meteorite damages city in Russia

If it weren't for all that CO2 we've been pumping into the Russian atmosphere, that meteor would have burned up harmlessly

If it weren't for all that CO2 we've been pumping into the Russian atmosphere, that meteor would have burned up harmlessly

If only they had informed Obama. He could have gave a speech about it and the world would have been spared. The Ruskies already know how flexible he is now after winning a second term. They just need to see his magic powers up close and personal. Perhaps let him do a fly over of the damage. Let his merciful gaze soothe their heartaches.

"Vladimir Zhirinovsky, a nationalist leader noted for vehement statements, said "It's not meteors falling. It's the test of a new weapon by the Americans," the RIA Novosti news agency reported."

:lmao:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObU7awpJctQ"]WTF. CNN Anchor Blames Asteroid on Global Warming? Guest, Bill Nye - YouTube[/ame]

(Yeah I know it's an Asteroid but it WOULD have been a Meteorite if it weren't for Global Warming!)

obama could have made a frowny face and destroyed the whole thing.

Which is it? Did all the technology in the world just not see this coming, or did they see it coming and not say anything?

I love how the russkies said they shot it down with their missile defense system.....while traveling at eighteen miles a second.

They didn't shoot it down, just make it in smaller pieces which is what an anti missile system is supposed to do.

"Vladimir Zhirinovsky, a nationalist leader noted for vehement statements, said "It's not meteors falling. It's the test of a new weapon by the Americans," the RIA Novosti news agency reported."

:lmao:
Actually I imagine that poster Paulitician is stretching his "new thread" muscles now. :D

It is his duty to question what the lamestream media tells us!

I love how the russkies said they shot it down with their missile defense system.....while traveling at eighteen miles a second.

They didn't shoot it down, just make it in smaller pieces which is what an anti missile system is supposed to do.

I understand that. I just find it highly unlikely they would have been able to target and hit the thing in the time they had available. The missile wouldnt even be off the launcher by the time it hit. The thing had gone almost 200 miles in ten seconds.
And when you consider the US had some trouble shooting down scuds.....Which travel at mach 5 which is about one mile per second. I find it unlikely.

Kind of sounds like the N. Korean stealth jet. Fake.

Last edited:
We have a gigantic asteroid passing Earth at an altitude closer than our satellites and the "experts" never thought it would spawn a meteor shower. In fact it was a group of amateur astronomers who spotted the thing in the first place. The "scientists" can't even figure out what caused the gigantic explosion in Tonguska Russia in 1908. Lucky for us they always hit Russia. The Tonguska thing might have leveled New York City.

We have a gigantic asteroid passing Earth at an altitude closer than our satellites and the "experts" never thought it would spawn a meteor shower. In fact it was a group of amateur astronomers who spotted the thing in the first place. The "scientists" can't even figure out what caused the gigantic explosion in Tonguska Russia in 1908. Lucky for us they always hit Russia. The Tonguska thing might have leveled New York City.

Good God. Ol' Whitey spouting off on things that he knows nothing about. Who do you think it was that 'figured out' that the Tanguska Meteorite was a high altitude meteorite explosion?

Amateur astronomers are responsible for almost all the sighting of incoming comets. And we do not have a "gigantic" asteroid passing our way today. What we have is a small one that would make a crater about the size of the Barringer Crater were it to hit us. A large asteroid, 6 to 10 miles in diameter, makes a crater like that found on the Yucatan Peninsula.

No, meteorites do not have a preferance for Russia, that is just a coincidence that they have been hit twice in the space of 105 years.

Forum List

Back