Military Men Chase Down Protesters Flying Upside-Down American Flag

I often hear those on the left tell us that none of the rights in the Bill of Rights is absolute. I guess that only applies to rights they feel we shouldn't have.

Anyway, actions have consequences and flying a US flag upside down around US patriots has the consequences we just saw. No rights violated though. The Bill of Rights is to keep the government from infringing on our rights.

Active duty - agents of the government. Political speech interfered with by agents of the government equates to an infringement of rights.

Not when you're on your own time. I did 20 years and when I walked off the ship I was basically a civilian so you're wrong on that, sir.

Things must have changed after my discharge. We belonged to the Navy 24/7 and were just as responsible for our actions on leave as we were when at sea.

As I understand it, flying the flag upside down is an active distress call.

Doing it to make a political statement is equivalent to calling 911 to complain about Obama.

Can't agree on this one Doc. Frivolous 911 calls potentially negatively impact somebody else who genuinely needs a 911 service. This making a statement impacts nobody. Except for the symbol-minded, but that's their hangup.

Obviously, making prank calls to 911 is worse. But both are equally silly.

Active duty - agents of the government. Political speech interfered with by agents of the government equates to an infringement of rights.

Not when you're on your own time. I did 20 years and when I walked off the ship I was basically a civilian so you're wrong on that, sir.

Things must have changed after my discharge. We belonged to the Navy 24/7 and were just as responsible for our actions on leave as we were when at sea.

I guess times have changed.

I applaud the military men. You have the right to express yourself and SO DO THOSE MILITARY men. I guess their rights don't count right?

But they stole property that was not theirs. Can't do that. Now they could go get their own flag, fly it right side up and follow them around, and everything's cool.

This is the kind of silly effect we get when we institute a national flag fetish. Going to all that trouble for a freaking 180° orientation of a piece of cloth, really??

Nobody's mentioned how Fox Noise tried to distort the story with the bit near the end of the video about the still picture with the onlookers giving the middle digit. They try to connect that picture with the earlier upside-down flaggers on the basis that both were photographed by the same guy.

Bastards.

Last edited:
Most of the people that I have seen fly the flag upside down have been "Conservatives". However, whatever their political beliefs, that did not give the soldiers the right to assualt them. In fact. we have one such on this board that has an upside down flag in all of his posts. It is his right.

Most of the people that I have seen fly the flag upside down have been "Conservatives". However, whatever their political beliefs, that did not give the soldiers the right to assualt them. In fact. we have one such on this board that has an upside down flag in all of his posts. It is his right.

Actions have consequences. :salute:

Also, it could have been anyone who took the flag from those losers. Any patriot could have done it.

Did these folks use the Flag in such a manner knowing full well that it would NOT offend or enrage ANYONE? I think they purposefully engaged in controversial behavior.

They got what they deserved.

Ya think?? I mean, it is a protest. Stirring controversy is kind of the point.

I applaud the military men. You have the right to express yourself and SO DO THOSE MILITARY men. I guess their rights don't count right?

One of my clients served several tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. Their next door neighbor flies an upside down flag up a pole every day. His family puts up with it because they must... but in my opinion it's absolutely unacceptable. It's one of the rare occasions where I'd approve of a home owners association interfering.

I don't think that anyone is arguing that the soldiers had the "right" to assault these guys and steal their flag.

I don't think that anyone is arguing that the soldiers had the "right" to assault these guys and steal their flag.

They were taking pictures giving the middle finger to the upside down flag before the incident.

They were taking pictures giving the middle finger to the upside down flag before the incident.

Ok.

I'm not sure I'm understanding what you're trying to say.

I didn't see where they set the timeline of which happened first. Remember, it's Fox Noise and they're full of weasel words.
Notice they don't actually say it happened first but only imply that with the usual Fox Noise "some people say" routine. When they dress their scripts up to imply something but won't actually say it, we know there's some propaganda goin' on.

Also how do we know these guys are military? One of them wears a "USMC" shirt-- that's it?

Last edited:

Doing it to make a political statement is equivalent to calling 911 to complain about Obama.

Can't agree on this one Doc. Frivolous 911 calls potentially negatively impact somebody else who genuinely needs a 911 service. This making a statement impacts nobody. Except for the symbol-minded, but that's their hangup.

If you disrespect the flag you disrespect the nation it stands for and all those who fought bled and/or died defending them. The punks on the scooter deserved a much more serious attitude adjustment than what they got. The idea that symbols are unimportant is idiotic. Go to a mosque and piss on a Koran and see what happens.

If you disrespect the flag you disrespect the nation it stands for and all those who fought bled and/or died defending them. The punks on the scooter deserved a much more serious attitude adjustment than what they got. The idea that symbols are unimportant is idiotic. Go to a mosque and piss on a Koran and see what happens.

That's idiotic too. "What happens" is not the point.

Last edited:

That's idiotic too. "What happens" is not the point.

Wrong. That is exactly the point. Symbols are important.

Forum List

Back