Mexico Preparing for War Against Trump?

Who said anything about jailing US citizens. That would be pointless. Mexico just wants the US to protect their boarders without their help. There is no reason why Mexico should pay the US to do this. If the US attempts to extort money from them, Mexico may well make decisions that hurt both countries. Mexico is facing a downgrade of their bonds and they are essentially broke. If Nieto agreed to pay the US billions of dollars to protect their boarder, he would be impeached.

IMHO, here is what should happen. Trump should get Nieto to help the US from their side of boarder. It would be far less expensive than building a wall and it would preserve relations between valuable trading. partners.

Trump will get hanged by his own beast if he doesn't build the great wall of North America. He is a wall candidate.

bachmann.jpg

No, Michele Bachmann did not say there are no 'illegal Mexicans in China' thanks to the Great Wall

No, Michele Bachmann did not say there are no 'illegal Mexicans in China' thanks to the Great Wall

Who cares if it true? Trump supporters don't have a problem with excepting all his lies. :dance:

Who cares if it true?

Lying liberals rarely care about the truth.

It's a joke meme... I don't care if she said it or not. I was actually looking for a meme I saw before but couldn't find it, so I posted this one. I'm not going to even try to pass it off as true. I just don't care. It's funny.

Trump will get hanged by his own beast if he doesn't build the great wall of North America. He is a wall candidate.

bachmann.jpg

Who cares if it true? Trump supporters don't have a problem with excepting all his lies. :dance:

Who cares if it true?

It's a joke meme... I don't care if she said it or not. I was actually looking for a meme I saw before but couldn't find it, so I posted this one. I'm not going to even try to pass it off as true. I just don't care. It's funny.

The point is not Mexicans in China, the point is the wall and how married Trump is to it.

Who cares if it true?

The point is not Mexicans in China, the point is the wall and how married Trump is to it.

No, the joke was just that a wall isn't that big of a deal. We aren't talking about the walls of Jericho here. This wall isn't going to be 40-50 feet high. People are going to still have to be paid to patrol the wall just like they patrol the borders now. Then you have people that will just dig under the fence... or build ladders to climb over them. You really want to stop immigrants from crossing the borders? Hell, put out land mines! After a couple border hoppers see their buddies blow up into a red mist, they'll start thinking twice huh?

Who cares if it true?

First he's gotta grab that wall by the pussy. Then he may or may not marry it. We'll see.

GO TRUMP! GO TRUMP! :dance:

Who cares if it true?

No, the joke was just that a wall isn't that big of a deal.

Here is how Trump talks about this "not big deal"

"Well, 3,000 years ago, the Great Wall of China was built. We would like to have that wall. That wall, nobody gets through. That I can tell you. And that's 13,000 miles. right?" he said at a town hall in New Hampshire on Aug. 18. "I want it to be so beautiful because maybe someday they're going to call it the Trump Wall."

Trump is going to shut down the pipeline. Even if you don't want to commit to him being successful at it or not, the hard truth is that by all accounts shit is about to hit the fan for their lucrative cash cow.
I think you're going to find that most of that shit ends up in the face of his supporters. Trump has a long history of throwing his supporters to the dogs. Just ask his investors who he says didn't excise good judgement in investing in his ventures that he bankrupted or the students of Trump University. As president, Trump will not have the privacy of the Trump Organization to hide behind. Everything he does is going to be in the bright sunlight of public opinion.

Trump is going to shut down the pipeline. Even if you don't want to commit to him being successful at it or not, the hard truth is that by all accounts shit is about to hit the fan for their lucrative cash cow.
I think you're going to find that most of that shit ends up in the face of his supporters. Trump has a long history of throwing his supporters to the dogs. Just ask his investors who he says didn't excise good judgement in investing in his ventures that he bankrupted or the students of Trump University. As president, Trump will not have the privacy of the Trump Organization to hide behind. Everything he does is going to be in the bright sunlight of public opinion.

You know I don't like Trump, but your sad bitterness is just to funny.

Who cares if it true?

No, the joke was just that a wall isn't that big of a deal.

Here is how Trump talks about this "not big deal"

"Well, 3,000 years ago, the Great Wall of China was built. We would like to have that wall. That wall, nobody gets through. That I can tell you. And that's 13,000 miles. right?" he said at a town hall in New Hampshire on Aug. 18. "I want it to be so beautiful because maybe someday they're going to call it the Trump Wall."

Yeah I love that comparison given:

Construction Time of the the Ming Wall
badaling-greatwall.jpg
The Great Wall at Badaling
Over 2,000 years, many imperial dynasties and kingdoms built, rebuilt, and extended walls many times that subsequently eroded. The latest imperial construction was performed by the Ming Dynasty (1368–1644), and the length was then over 6,000 kilometers (3,700 miles). This is the wall often referred to when we talk about the Great Wall.

The Ming dynasty spent 200 years to build their wall.

How Long It Took to Build the Great Wall of China

Who cares if it true?

No, the joke was just that a wall isn't that big of a deal. We aren't talking about the walls of Jericho here. This wall isn't going to be 40-50 feet high. People are going to still have to be paid to patrol the wall just like they patrol the borders now. Then you have people that will just dig under the fence... or build ladders to climb over them. You really want to stop immigrants from crossing the borders? Hell, put out land mines! After a couple border hoppers see their buddies blow up into a red mist, they'll start thinking twice huh?
No, a 2,000 mile wall that runs through mountainous terrain, and deserts, that will breakup communities, farms, grazing land, destroy the habit of dozens of endangered species and cost 25 billion dollars is a big deal. If it becomes the linchpin that drives the two nations apart, the economic damage will be even greater to both countries.

If we do build this wall, people will look back on the Trump Wall as a colossal mistake for several reasons. Illegal immigration is in a down trend and has been for several years. The growing shortage of cheap Mexican labor will become a critical shortage both in Mexico and the US in less than 20 years. We may well be inviting the very people we are deporting today to come back and the call to "Tear Down that Wall" will once again be heard.

Who cares if it true?

No, a 2,000 mile wall that runs through mountainous terrain, and deserts, that will breakup communities, farms, grazing land, destroy the habit of dozens of endangered species and cost 25 billion dollars is a big deal. If it becomes the linchpin that drives the two nations apart, the economic damage will be even greater to both countries.

If we do build this wall, people will look back on the Trump Wall as a colossal mistake for several reasons. Illegal immigration is in a down trend and has been for several years. The growing shortage of cheap Mexican labor will become a critical shortage both in Mexico and the US in less than 20 years. We may well be inviting the very people we are deporting today to come back and the call to "Tear Down that Wall" will once again be heard.

Yeah, maybe I'm coming across wrong, but I don't support the wall.

After a 13% drop in the value of the Peso, precipitated by the Trump's election, Mexico has reiterated that they will not be paying for Trump's wall. The people were warned of very hard times are coming to Mexico.

A bill will be introduced today in the Mexican Senate to retaliate against anticipated moves against the Mexican people by Trump. This bill includes measures to: expropriate property owned by Americans in Mexico in proportion to the Trump planned blockage of up to 25 billion dollars in transfers from the US to Mexico. Expropriation can effect a million Americans living in Mexico as well business interest.

His bill also includes the automatic review of 75 treaties with the US if Trump backs out of NAFTA. These treaties contain language that provides for cooperation of the two countries at ports of entry, sharing of intelligence about criminal activity including terrorism threats, accepting deportees, and extradition. These treaties include land exchange at borders and areas of joint administration.

Attempting to calm fears, President Enrique Pena Nieto said on Twitter he was ready to work with Trump, calling the neighboring countries friends who "should continue to work together for the competitiveness and development of North America".
Now would not be the time to visit Mexico....and I feel for those people who have vacation/retirement homes down there.

And Ford and other manufacturers who have built shiny new multi-million and billion dollar plants?

Mexico is not stupid enough to steal US Corporation Mfg plants, not even over correcting remittences, which is what Trump means by them paying for it.

A nation has every right to address remittances. If Mexico seized our plants, no country would do business with them and the US would seize Mexican's assets in the US.

*Did not read entire thread.

I think perhaps there may be a hair to consider here. Mexican Drug Cartels are no doubt worried and may indeed push a war. The question is, are our border patrol agents properly prepared for them or has Obama disarmed them to the point of vulnerability?

Didn't the Republican House cut Border Patrol funding in 2014?

After a 13% drop in the value of the Peso, precipitated by the Trump's election, Mexico has reiterated that they will not be paying for Trump's wall. The people were warned of very hard times are coming to Mexico.

A bill will be introduced today in the Mexican Senate to retaliate against anticipated moves against the Mexican people by Trump. This bill includes measures to: expropriate property owned by Americans in Mexico in proportion to the Trump planned blockage of up to 25 billion dollars in transfers from the US to Mexico. Expropriation can effect a million Americans living in Mexico as well business interest.

His bill also includes the automatic review of 75 treaties with the US if Trump backs out of NAFTA. These treaties contain language that provides for cooperation of the two countries at ports of entry, sharing of intelligence about criminal activity including terrorism threats, accepting deportees, and extradition. These treaties include land exchange at borders and areas of joint administration.

Attempting to calm fears, President Enrique Pena Nieto said on Twitter he was ready to work with Trump, calling the neighboring countries friends who "should continue to work together for the competitiveness and development of North America".
This is how these Third World bigots work; they perceive a threat by a US President so they want to retaliate against AMERICAN CITIZENS.

The Mexican Presidente has no clue who he is dealing with if he thinks that will get to Trump, lol.

You mean like this: Introduced in House (06/25/2014) - H.R.4962 - 113th Congress (2013-2014): National Border and Homeland Security Act

CoSponsors

Rep. Schweikert, David [R-AZ-6]* 06/25/2014
Rep. Gosar, Paul A. [R-AZ-4]* 06/25/2014
Rep. Fincher, Stephen Lee [R-TN-8]* 06/25/2014
Rep. Stockman, Steve [R-TX-36]* 06/25/2014
Rep. LaMalfa, Doug [R-CA-1]* 06/25/2014
Rep. Crenshaw, Ander [R-FL-4]* 06/25/2014
Rep. Weber, Randy K. Sr. [R-TX-14]* 06/25/2014
Rep. Poe, Ted [R-TX-2]* 06/25/2014
Rep. Johnson, Sam [R-TX-3]* 06/25/2014
Rep. Neugebauer, Randy [R-TX-19]* 06/25/2014
Rep. McClintock, Tom [R-CA-4]* 06/25/2014
Rep. DeSantis, Ron [R-FL-6]* 06/25/2014
Rep. Posey, Bill [R-FL-8]* 06/25/2014
Rep. Yoho, Ted S. [R-FL-3]* 06/25/2014
Rep. Bachmann, Michele [R-MN-6]* 06/25/2014
Rep. Miller, Jeff [R-FL-1]* 06/25/2014
Rep. Cole, Tom [R-OK-4] 07/03/2014
Rep. Ross, Dennis A. [R-FL-15] 07/08/2014
Rep. Williams, Roger [R-TX-25] 07/09/2014
Rep. Marchant, Kenny [R-TX-24] 07/10/2014
Rep. Olson, Pete [R-TX-22] 07/23/2014
Rep. Rogers, Mike D. [R-AL-3] 11/19/2014

US Congress SB744 | 2013-2014 | 113th Congress

2014-12-10 Senate Committee on the Judiciary. Hearings held.
2013-06-27 Senate Senate ordered measure printed as passed.
2013-06-27 Senate Passed Senate with an amendment by Yea-Nay Vote. 68 - 32. Record Vote Number: 168. (text: CR S5357-5475)

Better - Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act of 2013 - Wikipedia

"A Heritage Foundation study found that the bill would result in a net cost of $6.3 trillion.[44] The study's methodology and findings were sharply criticized across the political spectrum.[45] Tim Kane, a scholar formerly with the Heritage Foundation, said that "[the] pileup of outlandish Heritage estimates presents a credibility hurdle."[46] A report by the bipartisan Congressional Budget Office found that, instead, the bill would save $175 billion over the next ten years.[47]"

"The House of Representatives has not acted on this Senate bill.[25] A statement of principles on immigration, released by Congressional Republicans on January 30, 2014, stated that “we will not go to a conference with the Senate’s immigration bill” and that “border security and interior enforcement must come first.”[26] In the absence of a “comprehensive fix” from Congress, U.S. President Barack Obama announced on November 20, 2014 executive actions to “make our immigration system more fair and more just.” These actions included a long-contemplated program[27] of "deferred action" which would allow an estimated 45% of unauthorized immigrants to legally stay and work in the United States.[28][29] These executive actions are being challenged by lawsuits filed by individual states.[30]"

(Sorry bout the chaos with editing - the ability to reply on this site is difficult - and I kept browsing away from this page... I'm tired heh)

Last edited:

Now would not be the time to visit Mexico....and I feel for those people who have vacation/retirement homes down there.

And Ford and other manufacturers who have built shiny new multi-million and billion dollar plants?

Mexico is not stupid enough to steal US Corporation Mfg plants, not even over correcting remittences, which is what Trump means by them paying for it.

A nation has every right to address remittances. If Mexico seized our plants, no country would do business with them and the US would seize Mexican's assets in the US.
They're not going to seize anything just like Trump is not going set aside NAFTA because it would create a financial crisis for both countries. It's the threat that's important because that creates uncertainly in business and financial market and that put's pressure on your opponent. Welcome to Trump's world of big deals. The stakes are big but so are risks.

They're not going to seize anything just like Trump is not going set aside NAFTA because it would create a financial crisis for both countries. It's the threat that's important because that creates uncertainly in business and financial market and that put's pressure on your opponent. Welcome to Trump's world of big deals. The stakes are big but so are risks.

Hahaha. You think Trump is *introducing* this strategy of manipulating business/financial markets for political advantage? The US has been doing this for a long time and FAILING. At least the Donald knows The Art of the Deal.

Hahaha. You think Trump is *introducing* this strategy of manipulating business/financial markets for political advantage? The US has been doing this for a long time and FAILING. At least the Donald knows The Art of the Deal.
I'm saying it would be foolish of Trump to create a financial crisis over this. He may be a racist, bully, and xenophobe but he is no fool. For the new president to send the DOW down a couple thousand points would certainly not help him. Neither republicans in congress nor Wall Street share his desire to dump NAFTA. The country could easlily drop into a recession and that is no way to start your presidency.

Forum List

Back