🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Memphis City Council unanimously votes to dig up Confederate General, wife

After Chairman Mao subjugated the Chinese people.

The first thing he did was have the Red Guard travel the country and physically erase all evidence of China's past history before the Communist revolution.

Today's liberal PC radicals seek to scour American history from people's memory in much the same manner. ..... :cool:
Actually the exact opposite is occurring. After the Civil War people wanted to put it all behind them which allowed for a revisionist recording of history to occur. Over the years that has allowed for false histories and histories with drastic omissions to take hold. The recent attention to the confederate flag has led to a resurgence of interest which is causing otherwise disinterested persons to investigate and research history and discover facts that are shocking and disturbing. What we are witnessing with this renewed interest is the education of more and more Americans on a historical topic that has been ignored. Forrest is a great example. His history is an embarrassment and shame on the confederacy, but it has been ignored and his horrible behavior omitted from most histories of him that have been propagated by southerners. What is being referred to as revisionist is simple the inclusion of the omitted portions of his and the confederacies actual accurate history.
It has not been ignored it was put to rest since we moved on. Why are you digging graves up instead of focusing on the present?

it's not a historical monument. it's a monument to a man - a particularly loathsome man who was a traitor to his country. why do you believe he deserves a place of honor?

The Soviets were often clumsy, literally using razor blades to cut the names of party enemies out of books. Will you do the same, or simply outlaw print copies to ensure the edition approved by the party is the only one accessible?

Forrest was a complex man, and not at all what you present him as - which is in part why you seek to erase him.
There was nothing complex about murdering captured POW's. Even confederate histories acknowledge the Fort Pillow Massacre. They just give a reduced number of murdered POW's claiming many of them were killed while running away and drowning in the river to escape the massacre.

Most Confederate generals, I would raise a fuss over.

But Forrest, with his history in the Klan, should not have a statue in his honor anywhere in the civilized world.

Put it on a leaky raft, and pull it into the Bermuda Triangle.

What about Robert Byrd and LBJ?

The first thing he did was have the Red Guard travel the country and physically erase all evidence of China's past history before the Communist revolution.

Today's liberal PC radicals seek to scour American history from people's memory in much the same manner. ..... :cool:
Actually the exact opposite is occurring. After the Civil War people wanted to put it all behind them which allowed for a revisionist recording of history to occur. Over the years that has allowed for false histories and histories with drastic omissions to take hold. The recent attention to the confederate flag has led to a resurgence of interest which is causing otherwise disinterested persons to investigate and research history and discover facts that are shocking and disturbing. What we are witnessing with this renewed interest is the education of more and more Americans on a historical topic that has been ignored. Forrest is a great example. His history is an embarrassment and shame on the confederacy, but it has been ignored and his horrible behavior omitted from most histories of him that have been propagated by southerners. What is being referred to as revisionist is simple the inclusion of the omitted portions of his and the confederacies actual accurate history.
It has not been ignored it was put to rest since we moved on. Why are you digging graves up instead of focusing on the present?
How many people reading about Forrest today had a clue about his massacre of black POW's at Fort Pillow? And I have nothing to do with digging him up and removing his corpse from a position of honor. That is being done by his hometown and county.

I will gladly take full credit for saying Forrest went to hell for being an evil and horrible human being.
Ah.. I believe that. You would take credit being Buddha himself. You just don't want to take credit for trying to revise history
How is the moving of the bodies revising history?
What page you are on in Alinsky's handbook? Asking the same fucking question over and over again in tandem with your comrades is boring the least. Go find some other readings to do, maybe you learn more than how to be a provocateur.
answer it and i'll stop asking. if you can't answer, maybe you don't have the point you think you do.
so it should be rather simple. how do you feel history is being revised?
I did the digging for you: post#130
Pay attention to de-Stalinization. Move the body as part of revising history.
not the same. that was more than a moving of the body, and you know it.

Holy shit. Now this is getting ridiculous.

Im 100% in support of taking the flag down.

But digging up bodies? Thats some shit they'd do in the Middle East.

Where will they be relocated? Does that town then become racist for harboring dead rebels?
Then you shouldn't have supported pulling down the flag.

How many people reading about Forrest today had a clue about his massacre of black POW's at Fort Pillow? And I have nothing to do with digging him up and removing his corpse from a position of honor. That is being done by his hometown and county.
And how many people care? I sure as shit don't. Digging up bodies of dead people is fucking insane.

i've read the entire thread. you've never answered it. but if you believe you have, by all means point me to a post, or repeat your answer. until you do, it looks like you're ducking the question because you know you don't have a leg to stand on.

You eradicate a historical monument to hide the knowledge - just as your mentors, Hitler and Stalin, did before you. You no longer hide what it is you are.
Of course there is a slight difference. Here and now, unlike under your comparisons, you can still write books, make speeches, build memorials on private property, make documentaries and promote your version of history in whatever manner you desire. In those places and under the people you are comparing us to you would have been swept up in the middle of the night along with your family and forced into a slave labor camp until you died, or simple been executed immediately. See the difference?
A nation's history belongs to the nation and not to secluded private hideouts.
There you go, the truth finally came out. You wish you could do that here too. If we "progress" they way we do you might become a Standartenführer while herding us into box cars with little confederate flags pinned on our clothing heading toward your Gulag
th-4.jpeg

Then you shouldn't have supported pulling down the flag.

Why?

I think the flag of a nation defeated 150 years ago in a war against us has no place at all on government grounds. Yet the destruction of historical sites by the Communists still demonstrates that the democrats are no different than Stalin and his thugs.

Last edited:

And how many people care? I sure as shit don't. Digging up bodies of dead people is fucking insane.
It is being done by the local people. Why do you object to local people making decisions like this? The state of SC decided to take down the rebel flag. Why do you blame people who had no control over the decision instead of the people who did in fact have control and made those decisions?

Then why are you waging a jihad?

There was nothing complex about murdering captured POW's. Even confederate histories acknowledge the Fort Pillow Massacre. They just give a reduced number of murdered POW's claiming many of them were killed while running away and drowning in the river to escape the massacre.

I have little sympathy for the Confederacy, a gang of hoodlums seeking to perpetrate a virtual feudal state. Still, war is a situation where people get killed. Forrest did what he was charged to do, and what any Union General would do.

I have little sympathy for the Confederacy, a gang of hoodlums seeking to perpetrate a virtual feudal state. Still, war is a situation where people get killed. Forrest did what he was charged to do, and what any Union General would do.[/QUOTE]
..and did.

I have little sympathy for the Confederacy, a gang of hoodlums seeking to perpetrate a virtual feudal state. Still, war is a situation where people get killed. Forrest did what he was charged to do, and what any Union General would do.
Lots of examples are available from both sides about mistreatment of POW's. Did other confederate or Union generals commit the kind of massacre that Forrest did? Seems pretty brazen that he simply ordered all the captured black POW's to be executed on the spot while they begged for mercy. Maybe you know of a comparable incident by a general on either side.

Lots of examples are available from both sides about mistreatment of POW's. Did other confederate or Union generals commit the kind of massacre that Forrest did? Seems pretty brazen that he simply ordered all the captured black POW's to be executed on the spot while they begged for mercy. Maybe you know of a comparable incident by a general on either side.
"Sherman personally saw his men rape and murder unyielding slaves throughout the march and gave no order to stop this."
10 War Crimes of the US Civil War - Listverse
Nobody owns patented right to atrocities and war crimes. It is not owned solely by one army or the other. Let them rest, do not dig them up. Learn from the past and it can be done only if we do not revise, alter or eradicate our history.

Ah.. I believe that. You would take credit being Buddha himself. You just don't want to take credit for trying to revise history
How is the moving of the bodies revising history?
What page you are on in Alinsky's handbook? Asking the same fucking question over and over again in tandem with your comrades is boring the least. Go find some other readings to do, maybe you learn more than how to be a provocateur.
answer it and i'll stop asking. if you can't answer, maybe you don't have the point you think you do.
so it should be rather simple. how do you feel history is being revised?
I did the digging for you: post#130
Pay attention to de-Stalinization. Move the body as part of revising history.
not the same. that was more than a moving of the body, and you know it.
It is the same, different scenario>>>end result is the same. Yes, first move the corpse then eradicate history.

"Sherman personally saw his men rape and murder unyielding slaves throughout the march and gave no order to stop this."
Nobody owns patented right to atrocities and war crimes. It is not owned solely by one army or the other. Let them rest, do not dig them up. Learn from the past and it can be done only if we do not revise, alter or eradicate our history.
Why would you post a page of mostly confederate atrocities? Your source for Sherman witnessing atrocities while they foraged and looted is weak at best and in no way compares to a general ordering his men to commit a specific atrocity such as mass murder of unarmed POW's.

Why would you post a page of mostly confederate atrocities? Your source for Sherman witnessing atrocities while they foraged and looted is weak at best and in no way compares to a general ordering his men to commit a specific atrocity such as mass murder of unarmed POW's.
I am not an apologist for the Confederacy. I read the page and saw the atrocities exemplified were tilting heavily to the Confederate side but I did not have to think about giving the webpage or not. The truth is truth. I stand for truth according to my best judgment what is truth. I know truth means different things to different people.

I am not an apologist for the Confederacy. I read the page and saw the atrocities exemplified were tilting heavily to the Confederate side but I did not have to think about giving the webpage or not. The truth is truth. I stand for truth according to my best judgment what is truth. I know truth means different things to different people.
Sherman is buried in a cemetery. There is a monument/Memorial to him near the White House. I suppose if somebody wanted to have it removed it would be a difficult project to accomplish, but certainly possible.

Forum List

Back