"Merry Christmas" Versus "Season Greetings"...

The ironic part is, they're so quick to leverage the Constitution - a document, they scream, is outdated and written by rich white slave rapists - to do it.
Yeah, Mac, I don't have space in your head.
You do definitely provide me with lots of easy material to prove my points. You're USMB's poster child of the Regressive Left.

Yet the only time we communicate is when you post to me first. I don't post to you first. There are a few other Regressives like that.

So... get me out of your head. Thanks.

You do definitely provide me with lots of easy material to prove my points. You're USMB's poster child of the Regressive Left.

Yet the only time we communicate is when you post to me first. I don't post to you first. There are a few other Regressives like that.

Naw, you just talk about me and then pretend you arent' talking about me...

Probably the most passive-aggressive thing a weak debatoer such as yourself can do.

Naw, you just talk about me and then pretend you arent' talking about me...

Probably the most passive-aggressive thing a weak debatoer such as yourself can do.

What? Mac is being passive aggressive? No way!

Is it a big deal?
Yeah it's a big deal...

Neither one of the pricks bothered to wish anybody "Happy Hanukah!"

When the Jews finally come to rule the world this sleight will surely not be forgotten. :p

P.S. Merry hyper-consumerism holiday and Happy irrelevant calendar artifact.

What I don't understand is how out of 16 words and especially when you typed "sleight" the little red dotted line under "sleight" advising your misspelling you press the "enter" key?
The correct spelling is "slight"!

sleight
the use of dexterity or cunning, especially so as to deceive. "except by sleight of logic, the two positions cannot be harmonized"

Isn't the Internet a wonder? Simple a few seconds to check and errors and ignorance disappear.

and aren't your really beating the war drum against Christmas here? It's your right to do so, but it seems that everyone on the left is claiming there is no war on Christmas and your post suggests otherwise.

Actually, I'm a conscientious objector on the War Against Christmas.

There is no "War on Christmas". There is a recognition that the state shouldn't impose it's view on religion on the rest of us.

Is it a big deal?
Yeah it's a big deal...

When the Jews finally come to rule the world this sleight will surely not be forgotten. :p

What I don't understand is how out of 16 words and especially when you typed "sleight" the little red dotted line under "sleight" advising your misspelling you press the "enter" key?
Probably because sleight isn't misspelled.

Isn't the Internet a wonder? Simple a few seconds to check and errors and ignorance disappear.

Yes the internet is a wonder! too bad it can't teach self appointed English Professors the difference between a homophone error and a misspelling.

:popcorn:

Why do people seem to care what greeting someone else uses? Calm down. I say Merry Christmas, but I am not going to clutch my pearls if someone wishes me a Happy Holidays or Season Greetings.

Is it a big deal?

The Big Difference Between Trump and Obama's Holiday Cards? It's all about Christmas

View attachment 164262
The new cards, signed by Barron, Melania and President Trump read
"Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year."

There are obvious comparisons between the Obama's official Christmas cards and the Trumps' first Christmas card.

The last eight years of official White House Christmas cards all neglected to mention Christmas, President Obama opting instead for all-inclusive terms such as "Seasons Greetings."

"You go to stores, you don't see the word Christmas. It says 'happy holidays' all over," Donald Trump proclaimed in the past.

Now President Trump has vowed to take on the so-called war on Christmas.
The Big Difference Between Trump and Obama's Holiday Cards? It's all about Christmas
You know that all Presidents had cards saying Happy Holidays, right?

Eighty-three percent of Americans identify themselves as Christians.
Most of the rest, 13 percent, have no religion.
That leaves just 4 percent as adherents of all non-Christian religions combined — Jews, Muslims, Buddhists and a smattering of individual mentions.
Poll: Most Americans Say They're Christian

MEDIA ADVISORY, Dec. 22 /Christian Newswire/ -- A Fox News poll reveals most Americans say "Merry Christmas." The poll taken December 9-10 shows 77% of Americans prefer "Merry Christmas" as opposed to saying something with less meaning.

The poll found that larger numbers of Republicans (87%) say "Merry Christmas", but Christmas numbers were lower with Democrats at 72%.
Most Americans Say 'Merry Christmas' - Christian Newswire

Just the facts

So what?

Hey, you know what, I'd be more impressed with Christians if they actually did the stuff Jesus said to do than how much they want to impose their silliness on the rest of us and commercialize their God-man's birth.

For starters, I am going to be held accountable by Jesus as to what he said. To date, I have yet to see where He says to give egregious amounts of my wealth to the State so that they can pay cronies, bureaucrats, and other overhead first before they distribute to the poor. Just because I question the State abs how they take care of the poor does not make me anti-Jesus; which, if you think about it, it’s even more ironic given that the same people accusing me of not doing what Jesus says are the same people fighting to keep Jesus out of the schools, town square, and courtroom.

Is it a big deal?

View attachment 164262

There are obvious comparisons between the Obama's official Christmas cards and the Trumps' first Christmas card.

The last eight years of official White House Christmas cards all neglected to mention Christmas, President Obama opting instead for all-inclusive terms such as "Seasons Greetings."

"You go to stores, you don't see the word Christmas. It says 'happy holidays' all over," Donald Trump proclaimed in the past.

Trump's card should read "yes you just grab them by the pussy and they let you". You weirdos talk about Lying Trump as if he's a normal human being. He isn't, he's a sexual predator who has just endorsed an accused pedophile in Roy Moore.

Republican values on display.

Actually, I'm a conscientious objector on the War Against Christmas.

There is no "War on Christmas"
so you are objecting that there is no war on Christmas?

There is a recognition that the state shouldn't impose it's view on religion on the rest of us.
what does that have to do with wishing someone a Merry Christmas?...your point is exactly the one many on the left is denying they are making.

Is it a big deal?
Yeah it's a big deal...

Probably because sleight isn't misspelled.

Yes the internet is a wonder! too bad it can't teach self appointed English Professors the difference between a homophone error and a misspelling.

:popcorn:

STILL AN ERROR of a very simple word! No excuse. And the word "Sleight" meaning is entirely different than "slight"!
Good thing you aren't in charge of sending bombing orders..."Hey Charlie... I said bomb the "plain" NOT the "plane"!!! Now THAT is a homophone error!

Is it a big deal?

View attachment 164262

Would you want someone sending you a card saying "Happy Hannukah?"
I suppose I could look at it as "good wishes" regardless of the celebration taking place, but would it be better to use a phrase that includes all instead of excluding so many?

Forum List

Back