META (Facebook) Banning Conservatives over their opinions.....

All this to stop people you don't like from having the ability to spread their opinion, all the mental gymnastics, the hypocrisy, the whataboutisms, nothing but fluff.
I'm not stopping you from doing anything little bitch. In fact I quite enjoy your servile opinions. I'm not even on Facebook myself. Or Instagram or Twitter or Tik Tok. All I have is whatapp for keeping in touch with family. There are plenty of places online where you can share you opinion with those who want to hear it, including here. What you don't have a right to is an audience. You have no right to force your opinion on people who don't want to hear it. But they should. Because they are hilarious. 😄

I'm not stopping you from doing anything little bitch. In fact I quite enjoy your servile opinions. I'm not even on Facebook myself. Or Instagram or Twitter or Tik Tok. All I have is whatapp for keeping in touch with family. There are plenty of places online where you can share you opinion with those who want to hear it, including here. What you don't have a right to is an audience. You have no right to force your opinion on people who don't want to hear it. But they should. Because they are hilarious. 😄

Again, many people get their news from these sites, and they are only censoring one side.

But it's the side you despise, so it's just fine.

Again, many people get their news from these sites, and they are only censoring one side.

I'm just as worried about leftists' attempts to control social media with government. Be careful what you wish for.

Who gives a shit? Get it from somewhere else. You don't have a right to content. What kind of entitled shit is that? 😄
Why I'm fine with it is because I don't think the law and by extension the legal use of force is justified in forcing people to listen to you bitch and cry. That's not what the law is for you little entitled brat.

Who gives a shit? Get it from somewhere else. You don't have a right to content. What kind of entitled shit is that? 😄

Why I'm fine with it is because I don't think the law and by extension the legal use of force is justified in forcing people to listen to you bitch and cry. That's not what the law is for you little entitled brat.

No, you only think the situation is OK because your side is the one with the advantage. Please stop pretending to care about actual freedom of expression.

Internet sites lean left, radio airwaves lean right, neither needs a fairness doctrine. Both sides need to quit their whining.

No, you only think the situation is OK because your side is the one with the advantage. Please stop pretending to care about actual freedom of expression.
We're not talking about freedom of expression dumbass, we're talking about freedom of association. And no, I would not give a shit if Twitter or Facebook started banning liberals, I'm not on either or those. I don't even complain when this site temp bans me. Go ask a mod if I've ever complained. In fact I usually shit on them more in private chats for being snowflakes. 😄

They already control it.

Not legally. That's the irony. You want it codified into law. You want government officially in charge of social media.

If there's evidence that the government is bullying these companies into doing its bidding, let's prosecute. I'll be right there with you, demanding justice. But let's not throw away fundamental rights just because Twitter was mean to Trump.

We're not talking about freedom of expression dumbass, we're talking about freedom of association. And no, I would not give a shit if Twitter or Facebook started banning liberals, I'm not on either or those. I don't even complain when this site temp bans me. Go ask a mod if I've ever complained. In fact I usually shit on them more in private chats for being snowflakes. 😄

We are talking about the current site of our countries political discourse favoring on side over the other.

Not legally. That's the irony. You want it codified into law. You want government officially in charge of social media.

If there's evidence that the government is bullying these companies into doing its bidding, let's prosecute. I'll be right there with you, demanding justice. But let's not throw away fundamental rights just because Twitter was mean to Trump.

I want them to hold up to their terms of service, where they claim they are "open platforms"

Either they are publishers or they are not.

We are talking about the current site of our countries political discourse favoring on side over the other.
When we're talking about whether Facebook should have a right to ban you that is a discussion about the freedom of association. If you want to talk about why your political ideology is such a fucking loser, well just take a look at the mutants and deplorables that populate your political landscape.

When we're talking about whether Facebook should have a right to ban you that is a discussion about the freedom of association. If you want to talk about why your political ideology is such a fucking loser, well just take a look at the mutants and deplorables that populate your political landscape.

They don't claim to associate with any of the statements made by others on their platform, the content is your content, not theirs, thus they avoid liability.

They don't claim to associate with any of the statements made by others on their platform, the content is your content, not theirs, thus they avoid liability.
The law shielding them from liability has nothing to do with whether or not they even want to host your speech. Those are two separate issues.

I want them to hold up to their terms of service, where they claim they are "open platforms"
From what you've been saying here, you want more. You want them forced to host conservative content. You've been very clear about that. The terms of service thing (or the "publishers" thing, or the "public square" thing) is just like all the other "reasons" cited. It's an excuse. One you'd be arguing against if the tables were turned. You're every bit as hypocritical as the leftists on this matter.

Seriously, take a step back and think about how you'd react if the Democrats were going after Fox News - if they tried to reinstate the fairness doctrine and used it to force Fox to be nice to liberals. Would you be saying, "Well, they DO have point about the public square thing, and Fox IS violating the free speech of liberals ...", or would you be howling at the obvious power grab? Or, in case you're inclined to quibble about the various definitions involved (publisher, broadcaster, website, whatever ) let's say a conservative website was doing exactly the same kinds of things as FB and Twitter. Would you be complaining? Would you support efforts to crack down on them with government regulation?

Phone conversations are private communications, not public. They’re not comparable to social media.

Social media websites are specifically exempt from liability. They’re regulated different because they are different.
And that's a problem, as we can see.

The law shielding them from liability has nothing to do with whether or not they even want to host your speech. Those are two separate issues.

One in the same. If you don't claim the content as your own, it basically like carrying a phone call.

All this to stop people you don't like from having the ability to spread their opinion, all the mental gymnastics, the hypocrisy, the whataboutisms, nothing but fluff.

Nobody is stopping you from spreading your opinion, stop being such a snowflake.

You are on this very forum doing just that. There are 10,000 other places on the web you can do just that.

You can actually leave your house and go to the real public square and spread your opinion.

One in the same. If you don't claim the content as your own, it basically like carrying a phone call.

except for the fact nobody else hears the phone call and billions of people see postings on Social Media .

Forum List

Back