Midterm history sets bar high for a “wave”

The Dems are going to lose the House and Senate. The only thing in question right now is by how many seats. There are people predicting the GOP might have 54 seats by the end of the night.
Uhhh, Democrats will likely hold the Senate!

They, may lose the House...

It all is a matter of whether the young vote, shows up on Tuesday! They usually do not vote via absentee..... So there is some hope left for democrats in the house! (I said SOME, not a lot of hope, but some hope)

:D

It all is a matter of whether the young vote, shows up on Tuesday! They usually do not vote via absentee..... So there is some hope left for democrats in the house! (I said SOME, not a lot of hope, but some hope)

With Republicans blocking student loan relief by the GOP it may not bode well for the GOP.

Uhhh, Democrats will likely hold the Senate! They, may lose the House...
The House will be GOP.

The Senate hinges on several close races. I'm not seeing how voters vote for the democrats with the mess Biden made. Its a "throw the bums out" election.
PA (Oz/Fetterman), Fetterman is not capable of doing the job. Dems should have nominated Connor Lamb.
NH (Bolduc/Hassan) The general is on the march (+R)
WA (Murray/Smiley) The mom in tennis shoes gets bounced (+R)
GA (Hershel/Warnock) Hershel rides governor Kemp's wave (+R)
AZ (Masters/Kelly) the open border sinks Kelly (+R)
NC (Burr/Beasley) no drama win for Burr
NV (Masto/Laxalt) Hispanics win for Laxalt (+R)

Will Manchin switch to the GOP after Biden's shutdown of coal plants threat? Best case for GOP is +6, 56 - 44.

LOL....That's exactly what Van Jones was going on about this morning, you two go together like peas-n-carrots. I really enjoyed the comic relief....Twice. :laughing0301:

The House will be GOP.

The Senate hinges on several close races. I'm not seeing how voters vote for the democrats with the mess Biden made. Its a "throw the bums out" election.
PA (Oz/Fetterman), Fetterman is not capable of doing the job. Dems should have nominated Connor Lamb.
NH (Bolduc/Hassan) The general is on the march (+R)
WA (Murray/Smiley) The mom in tennis shoes gets bounced (+R)
GA (Hershel/Warnock) Hershel rides governor Kemp's wave (+R)
AZ (Masters/Kelly) the open border sinks Kelly (+R)
NC (Burr/Beasley) no drama win for Burr
NV (Masto/Laxalt) Hispanics win for Laxalt (+R)

Will Manchin switch to the GOP after Biden's shutdown of coal plants threat? Best case for GOP is +6, 56 - 44.
Dream on!

Herschel, the abortion pusher, child abandoner, liar, and know nothing, is splitting the R ticket in Georgia!

PA Oz, well Oz is an elite Jersey man! He's out of touch with middle class Pennsylvanians.

NH will be close, but will be Blue Senator! :)

Arizona will likely fall Blue, with Kelly too! :D (hey, that rhymes)

Manchin won't switch....he would have a year or two or three, ago!

Hide and watch! It's gonna be a nail biter in the Senate!
While I suspect the Senate is lost to the dems I really don't care all that much about the Senate....The House is where the money is. The Senate can't put forth a spending Bill, they must start in the House.

That and the Senate staying in dem hands would most definitely lead to The Turtle being ousted given his defunding actions towards hopefuls he thinks he can't control. Even with a Senate loss we win. ;)

Couchpotato Can't handle the facts of historical data.

Maybe. But they are SUPPOSED to in this election. The Senate is currently 50/50. D's have 36 seats not on the ballot. R's 29. So the D's start with a 7 seat advantage based just on that. Of those 14 seats the D's have 8 that are solid in their column. Senators like Schumer who basically run unopposed in their state. The R's 10. That puts us at 44-39. The D's only have to really defend 6 seats. So if they lose the Senate with this type of advantage it's a bigger deal than if they lose it in 24 where they are defending far more seats than the Republicans. (they will have to defend 21 to the R's 10 in 24).

At a minimum,

Vance beats Ryan in Ohio. He's currently leading and DeWine has a 20 point lead which can only help his cause.
Walker is likely drug across the finish line by Kemp who's leading by 10 I think.
Oz is going to beat Fetterman. I know everyone on the left thinks this isn't going to happen, but it just is. Fetterman killed his campaign at the debate. He was just awful. The D's should have pulled him once the stroke happened and they would have cruised to a victory here but they didnt.
Those races alone put the R's ahead by 2.

NH , Nev (Laxalt is leading by 6), are in play for the R's and they werent supposed to be.

Lake is killing Hobbs in Az and she might be able to drag Masters to a win.

The D's might lose the NY Governor's race. NEW FUCKING YORK! There have only been 2 R Gov's in NY in my lifetime.

They might also lose Michigan. They should Whitmer is terrible.

The irritating thing is many black guys in the hood would ph uk the shit out ow Whitmer and leave her on the side of the road if not killing her. So instead, men will kill men again for nothing.

Just for perspective for you hammerheads so you don’t move the goalposts.

“In the 22 midterm elections from 1934 -2018, the President's party has averaged a loss of 28 House seats and four Senate seats. The president’s party has gained seats in both houses only twice.”

That’s how high the bar is just to be an average election. In order to be a wave we’ll need to see something bigger than average.

The Senate is too close to call. The House was always gonna bounce back after 19 new gerrymandered seats were spun this election cycle in the spring.

The democrats have higher expectations after the Pubs nominated 2 historically bad candidates putting the Senate in play. We’ll see how they end up but know where the goalposts are located.

Thats the beauty of record keeping. We can compare this upcoming blowout with previous presidential transitions. We will know next week whether you are right or wrong.

Dream on!
Herschel, the abortion pusher, child abandoner, liar, and know nothing, is splitting the R ticket in Georgia!
PA Oz, well Oz is an elite Jersey man! He's out of touch with middle class Pennsylvanians.
NH will be close, but will be Blue Senator! :)
Arizona will likely fall Blue, with Kelly too! :D (hey, that rhymes)
Manchin won't switch....he would have a year or two or three, ago!
Hershel/Warnock will probably need a runoff 12/6, the dems will spend $billions to win, the MSM will be hyper-active against Hershel
Oz is a real doctor, a genius, more qualified, more well spoken, the dems and Fetterman are peddling snake oil.
NH, we'll see.
AZ, we'll see
How many times will Manchin let the dems shit on him? They reneged on his pipeline deal, and now Biden said he's closing coal powerplants. Enough.

the young? what numbers are you looking at? I go listen to youtube and you would be surprised how many youngens will be voting straight republican. My 18 year old grandson voting for his first time told me that he and his friends all will be voting republicans. demfoks fked up schooling, pissed off seniors are ready to tell the demofks how they feel. too fking funny.

Just for perspective for you hammerheads so you don’t move the goalposts.
“In the 22 midterm elections from 1934 -2018, the President's party has averaged a loss of 28 House seats and four Senate seats. The president’s party has gained seats in both houses only twice.”
Just to be clear:
This means you agree there was no blue wave in 2018, and 2006 just barely qualifies.
1994 and 2010? -Definite- red waves.

Like a good useful idiot, you are desperately trying to diminish the Democrat's impending loss in the 2022 election; none of this will change the fact they lost.

Last edited:
Just to be clear:
This means you agree there was no blue wave in 2018, and 2006 just barely qualifies.

Like a good useful idiot, you are desperately trying to diminish the Democrat's impending loss in the 2022 election; none of this will change the fact they lost.
he's offended by the word wave.

Just to be clear:

Republican lost 41 seats in the house. 41 > 28. There is no definition of wave but I’d say you could argue that 30+ is a wave.

A senate wave would be 4 seats and Dems didn’t do that. They had a tough map though.

Forum List

Back