Midterm history sets bar high for a “wave”

Just for perspective for you hammerheads so you don’t move the goalposts.

“In the 22 midterm elections from 1934 -2018, the President's party has averaged a loss of 28 House seats and four Senate seats. The president’s party has gained seats in both houses only twice.”

That’s how high the bar is just to be an average election. In order to be a wave we’ll need to see something bigger than average.

The Senate is too close to call. The House was always gonna bounce back after 19 new gerrymandered seats were spun this election cycle in the spring.

The democrats have higher expectations after the Pubs nominated 2 historically bad candidates putting the Senate in play. We’ll see how they end up but know where the goalposts are located.

I don't pretend to know--I actually have no gut feeling--how the vote will go. I do know that Biden et al have told us we likely won't know the outcome for days on many elections, and however the vote goes, that does not generate confidence in the process. The losing side will seriously wonder.

I still want a specific federal law that in federal elections, poll watchers from all parties represented to be able to be close by and present through the entire process and that the counting continues non stop until all the votes are counted and the results announced. I want drop boxes eliminated. And I want mailed ballots signed and notarized and compared to the voter registration. Then we might have confidence that our elections are honest and secure again.

1667846603265.png

Uh-huh.
Do you have any polls that show anything different?
Note that RCP doesn't have any polls - it records and averages polls.
There is a nation-wide poll today coming out over the next 48 hours in most cases. Let’s use that one.

:lol:
So... no.
You have no actual reason to doubt the RCP averages, other than they sing a song you don't want to hear.

GOP up in AZ WI PA NV GA. That's 53 seats.
Par for this site. This will be a close election with turnout being the driver. Turnout models are just guessing at this point. I wouldnt be surprised with a small Dem victory or a moderate republican victory. Youre just talking crap with 53 seats for GOP. That would be a very remote possibility. Possible? Sure. But so is 52 Dems seats. Both are just unlikely.

Par for this site. This will be a close election with turnout being the driver. Turnout models are just guessing at this point.
What were they doing way back when you started talking about a blue wave?
Why did you believe them then, but not now?
Youre just talking crap with 53 seats for GOP. That would be a very remote possibility. Possible? Sure. But so is 52 Dems seats. Both are just unlikely.
Looks to me liken the most likely outcome is 51-52 GOP seats

1667924082214.png

Looks to me like the most likely outcome is 225-240 GOP house seats.

1667924146884.png

What were they doing way back when you started talking about a blue wave?
Why did you believe them then, but not now?

Looks to me liken the most likely outcome is 51-52 GOP seats

View attachment 722604
Looks to me like the most likely outcome is 225-240 GOP house seats.

View attachment 722605
There is not doubt the polls have shifted to less of a "disaster" for Republicans and are now pointing to "slightly underperforming". I started that thread to make fun of the "red wave" claims. That still holds up. Id be surprised with a massive pub victory that they claimed. I will be disappointed as I had more hope in the American electorate to resist the urge to reward hate and criminal activity with a normal election result. The republican party's message is always one of divisiveness that plays well to their base. We will see.

Watch out for the crocodiles.

1994 Clinton approval: 44% GOP +54/+9
2010 Obama approval: 45% GOP +63/+6
2022 Biden approval: 40% Blue wave!!!!!!
Then it should be an easy victory. I look forward to debating the results. As pointed out by the post after yours there will be millions of more votes for Democrats.

Forum List

Back