"Merry Christmas" Versus "Season Greetings"...

Why do people seem to care what greeting someone else uses? Calm down. I say Merry Christmas, but I am not going to clutch my pearls if someone wishes me a Happy Holidays or Season Greetings.

What if you tell someone "merry christmas" and they get all butt-hurt about it?
Grow up and just ignore. Good grief, are you a baby?

Actually they are the ones being babies about it, which is why people play it "safe" and say happy holidays, not because they want to, but to avoid offending someone.

The expressions 'seasons greetings' and 'happy holidays' have been in use since long before the rightwing crybabies decided to cry about them.

There is a difference between them being around, and the feeling of being forced to use them lest some snowflake such as yourself gets all butt hurt over being told the wrong one.

Why do people seem to care what greeting someone else uses? Calm down. I say Merry Christmas, but I am not going to clutch my pearls if someone wishes me a Happy Holidays or Season Greetings.

Actually they are the ones being babies about it, which is why people play it "safe" and say happy holidays, not because they want to, but to avoid offending someone.

The expressions 'seasons greetings' and 'happy holidays' have been in use since long before the rightwing crybabies decided to cry about them.

There is a difference between them being around, and the feeling of being forced to use them lest some snowflake such as yourself gets all butt hurt over being told the wrong one.

When did you RW crybabies start crying about this?

Those PC Expressions are fucking spineless and meaningless... why even use suck fucked up neutered shit?

and aren't your really beating the war drum against Christmas here? It's your right to do so, but it seems that everyone on the left is claiming there is no war on Christmas and your post suggests otherwise.

Actually, I'm a conscientious objector on the War Against Christmas.

There is no "War on Christmas". There is a recognition that the state shouldn't impose it's view on religion on the rest of us.
PC is the war on anything decent, there is nothing more neutered than PC... lol

I am highly offended by this whole thread and the OP who intentionally left out in insult:

Happy Hanukkah
Happy Kwanzaa
Merry Festivus
Merry Winter Solstace
Feliz Navidad

:p

PC does not tolerate anything but it’s own incestuous nature, fuck the village

Those PC Expressions are fucking spineless and meaningless... why even use suck fucked up neutered shit?

Why make Santa Claus and decorated trees the focus of what is supposedly a celebration of the birth of Jesus?

I think I've found the earliest evidence of the war on Christmas that you can probably identify with:

Henry Ford was an avid proponent of the idea that someone—or more precisely, some group—was waging a war on Christmas.

“Last Christmas most people had a hard time finding Christmas cards that indicated in any way that Christmas commemorated Someone's Birth,” according to The International Jew: The World's Foremost Problem, a widely distributed set of anti-Semitic articles published in the automobile magnate’s newsweekly during the 1920s.

“People sometimes ask why 3,000,000 Jews can control the affairs of 100,000,000 Americans. In the same way that ten Jewish students can abolish the mention of Christmas and Easter out of schools containing 3,000 Christian pupils.”

lol

A Short History of the War on Christmas

Why make Santa Claus and decorated trees the focus of what is supposedly a celebration of the birth of Jesus?
Normally I don’t care, but there is nothing more pussy whipped than being PC... it must suck?

Best Politically Correct Holiday Greeting Ever?

'Best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most joyous traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, but with respect for the religious persuasion of others who choose to practice their own religion as well as those who choose not to practice a religion at all'.

A Politically Correct Christmas Greeting

Normally I don’t care, but there is nothing more pussy whipped than being PC... it must suck?

From my point of view, I really do want the people I work with and/or the clients of the place I work for, my friends, my family and even strangers to really feel happy and good for the holiday season. If they don't celebrate Christmas and are not Christian, that doesn't change anything. I still wish them a happy holiday season whatever holiday they may celebrate or even if they don't celebrate at all. It is supposed to be about GOOD WILL.

I think I've found the earliest evidence of the war on Christmas that you can probably identify with:

Henry Ford was an avid proponent of the idea that someone—or more precisely, some group—was waging a war on Christmas.

“Last Christmas most people had a hard time finding Christmas cards that indicated in any way that Christmas commemorated Someone's Birth,” according to The International Jew: The World's Foremost Problem, a widely distributed set of anti-Semitic articles published in the automobile magnate’s newsweekly during the 1920s.

“People sometimes ask why 3,000,000 Jews can control the affairs of 100,000,000 Americans. In the same way that ten Jewish students can abolish the mention of Christmas and Easter out of schools containing 3,000 Christian pupils.”

lol

A Short History of the War on Christmas
The point is there is no good reason to be PC, being fucked in the head is the only explanation I guess... lol

I am highly offended by this whole thread and the OP who intentionally left out in insult:

Happy Hanukkah
Happy Kwanzaa
Merry Festivus
Merry Winter Solstace
Feliz Navidad

:p

You see? Happy Holidays covers all of that with two simple words. :D Your ass is covered.

Thank you so very much, Chris. Being worried about all of that is the worst pert of the holidays. :p

I did find that great Politically Correct greeting, though...but I still like Happy Holidays. Thank you.

From my point of view, I really do want the people I work with and/or the clients of the place I work for, my friends, my family and even strangers to really feel happy and good for the holiday season. If they don't celebrate Christmas and are not Christian, that doesn't change anything. I still wish them a happy holiday season whatever holiday they may celebrate or even if they don't celebrate at all. It is supposed to be about GOOD WILL.
Which is fine, but the fact remains being PC represents cowardly submissiveness to the collective...

Is it a big deal?

The Big Difference Between Trump and Obama's Holiday Cards? It's all about Christmas

View attachment 164262
The new cards, signed by Barron, Melania and President Trump read
"Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year."

There are obvious comparisons between the Obama's official Christmas cards and the Trumps' first Christmas card.

The last eight years of official White House Christmas cards all neglected to mention Christmas, President Obama opting instead for all-inclusive terms such as "Seasons Greetings."

"You go to stores, you don't see the word Christmas. It says 'happy holidays' all over," Donald Trump proclaimed in the past.

Now President Trump has vowed to take on the so-called war on Christmas.
The Big Difference Between Trump and Obama's Holiday Cards? It's all about Christmas

Trump's card should read "yes you just grab them by the pussy and they let you". You weirdos talk about Lying Trump as if he's a normal human being. He isn't, he's a sexual predator who has just endorsed an accused pedophile in Roy Moore.

Republican values on display.

So if a woman DOESN"T object to being grabbed by her pussy, it is still wrong? Ever consider that the woman was OK with being grabbed by her pussy and that not all women
consider it an "assault"?

I think the PC shackles are just off so folks are finally where I'm at - basically, ain't my problem if you choose to be offended by a well meaning saying ~shrug~

Except are you really being "Well Meaning" when you say it, or is it, "I'm going to impose my religion on the rest of you!"
OR -- Maybe we are celebrating our holiday, asswipe.

lolololol

First of all,

"Seasons Greetings" came along as a reference to the CHRISTMAS season.

"Happy Holidays" is shorthand for "Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year" HOLIDAYS...get it?

Find something cry-worthy to cry about.

(Side Bar: NOTHING beats the last Halloween colloquialism received by my friend who shared this with me from last Halloween:

Last doorbell ring of the night, he had already turned off the lights - he opened to door with a bag of candy in his hand and at 6'1" found himself to be looking up at a dark figure. He immediately heard 'TRICK-'O-DAMN TREAT' . He just handed the 'kid' the bag and closed the door. :p LOL)

Forum List

Back