Michael Phelps caught with a bong smoking pot

Pot stays illegal because big business stands to lose way too much from industrial hemp production.

It really is THAT SIMPLE.

DuPont ALONE has enough lobby influence to keep a lid on it. Petrochemicals would become extinct with hemp production, which means DuPont goes bankrupt. Not to mention the plethora of other companies that profit from petrochemicals like plastics companies. Rubbermaid is another.

It would also replace the cotton industry, as hemp can replace cotton completely.

It's got nothing to do with taxes, or health reasons. It's literally a roadblock established by big business, which has the collective means to own the legislators and keep pot illegal. Legislators have more to lose by legalizing it, then they have to gain in whatever tax revenues would be increased. As if legislators care how much revenue comes in anyway.

In that case, Obama should pass a law legalizing cannabis. Why? Simple......we've got to get off our dependence on oil. Plastic (made by DuPont) is made from oil.

Hemp and cannabis would solve a LOT of problems.

BTW Sunnidiot........next time you get a speeding ticket, I hope they take away your degree in shrinkology.

Pot stays illegal because big business stands to lose way too much from industrial hemp production.

DuPont ALONE has enough lobby influence to keep a lid on it. Petrochemicals would become extinct with hemp production, which means DuPont goes bankrupt. Not to mention the plethora of other companies that profit from petrochemicals like plastics companies. Rubbermaid is another.

It would also replace the cotton industry, as hemp can replace cotton completely.

It's got nothing to do with taxes, or health reasons. It's literally a roadblock established by big business, which has the collective means to own the legislators and keep pot illegal. Legislators have more to lose by legalizing it, then they have to gain in whatever tax revenues would be increased. As if legislators care how much revenue comes in anyway.

BTW Sunnidiot........next time you get a speeding ticket, I hope they take away your degree in shrinkology.
In my practice I have had to deal with alot of people who were struggling to free themselves from the addiction of marijuana.

And Yes, it is a gateway drug

And No, it is Not harmless

In my practice I have had to deal with alot of people who were struggling to free themselves from the addiction of marijuana.

Your practice? What, your practice of being a closed minded, bigoted idiot? Millions of people smoke pot and don't do any other drugs. And many do that instead of drinking to relax. Maybe you should do a few bong hits, it might ease up your closed up mind.

Also, answer why you have Anne Coulter in your avatar! I thought you didn't like her.

America's golden boy finally got caught not being so golden, but, rather, being green. What do you all think of the hype surrounding this situation?

Here's the story for those who don't know.

visit bettyconfidential . com for more info

Heh ... I thought the pics weren't even of him ...

My opinion of the guy just went up a tad ... I guess he's not a total square.

I think what he does to his own body is his own problem, he doesn't owe anyone an apology.

America's golden boy finally got caught not being so golden, but, rather, being green. What do you all think of the hype surrounding this situation?

Here's the story for those who don't know.

visit bettyconfidential . com for more info

you seem to have forgotten he was busted for drunk driving.....

Free themselves from the addiction of marijuana? Nope......try again quack......Harvard Medical and the British Medical Society will BOTH tell you that pot is not addictive. Additionally, a casual user is 25 joints or less per day. Heavy use is over 50. Not only that, but, it is IMPOSSIBLE to overdose on cannabis.

As far as the gateway drug myth? Might wanna try again.......MANY real doctors would show you that your degree ain't worth the parchment it's printed on.

And yes......it is harmless.....see above about the fact that you can't overdose, that it is tailor made for the human brain, as well as the fact that it is NOT ADDICTIVE. You're just buying into the bullshit that you've been sold by the government for the past 80 or so years.

Not only that, but the incidence of lung cancer in cigarette smokers is 21 times greater than non smokers. The incidence of lung cancer for cannabis only smokers? .93 to .73 percent.

That's less than non smokers dude.

Where did you get your diploma again? Crackerjack box?

Free themselves from the addiction of marijuana? Nope......try again quack......Harvard Medical and the British Medical Society will BOTH tell you that pot is not addictive. Additionally, a casual user is 25 joints or less per day. Heavy use is over 50. Not only that, but, it is IMPOSSIBLE to overdose on cannabis.

As far as the gateway drug myth? Might wanna try again.......MANY real doctors would show you that your degree ain't worth the parchment it's printed on.

And yes......it is harmless.....see above about the fact that you can't overdose, that it is tailor made for the human brain, as well as the fact that it is NOT ADDICTIVE. You're just buying into the bullshit that you've been sold by the government for the past 80 or so years.

Not only that, but the incidence of lung cancer in cigarette smokers is 21 times greater than non smokers. The incidence of lung cancer for cannabis only smokers? .93 to .73 percent.

That's less than non smokers dude.

Where did you get your diploma again? Crackerjack box?

I'm gonna call BS on that one there, ABS.

Harvard is the one that did the study.

Saw it on "Illegal drugs and how they got that way" on History channel when they did a special on cannabis.

Also referenced to in the movie "Grass" or "Weeds" (I forget which), that was narrated by Woody Harrelson.

Check it out at your local video store.

Harvard is the one that did the study.

Saw it on "Illegal drugs and how they got that way" on History channel when they did a special on cannabis.

Also referenced to in the movie "Grass" or "Weeds" (I forget which), that was narrated by Woody Harrelson.

Check it out at your local video store.

I saw the History channel special I think but I haven't seen the film you mentioned yet ... I'll check it out.

I think you might have your numbers mixed up. 25 joints a day is a SHITLOAD of weed to be smoking.

Although marijuana is not physically addictive.

It is mentally addictive and has ruined many lives.

So many people who smoke it lose all ambition and sense of purpose.

I have delt with alot of people who struggle with trying to quit smoking marijuana.

As it has become a crutch on which they depend on to function in society

I have delt with alot of people who struggle with trying to quit smoking marijuana.

Or you're just really crappy at what you do.

why is a man of god hanging out with a bunch of potheads.....

And the same could be said of a number of other of things in society that are perfectly legal.

And the same could be said of a number of other of things in society that are perfectly legal.
I agree, they should also be made illegal and criminal.

like islam..

Like food?

Here's some good advice. If you're a world renowned celebrity, don't use drugs while the people you're with are coincidentally breaking out their cell phones as though they aren't taking your fucking picture while you're giving head to the bong.

That is solid advice Paulie.

I wonder how much money the dude who took the pic got paid by News of the World?

What would be more interesting to know, is if the person was his supposed "friend". I didn't actually read the whole article, so I'm not sure if it already clarified that.

I doubt if thats applicable at all. Hell, he probably showed up at a party with his gf, saw the bong and a crowd of college kids in wonderment of his achievement and grabbed the bong for a nice, ice breaking bong hit. Id bet that he never even knew the person who took the pic.

Forum List

Back