Mike Huckabee Threatens To Leave The GOP Over Gay Marriage

You sound upset somehow.

yeah, stupidity upsets me.

Indeed. Very upset.

easy to get over it, just turn off my computer. :biggrin:

Fantastic!! Get cracking!

when I am ready. Currently enjoying making fools of liberals-----------its soooooooooooo easy.

Oh, so you are already sleeping and having wet-dreams. Ok. got it.

If the Huckster follows through on his threat it won't be good for him, nor the Republican Party.

I really hope he does though, we need to expose the religious right for radicals they are.

It will be good for Christianity too, a good cleansing is in order.

I agree. First we need to kill all the Catholics. You tell me who is next.

liberals first, then democrats, then everyone in this country illegally, then all radical muslims, then the race baiters like Jackson, Sharpton, and Farrakhan.
What does that even mean?

joking in response to a joke--------sorry if it was over your head.

Sticking to principles is not meritorious (Hitler, Tojo, Robert E. Lee, bigrebnc, etc.) if the principles are not meritorious.

true, do you consider the Bible meritorious or not? How about the Torah? the Koran?

Hitler did not have principles. He was a lunatic determined to wipe out a religion. Very similar to ISIS.

Tojo was waging war as directed by his emperor. His principles did not matter.

Lee had principles. Because you may disagree with some of them does not denigrate him as a person.

I don't care if Huckleberry goes or stays, either way it will have no impact on november 2014 or 2016.

The sentence that I bolded: agree.

The problem w/Republicans is they believe that the country is a Christian nation, when in fact it's a country that was found by MOSTLY Christians.

The Bible makes a CLEAR demarcation of God's Law and man's law (aka the government), yet the far RW religious radicals always mix the twain together.

#SMHGOP

"endowed by their creator" "in God we trust" Not necessarily Christian, but acknowleding a higher power
Yeah, that's what I stated.

Indeed. Very upset.

when I am ready. Currently enjoying making fools of liberals-----------its soooooooooooo easy.

no, you

Indeed. Very upset.

nope, you have me confused with a liberal. thats what they do. Thats why threads like this are started. Because libs like RW and his sock Jake live in a fantasy world.

Republicans show why they are being bypassed by a society they no longer understand

Gay marriage is here, It is an accepted practice with most Americans. Even most Republican voters. In spite of gloom and doom predictions from the Huckabees of the country, we have not collapsed into a den of sin

Continued blocking of gay marriage stamps republicans as mean, stubborn and out of touch

I think it is fantastic. I know a fellow who wants to marry his sister. That should be next on the agenda.
And there should not be a law against marrying 2, 3 or more women. The only requirement is that you love each of them.

Well fuck, why not? Three or four babes in bed? I can live with that. :D

And your party just nominated a dude whose religion allows (or allowed) bigamy. So, what's the big deal?

Your parties most admired dude, Bill Clinton, jumped everything with a hole and heartbeat. He has about the same moral compass as you. That would be zero.

Good. Let Huckabee get the Bible Bangers out of the Republican party. Once the Rs go back to being Goldwater Republicans and only worry about smaller government and money, they might start making headway with the American people. Abortion and gay marriage and evolution are done deals and constantly trying to decide what goes on in one's bedroom and classrooms just turns voters away. The sooner the GOP realizes that, the better off they will be.

Getting in bed with the Religious Right was the worse mistake the GOP ever made.
True.

But...

The religious right, social conservatives, and Christian fundamentalists have become the base of the GOP.

The religious right is like a parasite that cannot be removed without killing its host. There's no way republican party bosses are going to jeopardize guaranteed votes for republican candidates, particularly in the South.

The problem w/Republicans is they believe that the country is a Christian nation, when in fact it's a country that was found by MOSTLY Christians.

The Bible makes a CLEAR demarcation of God's Law and man's law (aka the government), yet the far RW religious radicals always mix the twain together.

#SMHGOP

"endowed by their creator" "in God we trust" Not necessarily Christian, but acknowleding a higher power

good, then we agree-------------------how bout dat?

Republicans show why they are being bypassed by a society they no longer understand

Gay marriage is here, It is an accepted practice with most Americans. Even most Republican voters. In spite of gloom and doom predictions from the Huckabees of the country, we have not collapsed into a den of sin

Continued blocking of gay marriage stamps republicans as mean, stubborn and out of touch

I think it is fantastic. I know a fellow who wants to marry his sister. That should be next on the agenda.
And there should not be a law against marrying 2, 3 or more women. The only requirement is that you love each of them.

Well fuck, why not? Three or four babes in bed? I can live with that. :D

And your party just nominated a dude whose religion allows (or allowed) bigamy. So, what's the big deal?

Your parties most admired dude, Bill Clinton, jumped everything with a hole and heartbeat. He has about the same moral compass as you. That would be zero.

Uhuh....

#SMHGOP

good, then we agree-------------------how bout dat?

It happens now and then. Now, behave yourself.

Good. Let Huckabee get the Bible Bangers out of the Republican party. Once the Rs go back to being Goldwater Republicans and only worry about smaller government and money, they might start making headway with the American people. Abortion and gay marriage and evolution are done deals and constantly trying to decide what goes on in one's bedroom and classrooms just turns voters away. The sooner the GOP realizes that, the better off they will be.

Getting in bed with the Religious Right was the worse mistake the GOP ever made.
True.

But...

The religious right, social conservatives, and Christian fundamentalists have become the base of the GOP.

The religious right is like a parasite that cannot be removed without killing its host. There's no way republican party bosses are going to jeopardize guaranteed votes for republican candidates, particularly in the South.

the sentence in red is a lie. What is true is that the dem base is the far left radicals that hate this country and everything it stands for.

So if he doesn't follow through with this threat, does he come off better or worse?

Never heard of him.
He got most of his publicity from campaigning for the Presidential nomination
and having his own conservative show.

Here is one quote from him that I found funny:
In 2006, Huckabee stated, "I'm not real fond when people try to tell me that I'm just against same sex marriage. I tell people I'm actually just for keeping marriage in the only manner in which it's even been known in any culture in any civilization throughout all of history, and dear friends, until Moses comes down with two stone tablets from Brokeback Mountain saying he's changed the rules, let's keep it like it is."

Republicans need to be as far away as they can from this issue by 2016

In two years, Gay marriage will be the law of the land. Continued fighting by Republicans will stamp them as an archaic party fighting to preserve past hatreds

This is going to be interesting. Strategically, you're absolutely right. Republicans need to stop polishing this turd as it only serves to highight the distinction between what the majority of the electorate believes and what republicans believe.

However....

...this is a pet issue of the religious right. And as Huckabee demonstrates with his threats, its entirely possible for this issue to cause some serious discord among the GOP. I mean, more discord, given the clefting the party has already endured between mainstream and tea party republicans. So....more internal bickering among the GOP. And more damage to the brand outside it as support for gay marriage bans continues.

Its a lose-lose-lose scenario for republicans.

In 2016, Republicans can no longer continue their well rehearsed mantra of "I believe marriage is between one man and one woman". It will make them look totally out of touch with 2016 America
Now they can continue to pander to the religious right or surrender the young Republicans who wonder......What is wrong with these guys?

Republicans need to be as far away as they can from this issue by 2016

In two years, Gay marriage will be the law of the land. Continued fighting by Republicans will stamp them as an archaic party fighting to preserve past hatreds

This is going to be interesting. Strategically, you're absolutely right. Republicans need to stop polishing this turd as it only serves to highight the distinction between what the majority of the electorate believes and what republicans believe.

However....

...this is a pet issue of the religious right. And as Huckabee demonstrates with his threats, its entirely possible for this issue to cause some serious discord among the GOP. I mean, more discord, given the clefting the party has already endured between mainstream and tea party republicans. So....more internal bickering among the GOP. And more damage to the brand outside it as support for gay marriage bans continues.

Its a lose-lose-lose scenario for republicans.

In 2016, Republicans can no longer continue their well rehearsed mantra of "I believe marriage is between one man and one woman". It will make them look totally out of touch with 2016 America
Now they can continue to pander to the religious right or surrender the young Republicans who wonder......What is wrong with these guys?
Actually, I believe that too.
That MARRIAGE is between 1 man and 1 woman.
That is truly what it's been throughout time memorial.
However, I won't go into a fit into what people want to do with their lives today.
Again, I recognize that man's laws and God's laws are two different things.
As Joshua said, whatever the world is doing and/or agrees upon has nothing to do with me because "as for me and MY house, we will serve the Lord."

Joshua 24 15 KJV - And if it seem evil unto you to serve - Bible Gateway

Arkansas.
Hope, Arkansas, where he and Bill Clinton are from. :rofl:

Yes, let him go back. His day in the sun is over. He stopped growing. The only thing I agree with him upon, are Barack Hussein's polices the past 6 years.

I love that this is causing a civil war in the GOP. Couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch.

We're laughing at you,there is no "civil war".

And yet the GOP is falling into three camps.

1. It's over, let it go to tacit support
2. We just don't talk about it
3. Aaahhhhh, we need a Constitutional Amendment!!!!

That seems a bit dissentish

Forum List

Back