Michael Brown was 148 feet from Wilson as he was shot to death

We're talking about Wilson here dear, not you.

Do you know what adrenaline does to a body? If not, go away the adults are talking.
I'm an adrenaline junky.. got so much of it when I was younger that I learned the ability to turn it on anytime I want. Clench jaw half breath hold and .. here comes the adrenaline... Not as easy to turn off in a fight though.

Exactly, now imagine you'd already been in a fight, and got your ass kicked, AND that you've already shot this guy 4 fucking times and he's barreling down on you.

You and I both know that it would be nearly impossible for a highly trained marksman (which most cops aren't and certainly Wilson isn't) to ascertain that the threat was over after the 6th round hit him.
Hmm... so that's you stance and it's an interesting argument.

But let's sum up.

1) he's an excellent marksman or not
2) brown is moving forward or "barreling down..." at a run

I put it to you that if brown is "barreling down" then Wilson would have to be an excellent marksman to hit 4 shots in 1.7 seconds at a running target including two to the dome...

So either he's a great marksman, god was helping him shoot straight, or ... brown was barely starting to move forward one last time ...

If barely moving wilson had more time... if running wilson is one helluva shot.

Your "expert marksman" theory is only viable IF Wilson's last four rounds all hit where Wilson was aiming.

First of all, they didn't hit where he was aiming, because we KNOW that LEOs are trained to fire for center mass, not the top of the head, or an arm.

Second of all, I've seen no evidence to suggest that Wilson's last 4 rounds even hit Brown. For all we know he fired 7 rounds and 4 were of those were the last 4 hit that hit Brown. There were shell casings everywhere.

See more information needed. Not really clear what happened is it? There are a number of very "plausible" scenarios for the last shots. Either way does not matter the law is clear the cop unloads 12 bullets at an unarmed scary looking teen and goes skate free cause he was scared. Citizen does that.. and they go to jail, directly to jail..

Except we know that's not true, see George Zimmerman , among others.

And I think Zimmerman deserved to go jail MUCH more than WIlson did.

PS , the Grand Jury had that "much more information" that frankly you aren't entitled to.

Watch the video interview for Wilson. He quite literally admits to pre-mediated thought regarding the killing of Brown.

Wilson had plenty of time to consider his actions. The last two bullets were quite literally an execution. Legal execution, but execution nonetheless. The GJ was read an incorrect explanation regarding the law. The GJ was told that it is legal for a cop to execute a fleeing suspect.

If what you claim is the case, then the Feds might try coming in but I doubt it since you are absolutely wrong.
I'm right, but it's all legal like. The cops have the right to execute you if they are afraid for their lives.

No different than you Mike, if you fear for your life, you may kill your attacker. True or not true?
Define fear for my life. What brown did... no.. That kid was big but not scary. Now if brown had a gun, a knife, bat etc. and indicated he was gonna use it to kill me.. ok yeah I'll put one in ya. Then I'll see if that slowed ya down. Course I'll put the slug in a place that changes the game significantly. I doubt I'd ever need to fire 12 times on an unarmed teenage punk.

Mike, I'm not that big 6' 200 lbs . If I beat your ass the way the Brown beat Wilson's ass in the car and then back for more, you'd be scared.

If the situation were reversed, I'd be scared. Fear is natural. Fear is no reason to say someone shouldn't be a cop.
Beat? You talking about that red mark Wilson had on his cheek? cmon...
The gun went off the kid ran for the hills... Wilson got all brave like when the kid ran off and decides to chase this big scary guy with the intention to shoot him cause he was gonna be TOO EMBARRASSED to explain to his boss why his gun went off in the car. Face it the guy's a Barney Fife.

If what you claim is the case, then the Feds might try coming in but I doubt it since you are absolutely wrong.
I'm right, but it's all legal like. The cops have the right to execute you if they are afraid for their lives.

No different than you Mike, if you fear for your life, you may kill your attacker. True or not true?
Define fear for my life. What brown did... no.. That kid was big but not scary. Now if brown had a gun, a knife, bat etc. and indicated he was gonna use it to kill me.. ok yeah I'll put one in ya. Then I'll see if that slowed ya down. Course I'll put the slug in a place that changes the game significantly. I doubt I'd ever need to fire 12 times on an unarmed teenage punk.

Mike, I'm not that big 6' 200 lbs . If I beat your ass the way the Brown beat Wilson's ass in the car and then back for more, you'd be scared.

If the situation were reversed, I'd be scared. Fear is natural. Fear is no reason to say someone shouldn't be a cop.
The gun went off the kid ran for the hills... Wilson got all brave like when the kid ran off and decides to chase this big scary guy with the intention to shoot him cause he was gonna be TOO EMBARRASSED to explain to his boss why his gun went off in the car. Face it the guy's a Barney Fife.

He may be a Barney Fife, but he didn't do anything illegal, or against department policy.

Scratch that, he IS a Barney Fife, why you think I'd disagree with that when I have posted his MANY mistakes on here is beyond me.

I'm an adrenaline junky.. got so much of it when I was younger that I learned the ability to turn it on anytime I want. Clench jaw half breath hold and .. here comes the adrenaline... Not as easy to turn off in a fight though.

Exactly, now imagine you'd already been in a fight, and got your ass kicked, AND that you've already shot this guy 4 fucking times and he's barreling down on you.

You and I both know that it would be nearly impossible for a highly trained marksman (which most cops aren't and certainly Wilson isn't) to ascertain that the threat was over after the 6th round hit him.

But let's sum up.

I put it to you that if brown is "barreling down" then Wilson would have to be an excellent marksman to hit 4 shots in 1.7 seconds at a running target including two to the dome...

So either he's a great marksman, god was helping him shoot straight, or ... brown was barely starting to move forward one last time ...

Your "expert marksman" theory is only viable IF Wilson's last four rounds all hit where Wilson was aiming.

First of all, they didn't hit where he was aiming, because we KNOW that LEOs are trained to fire for center mass, not the top of the head, or an arm.

Second of all, I've seen no evidence to suggest that Wilson's last 4 rounds even hit Brown. For all we know he fired 7 rounds and 4 were of those were the last 4 hit that hit Brown. There were shell casings everywhere.

See more information needed. Not really clear what happened is it? There are a number of very "plausible" scenarios for the last shots. Either way does not matter the law is clear the cop unloads 12 bullets at an unarmed scary looking teen and goes skate free cause he was scared. Citizen does that.. and they go to jail, directly to jail..

PS , the Grand Jury had that "much more information" that frankly you aren't entitled to.
ok... true...

Odd then that self defense now means scared and/or too proud to let someone run off? No?

He may be a Barney Fife, but he didn't do anything illegal, or against department policy.

Scratch that, he IS a Barney Fife, why you think I'd disagree with that when I have posted his MANY mistakes on here is beyond me.
ok.. cool...

Then knowing he's a Fife... we both know that he should not be sent out solo with a fire arm. I wonder why these folks don't have partners in Ferguson. Seems like a glaringly bad idea to have what amounts to a traffic cop dealing with "apprehending" two suspects solo.

But let's sum up.

ok... true...

Odd then that self defense now means scared and/or too proud to let someone run off? No?

wrong again Mike

It had nothing to do with pride, that kid was doing his job. Our police are supposed to arrest bad guys, yes? Okay, yes. So his JOB was to get out there and aid in the arrest of Brown.

Did you even read his testimony? He clearly stated that his intent was simply to follow Brown so that he could direct backup to make an arrest. The kid pretty clearly knew he was no match for Brown.

Brown changed things when he turned around and charged Wilson.

Even after the fight in the car, Brown's probably still alive today if he had not turned around and charged Wilson.

I'm 100% serious, did you read the transcripts? I don't think you did, if you don't even know that detail. Oh you may have glanced at the evidence, but did you read it?

Wilson testified that he was going to follow Brown, that he thought backup would be on seen within 30 seconds or so (he didn't realize his shots fired call didn't go through)

ok.. cool...

Then knowing he's a Fife... we both know that he should not be sent out solo with a fire arm. I wonder why these folks don't have partners in Ferguson. Seems like a glaringly bad idea to have what amounts to a traffic cop dealing with "apprehending" two suspects solo.

That's what I said a week ago.

Wilson made tactical mistakes.

1. You park your vehicle 25 ' from the suspects and you WALK to them, you don't give them the advantage of freedom of movement while you're pinned in a vehicle.

2. You order them both to get on the ground a minimum of 10 ' away from each other with ankles cross and hands behind head

3. You call for back up and do not approach the suspects until that back up arrives

4. You do whatever it is you have to do if one of them gets up, or refuses to get down in the first place.

Sure I know. So should have Wilson since he fucking got paid to know.

Were you a trigger happy mp?

No, I never even drew my weapon. But, I'm not Wilson.
So you aren't a retard. Good to know.

So, only retards ever need pull their guns? That's just ignorant Ravi.

I'm a 9th dan in Akido dear, and even at that I guarantee you there are situations where I would use my gun. I can fight, and fight well, but that means knowing there is ALWAYS someone out there who can kick your ass.

Nowhere in a cop's job description does it say "can defend self unless deadly force is needed"

Now, as I've said before I wouldn't have had to have used deadly force to stop Brown, I would have destroyed his knee and then cuffed him to his walker he would need for the rest of his life. But that doesn't mean Wilson was capable of doing the same.
Blah, blah, blah. Wilson should not have ever been a cop.

I don't disagree with you, in fact Mike and I agreed on that what at least a week ago.

But "Wilson shouldn't have been a cop " doesn't equal "Wilson shouldn't have shot Brown"

I of course don't expect you to honest enogh to admit that.

PS - If every person who couldn't physically outfight a M Brown shouldn't be a cop, then you'd rarely see a female cop.

Seems kinda sexist to me.
Yeah. You do seem kind of sexist when you excuse Wilson's stupidity that way. It's got nothing to do with out~fighting.

No, I never even drew my weapon. But, I'm not Wilson.

I'm a 9th dan in Akido dear, and even at that I guarantee you there are situations where I would use my gun. I can fight, and fight well, but that means knowing there is ALWAYS someone out there who can kick your ass.

Nowhere in a cop's job description does it say "can defend self unless deadly force is needed"

Now, as I've said before I wouldn't have had to have used deadly force to stop Brown, I would have destroyed his knee and then cuffed him to his walker he would need for the rest of his life. But that doesn't mean Wilson was capable of doing the same.

I don't disagree with you, in fact Mike and I agreed on that what at least a week ago.

But "Wilson shouldn't have been a cop " doesn't equal "Wilson shouldn't have shot Brown"

PS - If every person who couldn't physically outfight a M Brown shouldn't be a cop, then you'd rarely see a female cop.

Yeah. You do seem kind of sexist when you excuse Wilson's stupidity that way. It's got nothing to do with out~fighting.

Dear, I really fear you have brain damage

But go ahead, explain to us in your own words what Wilson did specifically that you think is stupid.

But let's sum up.

ok... true...

wrong again Mike

It had nothing to do with pride, that kid was doing his job. Our police are supposed to arrest bad guys, yes? Okay, yes. So his JOB was to get out there and aid in the arrest of Brown.

Did you even read his testimony? He clearly stated that his intent was simply to follow Brown so that he could direct backup to make an arrest. The kid pretty clearly knew he was no match for Brown.

Even after the fight in the car, Brown's probably still alive today if he had not turned around and charged Wilson.

I'm 100% serious, did you read the transcripts? I don't think you did, if you don't even know that detail. Oh you may have glanced at the evidence, but did you read it?

Wilson testified that he was going to follow Brown, that he thought backup would be on seen within 30 seconds or so (he didn't realize his shots fired call didn't go through)
What makes you think I didn't read em?

So barney gets out of his car to give chase with NO BACKUP after he's already shot up his car. Then barney get's so insulted by the teen coming back at him that he decides he better kill him cause he can't possibly turn around and put a car between him and the suspect before his friends arrive. Dude a dog knows to run when the big dog comes at him. We're talking about a fat kid that had to hold his pants up with one hand. All he needed to do was deflate the situation .. get the kid to calm down. Keep distance between him and the kid while help arrives.

Instead Barney decides to "stand his ground" and kill brown.

But go ahead, explain to us in your own words what Wilson did specifically that you think is stupid.
Killed an unarmed man that was already collapsing from shots to his chest.

ok... true...

wrong again Mike

So barney gets out of his car to give chase with NO BACKUP after he's already shot up his car. Then barney get's so insulted by the teen coming back at him that he decides he better kill him cause he can't possibly turn around and put a car between him and the suspect before his friends arrive. Dude a dog knows to run when the big dog comes at him. We're talking about a fat kid that had to hold his pants up with one hand. All he needed to do was deflate the situation .. get the kid to calm down. Keep distance between him and the kid while help arrives.

You know what I say to that?

Tough shit

If that kid is too stupid to know not to charge a man who has a gun, tough shit.

Ayup, and Brown was still charging until that final round hit him
You mean the final four shots. Two to the chest two to the head.

I said he was still charging when the final round hit him, that automatically means he was still charging when the three before that one him him.

Was Wilson supposed to shit him just a few time and then if he kept charging say fuck it and let the guy either get a hold of him, or get away?
no not necessarily... I think it's important to mention it was four shots in rapid succession as he fell to the ground. The two to the chest where frontal. The two to the top of the head that occurred as he was falling down went into the top of his head. In translation... he was not charging on the last four shots he was going down on the first two of the last four shots. The last two were "overkill."

I am willing to concede that as a possibility , but what does that change?

And do you understand why a shooter might fire off four rounds in that situation when 2 would have done the job?
Poor training?

Stupidity?

still haven't watched that stephanopoulos interview..? :doubt:

Killed an unarmed man that was already collapsing from shots to his chest.

Dear, that's not stupid.

That's training. IF you fire, you fire until the threat is gone. Not until "okay that's enough"

And that is EXACTLY what wilson did. He fired until the kid stopped charging him, then the kid started charging again and Wilson resumed firing.

I said I never drew my weapon, I didn't say I've not been involved with investigating shootings.

Investigated a case once were a soldier killed his wife in their home. The wife also killed him.

Picture this.

Two average sized people, him dead of lead poisoning, her dead of strangulation.

Evidence proved that she shot him twice at 18' away, one in the stomach one in the leg. She hit again at around 10' away, this time in the chest.

She shot him again this time at point blank range right into the shoulder. He still got a hold of her and strangled her.

Bullets are not some magical device that stops an attacker.

ok... true...

wrong again Mike

Tough shit

If that kid is too stupid to know not to charge a man who has a gun, tough shit.
of course it's tough shit... and it's all legal like... and welcome to the next generation of domestic terrorists

ok... true...

wrong again Mike

Tough shit

of course it's tough shit... and it's all legal like... and welcome to the next generation of domestic terrorists

Sorry you feel a cop using whatever tools are necessary to protect himself equals domestic terrorism, but you are wrong.

ok... true...

wrong again Mike

Tough shit

Sorry you feel a cop using whatever tools are necessary to protect himself equals domestic terrorism, but you are wrong.

no... my point was guy's like Fife killing guys like brown... creates domestic terrorists... Fife's no terrorist but his actions, and our defense of them are creating more mike browns than the fife's can kill.

wrong again Mike

Tough shit

no... my point was guy's like Fife killing guys like brown... creates domestic terrorists... Fife's no terrorist but his actions, and our defense of them are creating more mike browns than the fife's can kill.

Hey , my preferred method is hiring guys like me and turning a blind eye when a few guys get the shit beat out of them.

That's how it was in the 60s and you didn't see people resisting arrest, especially over minor things, and you didn't see as many officer related shootings either.

What do you think happens though if I get hired as a LEO and I beat the shit out of the first 10 punks that I come across (other than pretty soon punks in my neighborhood get the message not to fuck with me?)

Words mean something.
The difference is just as Boss said. It's when a death sentence is carried out.

"Execution-style" killings that are conducted outside of the law involve the pre-meditated decision that someone needs to die, for whatever reason.

There's no pre-meditation in this case, and there certainly was no conviction or death sentence. It wasn't an execution. It was an idiot getting shot because he attacked a cop. The world is better off without this moron terrorizing people.
Watch the video interview for Wilson. He quite literally admits to pre-mediated thought regarding the killing of Brown.

Wilson had plenty of time to consider his actions. The last two bullets were quite literally an execution. Legal execution, but execution nonetheless. The GJ was read an incorrect explanation regarding the law. The GJ was told that it is legal for a cop to execute a fleeing suspect.

Why do you continue to jump the shark on contextual aspects of basic concepts? The term "premeditated" means that it was specifically planned and orchestrated, not that Wilson thought about his actions in the heat of the moment. The definition you've applied to "premeditated" would mean that any shooting that isn't accidental would be premeditated. Obviously, we are all smart enough to realize that cannot be the case.

There is nothing in any Missouri law or any other constitutional law about executing citizens. Obviously, you're not mature enough to discuss this topic with the understanding that grown ups understand what our laws say and you can't pretend our laws are allowing something they don't allow and can't allow under the constitution.

Tough shit

Hey , my preferred method is hiring guys like me and turning a blind eye when a few guys get the shit beat out of them.

That's how it was in the 60s and you didn't see people resisting arrest, especially over minor things, and you didn't see as many officer related shootings either.

What do you think happens though if I get hired as a LEO and I beat the shit out of the first 10 punks that I come across (other than pretty soon punks in my neighborhood get the message not to fuck with me?)
They might learn to shoot first. Or they'll move off to easier pickings. Not much honor among men these days.

Forum List

Back