need to do it in an intelligent and rational manner with methods that will be acceptable to the general population.
The reason the confederate flag is coming down has a lot to do with the fact that it was hijacked and politicized to protest integration and civil rights. Now the entire question of the confederacy is being hijacked and politicized by those radical elements of the extremist right wing to promote, among other things, anti federal government anti liberal, anti democrat and anti Obama agendas. The nut job wacko element is leading the parade and as always will be rejected by the majority. The victim will be the memory and legacy of the Confederacy. The nut jobs and wacko elements will do their damage and move on to the next conspiracy theory and hate fest, leaving the sincere and connected to the confederacy in the mess they create.

0,,16792630_303,00.jpg

We torn down the flag, let's dig up their graves!!

If those who believe that is what is happening here want to stand their ground and work to preserve confederate monuments and symbols of respect and honor they need to do it in an intelligent and rational manner with methods that will be acceptable to the general population.
The reason the confederate flag is coming down has a lot to do with the fact that it was hijacked and politicized to protest integration and civil rights. Now the entire question of the confederacy is being hijacked and politicized by those radical elements of the extremist right wing to promote, among other things, anti federal government anti liberal, anti democrat and anti Obama agendas. The nut job wacko element is leading the parade and as always will be rejected by the majority. The victim will be the memory and legacy of the Confederacy. The nut jobs and wacko elements will do their damage and move on to the next conspiracy theory and hate fest, leaving the sincere and connected to the confederacy in the mess they create.
Why don't you let them rest in peace? Why are you resuscitating corpses to blame when we are way past of the era. We addressed the issue of slavery throughout the thread. We addressed that slavery was a commonly accepted institution of the era worldwide (I am not saying it was right nor do I endorse slavery) we went through on all the pro-s and con-s but there is a willful "no-understanding" on the "progressive" side to push the cleansing agenda. There was no problem with flags and monuments for decades, now you needed another victory to push your totalitarian agenda to conform the populace to your way or the highway. I said my peace, I have nothing to add. I believe every concern was addressed in more than 200 postings.

The scab is open. What next. Close down all Kentucky Fried Chickens? What about the Ma & Pa Soul Food House? How about the Hermitage in Nashville?

What about my families farm? My great the third grandad built the house after being released in Vicksburg. There is a slave graveyard we keep up on the property. We keep it cut but noone knows but us as its far off the road

This is utter bullshit.

-geaux

Last edited:
Things are getting crazier and crazier and now it looks like Obama and his friends are deliberately causing hatred in order to cause the race war they so eagerly want.

So say the victors. They eradicated eye witnesses, rewrote history and the gullible takes it as facts. You know, Clint Eastwood depicted some historical facts in the movie "The Outlaw Josie Wales" (Don't try to spin it that I believe that Wales single handedly destroyed a Union Camp and such and I romanticize about him as a hero) Redlegs raping women, murdering families and pillaging behind front lines, Union Army executing Confederates as they lay down their arms. These two elements are historical facts. How about you looking into the atrocities committed in Union run POW camps? You are romanticizing about the noble behavior of Union troops. You are wrong.

Sweet Evil Jesus did you just cite a movie as a historical reference?

The fact is, if we executed so many Confederate Traitors (which is what MOST countries do to the losers of civil wars) then why do we have so man inbreds walking around today waving the Stars and Bars.

Things are getting crazier and crazier and now it looks like Obama and his friends are deliberately causing hatred in order to cause the race war they so eagerly want.
But the result might not be what they want. The military has had more Republicans than Democrats for years, and still does, even though more troops are identifying as independents...
Survey Troops shift political parties Navy Times navytimes.com

Conservatives tend to be better armed too.

Maybe the nutters need to rethink things!!!

be-careful-democrats-civil-war-democrats-republicans-politics-1340361509.jpg

So say the victors. They eradicated eye witnesses, rewrote history and the gullible takes it as facts. You know, Clint Eastwood depicted some historical facts in the movie "The Outlaw Josie Wales" (Don't try to spin it that I believe that Wales single handedly destroyed a Union Camp and such and I romanticize about him as a hero) Redlegs raping women, murdering families and pillaging behind front lines, Union Army executing Confederates as they lay down their arms. These two elements are historical facts. How about you looking into the atrocities committed in Union run POW camps? You are romanticizing about the noble behavior of Union troops. You are wrong.

Sweet Evil Jesus did you just cite a movie as a historical reference?

The fact is, if we executed so many Confederate Traitors (which is what MOST countries do to the losers of civil wars) then why do we have so man inbreds walking around today waving the Stars and Bars.
hahaha.. I really have comment on that one. It speaks for itself. You just displayed your lack of skills in being a well trained spinmeister. Go back your community organizer school read more of Salinsky's instructions.

No bigger racists on the planet than blacks, and you leftards. You both live for it. So if you think he learned it from somewhere, look in the mirror.

Really? He learned it from Blacks? So when he said he almost didn't go through with it because everyone was so nice at the Church, what was he learning from them, exactly?

Ask the PC police that..................Your side drudges up and whines about our history............It wasn't in the lime light until your side dug it up from the grave.................and now a Perfect Storm is brewing by the Race Baiters of this country........Instead of letting it die of old age.................

You are Guilty...........of being a race baiter and instilling a new Racial divide in this country.

So let me get this straight. You guys decide to fly a flag as a symbol of hatred because you were so upset about such outrages as black people voting and sending their kids to your school and actually eating at the Lunch Counter that you put up this flag 50 years ago as a big "FU" to the Federal government.

And for 50 years, decent folks asked you all to take it down because it was, well, Rude.

Then some crazy person waves this flag around and shoots a bunch of black church ladies and suddenly, you are the victim because people point out your flag is kind of hateful?

Ask the PC police that..................Your side drudges up and whines about our history............It wasn't in the lime light until your side dug it up from the grave.................and now a Perfect Storm is brewing by the Race Baiters of this country........Instead of letting it die of old age.................

You are Guilty...........of being a race baiter and instilling a new Racial divide in this country.

So let me get this straight. You guys decide to fly a flag as a symbol of hatred because you were so upset about such outrages as black people voting and sending their kids to your school and actually eating at the Lunch Counter that you put up this flag 50 years ago as a big "FU" to the Federal government.

And for 50 years, decent folks asked you all to take it down because it was, well, Rude.

Then some crazy person waves this flag around and shoots a bunch of black church ladies and suddenly, you are the victim because people point out your flag is kind of hateful?
I live in the deep South...........have never flown the flag..................and up until recently you would hardly see this flag............now more a flying as a result.......................

Opposite result occurred......................as your side fans the flame..............The Flag was on a Confederate Monument to the thousands who died in the War..............

All you have done is stirred up a hornets nest and then blame others for doing so............yet your side still is ok burning the American flag as it is just a symbol.............To me that is offensive.................Want to play this BS fucking game............or do you want to burn a stack of books next................

You are an Idiot.

Cause thats the most pressing problem they have. Last Time I was in Memphis was 2001, as soon as I arrived I was looking for the freeway out. Even the wife recognized an obvious war zone

Then why not ignore it? Why this LETS DIG HIM UP bit? What's it all about?

WHY STOP WITH HIM? WHY NOT FIND EVERY SINGLE THING IN AMERICAN HISTORY THAT IS SIMILAR IN NATURE, DIG IT UP AND REWRITE HISTORY?

The INTENTION here is to PLACATE YOU FUCKING LEFTIST RACISTS, because it is YOU mother fuckers that have your GOD DAMN DEPENDS PULLED UP YOUR ASS CRACK. You took ONE EVENT and have been on an EXPLODING HEAD RAMPAGE about EVERYTHING SOUTHERN EVER SINCE! WHEN DOES IT END? WHERE DOES IT END?

WHEN YOU'VE FINALLY STARTED ANOTHER CIVIL WAR?

Because believe me, YOU'RE PISSING PEOPLE OFF, and if you don't REALIZE that, then you're dumber than a fucking sack of hammers.

You're PUSHING IT, and PUSHING YOUR LUCK.

Our history is our history, LET IT BE.

YOu know, I normally wouldn't have given a flip about Nathan Forrest... but watching you guys flip out is definitely worth it.

Excuses.............................If we ban every damned thing in this country that offends someone then there will be nothing fucking left...........

It is ignorant person who thinks forcing a grave to be moved or a flag taken down will do a damned thing..............It does the opposite..................it fans the flames that were dormant and turns them into a FORREST FIRE..............................

The issue isn't that Forrest wasn't a scum bucket..............it is banning old shit that doesn't serve anything but creating BS in this country.............

Let sleeping dogs..........................................................You get the point........

Your side is fanning the flames to utter INSANITY.............

Oh, Eagle, the only people getting upset this old Klansman is getting reburied are the dumb-ass Cleetuses. Most of us are still embarrassed he had a monument to him.

Then why not ignore it? Why this LETS DIG HIM UP bit? What's it all about?

WHY STOP WITH HIM? WHY NOT FIND EVERY SINGLE THING IN AMERICAN HISTORY THAT IS SIMILAR IN NATURE, DIG IT UP AND REWRITE HISTORY?

The INTENTION here is to PLACATE YOU FUCKING LEFTIST RACISTS, because it is YOU mother fuckers that have your GOD DAMN DEPENDS PULLED UP YOUR ASS CRACK. You took ONE EVENT and have been on an EXPLODING HEAD RAMPAGE about EVERYTHING SOUTHERN EVER SINCE! WHEN DOES IT END? WHERE DOES IT END?

WHEN YOU'VE FINALLY STARTED ANOTHER CIVIL WAR?

Because believe me, YOU'RE PISSING PEOPLE OFF, and if you don't REALIZE that, then you're dumber than a fucking sack of hammers.

You're PUSHING IT, and PUSHING YOUR LUCK.

Our history is our history, LET IT BE.

YOu know, I normally wouldn't have given a flip about Nathan Forrest... but watching you guys flip out is definitely worth it.
I still think they should dig him up, wrap what is left of his remains in one of those flags and dump him in the county landfill.

I have little sympathy for the Confederacy, a gang of hoodlums seeking to perpetrate a virtual feudal state. Still, war is a situation where people get killed. Forrest did what he was charged to do, and what any Union General would do.

Forrest shot unarmed prisoners of war because they were black.

Then he formed a group that terrorized newly freed slaves.

Forum List

Back