Mike Huckabee Threatens To Leave The GOP Over Gay Marriage

Republicans show why they are being bypassed by a society they no longer understand

Gay marriage is here, It is an accepted practice with most Americans. Even most Republican voters. In spite of gloom and doom predictions from the Huckabees of the country, we have not collapsed into a den of sin

Continued blocking of gay marriage stamps republicans as mean, stubborn and out of touch

I think it is fantastic. I know a fellow who wants to marry his sister. That should be next on the agenda.
And there should not be a law against marrying 2, 3 or more women. The only requirement is that you love each of them.

Sticking to principles is not meritorious (Hitler, Tojo, Robert E. Lee, bigrebnc, etc.) if the principles are not meritorious.

true, do you consider the Bible meritorious or not? How about the Torah? the Koran?

Hitler did not have principles. He was a lunatic determined to wipe out a religion. Very similar to ISIS.

Tojo was waging war as directed by his emperor. His principles did not matter.

Lee had principles. Because you may disagree with some of them does not denigrate him as a person.

I don't care if Huckleberry goes or stays, either way it will have no impact on november 2014 or 2016.

Republicans show why they are being bypassed by a society they no longer understand

Gay marriage is here, It is an accepted practice with most Americans. Even most Republican voters. In spite of gloom and doom predictions from the Huckabees of the country, we have not collapsed into a den of sin

Continued blocking of gay marriage stamps republicans as mean, stubborn and out of touch

I think it is fantastic. I know a fellow who wants to marry his sister. That should be next on the agenda.
And there should not be a law against marrying 2, 3 or more women. The only requirement is that you love each of them.

you are joking, but that is the next logical step. The ACLU is gearing up for bigamy and polygamy cases. After all, why should these people be discriminated against?

So what do the USMB Republicans think about Huckabee's latest threat?

RWW News Mike Huckabee Threatens To Leave The GOP Over Gay Marriage - YouTube

Big loss or good riddance?
Good riddance. Forcing my religious beliefs on my fellow citizens is not what the federal government is supposed to be doing.

how about forcing you to believe as the government dictates relative to any social issue? you say you don't want the govt forcing beliefs, but you are ok with them forcing gay marriage on those who believer it is wrong.

I think the word is hypocrisy.

Sticking to principles is not meritorious (Hitler, Tojo, Robert E. Lee, bigrebnc, etc.) if the principles are not meritorious.

Deep.

:thup:

right-------deep bullshit
You sound upset somehow.

yeah, stupidity upsets me.

Indeed. Very upset.

easy to get over it, just turn off my computer. :biggrin:

If the Huckster follows through on his threat it won't be good for him, nor the Republican Party.

I really hope he does though, we need to expose the religious right for radicals they are.

It will be good for Christianity too, a good cleansing is in order.

I agree. First we need to kill all the Catholics. You tell me who is next.

The problem w/Republicans is they believe that the country is a Christian nation, when in fact it's a country that was found by MOSTLY Christians.

The Bible makes a CLEAR demarcation of God's Law and man's law (aka the government), yet the far RW religious radicals always mix the twain together.

#SMHGOP

If the Huckster follows through on his threat it won't be good for him, nor the Republican Party.

I really hope he does though, we need to expose the religious right for radicals they are.

liberals first, then democrats, then everyone in this country illegally, then all radical muslims, then the race baiters like Jackson, Sharpton, and Farrakhan.

liberals first, then democrats, then everyone in this country illegally, then all radical muslims, then the race baiters like Jackson, Sharpton, and Farrakhan.
What does that even mean?

Well fuck, why not? Three or four babes in bed? I can live with that. :D

And your party just nominated a dude whose religion allows (or allowed) bigamy. So, what's the big deal?

The problem w/Republicans is they believe that the country is a Christian nation, when in fact it's a country that was found by MOSTLY Christians.

The Bible makes a CLEAR demarcation of God's Law and man's law (aka the government), yet the far RW religious radicals always mix the twain together.

#SMHGOP

"endowed by their creator" "in God we trust" Not necessarily Christian, but acknowleding a higher power

What does that even mean?

he has no idea. He's just mad, dammmmnit!!!

Forum List

Back