Michelle O's tyrannical lunch program dumped by NY Schools

OOOH that mean old Michelle Obama she changed the rules so that kid's who's parents are too lazy to make their lunch had to go from eating stuff that isn't very good to eat AND is bad for you to stuff that isn't very good to eat, but is much healthier for you.

What a bitch!!

What was broken before she showed up.............hmmmm They already had health requirements for schools in place that were FINE AND DANDY and the kids actually ate it instead of throwing it in the garbage.

If it isn't broken don't fix it.

Finally, PE is the answer.....Exercise..............To burn off the calories, and again kids burn more calories unless they aren't active at all.

Seems the cure misses the main point of the problem. Again, how do we pay for that 10 BILLION A YEAR....

our school has mandatory PE, yours doesn't?

Before my last kid graduated in was optional in high school.

at our school if you aren't in sports you have to have one semester per year.

This is, in fact, not the doing of Michelle Obama. This is the doing of every single U.S. Senator, Democrat and Republican, because all of them voted in favor of S3307, or the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010. Mitch McConnell voted for this. Rand Paul voted for this. Ted Cruz voted for this. All of those horrible Wrongpublican bigots in the Senate you conservatards worship approved this, in a fleeting moment of sanity.

And in the House: http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2010/roll603.xml

Look at the Wrongpublicans who voted in favor of it. They include Walter B. Jones, who represents numerous military bases across North Carolina. The USMC's largest base falls within his Congressional district, and of course, thousands upon thousands of his loyal voting constituents are military veterans. Despite this, Jones voted for the "No Bake Sales for Veterans Act".

Magneto could use the irony here to slaughter millions.

He he he ha ha ha.........

You posted the vote and then state they all voted for it............LOL

17 Republicans jumped ship on it........It was a party line vote..............

Your funny.

Re-read my post. I stated that Senate Wrongpublicans all voted for it, because they did. The Senate vote was unanimous. The House vote was more divided, and my post reflected that.

Selective reading just isn't working out for you. You might try paying attention next time.

Ah shut up you tool. Maybe your right and maybe I'll look at it. There is a reason the Congress is called the people's house. Maybe one day you'll figure that out and maybe one day you'll understand the concept of Freedom.

It is ok to suggest and incourage, it is wrong to force or the OR ELSE YOU'LL GO HUNGRY APPROACH.

Freedom is even the right to be stupid or fat if that is what that individual wants whether you like it or not.........It's ok to say, man your spare tire is growing dude, maybe you should lay off the 40 burgers diet for your own good. It is then is right to tell me to mind my own business and Shut up because that is his decision and his or her's right.

Kids going to school by guidlines have to have a healthy diet because it is required for the overall equation, but not to the point of the food being trashed which is a waste of taxpayers dollars.

You must be mentally beyond all hope for your response to being pointed out as having misread a previous post to be "shut up you tool" and a meandering diatribe consisting of fat-shaming, syxysm, and encroachment on pyrsynyl lybyrtyys.

Kids going to school by guidlines have to have a healthy diet because it is required for the overall equation, but not to the point of the food being trashed which is a waste of taxpayers dollars.

This line is particularly telling. You whine about "muh freedumbz, hurrrr" only to and call for mandatory dietary requirements for chyldryn and blast them for making a choice on how much of their food to eat. You're no libertardian, you're a misguided lybyryl trying to be hip and cool by associating yourself with an obscure third party.

Come back home to the Democratic Party, fellow lybyryl. You'll find us as tolerant and accepting as ever.

OOOH that mean old Michelle Obama she changed the rules so that kid's who's parents are too lazy to make their lunch had to go from eating stuff that isn't very good to eat AND is bad for you to stuff that isn't very good to eat, but is much healthier for you.

What a bitch!!

What was broken before she showed up.............hmmmm They already had health requirements for schools in place that were FINE AND DANDY and the kids actually ate it instead of throwing it in the garbage.

If it isn't broken don't fix it.

Finally, PE is the answer.....Exercise..............To burn off the calories, and again kids burn more calories unless they aren't active at all.

Seems the cure misses the main point of the problem. Again, how do we pay for that 10 BILLION A YEAR....

our school has mandatory PE, yours doesn't?

Before my last kid graduated in was optional in high school.

at our school if you aren't in sports you have to have one semester per year.

Wasn't the same here...........more encouragement towards vocational studies..........They could take all the PE's in their first two years and not have to take PE anymore. When I grew up we had to take PE, but were allowed to take the last period in varsity sports because of sports after school.

Why should we conservatives worry about waste of taxpayer dollars - after all, it's just allowing the liberals to do wot comes naturally. To restrain them would be to violate their friggin' precious civil rights!

Quoted for truth. It is our ryght to spend your money as we see fit, conservatards. That's how America works, and how freedom works. Get used to it.

This is, in fact, not the doing of Michelle Obama. This is the doing of every single U.S. Senator, Democrat and Republican, because all of them voted in favor of S3307, or the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010. Mitch McConnell voted for this. Rand Paul voted for this. Ted Cruz voted for this. All of those horrible Wrongpublican bigots in the Senate you conservatards worship approved this, in a fleeting moment of sanity.

And in the House: http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2010/roll603.xml

Look at the Wrongpublicans who voted in favor of it. They include Walter B. Jones, who represents numerous military bases across North Carolina. The USMC's largest base falls within his Congressional district, and of course, thousands upon thousands of his loyal voting constituents are military veterans. Despite this, Jones voted for the "No Bake Sales for Veterans Act".

Magneto could use the irony here to slaughter millions.

He he he ha ha ha.........

You posted the vote and then state they all voted for it............LOL

17 Republicans jumped ship on it........It was a party line vote..............

Your funny.

Re-read my post. I stated that Senate Wrongpublicans all voted for it, because they did. The Senate vote was unanimous. The House vote was more divided, and my post reflected that.

Selective reading just isn't working out for you. You might try paying attention next time.

Ah shut up you tool. Maybe your right and maybe I'll look at it. There is a reason the Congress is called the people's house. Maybe one day you'll figure that out and maybe one day you'll understand the concept of Freedom.

It is ok to suggest and incourage, it is wrong to force or the OR ELSE YOU'LL GO HUNGRY APPROACH.

Freedom is even the right to be stupid or fat if that is what that individual wants whether you like it or not.........It's ok to say, man your spare tire is growing dude, maybe you should lay off the 40 burgers diet for your own good. It is then is right to tell me to mind my own business and Shut up because that is his decision and his or her's right.

You must be mentally beyond all hope for your response to being pointed out as having misread a previous post to be "shut up you tool" and a meandering diatribe consisting of fat-shaming, syxysm, and encroachment on pyrsynyl lybyrtyys.

This line is particularly telling. You whine about "muh freedumbz, hurrrr" only to and call for mandatory dietary requirements for chyldryn and blast them for making a choice on how much of their food to eat. You're no libertardian, you're a misguided lybyryl trying to be hip and cool by associating yourself with an obscure third party.

Come back home to the Democratic Party, fellow lybyryl. You'll find us as tolerant and accepting as ever.

When hell freezes over, and I've never been of your party ever............I look at issues for what they are, and speak my mind and don't give a damn who likes or doesn't like it. I see this one as wrong, because I think the Fed is already too big for it's britches...............We can't afford this and need cuts not more spending.

I get into arguments with both sides of the equation. I argue based on the subject. The Banking system happens to be one of the areas I go against both sides here lately because I know what they have done to this country.

Hip and cool. I could care less. PC is BS.

New York schools drop Michelle O 8217 s lunch program - EAGnews.org powered by Education Action Group Foundation Inc.

Just more schools to dump the overreaching governmental gulag of lunch protocol. The government has NO BUSINESS what so ever in forcing kids to eat what they demand. NONE. If some kids wants to down 5 hot dogs and his mom says fine, fuck the government.. None of your damn business.. If he's overweight, that's between his parents and himself.. The Constitution does not provide for the government to force people to eat what they decide is right.

for the last time NO CHILD HAS EVER BEEN FORCED TO EAT ANYTHING

do you work in a school?
If not you might want to rethink that. I did and left because of her poking her nose in our lunch rooms. they are FORCING children to take food they don't want. Only thing they aren't doing is forcing it down their throats

Some moronic schools are going overboard, NO DOUBT. But the official policy on food says NOTHING ABOUT HOMEMADE lunches, it doesn't it's nowhere in the guidelines.

or does it say to force kids to eat anything.It merely refers to what to OFFER them.

Read it yourself.
There are school districts that individually have decided home made lunches are prohibited.
This is in direct reaction to fears of violating federal lunch guidelines.

Why should we conservatives worry about waste of taxpayer dollars - after all, it's just allowing the liberals to do wot comes naturally. To restrain them would be to violate their friggin' precious civil rights!

Quoted for truth. It is our ryght to spend your money as we see fit, conservatards. That's how America works, and how freedom works. Get used to it.

You swing a two edged sword. It cuts both ways.........Laws by a temp majority can be struck down at a later date.

That how the Republic works............

UNREAL School Bake Sale for WWII Vets Cancelled Because of Michelle s Lunch Rules

When hell freezes over, and I've never been of your party ever............I look at issues for what they are, and speak my mind and don't give a damn who likes or doesn't like it. I see this one as wrong, because I think the Fed is already too big for it's britches...............We can't afford this and need cuts not more spending.

I get into arguments with both sides of the equation. I argue based on the subject. The Banking system happens to be one of the areas I go against both sides here lately because I know what they have done to this country.

Hip and cool. I could care less. PC is BS.

Lovin the new line, " Hip and cool, PC IS BS."

New York schools drop Michelle O 8217 s lunch program - EAGnews.org powered by Education Action Group Foundation Inc.

Just more schools to dump the overreaching governmental gulag of lunch protocol. The government has NO BUSINESS what so ever in forcing kids to eat what they demand. NONE. If some kids wants to down 5 hot dogs and his mom says fine, fuck the government.. None of your damn business.. If he's overweight, that's between his parents and himself.. The Constitution does not provide for the government to force people to eat what they decide is right.

do you work in a school?
If not you might want to rethink that. I did and left because of her poking her nose in our lunch rooms. they are FORCING children to take food they don't want. Only thing they aren't doing is forcing it down their throats

Some moronic schools are going overboard, NO DOUBT. But the official policy on food says NOTHING ABOUT HOMEMADE lunches, it doesn't it's nowhere in the guidelines.

or does it say to force kids to eat anything.It merely refers to what to OFFER them.

Read it yourself.
There are school districts that individually have decided home made lunches are prohibited.

Those fears are unfounded and stupid, and frankly anyone who can't read the guidelines and see that NOTHING is to be done about homemade lunches belongs nowhere near children except perhaps as a janitor.

Michelle Obama has champoined child obesity from the beginning of her role as First Lady. It seems I remember her promoting this particular program. If a public school employee checks a lunch on behalf of the program, they function as a de facto federal official. So did this happen? Is that the reason NY dropped the program? Seems like if the answers are both yes, there is no real argument left.

NO ONE is checking lunches on behalf of the program.

Here's an analogy.

Let's say you are hiding something illegal in your closet and your girlfriend gets mad at you and takes it and gives it to the cops telling them where she found

That is NOT her acting as an agent of the police because they didn't ask her to look for illegal things.

If on the other hand , a police officer asked her to look through your shit for anything illegal, that is an ILLEGAL search becuase she is acting as an agent of the police.

The program here has NOT asked anyone to search home packed lunches. How much of a simpleton are some of you morons?

No if the program mandates a search or inspection as it were to the sack lunch, then they are acting as an agent of the government. I said if, not it is fact moron. If you insist on insults as a means of communication, then I have no need to debate a loser with an IQ well onto 100 points less than my own. On the other hand, if you choose to apply sources and reason, we can continue, your call.

do you work in a school?

Read it yourself.

Those fears are unfounded and stupid, and frankly anyone who can't read the guidelines and see that NOTHING is to be done about homemade lunches belongs nowhere near children except perhaps as a janitor.

You can't see it can you...........Can you..............The schools have to meet participation rates or they don't receive the payments from the Gov't. If too many don't each the lunches, then they don't get squat. So many schools are taking the approach to stop the kids from being brown baggers because they don't want to miss out on the money.

It doesn't appear to be in the law, but there are cases where they obviously are misinterpreting the law or outright are violating it.

Either way, it's another example of a poorly written law.

lmao Eagle.. Heart you.. It's funny but sadly it's true.. KIDS having 850 calories all day long is ABUSIVE.

I agree. But the video said that they were getting 850 calories for lunch.

850 calories for one meal is hardly abusive.
Not their decision nor yours. I decide how much and what my child eats.. Not some dingbat First Lady who plants a garden for her servants to tend.
Quite right.
The government should return your right to send your kids to school with a packed lunch immediately!

If we had freedom of choice like you LIBERAL HYOCRITES champion on slaughtering kids, in where to send our kids to school, there would be competition and the public school system wouldn't be such a wretched failure.
I'm supporting you.
You SHOULD have the right to send your kids to school with lunch made at home.

I'm supportive of throwing the Dems out of office and changing this expensive waste of Tax payers dollars.........

As a tax payer, I consider this law a waste of money............If we are going to pay this kind of money then I want to see some REAL DANG FOOD ON THE PLATE..........not rabbit food..........

I believe in a healthy diet, but the kids aren't going to eat it because its bland. They are throwing the stuff in the trash.............And to pay for it, they are raising the prices on all other kids for that wimpy meal.

Yeah, my kids are out of school......but they'd be brown bagging lunches for sure as I'd never participate in the BS.

THis whole arument is so stupid.

when I was in school the food tasted like shit. I graduated in 1989. Was there some magical improvement where school food tasted good until MO came along? Fuck no.

Just a dumb argument to be made.

Your probably a damned yankee as I graduated before that date and most of the Food tasted pretty good. Perhaps they might have taken a lesson in Southern Cooking.

But, lets ignore that. You say your food tasted like shit, so lets make sure todays kids get bland food that tastes like ajdkfjafjj as well. That's kinda suffer kids, because I had to. Pretty stupid actually.

Again, how are we going to pay for it and why are you ok with the other kids having to pay more for less..........
Fried butter stick....no thank you.

lmao Eagle.. Heart you.. It's funny but sadly it's true.. KIDS having 850 calories all day long is ABUSIVE.

I agree. But the video said that they were getting 850 calories for lunch.

850 calories for one meal is hardly abusive.
Not their decision nor yours. I decide how much and what my child eats.. Not some dingbat First Lady who plants a garden for her servants to tend.
Quite right.
The government should return your right to send your kids to school with a packed lunch immediately!

If we had freedom of choice like you LIBERAL HYOCRITES champion on slaughtering kids, in where to send our kids to school, there would be competition and the public school system wouldn't be such a wretched failure.
I'm supporting you.
You SHOULD have the right to send your kids to school with lunch made at home.

I'm supportive of throwing the Dems out of office and changing this expensive waste of Tax payers dollars.........

As a tax payer, I consider this law a waste of money............If we are going to pay this kind of money then I want to see some REAL DANG FOOD ON THE PLATE..........not rabbit food..........

I believe in a healthy diet, but the kids aren't going to eat it because its bland. They are throwing the stuff in the trash.............And to pay for it, they are raising the prices on all other kids for that wimpy meal.

Yeah, my kids are out of school......but they'd be brown bagging lunches for sure as I'd never participate in the BS.

THis whole arument is so stupid.

when I was in school the food tasted like shit. I graduated in 1989. Was there some magical improvement where school food tasted good until MO came along? Fuck no.

Just a dumb argument to be made.

Your probably a damned yankee as I graduated before that date and most of the Food tasted pretty good. Perhaps they might have taken a lesson in Southern Cooking.

But, lets ignore that. You say your food tasted like shit, so lets make sure todays kids get bland food that tastes like ajdkfjafjj as well. That's kinda suffer kids, because I had to. Pretty stupid actually.

Again, how are we going to pay for it and why are you ok with the other kids having to pay more for less..........
Fried butter stick....no thank you.

LOL

do you work in a school?

Read it yourself.

You can't see it can you...........Can you..............The schools have to meet participation rates or they don't receive the payments from the Gov't. If too many don't each the lunches, then they don't get squat. So many schools are taking the approach to stop the kids from being brown baggers because they don't want to miss out on the money.

It doesn't appear to be in the law, but there are cases where they obviously are misinterpreting the law or outright are violating it.

Why don't the parents on the school boards do something to reign the school policies in then?

do you work in a school?

Read it yourself.

Why don't the parents on the school boards do something to reign the school policies in then?

Don't know. My kids are out of school. I know I would if this were going on when my kids were in school I'd have raised hell.

Forum List

Back