"Merry Christmas" Versus "Season Greetings"...

What if you tell someone "merry christmas" and they get all butt-hurt about it?
Grow up and just ignore. Good grief, are you a baby?

Actually they are the ones being babies about it, which is why people play it "safe" and say happy holidays, not because they want to, but to avoid offending someone.

The expressions 'seasons greetings' and 'happy holidays' have been in use since long before the rightwing crybabies decided to cry about them.

There is a difference between them being around, and the feeling of being forced to use them lest some snowflake such as yourself gets all butt hurt over being told the wrong one.

When did you RW crybabies start crying about this?

LOL, the only people butt hurt over this are those on the left.

NYC, from the bottom of my heart at this special time of year, I wish to say to you, in all seriousness, Best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most joyous traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, but with respect for the religious persuasion of others who choose to practice their own religion as well as those who choose not to practice a religion at all'.

What if you tell someone "merry christmas" and they get all butt-hurt about it?

Actually they are the ones being babies about it, which is why people play it "safe" and say happy holidays, not because they want to, but to avoid offending someone.

The expressions 'seasons greetings' and 'happy holidays' have been in use since long before the rightwing crybabies decided to cry about them.

There is a difference between them being around, and the feeling of being forced to use them lest some snowflake such as yourself gets all butt hurt over being told the wrong one.
:crybaby:

Snowflake.

84293e525b5d940ec397c51a4ee11d3f.jpg

I pulled this from your example, what was the point of this?

NYC, from the bottom of my heart at this special time of year, I wish to say to you, in all seriousness, Best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most joyous traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, but with respect for the religious persuasion of others who choose to practice their own religion as well as those who choose not to practice a religion at all'.

Oh? And what about those of us from Massachusetts? Is NYC special or something? :D

tenor.gif

Not really correct. it is the far right snowflakes that have been beating the drum of the "war on christmas" for years now. Hell you far right snowflakes have even written books about it.

I've never seen a thread by a liberal complaining that some store clerk said Merry Christmas.

Not really correct. it is the far right snowflakes that have been beating the drum of the "war on christmas" for years now. Hell you far right snowflakes have even written books about it.

The difference is the right doesn't run to government to try to force this on anyone. Complaining is not the same as "snowflaking"

Oh? And what about those of us from Massachusetts? Is NYC special or something? :D

tenor.gif
Sorry, he - NYC, the PERSON, just seemed a bit out of joint about Conservatives who attempt to enforce their festive yet religiously-motivated/connected greetings down his throat, so I wanted to make sure he knew that I was not one of them while still wishing him a joyous winters' solstice.

As far as NY City, and New Jersey - where I will be traveling this next weekend to visit the In-Laws for Christmas, I plan to personally make a stop in to say, 'Hey New York New Jersey, How YOU doin'?! Happy Holidays.'

Massachusetts will just get a big ol' CYBER 'Happy Holidays' from me.

I've never seen a thread by a liberal complaining that some store clerk said Merry Christmas.

Don't say 'Merry Christmas', it might offend someone, says Whitehall guidance

Is it a big deal?

The Big Difference Between Trump and Obama's Holiday Cards? It's all about Christmas

View attachment 164262
The new cards, signed by Barron, Melania and President Trump read
"Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year."

There are obvious comparisons between the Obama's official Christmas cards and the Trumps' first Christmas card.

The last eight years of official White House Christmas cards all neglected to mention Christmas, President Obama opting instead for all-inclusive terms such as "Seasons Greetings."

"You go to stores, you don't see the word Christmas. It says 'happy holidays' all over," Donald Trump proclaimed in the past.

Now President Trump has vowed to take on the so-called war on Christmas.
The Big Difference Between Trump and Obama's Holiday Cards? It's all about Christmas
This is a yuugely important issue. Much more so that a tax cut for the 1% or troops in Syria. Bigly.

And I have never seen any one of the left make up fake news about it either...

zKwMRMKQorXG-pUQkP-Lipx7o6XFFit_uMZvkR3nPUUX-dvnEETu5HOe1gzFRCHG_veeJGStooZL2x4_PxGvaFofQxmHeJdPPXmMFk1DJ2-tQ0I7SPr7Pctl8q-SLmhEzO8ezu8i

Then why is Trump leading the charge to change it back to Merry Christmas? Is he suddenly a leftist?

Is it a big deal?

View attachment 164262

There are obvious comparisons between the Obama's official Christmas cards and the Trumps' first Christmas card.

The last eight years of official White House Christmas cards all neglected to mention Christmas, President Obama opting instead for all-inclusive terms such as "Seasons Greetings."

"You go to stores, you don't see the word Christmas. It says 'happy holidays' all over," Donald Trump proclaimed in the past.

This is a yuugely important issue. Much more so that a tax cut for the 1% or troops in Syria. Bigly.
I don't think his base gets taxes or military strategy (except NUKE NOKO), but stuff like Merry Christmas and saluting the flag are right in their comfort zone.

The difference is the right doesn't run to government to try to force this on anyone. Complaining is not the same as "snowflaking"
No one is forcing it on you.

Is it a big deal?

View attachment 164262

Trump said MerryCjristmas to all the Christians & told the other 25% of this country to go fuck themselves.

'You assholes think this is a Christian country? I have news, a Christian country would not have elected a business cheat, fraud, woman groper, accused child rapist, liar & bigot. And a true Christian would not vote for the bigoted child molester Moore.

so Fuck your war on Christmas.

Then why is Trump leading the charge to change it back to Merry Christmas? Is he suddenly a leftist?

because he knows it pisses progressives off.

No one is forcing it on you.

yeah, right. progressives NEVER use social or peer pressure to get their ways......

Busybody snowflakes, all of you.

Is 'Merry Christmas, Yall' offensive (or BANNED) up north, or can I still say it when I go to visit the In-laws? :p

Forum List

Back