Millions could lose access to food stamps under Trump proposal, study finds

I know I’m in the inner city of Boston and if I studied plumbing on my own I’d probably get fined for all the materials I left in the trash, and arrested for taking jobs because I can’t afford the permits they want me to have

and all the jobs I could create to help my inner city.. you democrats killed jobs
You use the terms “I and my”
Those terms don’t apply to feeding 30 million people

A raise in minimum wage would

the min. wage has been raised at least 5 times in my lifetime and it still isnt enough,,,

so as usual you are wrong,,,

How much higher has the Fed inflated the markets in that same time?

You: Boss, I think I deserve a raise.

Boss: I gave you a raise ten years ago.

Whoever doesn't get a raise in 10 years and still doing the same job is a moron.

Most people do move up but even then a large portion of jobs that you move up to still do not pay enough to keep you out of poverty.

Most people get the raise.

what is poverty???

I havent made more than 5K a yr in the last ten yrs and dont consider myself to be poor,,,

Some people who are on welfare are afraid that the moment they make a dollar the old fashioned way they'll lose those benefits that put food on the table and end up with less than they had simply not working at all.

Some people who are on welfare are afraid that the moment they make a dollar the old fashioned way they'll lose those benefits that put food on the table and end up with less than they had simply not working at all.

For some people that is a very valid concern and something we should change.

the min. wage has been raised at least 5 times in my lifetime and it still isnt enough,,,

Whoever doesn't get a raise in 10 years and still doing the same job is a moron.

Most people do move up but even then a large portion of jobs that you move up to still do not pay enough to keep you out of poverty.

what is poverty???

I havent made more than 5K a yr in the last ten yrs and dont consider myself to be poor,,,
I do

what is poverty???

I do

...and therefore contemptible, right?

Which doesn't excuse crushing the poor.
/—-/ No one is crushing the poor you nimrod. Trump’s economy is reducing the UE to historic levels. If you want a job you can find one.

Low paying jobs. Wall Street gets billions, the poor get low paying service jobs.
/—-/ The poor get many types of jobs. They can train for better ones. And Wall Street doesn’t get billions. People, Unions and corporations invest billions in Wall Street. You big dope.

There you go again....

The poor can train for better jobs. With over 30 million poor, is every one of them able to train for better jobs?
Are there 30 million unfilled better jobs out there?
/----/ "The poor can train for better jobs. "
Besides your pizz poor, defeatist attitude what is stopping them?

The lack of 30 million “better jobs”

what is poverty???

I do

you do what???

Millions could lose access to food stamps under Trump proposal, study finds

Millions of Americans face losing access to food assistance under proposed rule changes by the Trump administration, a new analysis has found.

The changes, if they had been instituted last year, would have resulted in 3.7 million fewer people and 2.1m fewer households receiving the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, known as Snap or food stamps, during an average month, according to the study.

The altered rules would also reduce benefits received by many people, with 2.2m households set to have their average monthly assistance cut by $127. Nearly one million students would lose access to free or discounted lunches.

The poor are an easy target for Cons. Typical bonehead politics.

Funny coming from a Brit who funds the Royal family via welfare.

I know I’m in the inner city of Boston and if I studied plumbing on my own I’d probably get fined for all the materials I left in the trash, and arrested for taking jobs because I can’t afford the permits they want me to have

and all the jobs I could create to help my inner city.. you democrats killed jobs

Because of over regulation and forced slave wages democrats promote,, and illegals that lower wages.. YOU DONT CARE ABOUT THE POOR

No we don't. Where does Tariffs fit into Capitalism? Where do bail outs fit into Capitalism? Where does anything the Fed does fit into Capitalism?
There's already a term for it....crony capitalism.

Tariffs would not be necessary if the other side plays fair game.

Bailouts didn't come from conservatives, who also would like to end the Fed.

Barry Obama threw million dollar life lines to GM, public employee unions, Solyndra, Wall street banks and financial firms,
Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Chrysler, etc.
982 recipients got a hand out from from Uncle Obama for a total of 633 billion dollars! And quite a few of the big shots who held out their hands for some crony capitalism still have yet to repay the government. Bailout Tracker

No we don't. Where does Tariffs fit into Capitalism? Where do bail outs fit into Capitalism? Where does anything the Fed does fit into Capitalism?

In a "free market" there is no such thing as "fair". You either decide to trade or not.

Give me a number.
Where do you live?

So you limit a living wage on where you live? Seems to me if you choose to living in a rural area you should get as much as a person that lives in a big city. Letting government set a living wage can be arbitrary at best. That would leave the most vulnerable to political games.
It is their employers problem

If you do business in a low cost area, you can pay a low cost wage
If you do business in an expensive area, you pay a wage where your employees can survive without taxpayer assistance

So then what is a “living wage”? If states and the feds set the wage and employers pay the wage, how can you blame the employers? Seems the government is the failure in this.

They are your employees
YOU feed and house them without taxpayers subsidizing your profit margin
/—-/ The poor get many types of jobs. They can train for better ones. And Wall Street doesn’t get billions. People, Unions and corporations invest billions in Wall Street. You big dope.

There you go again....

The poor can train for better jobs. With over 30 million poor, is every one of them able to train for better jobs?
Are there 30 million unfilled better jobs out there?
/----/ "The poor can train for better jobs. "
Besides your pizz poor, defeatist attitude what is stopping them?

He stated what is stopping them. You understand what is stopping them. You have no answer to what is stopping them so you are stuck repeating the same thing over and over again.
/----/ Nothing is stopping them.
Adult Services, Employment & Training Administration (ETA) - U.S. Department of Labor

Nothing is stopping them from training other than perhaps an ability to pay for it but a lack of those kinds of jobs stop the overwhelming vast majority from getting one. Then if you have 1 million with the training and 10,000 jobs available the pay in those jobs fall.

But you know this.

The Healthcare industry is in need of workers, transportation companies need drivers. There is a big void to fill in many industries. In fact we currently need more workers than there are available jobs.

Barry Obama threw million dollar life lines to GM, public employee unions, Solyndra, Wall street banks and financial firms,
Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Chrysler, etc.
982 recipients got a hand out from from Uncle Obama for a total of 633 billion dollars! And quite a few of the big shots who held out their hands for some crony capitalism still have yet to repay the government. Bailout Tracker

Barry is not exactly the conservative.

In a "free market" there is no such thing as "fair". You either decide to trade or not.
That is a VAST oversimplification. Addressing China’s Trade Practices

I'm not much interested in the subject but when it comes to the issue of fair trade
you make me look like Adam Smith.

It's gonna get worse with China.

They just passed the law where foreign companies are required to report their use of any encryption and hand out encryption keys to the Chinese government. Basically, forget the patents, copyright laws, you have to had out to Chinese all of your technologies and secrets if you wanna do business there.

Fair trade?

Hit them with new tariffs, whatever tariffs they have now, double it, or more.

Barry is not exactly the conservative.
Not at all and that's the point. Obama used bailout money to reward businesses that would play ball with the left
and withhold it from those who would not regardless of whether they "deserved" their money or not.

Trumps Tariffs are making consumer goods more expensive

Forum List

Back