Millions Of Electric Car Batteries Retiring By 2030, Are We Ready To Deal With What Could Be Ticking Time Bombs?

I’m figuring the costs of operating an EV. I’m accurate. Are they expensive ? You pay no more than an ICE car with the same capabilities…..

BULLSHIT. Like I said, an EV only costs less to operate at the "pump" because you are paying far more up front for it and in the maintenance/replacement of the battery.

If you are OK shelling out an added $400.00 per month in purchase cost and added battery maintenance cost, by all means, buy an EV.

Full EVs ought to be an OPTION, a CHOICE, for those whom it makes sense to buy one, not government mandated by a total imbecile bunghole like Joe Biden who doesn't know his ignition key from his fly zipper.

Nah. I'm the third owner. It's my baby. In 2008, I put some money into the body and it has zero rust, then I replaced the dash factory radio and cassette player with a very nice AM/FM CD player. It runs a 350 ci / 5L V-8 with auto and 4X4. The summer wheels are custom Ultras. I modded the valve body in the tranny and can shift it manually or let the auto do its thing.

View attachment 866361
Ha ha. I live in a rust belt and have ZERO rust on my cars and trucks. Body work is expensive. Rust prevention is easy and very cheap if you do it yourself. A friend who restores and maintains antiques showed me how decades ago and I’ve avoided rust in cars for decades in a state that literally hoses salt on the roads. It’s no secret…any body shop will show you how. Many treat their own cars. You do this to any car, you can keep it a life time.

Last edited:
Your post is a load of hooee. EVs are more expensive, less reliable, have MUCH less range and occasionally spontaneously combust resulting in a fire that burns for hours. Nobody wants them because the consumer is finally waking up to the insanity.
All made up shit. You’re full of it. The fire and death rate is 10 times higher in an ice car than an EV. I really don‘t give a shit if you like them or not. That’s all you’ll have to buy in about ten years for most models. Unless, ice cars become pollution free.

Last edited:
Even assuming your static claims and figures are all correct, your conclusions are the biggest crock of shit I've ever seen that it makes me wonder if it all didn't just come off of some pro-EV website! Your conclusions are all based as if EVs just pop out of nowhere ready to run, ready to charge up and go with no mention of the vast deficit and impact on the earth mining, installing and building/replacing batteries.

To hear you talk, EVs will practically replace themselves for free with a surplus of energy!!!

For instance, you totally ignore the fact that for an EV to even operate, it will cost the user about $200 a month just to have the EV in terms of battery depreciation and replacement costs! And that is based just on CURRENT battery replacement costs which can only increase with time and inflation and demand.

I see a time when people's EVs fail needing a new battery and they are DOA sitting on a waiting list for another battery to become available.

Never mind if the battery shorts or catches fire due to getting wet, say, in a flood, etc. Then there is the problem of winter driving.

Maybe an EV is cheaper to operate UP FRONT once you have the EV and the charger and only look at the recharging costs per mile driven, but that totally ignores the fact that the EV is far more costly to operate in terms of even BUYING the EV in the first place, the cost of the charger, finding charging stations, time to recharge, and the cost of replacing the battery (half the cost and weight of the car) every ten years.

EV's are a good deal and cheaper to operate only so long as you can get someone else to buy it for you, then somehow dump it on someone else before needing a new battery. Add that $200 per month expense onto the electricity consumption, even if you hardly drive it---- just imagine if you had $200 in repairs to your ICE car each month, every month, year in, year out.

When you factor the increased costs of EVs and the cost of replacing the battery alone, up front, while it might save you money recharging it compared to gasoline, you only got there by paying an added $10,000 - $20,000 for the EV over a comparable ICE car (minimum) + the cost of battery wear, depreciation and replacement, so, driving an EV, enjoy your low recharging costs, because it came to you at about an added $400.00 a month cost over what it would have cost you to buy an ICE car, when you factor in these big, upfront expenditures.
It’s hilarious how you guys who don’t own EVs try to tell some one who does all their advantages and disadvantages. It’s fking hilarious. .

The fire and death rate is 10 times higher in an ice car than an EV.
You're an idiot. That is only because there are 50 ICE cars on the road for every EV. The fact that it is only 10X higher (trusting your claim) instead of 50X higher actually proves ICE cars are much safer as well.

I really don‘t give a shit if you like them or not. That’s all you’ll have to buy in about ten years for most models.
Dream on. Just yesterday I saw a report where 4000 dealers in the USA have filed a complaint saying that Biden's EV auto mandate is unrealistic and putting the car companies out of business. Every dealership is chock full of a five year supply of EVs and they are just sitting there.

If all we can buy new is EVs in tens years, the car companies will be out of business unless Joe institutes a full 100% car subsidy because people will not buy what they neither want, can not afford and not use, and the used ICE car business will be booming.

BULLSHIT. Like I said, an EV only costs less to operate at the "pump" because you are paying far more up front for it and in the maintenance/replacement of the battery.
Really ? The battery is warranteed fir 10 years and 150 k miles. They cost less after market to replace than your trans/ engine. There us no general maintenance for ten years either….just inspections you can do yourself.

Hilarious? I'm a fucking retired EE you stupid shit. I don't need to OWN an EV to understand them.
EE ? bullshit. Guess you can’t even read a light bill. You have an engineering degree and you can’t even read the sticker prices in cars ?

Really ? The battery is warranteed fir 10 years and 150 k miles. They cost less after market to replace than your trans/ engine. There us no general maintenance for ten years either….just inspections you can do yourself.

You are so full of shit. The battery is warranted for ten years because it is right around ten years they start going bad, and between labor and battery, most EVs cost around $20,000 to $25,000 to put a new one in. Like I said, you better save up at least $200.00 a month so when the time comes, you can either replace the battery in your EV or put that 20K towards your new EV after your last ones resale value with a ten year old batter falls to near zero.

Hilarious? I'm a fucking retired EE you stupid shit. I don't need to OWN an EV to understand them.
Obviously you can’t read.
this will help. Have some one read it to you.

You are so full of shit. The battery is warranted for ten years because it is right around ten years they start going bad, and between labor and battery, most EVs cost around $20,000 to $25,000 to put a new one in. Like I said, you better save up at least $200.00 a month so when the time comes, you can either replace the battery in your EV or put that 20K towards your new EV after your last ones resale value with a ten year old batter falls to near zero.
You are so full of shit it’s scary..
you can buy a new Chevy bolt for under 27k dufus.

Obviously you can’t read.
this will help. Have some one read it to you.

I DON'T WANT THE CHEAPEST EV CAR you asshole! I don't drive shitboxes, tin cans and death traps. And I see by your link that they want $26,000 for a tin can Chevy Volt. A few years ago, people could buy a basic ICE car for around $16K I think.

So right off the bat, you are out $10,000 to move up to an EV and guess what? When that Chevy Volt is ten years old and the battery dead, you won't be able to GIVE it away.

Fuck off.

Your post is a load of hooee. EVs are more expensive, less reliable, have MUCH less range and occasionally spontaneously combust resulting in a fire that burns for hours. Nobody wants them because the consumer is finally waking up to the insanity.
Says the gop supporter whose party started 10 of the last 11 recessions.

Screen Shot 2023-11-30 at 9.09.31 PM.png

TOO FUCKIN' FUNNY. $30,000 for a tin can EV car with a RATED mileage of 110 miles! Which means in the cold or after a few years of use, it will get you about 60 miles from home before you are DOA. Just enough time to get some milk and bread then start hunting for a working available charger to get back home. :auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back