Michelle Wants Kids to Monitor Family for Racism

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Media silent as Michelle Obama tells students to monitor families for racism - National Policy & Issues | Examiner.com

It almost sounds like something straight out of George Orwell's "1984." While speaking to high school graduates in Topeka, Kansas, First Lady Michelle Obama said students should monitor family members, friends and co-workers for racially insensitive remarks and correct them as needed, The Blaze reported Monday. Aside from The Blaze and various conservative blogs, no mainstream media outlet reported the comments as of this writing.

Obama also referenced this in remarks published on the White House website, The Blaze added.

“[O]ur laws may no longer separate us based on our skin color, but nothing in the Constitution says we have to eat together in the lunchroom, or live together in the same neighborhoods,” the first lady said. “There’s no court case against believing in stereotypes or thinking that certain kinds of hateful jokes or comments are funny.”

She asked students to “drag my generation and your grandparents’ generation along with you” in the fight against racism.

“Maybe that starts simply in your own family, when grandpa tells that off-colored joke at Thanksgiving, or you’ve got an aunt [that] talks about ‘those people,’” she added. “Well, you can politely inform them that they’re talking about your friends."

Radio talk show host Glenn Beck noted Obama's comments and sarcastically wondered if segregation was making a comeback under the radar.

"Michelle Obama gave a speech where… they’re worried about segregation again, and I don’t think that that was something that any of us worried about six years ago,” he said. “Was anybody on the, ‘Hey, we might all be segregated again?’ I don’t know. It’s strange how their policies to bring us all together is just driving a stake in our heart and a wedge between all of us.”

Obama is promoting what amounts to block monitors within the family, a favorite tactic of Stalinists and PC Nazis of the past century.

Now you see why parents didn't want her to come and speak

I wouldn't let my children near that woman or her husband

horrible people and horrible parents as they are NEVER home with their own children..

LOL. I know what would have happened to me if I'd told my parents/grandparents that something they said, believed, etc.... was wrong and tried to "correct" them. About the same thing that would happen to any potential future child of mine who did it to me..... A very warm butt, a very sore cheek/mouth, and probably being grounded for about Eternity, if not a little longer.

Media silent as Michelle Obama tells students to monitor families for racism - National Policy & Issues | Examiner.com

It almost sounds like something straight out of George Orwell's "1984." While speaking to high school graduates in Topeka, Kansas, First Lady Michelle Obama said students should monitor family members, friends and co-workers for racially insensitive remarks and correct them as needed, The Blaze reported Monday. Aside from The Blaze and various conservative blogs, no mainstream media outlet reported the comments as of this writing.

Obama also referenced this in remarks published on the White House website, The Blaze added.

“[O]ur laws may no longer separate us based on our skin color, but nothing in the Constitution says we have to eat together in the lunchroom, or live together in the same neighborhoods,” the first lady said. “There’s no court case against believing in stereotypes or thinking that certain kinds of hateful jokes or comments are funny.”

She asked students to “drag my generation and your grandparents’ generation along with you” in the fight against racism.

“Maybe that starts simply in your own family, when grandpa tells that off-colored joke at Thanksgiving, or you’ve got an aunt [that] talks about ‘those people,’” she added. “Well, you can politely inform them that they’re talking about your friends."

Radio talk show host Glenn Beck noted Obama's comments and sarcastically wondered if segregation was making a comeback under the radar.

"Michelle Obama gave a speech where… they’re worried about segregation again, and I don’t think that that was something that any of us worried about six years ago,” he said. “Was anybody on the, ‘Hey, we might all be segregated again?’ I don’t know. It’s strange how their policies to bring us all together is just driving a stake in our heart and a wedge between all of us.”

Obama is promoting what amounts to block monitors within the family, a favorite tactic of Stalinists and PC Nazis of the past century.

The first thing I thought when I read this was Hitler Youth.

Please source your claim the Nazi's were asking the children to report - what was it they were to report. Were you there? And if you read the piece, the First Lady asked that they challenge not report, kinda like the people here are challenging each other all the time. Another dumb distraction from the right wing clown car.

And if you read the piece, the First Lady asked that they challenge not report, kinda like the people here are challenging each other all the time.

Challenging is even worse than reporting so far as I'm concerned. Any child of mine ever challenged me that way, they'd be in for a WORLD of HURT.

I don't like to bring in the children of a politician

but I feel sorry for the Obama's children

they are being fed this constant hate of how they are being brought down because of their skin color

It's just ugly by ugly people who happen to be in power over us

Please source your claim the Nazi's were asking the children to report - what was it they were to report. Were you there? And if you read the piece, the First Lady asked that they challenge not report, kinda like the people here are challenging each other all the time. Another dumb distraction from the right wing clown car.

Michelle is merely walking in the footsteps of her Progressive forefathers: Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot. Michelle is looking to make a country filled with New American Men: they drink hot cocoa and report any signs of racism or anti-government thoughts to their local Party leader

Michelle is merely walking in the footsteps of her Progressive forefathers: Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot. Michelle is looking to make a country filled with New American Men: they drink hot cocoa and report any signs of racism or anti-government thoughts to their local Party leader

shaddup

she said something obvious and you all freak

do you even LIVE your own lives, or just vicariously through the obamas mistakes?

Last edited:

do you even LIVE your own lives, or just vicariously through the obamas mistakes?

She said something that any traditional family is OBVIOUSLY going to take significant offense to. Where I come from, children do not attempt to "correct" or "teach" their parents ANYTHING. That's a one way trip to a very unpleasant (and quite painful) place for the child.

She said something that any traditional family is OBVIOUSLY going to take significant offense to. Where I come from, children do not attempt to "correct" or "teach" their parents ANYTHING. That's a one way trip to a very unpleasant (and quite painful) place for the child.

"Traditional" families punish kids by beating them?

You can save that tradition, thanks.

"Traditional" families are like that dimwad this week who's email was exposed to be calling Obama a ******, and if he's challenged by a kid who is smarter than he is the kid gets his ass kicked?

You can save that tradition, thanks.

Sounds pretty Nazi to me to have a household where you cannot and will not learn sometimes from your kids. Hah, disgusting.

This was a good point made my Michelle. If you're a kid and one of your own flesh and blood is still in their hateful racism, like that Bundy scumbag or that scummer recently caught with the emails.........or the dozen or so dipsticks here who use racism daily in their hate Obama diatribes...........then you probably have much more of an ability to infect change into said DYING/HATEful ideas.

Of course, it's offensive to any racist when someone black tells people to fight racism.

In the real world, these comments are not in the least bit controversial.

It isn't the Job of the First Lady to tell other peoples children what to think or do within the family. It certainly isn't her job to tell children to "challenge" and/or embarass Grandpa if he says something like" that's like the pot calling the kettle black". Indoctination was a key component of the Hitler Youth.

Doctrine

The HJ were viewed as future "Aryan supermen" and were indoctrinated into racism. One aim was to instill the motivation that would enable HJ members, as soldiers, to fight faithfully for the Third Reich. The HJ put more emphasis on physical and military training than on academic study.[4] The Nationalsozialistischer Reichsbund für Leibesübungen (NSRBL), the umbrella organization promoting and coordinating sport activities in Germany during the Nazi era, had the responsibility of overseeing the physical fitness development programs provided to the German youth.[5]

The Hitler Youth were used to break up Church youth movements, and in anti-Church indoctrination,[6] used to spy on religious classes and Bible studies,[7] and interfere with church attendance.[8]
After the boy scout movement was banned through German-controlled countries, the HJ appropriated many of its activities, though changed in content and intention. For example, many HJ activities closely resembled military training, with weapons training, assault course circuits and basic tactics. Some cruelty by the older boys toward the younger ones was tolerated and even encouraged, since it was believed this would weed out the unfit and harden the rest.[9]

The HJ wore uniforms very like those of the SA, with similar ranks and insignia.

Hitler Youth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
"Traditional" families punish kids by beating them? You can save that tradition, thanks.

Traditional families employ corporal punishment as a means to ensure that children and wives learn the lesson the first time rather than having to repeat it on multiple occasions.

"Traditional" families are like that dimwad this week who's email was exposed to be calling Obama a ******, and if he's challenged by a kid who is smarter than he is the kid gets his ass kicked? You can save that tradition, thanks.

Children are PROPERTY until the point where they are capable of supporting themselves. Until that point in time they do not have opinions or views of their own.

And if you read the piece, the First Lady asked that they challenge not report, kinda like the people here are challenging each other all the time.

Challenging is even worse than reporting so far as I'm concerned. Any child of mine ever challenged me that way, they'd be in for a WORLD of HURT.

Challenging and correcting are far more expedient and productive than reporting.

When you report someone's supposed racism ... Then you hobble the effectiveness in correction through unnecessary litigation or process in determining fault.
The administration would also have to take personal responsibility for how they handle ... Or fail to handle any such reporting.

It is a lot easier to incite a bunch of mush-headed children to become misguided race vigilanties.
That way there no need to establish any kind of responsible response measured on actual fact of fault.

Forum List

Back