Men in women's bathrooms

I disagree, the COTUS does not bind individuals or businesses to respect civil rights and any such law that does so is unconstitutional.

What if we passed a law that stated " a business owner must respect a customer's right to bear arms?" as an example.
So do you think it is legal or acceptable for a business to have a "whites" only restroom?

I think it should be legal, yes.

Does that mean I'd support a business that did so? No , it doesn't and I wouldn't , but if someone thinks they can make a go of an a black only eatery, who am I to stop them??
Lets say a Chinese company buys a bunch of real estate in your neighborhood, factories, business centers, apartments etc etc. and they decide they want to create a Chinese only environment and word gets out so a bunch of Chinese flock into your city and pretty much take it over. Now you can't eat, seek entertainment, find a place to live, or operate your business because you are not Chinese. How does that America look to you?

I mean those things already happen in various parts of the country. As long as they aren't directly harming other people. why should we care?

Because we, in common, make it possible for a business to exist. It's known as commerce for a reason.

I never backed the Baker, the Florist or the Photographer for that reason.

The restroom situation is completely different

No, it isn't different. If the government can tell you who you must serve, they can also tell you that you must provide a bathroom and in what manner you must provide it.

So do you think it is legal or acceptable for a business to have a "whites" only restroom?

Does that mean I'd support a business that did so? No , it doesn't and I wouldn't , but if someone thinks they can make a go of an a black only eatery, who am I to stop them??
Lets say a Chinese company buys a bunch of real estate in your neighborhood, factories, business centers, apartments etc etc. and they decide they want to create a Chinese only environment and word gets out so a bunch of Chinese flock into your city and pretty much take it over. Now you can't eat, seek entertainment, find a place to live, or operate your business because you are not Chinese. How does that America look to you?

I mean those things already happen in various parts of the country. As long as they aren't directly harming other people. why should we care?
They are happening to a degree where foreigners are buying up businesses but we still live in an inclusive society. You would care if you were forced from you home or community... Just think through it. Without fair practice and equal rights regulations our country would go to shit.

No, it wouldn't . In the first place, how many businesses do you REALLY think would start discriminating? Oh , for sure you'd see gays having to go to a different bakery and things of that sort. But you sure wouldn't see whole towns where a black man couldn't get a meal or anything of that sort. Come on now.
You don't know how people will respond and youre promoting an environment that would enable a racially divided society should there be a desire by one group to take over... It's against all principles that I personally believe in and against what many in this country believe in. I think you'd do yourself a service to give this one some serious thought and reflection hopefully reevaluate your position

Because we, in common, make it possible for a business to exist. It's known as commerce for a reason.

No, it isn't different. If the government can tell you who you must serve, they can also tell you that you must provide a bathroom and in what manner you must provide it.

Yup.

That's why, when dealing with civil rights one must tread lightly nthe standard is set. What NC did, whether they realized it or not, was a rational application of the accepted legal norm.

Changing that norm could be disastrous.

Children live under their parents rules, employees live under a businesses rules, businesses live under a states and nations rules, the leaders at the top have checks and balances… That's how our country works. It's not a bad system

They are happening to a degree where foreigners are buying up businesses but we still live in an inclusive society. You would care if you were forced from you home or community... Just think through it. Without fair practice and equal rights regulations our country would go to shit.

No, it wouldn't . In the first place, how many businesses do you REALLY think would start discriminating? Oh , for sure you'd see gays having to go to a different bakery and things of that sort. But you sure wouldn't see whole towns where a black man couldn't get a meal or anything of that sort. Come on now.
You don't know how people will respond and youre promoting an environment that would enable a racially divided society should there be a desire by one group to take over... It's against all principles that I personally believe in and against what many in this country believe in. I think you'd do yourself a service to give this one some serious thought and reflection hopefully reevaluate your position

You would object to a system that actually allowed a man to do with his property as he pleased?

The strength of government is SUPPOSED To be used to prevent people from hurting other people. not to bash them over the head and make them behave the way we think they should behave.

Hell, look at gay marriage, that's EXACTLY what conservatives were trying to do, use the law to bash gays over the head and make them behave the way they wanted them to behave. It certainly isn't any different now just because YOU want to make someone behave in a certain manner.

If Bob opens a restaurant up and says "no blacks" is anyone really hurt? I'm not talking about your feelings, I'm talking about actual damages.

No, cutting your dick off is a solution in search of a problem.

It won't make a man a woman

They still won't have a period, won't get pregnant, endure childbirth not go though menopause.

All they are are surgically altered males.

I'd post a picture of a dead horse, but idiotWytch would beat it.

Seawtch is still hiding from the question how when a 45 year old man's body walks into a bathroom of middle age and teenage girls she knows it's not a man, it's a woman

Did you think that made sense when you typed it?

I know when a transgendered individual uses the restroom of the gender they are transitioning to, nothing happens beyond them peeing and leaving...until RWNJs like yourself decide that we need more ridiculous laws. (that don't make it any safer for women and children)

You COMPLETELY avoided his question.

The question is simple.

How do you know, just by looks whether a person who enters the bathroom is a transgender, or is just someone entering the bathroom under false pretense? Myself, I think it's a silly question, but as is usual with you you refuse to answer.
I'll answer... You don't know and it doesn't matter. We don't need a law about it. If somebody does something inappropriate in a bathroom then they are violating existing law.

I don't disagree with you, but SeaWytch is making a stupid argument.

I don't care who uses what restroom. If you have a restroom in your store, YOU decide how best to handle it for YOU. If you don't have a store, you don't get to decide. Go shop elsewhere.

Yes, and you know that's what I'm arguing, right? It's up to the owner of the bathroom. I'd object to their banning transgenders from a bathroom as strongly as their enabling access. Not their right, and government has no legitimate right to force private citizens to execute government policy on their own property

You would object to a system that actually allowed a man to do with his property as he pleased?

The strength of government is SUPPOSED To be used to prevent people from hurting other people. not to bash them over the head and make them behave the way we think they should behave.

Hell, look at gay marriage, that's EXACTLY what conservatives were trying to do, use the law to bash gays over the head and make them behave the way they wanted them to behave. It certainly isn't any different now just because YOU want to make someone behave in a certain manner.

If Bob opens a restaurant up and says "no blacks" is anyone really hurt? I'm not talking about your feelings, I'm talking about actual damages.
I wouldn't object to anybody doing whatever they want on their own property as long is it didn't cause damage to anybody else... A business is different than your property. A business wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the roads people use to drive there or to ship goods, it wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the currency we all used for exchange and it wouldn't exist without the marketplace that is here because of we the taxpayers and our government.

As for the Mr. Bobs non Blacks business... of course there are damages... If bob can do whatever he wants what is stopping him from child labor, firing women when they get pregnant, keeping a safe and healthy work environment... The list goes on and on. We the people have every right to set standards that our business owners have to adhere to... That involves standards of workers rights, compensation, equal rights, and health and safety. I understand the theory of free market capitalism and think we can implement many of its good attributes but left alone our country becomes divided and unstable... the ghettos, poverty, and crime increase, and we degress as a nation.

I wouldn't object to anybody doing whatever they want on their own property as long is it didn't cause damage to anybody else... A business is different than your property. A business wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the roads people use to drive there or to ship goods, it wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the currency we all used for exchange and it wouldn't exist without the marketplace that is here because of we the taxpayers and our government.

As for the Mr. Bobs non Blacks business... of course there are damages... If bob can do whatever he wants what is stopping him from child labor, firing women when they get pregnant, keeping a safe and healthy work environment... The list goes on and on. We the people have every right to set standards that our business owners have to adhere to... That involves standards of workers rights, compensation, equal rights, and health and safety. I understand the theory of free market capitalism and think we can implement many of its good attributes but left alone our country becomes divided and unstable... the ghettos, poverty, and crime increase, and we degress as a nation.

My business IS my property, I know, I pay the property taxes every year.

And the things you listed like worker's rights and such, those things actually can hurt someone. NO ONE can possibly be harmed by being told "you can't eat here"

And I reiterate, 99.9% of people wouldn't even change how they do business anyway. You would simply be removing government force from the equation.

Make a case that someone would actually be HURT by being refused entrance to a business. Actually, we already know two things. 1 you can't name any harm done, and 2. I CAN legally keep you from entering my business, except for a few reasons, so the law doesn't even prevent discrimination, it ONLY prevents certain discrimination.

Anti trans laws don't stop that from happening. Anti Trans laws don't protect children from sexual predators. Laws that allow trans people into the restroom associated with their transitioning gender do not put children at greater risk from sexual predators, they keep trans people from being harassed and discriminated against, that's it.

17 states, DC and over 200 cities have laws that protect gender identity in public accommodation. It has not given sexual predators license to molest children in any of those places.

These transphobic bathroom laws are a solution in search of a problem.

They still won't have a period, won't get pregnant, endure childbirth not go though menopause.

Seawtch is still hiding from the question how when a 45 year old man's body walks into a bathroom of middle age and teenage girls she knows it's not a man, it's a woman

I know when a transgendered individual uses the restroom of the gender they are transitioning to, nothing happens beyond them peeing and leaving...until RWNJs like yourself decide that we need more ridiculous laws. (that don't make it any safer for women and children)

The question is simple.

How do you know, just by looks whether a person who enters the bathroom is a transgender, or is just someone entering the bathroom under false pretense? Myself, I think it's a silly question, but as is usual with you you refuse to answer.

And the answer was simpler than you are...which is quite a feat.

An individual enters the restroom, pees and leaves. Anything other than evacuation or hand washing is already illegal, for anyone.

How do you know, by looks, that the individual is a 45 year old man and not a lesbian?

You call someone simple then swish yet again.

Before, anyone seeing a man enter a girls room would be stopped. Now you're giving him a free pass. So how do you know when you see him that he's not a sexual predator that figured out that loophole?

The question is simple.

An individual enters the restroom, pees and leaves. Anything other than evacuation or hand washing is already illegal, for anyone.

How do you know, by looks, that the individual is a 45 year old man and not a lesbian?

I don't care , you fucking idiot. If Bob owns a restaurant and says "anyone can use the bathroom" its his fucking bathroom, if you don't like it, don't eat there. Same thing the other way around, if Bob says "no if you look like a boy, use the boy's bathroom" and you don't like it find somewhere else to fucking eat.

You see how that is fair and equal to EVERYONE, most especially to Bob WHO OWNS THE FUCKING BATHROOM?

Liberals are way too lazy to go to another restraunt. They even want bakers to be forced at gunpoint to bake cakes for them

The question is simple.

I don't care , you fucking idiot. If Bob owns a restaurant and says "anyone can use the bathroom" its his fucking bathroom, if you don't like it, don't eat there. Same thing the other way around, if Bob says "no if you look like a boy, use the boy's bathroom" and you don't like it find somewhere else to fucking eat.

You see how that is fair and equal to EVERYONE, most especially to Bob WHO OWNS THE FUCKING BATHROOM?

Is that what these anti Trans laws do? (The answer is no)

17 states and over 200 localities have protected trans folks from discrimination in Public Accommodation without issue. No increased danger to women and children. No increased frequency of "incidents"

It's all new. Again you can't answer the question, suppose a sexual predator does figure cleverly somehow figure out the loophole and walks into a girls room in front of people unable to stop him and starts molesting middle schoolers. You going to write to their parents and tell them it's OK because statistically they don't count? How many victims would you need to decide that it does matter?

The question is simple.

Thats pretty much how its been until this NC Bill was passed, now there is a huge controversy. It's ok to admit that they made a mistake, it isn't going to ruin your Conservative Reputation... Our business owners need to adhere to equal rights and fair business practices and as long as they do that then all should be fine. If it gets too lax then whats the difference between not letting Trans use bathrooms or not letting muslims or blacks use the bathroom... We aren't going to go back to whites only and blacks get the bucket... Regulations are solutions that are implemented because of the irresponsibility of our business owners. I am a business owner and I don't like any regulations, but I understand why many are implemented and I don't get pissed at the government I get pissed at those that cause the problems that the government and our public decide need to be fixed.

The entire premise behind PA laws is stupid and unconstitutional. That's a fact.

"hey you, yeah you, you can't be discriminated against for A,B, or C, but you can be discriminated against for X,Y, and Z " that's just dumb, and also does not afford equal protection of the law.

And just to be clear, I think the NC law is stupid, and a waste of time.

Do you know what it says? Charlotte and others passed laws forcing business owners to let transgenders use the bathroom of their choice. NC passed a law overriding that and said it's up to the business owner. How is that a "waste of time" considering your position?

The question is simple.

Thats pretty much how its been until this NC Bill was passed, now there is a huge controversy. It's ok to admit that they made a mistake, it isn't going to ruin your Conservative Reputation... Our business owners need to adhere to equal rights and fair business practices and as long as they do that then all should be fine. If it gets too lax then whats the difference between not letting Trans use bathrooms or not letting muslims or blacks use the bathroom... We aren't going to go back to whites only and blacks get the bucket... Regulations are solutions that are implemented because of the irresponsibility of our business owners. I am a business owner and I don't like any regulations, but I understand why many are implemented and I don't get pissed at the government I get pissed at those that cause the problems that the government and our public decide need to be fixed.

The entire premise behind PA laws is stupid and unconstitutional. That's a fact.

"hey you, yeah you, you can't be discriminated against for A,B, or C, but you can be discriminated against for X,Y, and Z " that's just dumb, and also does not afford equal protection of the law.

Do you know what it says? Charlotte and others passed laws forcing business owners to let transgenders use the bathroom of their choice. NC passed a law overriding that and said it's up to the business owner. How is that a "waste of time" considering your position?

Instead of passing a law saying the opposite they should have just flat went after the city. Also, there are several riders on that bill that are ridiculous and have nothing to do with the topic of bathrooms anyway.

Instead of passing a law saying the opposite they should have just flat went after the city. Also, there are several riders on that bill that are ridiculous and have nothing to do with the topic of bathrooms anyway.

They didn't pass a law saying the opposite.

Charlotte for example said transgenders can use the bathroom of their choice.

The opposite would be if they said transgenders have to use their biological sex bathroom. They didn't say that, they said it's up to the owner of the bathroom, which is both our positions.

If I owned say a bar with no kids in the liberal inner city, I'd let transgenders use the bathroom of their choice. If I owned a private school with middle schoolers, I wouldn't. My personal view is that it depends, I don't have a single answer.

But my political position is it's up to the owner of the bathroom, either way, period. And that's what the law says.

The question is simple.

17 states and over 200 localities have protected trans folks from discrimination in Public Accommodation without issue. No increased danger to women and children. No increased frequency of "incidents"

I don't care about "incidents" you fucking idiot. Why do you INSIST on trying to tie me to that argument. My one and ONLY argument is that the government should in NOWAY tell me how to manage MY restroom.

Yes, we know the sentiment...

segreated_bathrooms.jpg

The question is simple.

I don't care about "incidents" you fucking idiot. Why do you INSIST on trying to tie me to that argument. My one and ONLY argument is that the government should in NOWAY tell me how to manage MY restroom.

segreated_bathrooms.jpg

Stop comparing your mental illness to skin color.

The question is simple.

segreated_bathrooms.jpg

LOL, again the gay whackos try to take on the mantra of the black civil right movement. Here's a tissue

segreated_bathrooms.jpg

LOL, again the gay whackos try to take on the mantra of the black civil right movement. Here's a tissue

You would think black people would be highly offended by the comparison of their skin color to a mental defect.

The question is simple.

segreated_bathrooms.jpg

Yet this is exactly what you are arguing in favor of.

segreated_bathrooms.jpg

Right.

Because being a sick, immoral pervert—such as a man who claims to “identify as a woman” and demands access to women's restroom and dressing facilities while our wives, daughters, and sisters are in there—is exactly the same thing as being “colored”; and thinking that women and girls should be protected from such perverts is exactly the same thing as being racist against black people.

Liberalism truly has devolved into overt madness and evil.

Forum List

Back