Mia Love - Her 2nd Try...God Bless Her.

Listening

Gold Member
Aug 27, 2011
Republican star Mia Love gets second chance to make political history - Business Insider

Love, 39, is a Mormon mother of three who is upending stereotypes about the state and its predominant faith. She locked up her party's nomination to vie for an open seat in Utah's 4th District at a state convention last month with an overwhelming 78 percent of the vote.

The seat became available when Jim Matheson retired after seven terms in Congress as the heavily conservative state's lone Democrat in Washington. Two years ago, the politically savvy son of a beloved Utah governor beat Love by fewer than 800 votes.

If Love wins this time, she would become an unlikely champion in Washington of staunchly conservative views - limited government, fiscal discipline and state's rights. The daughter of Haitian immigrants is pro-life, pro-gun and holds a concealed weapons permit.

She also supports Utah's effort to reclaim public land from federal agency controls, a hot issue in the U.S. West among conservatives, and has said she would vote against regulations she believes would restrict economic development.

Read more: Republican star Mia Love gets second chance to make political history - Business Insider

I'll wait to hear the names people will call her for being so traditional and black.

I could care less if she was gay and muslim.

She's for what I want.......

Mia is going to win; that's why Matheson dropped out.

He will run against Herbert or Speaker Becky in 2016 for governor.

Republican star Mia Love gets second chance to make political history - Business Insider

Love, 39, is a Mormon mother of three who is upending stereotypes about the state and its predominant faith. She locked up her party's nomination to vie for an open seat in Utah's 4th District at a state convention last month with an overwhelming 78 percent of the vote.

The seat became available when Jim Matheson retired after seven terms in Congress as the heavily conservative state's lone Democrat in Washington. Two years ago, the politically savvy son of a beloved Utah governor beat Love by fewer than 800 votes.

If Love wins this time, she would become an unlikely champion in Washington of staunchly conservative views - limited government, fiscal discipline and state's rights. The daughter of Haitian immigrants is pro-life, pro-gun and holds a concealed weapons permit.

She also supports Utah's effort to reclaim public land from federal agency controls, a hot issue in the U.S. West among conservatives, and has said she would vote against regulations she believes would restrict economic development.

Read more: Republican star Mia Love gets second chance to make political history - Business Insider

I'll wait to hear the names people will call her for being so traditional and black.

As long as you have Rove in your midst you will never ever have a true slate.

You mean you won't have a wingnut slate. Karl's a funny guy-- he actually wants to win elections.

Nah. She's just an opportunistic nutcase.

Nah. She's just an opportunistic nutcase.

And who are you ?

Answer: Nothing.

Please back up your claim with some links or STFU.

The district is R+16 after redistricting in 2010...it's a miracle Matheson won it in 2012. Granted Matheson is a conservative Republican in all but name, the reason he isn't running is because he's either running for Senator or governor in 2016.

Mia Love almost had the nomination handed to her. I really don't think there is any "if" she wins.

Karl hates her.

Can supply a link ?

She's not like that idiot from MO.

She's very grounded, very good, very electable, and very conservative.

Listening and Nyvin are right. I have heard Mia speak, quite eloquently watched in close situations over the Jordan in Eagle Mountain and Saratoga Springs where I have associates, and a friend of mine at the Joseph Smith Building down town says the general authorities are completely behind her.

I don't think Matheson could have beat her this time; he pissed off too many in his party voting against ACA etc.

She should be a shoo in.

Matheson has a lot of appeal to a lot of Utahns in both parties. Be a toss up if he ran against Lee in 2016, and that if Lee is able to win the nomination with the new primary and caucus system that is opening the process. If Lee does not get it, then I think Matheson can beat anyone from the GOP. However, with the Speaker and the Governor here quietly beating each other up, Matheson may go for governor, just like his Dad did.

Last edited:

Token Tries Twice.

Token Tries Twice.

Bigot. You aren't happy unless your anti-family, anti-male, anti-capitlism lie wins. XXXX

Last edited by a moderator:

Token Tries Twice.

Bigot. You aren't happy unless your anti-family, anti-male, anti-capitlism lie wins. Fuck you, you piece of worthless shit.
Gee, I'm unconcerned.

Token Tries Twice.

And you've done what ?

Talk out your ass.

Token Tries Twice.

And you've done what ?
What I've done I'm not allowed to talk about, but you paid for it, and I was never anyone's token.

Forum List

Back