Mexico's President Says There's No Way He'll Pay For A Border Wall

Maybe you want their job of farm labor in the Imperial Valley. I drive through it last July to pick up a motorcycle in San Diego. It was 116 degrees fahrenheit.

LOL! 15 million mexicans are NOT picking tomatoes and lettuce.

I support a guest worker program for those shit jobs.

For every other jobs, I want to reserve it for Americans first.

...and yet, Correll, you are simply too dense to understand that American consumers end up paying for tariffs on Mexican imports and that taxing money that we wire for payment for Mexican products are simply added back to your bill when you buy those goods, which means that YOU pay for Trump's wall....

...and yet, Correll, you are simply too dense to understand that American consumers end up paying for tariffs on Mexican imports

We're already paying taxes for the education of kids of illegals, for medical care for illegals and their kids and to jail illegal criminals.

taxing money that we wire for payment for Mexican products are simply added back to your bill

The original idea was to tax the money the illegals are wiring abroad. No one mentioned payments for goods.

And how would you know the difference between money "wired abroad", and money "wired abroad for payment of goods"?

If DuPont sent a wire for $23 million, from their account at Citibank, that's probably buying goods.
If Jesus Lopez sent $1950, from Western Union, that's probably an illegal.

See post 180.

...and yet, Correll, you are simply too dense to understand that American consumers end up paying for tariffs on Mexican imports and that taxing money that we wire for payment for Mexican products are simply added back to your bill when you buy those goods, which means that YOU pay for Trump's wall....

...and yet, Correll, you are simply too dense to understand that American consumers end up paying for tariffs on Mexican imports

We're already paying taxes for the education of kids of illegals, for medical care for illegals and their kids and to jail illegal criminals.

taxing money that we wire for payment for Mexican products are simply added back to your bill

The original idea was to tax the money the illegals are wiring abroad. No one mentioned payments for goods.

And how would you know the difference between money "wired abroad", and money "wired abroad for payment of goods"?

Because some of it would be wired from Americans to Mexican companies in exchange for goods, and some would be wired from Mexicans here to Mexicans there for nothing.

This should not even be dignified with comment, but, i will go ahead and ask another stupid question. I live 30 miles from the border, south of Tucson, and bought something for my part time business from Mexico. I wired $525 to Garcia and Sons. Would I be taxed for that wire?

I'd tax the shit out of you.

Because some of it would be wired from Americans to Mexican companies in exchange for goods, and some would be wired from Mexicans here to Mexicans there for nothing.

This should not even be dignified with comment, but, i will go ahead and ask another stupid question. I live 30 miles from the border, south of Tucson, and bought something for my part time business from Mexico. I wired $525 to Garcia and Sons. Would I be taxed for that wire?

Then get yourself elected to the House of Representatives, because only they have the authority to tax. And you might want to tweet this news to Trump, too. he doesn't seem to know shit about how government works.

Then get yourself elected to the House of Representatives, because only they have the authority to tax. And you might want to tweet this news to Trump, too. he doesn't seem to know shit about how government works.

Neither did Obama........

Garcia and sons is a business that is selling you something? Do you get a receipt?

Is there any way that you can show that you bought something for your business?

YOur pretense that this cannot be done is nothing but silly dramatics.

Save your drama for your lib buddies who will pretend to believe it.

Take it out of foreign aid and tax remittances. Two walls could be built with that money alone.

Well, let's see.

Cost of wall: $10,000,000,000
Foreign aid: $ 400,000,000 (much of which is used to fight drug cartels trying to import drugs to the USA)

That seems to result in a shortfall of $9,600,000,000. So, what the hell are "tax remittances" and link where that comes to almost 10 billion dollars.

Foreign aid: $ 400,000,000 (much of which is used to fight drug cartels trying to import drugs to the USA)

We getting our money's worth yet?

So, what the hell are "tax remittances"

Illegals wire money home, hit that with a 30% tax. It'll add up quick.
I like it so far. How would you enforce it?
So the legal immigrant farm workers here breaking their backs for twelve, fourteen hours a day to pick our tomatoes need to pay for a wall every time they send money home to feed their wives and kids? You only going to tax the people who can't find their green card?
I wanted details, OL.
I have no problem taxing money going out of the country to benefit another economy.
Although I don't pretend to understand economics, and I agree your stance sounds reasonable in the abstract, I think Trump's plans about get that money through tariffs or taxes on businesses would be more fair than taking money away from the poorest people we've got here working legally. They work for such peanuts and their families at home are living in even more miserable shape. If we let them in to work, and they do a valuable job for us, and they are already being taxed on their income, I would hate to see them taxed again. I'm just a softee.

Well, let's see.

That seems to result in a shortfall of $9,600,000,000. So, what the hell are "tax remittances" and link where that comes to almost 10 billion dollars.

So the legal immigrant farm workers here breaking their backs for twelve, fourteen hours a day to pick our tomatoes need to pay for a wall every time they send money home to feed their wives and kids? You only going to tax the people who can't find their green card?
I wanted details, OL.
I have no problem taxing money going out of the country to benefit another economy.

Why bother to tax people sending money out of the country? The tax would just be added to the cost of what these people produce, that you buy. Pedro will demand $9 per hour to pick your grapes, instead of $6.Why don't you eliminate the middle man and just have the government tax you directly, instead? Either way, YOU would be paying for the wall. And, BTW, about 100 miles of the border is on an Indian reservation. They are a sovereign nation inside AZ, and their reservation is on both sides of the border. The O'Odham tribe only allows Border Patrol on their reservation at their invitation. They will not tolerate a wall through the middle of their reservation.
THAT could be interesting. Eminent domain on a reservation? How do they handle people entering over their borders, by the way?

Take it out of foreign aid and tax remittances. Two walls could be built with that money alone.

Well, let's see.

LOL!

15 Million people aren't here picking tomatoes.

Let's keep it real, ok?
OK. You've got a point. Doctors from India here practicing could afford a tax. Those highly skilled technology workers here on those H-something visas could afford it, presumably. Around here, the legal immigrants are farm workers, and those are the immigrants I've worked with in other states, so it is just where my mind automatically goes.

Why bother to tax people sending money out of the country? The tax would just be added to the cost of what these people produce, that you buy. Pedro will demand $9 per hour to pick your grapes, instead of $6.Why don't you eliminate the middle man and just have the government tax you directly, instead? Either way, YOU would be paying for the wall. And, BTW, about 100 miles of the border is on an Indian reservation. They are a sovereign nation inside AZ, and their reservation is on both sides of the border. The O'Odham tribe only allows Border Patrol on their reservation at their invitation. They will not tolerate a wall through the middle of their reservation.

Why bother to tax people sending money out of the country? The tax would just be added to the cost of what these people produce, that you buy. Pedro will demand $9 per hour to pick your grapes, instead of $6.

Those illegals have a lot of bargaining power?
Maybe they'll just go home?

Maybe you want their job of farm labor in the Imperial Valley. I drive through it last July to pick up a motorcycle in San Diego. It was 116 degrees fahrenheit.

OK. I would support a tax on people wiring money that don't have a drivers license (which requires proof of legal residency) or a green card.

I wanted details, OL.

THAT could be interesting. Eminent domain on a reservation? How do they handle people entering over their borders, by the way?

They are a sovereign nation. They have their own law enforcement. The Border Patrol is allowed in to the reservation only with the indian's permission.

56ddc714150000ad000b14fd.jpeg

Enrique Peña Nieto also compared Donald Trump to Hitler and Mussolini.

Mexico’s president finally has publicly spoken out against Republican front-runner Donald Trump, saying his government would not pay for the candidate's proposed border wall.

Enrique Peña Nieto largely has refrained from speaking out against Trump’s series of broadsides against Mexicans or his proposal to force Mexico to pay for a wall along the southern border of the U.S. But in an interview with Mexican daily Excelsior published Monday, Peña Nieto said Trump’s hostile posturing undermines Mexico's relationship with the U.S.

"There’s no scenario," Peña Nieto said, when asked if the Mexican government would ever pay for a border wall. "And I have to also say it discourages me. Of course I can’t find a way to find common ground with this position we’ve observed from this North American political actor."

When asked if he thought Trump’s comments amounted to insincere campaign rhetoric or honest policy plans, Peña Nieto said he considered Trump to be part of a long line of populist politicians who use harsh language and simplistic policies in order to harness public anger.

"In the end, these strident comments aim to offer simple, very simple solutions to problems that, of course, won’t be solved so easily," Peña Nieto said.

"That’s how Mussolini and Hitler got to power," he added. "They took advantage precisely of that context, perhaps, of a problem humanity was then experiencing, after an economic crisis."

In a separate interview with El Universal, also published Monday, Peña Nieto saidTrump’s comments "damaged the relationship with the United States."

More: Mexico's President Says There's No Way He'll Pay For A Border Wall

So, how will Trump try to explain/spin these words coming directly from Mexico's president?

Ya Think--LOL

One thing that has always fascinated me about a Trump supporter. Trump knows how important the Latino vote is to winning the White House, but his supporters don't. Trump blasted Republicans in 2012 for losing citing they lost because they were too mean spirited toward illegals. He's right. The last Republican President to win was G.W. Bush, he captured 44% of this block. Of course in 2012, the debate stage was full of immigration/deportation comments and Romney only captured 27% of this block and he lost.
2012 FLASHBACK: Donald Trump Said GOP Was Too ‘Mean-Spirited’ Towards Illegal Immigrants
Trump supported path to citizenship, said Romney was "mean-spirited" on immigration | RedState

This year it's expected that the GOP nominee will need 46% of the Latino block to win the White House, and Trump is polling at an historic NEGATIVE 80%. Even Republican Latino's stated months ago that they would not support a Trump nominee. This block represents 17% of the population, or 23 million voters.
GOP Win Will Need More Than 40 Percent Of Latino 2016 Vote, Says Study
Latino conservatives: If Donald Trump is the nominee, we will not work to elect him
Poll: 75% of Latinos Have Negative View of Donald Trump

So a question for TRUMP SUPPORTERS: What candidate goes into a race to win an election, and does the exact opposite of what he said went wrong with an election just 3-1/2 years prior? Is this candidate that is wanting to win, or rather a candidate that is trying to drive this election into someone's else's lap?

Clinton1web_2831249b.jpg

hmb-cst8527.jpg

Why bother to tax people sending money out of the country? The tax would just be added to the cost of what these people produce, that you buy. Pedro will demand $9 per hour to pick your grapes, instead of $6.

Those illegals have a lot of bargaining power?
Maybe they'll just go home?

OK. I would support a tax on people wiring money that don't have a drivers license (which requires proof of legal residency) or a green card.

Ok, so these people put their money in a bank, and mail a check to Mexico through the US mail.

But, that concept is WAY over the head of Trump and his supporters.

Ok, so these people put their money in a bank, and mail a check to Mexico through the US mail.

Illegals have fake ID good enough to open a bank account? LOL!
You try to open an account lately?

While yes we need more border security--Trump declared war on a neighbor to the south that we have had a good relationship with. There is no way to win an election with 23 million Latino voters in this country that were offended into Hillary Clinton's column. Not when the GOP needed 46% of this block.Trump knew these numbers he's just a plant to drive this election into Hillary Clinton's lap. It's too late to do anything about it now.

ColeJ20150821_low.jpg

Last edited:

Todd, why do you persist in posting about things that you know nothing about?

How to open a bank account:

1. Go to a cemetery, and find a grave stone of someone in your town who is deceased and was born about the same time as you.
2. Go to the government bureau of vital statistics, and give them the name and birth date on the grave stone. Tell them that you lost your birth certificate. Ask for a duplicate.
3. Go to the SS office with your birth certificate. Tell them that someone stole your wallet. Present your new birth certificate, and ask for a duplicate SS card.
4. Go to the DMV. Tell them that you lost your driver's license. Show them your birth certificate, and your SS card. As for a replacement license, OR simply take the test again, maybe in another state.
5. Go to a bank. Deposit $100 and show them your birth certificate, ss card, and driver's license.

Bingo. You have a checking account. If you are an illegal alien, any employer will pay you in cash to avoid a paper trail that they are knowingly hiring illegal aliens. Pedro deposits his cash in his bank account, and sends a check to Juanita.

Skip to the chase.
1. trump is unelectable
2. trump could not deport 12 million illegal aliens without violating the constitution regarding unreasonable searches
3. There will be no wall.
4. If there were a wall, YOU would pay for it.
5. Illegals already are jumping walls and tunnelling under them
6. Half of the illegal aliens entered legally, and just didn't go home, and overstayed their visa, which no wall would stop.

And the person who is selling you this $10 billion hogwash is your choice for president.

Last edited:

Todd, why do you persist in posting about things that you know nothing about?

1. Go to a cemetery, and find a grave stone of someone in your town who is deceased and was born about the same time as you.
2. Go to the government bureau of vital statistics, and give them the name and birth date on the grave stone. Tell them that you lost your birth certificate. Ask for a duplicate.
3. Go to the SS office with your birth certificate. Tell them that someone stole your wallet. Present your new birth certificate, and ask for a duplicate SS card.
4. Go to the DMV. Tell them that you lost your driver's license. Show them your birth certificate, and your SS card. As for a replacement license, OR simply take the test again, maybe in another state.
5. Go to a bank. Deposit $100 and show them your birth certificate, ss card, and driver's license.

Bingo. You have a checking account. If you are an illegal alien, any employer will pay you in cash to avoid a paper trail that they are knowingly hiring illegal aliens. Pedro deposits his cash in his bank account, and sends a check to Juanita.

Skip to the chase.
1. trump is unelectable
2. trump could not deport 12 million illegal aliens without violating the constitution regarding unreasonable searches
3. There will be no wall.
4. If there were a wall, YOU would pay for it.
5. Illegals already are jumping walls and tunnelling under them
6. Half of the illegal aliens entered legally, and just didn't go home, and overstayed their visa, which no wall would stop.

And the person who is selling you this $10 billion hogwash is your choice for president.

You should do that. Let us know how it works out.

While yes we need more border security--Trump declared war on a neighbor to the south that we have had a good relationship with. There is no way to win an election with 23 million Latino voters in this country that were offended into Hillary Clinton's column. Not when the GOP needed 46% of this block.Trump knew these numbers he's just a plant to drive this election into Hillary Clinton's lap.

ColeJ20150821_low.jpg

There is no way to win an election with 23 million Latino voters in this country that were offended into Hillary Clinton's column.

Latino citizens aren't thrilled with illegals either.

Well, let's see.

I wanted details, OL.
Although I don't pretend to understand economics, and I agree your stance sounds reasonable in the abstract, I think Trump's plans about get that money through tariffs or taxes on businesses would be more fair than taking money away from the poorest people we've got here working legally. They work for such peanuts and their families at home are living in even more miserable shape. If we let them in to work, and they do a valuable job for us, and they are already being taxed on their income, I would hate to see them taxed again. I'm just a softee.

1. We don't let them in. They sneak in here against the law.

2. IN your quest for Fairness, you are being Unfair to Working Class and Middle Class Americans, who are being negatively impacted by illegal immigration.

Forum List

Back