Mike Pence: Sarah Palin Without The Charisma

Mike Pence Has Led The Fight Against Reproductive Rights For Half A Decade

He once threatened to shut down the federal government over Planned Parenthood funding.

When Republicans took over the House of Representatives in 2011, then-Rep. Pence authored the first bill to strip all federal money from Planned Parenthood. He then threatened to shut down the federal government over Planned Parenthood funding in an interview on MSNBC.

Planned Parenthood President Cecile Richards told Politico at the time that she had never seen a legislator go after the organization with as much intensity as Pence. “He’s the only one I know of who has been so completely obsessed with Planned Parenthood,” she said. “This just seems to be an enormous focus of his.”

“A Trump-Pence ticket should send a shiver down the spine of women in this country,” the group said in a statement Thursday. “Donald Trump just sent a message to the women of America: your health and your lives are not important.”

Also in 2011, Pence cosponsored the Ultrasound Informed Consent Act, a bill that would have required abortion providers to perform an ultrasound on a woman seeking abortion, regardless of whether it was medically necessary, and then describe the embryo in detail to her. He also cosponsored a bill that would have essentially redefined rape, prohibiting federal funds from paying for abortion except in cases of “forcible rape,” and a bill that would allow hospitals to deny abortions to pregnant women who would die without the care.

Since Pence became governor of Indiana in 2013, he has signed multiple anti-abortion bills into law, including a measure that prohibits private insurance providers from offering abortion coverage. Under his leadership in 2015, Indiana experienced a devastating HIV outbreak, which was exacerbated by the closure of a Planned Parenthood clinic that was the only HIV testing center in the county. The clinic had closed due to Pence’s cuts to Planned Parenthood’s funding.

in March, Pence signed one of the worst anti-abortion omnibus bills in the country into law. Among other things, it requires doctors to offer women the “remains” of the fetus after an abortion.

Indiana women were so frustrated with Pence’s apparent preoccupation with their reproductive organs this year that they started a “Periods for Pence” campaign, giving him details of their menstrual cycles. One woman even invited Pence to her gynecologist appointment.

Not surprisingly, anti-abortion advocates cheered the news of Trump’s likely pick on Thursday.

More: Mike Pence Has Led The Fight Against Reproductive Rights For Half A Decade

Just another anti-choice anti-women religious nut. Just another deranged teabagger lunatic.
He opposed baby murder? I like him more and more.

Do you now support food stamps and wic to make sure that baby can be fed by a poor single mother?
Killing it or giving it cradle to grave care are the only options in your toggle switch head? She can adopt it out or have the dad pay. Assuming she has no control over her sexual urges.

n-MIKE-PENCE-628x314.jpg

It is too amazing to be true. Donald Trump charged Arthur Culvahouse, the same DC lawyer who vetted Sarah Palin, with vetting his VP choices.

And Trump has ended up picking Sarah Palin, without the charisma.

One source who used to work as a senior staff member in the House of Representatives told me, “Pence, smart? I used to eat salads at the Rayburn cafeteria that had more brains than Mike Pence.”

That certainly fits Mike Pence.

Mike Pence who, in 2001, still was seriously trying to claim that cigarette smoking wouldn’t kill you, writing “Time for a quick reality check. Despite the hysteria from the political class and the media, smoking doesn’t kill. In fact, 2 out of every three smokers does not die from a smoking related illness and 9 out of ten smokers do not contract lung cancer.”

Mike Pence who, just last year, looked like a deer in headlights on television, when asked to explain a law he just signed. He was completely unable to tell George Stephanopoulos if the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (Reminder: a bill he just signed) would allow bakers and florists to refuse service to same-sex couples being married. The performance was widely mocked, and thought to be the end of his Presidential ambitions.

Mike Pence who, when asked if he believes in evolution, had to repeat the question, before giving a nonsensical response.

Mike Pence who either didn’t read, or didn’t understand, that he signed a law that requires women to bury or cremate their periods, if they contain a fertilized egg, leading to the Periods for Pence movement.

It isn’t so much that Mike Pence is a lightweight in the brains department.

It’s that Mike Pence is a lightweight in the brains department, and also ridiculously incompetent.

Remember that religious freedom bill that Pence signed, but couldn’t explain? Upon finding out that it wasn’t at all popular, that everyone realized it could be used to discriminate against gays and lesbians, and coming under pressure from a nationwide boycott of Indiana as a result, Pence was forced to sign an amendment protecting the LGBT community, thus taking out the reason religious groups wanted the original law in the first place. The result ended up being the whole ordeal was an epic waste of time, that needlessly had Hoosiers at each others’ throats.

Pence, in his infinite wisdom, decided that banning needle exchanges would curb drug use, despite evidence to the contrary. What happened, because of inept Mike Pence? Oh nothing, just an explosion of HIV in the state. So much so that Pence was forced to sign needle exchanges back into law.

Mike Pence also once decided to start spending resources to develop a state-controlled news service, which would feed the media with prewritten stories, and be the one to break “news” (read: “propaganda”) about his administration. When confronted with the fact that it was, well, kind of Soviet, Pence decided to stop developing the news service.

These are just some of the reasons that Mike Pence was very possibly on his way tobeing beaten for reelection as governor, by a state rep who hasn’t been in politics for 14 years, before Donald Trump saved his hide.

How bad is his reputation in the state? Republicans want Pence out of Indiana. Reported CNN, “[Trump picking Pence] also makes for a good fit for Indiana Republicans, who are ready for Pence to go after a tumultuous first term in Indiana that has opened up a chance for Democrats to claim the governor’s office.”

Oh, the title of that piece? “Indiana GOP to Trump: Take Mike Pence, Please!”

Like the former Congressional staffer above, the people of Indiana and Republicans found out, pretty darned quick, that Mike Pence is as inept and bumbling as he is lacking in intellect.

This is Donald Trump’s first presidential-level decision, and he didn’t just whiff.

He whiffed very, very badly.

After November, when the post-mortems on the Trump loss are written, people will look back on Pence and think, “What was Trump thinking?”

Mike Pence: Sarah Palin Without The Charisma

Unbelievable! An idiot picks another idiot. Thank you, Mr. Trump.
that's bi catfishes state!

Mike Pence Has Led The Fight Against Reproductive Rights For Half A Decade

He once threatened to shut down the federal government over Planned Parenthood funding.

When Republicans took over the House of Representatives in 2011, then-Rep. Pence authored the first bill to strip all federal money from Planned Parenthood. He then threatened to shut down the federal government over Planned Parenthood funding in an interview on MSNBC.

Planned Parenthood President Cecile Richards told Politico at the time that she had never seen a legislator go after the organization with as much intensity as Pence. “He’s the only one I know of who has been so completely obsessed with Planned Parenthood,” she said. “This just seems to be an enormous focus of his.”

“A Trump-Pence ticket should send a shiver down the spine of women in this country,” the group said in a statement Thursday. “Donald Trump just sent a message to the women of America: your health and your lives are not important.”

Also in 2011, Pence cosponsored the Ultrasound Informed Consent Act, a bill that would have required abortion providers to perform an ultrasound on a woman seeking abortion, regardless of whether it was medically necessary, and then describe the embryo in detail to her. He also cosponsored a bill that would have essentially redefined rape, prohibiting federal funds from paying for abortion except in cases of “forcible rape,” and a bill that would allow hospitals to deny abortions to pregnant women who would die without the care.

Since Pence became governor of Indiana in 2013, he has signed multiple anti-abortion bills into law, including a measure that prohibits private insurance providers from offering abortion coverage. Under his leadership in 2015, Indiana experienced a devastating HIV outbreak, which was exacerbated by the closure of a Planned Parenthood clinic that was the only HIV testing center in the county. The clinic had closed due to Pence’s cuts to Planned Parenthood’s funding.

in March, Pence signed one of the worst anti-abortion omnibus bills in the country into law. Among other things, it requires doctors to offer women the “remains” of the fetus after an abortion.

Indiana women were so frustrated with Pence’s apparent preoccupation with their reproductive organs this year that they started a “Periods for Pence” campaign, giving him details of their menstrual cycles. One woman even invited Pence to her gynecologist appointment.

Not surprisingly, anti-abortion advocates cheered the news of Trump’s likely pick on Thursday.

More: Mike Pence Has Led The Fight Against Reproductive Rights For Half A Decade

Just another anti-choice anti-women religious nut. Just another deranged teabagger lunatic.
He opposed baby murder? I like him more and more.

Do you now support food stamps and wic to make sure that baby can be fed by a poor single mother?
Killing it or giving it cradle to grave care are the only options in your toggle switch head? She can adopt it out or have the dad pay. Assuming she has no control over her sexual urges.

Apparently liberals can't keep their legs closed....

I thought Lakhota was a she... hmm

But, it wouldn't have mattered who Trump picked.......he/she would have said similar. Not like it means anything. ;)

Anyone who threatens his government freebees is the enemy.

I still find it funny that nine months ago people like C_Clayton_Jones were saying Trump would "never" be the nominee.

Nobody took him seriously (I, frankly, still don't).

But, now they are all over him.

Probably won't completely end Pence's
career" but the good news is that this will severely curtail the damage he can do.

I still find it funny that nine months ago people like C_Clayton_Jones were saying Trump would "never" be the nominee.

I was one of those who didn't believe the American people are dumb and self-loathing enough to nominate/vote.

Never ever underestimate the stupidity of the rabid right wing froot loop.

I was one of those who didn't believe the American people are dumb and self-loathing enough to nominate/vote.

I am certainly no Trump fan.

But I don't believe it was dumb to nominate him. I fully understand how he represents a reaction by many.

Now, I am guessing you somehow think it was smart to nominate Hillary.

If you do, you are no less stupid than those you accuse on the right.

He obviously didn't think NaziCons were quite that stupid. He was wrong. I was wrong. They are that stupid.

He obviously didn't think NaziCons were quite that stupid. He was wrong. I was wrong. They are that stupid.

Hey Hiawatha, you sure are having a meltdown today.

Oh goodie, another entertaining 'unbiased' liberal assessment of a GOP candidate.

If the above was to long, here are the Cliff Notes:

GOP is evil.
Trump is evil.
Pence is evil.

Gop are losers.
Trump is a loser.
Pence is a loser.

That can pretty much be applied to whatever libs say for the next 3 1/2 months...during which time the liberals hope and pray the criminal investigation of their candidate finally ends.

'Nuff sad.

Stupid will be determined by who get's what.

The whole country appears to be stupid.

Nominating Hillary over Bernie was beyond stupid.

Lol a man with morals scares these leftist loons to death!

Funny. Atheists also have morals - just not delusional/deranged ones.

Atheists have murdered more people in the last 100 years than all of the religious wars over the last 2,000 years dearie. You are quite simply full of shit.

I am certainly no Trump fan.

But I don't believe it was dumb to nominate him. I fully understand how he represents a reaction by many.

Now, I am guessing you somehow think it was smart to nominate Hillary.

If you do, you are no less stupid than those you accuse on the right.
Seems Trump might believe it was dumb to nominate him...

Donald Trump reportedly had second thoughts about adding Pence to ticket

Sarah Palin without the charisma? So in other words, Al Gore.
Dems should be thrilled.
They were sporting a lot of wood for that guy in 2000.

Forum List

Back