Millions Of Electric Car Batteries Retiring By 2030, Are We Ready To Deal With What Could Be Ticking Time Bombs?

Sure, ass suck lying EV mental case! You lie through your teeth saying crazy shit and I'm the problem! :auiqs.jpg:
Well, you have not produced one link while I just gave you the prices of EVs. Plus, I can read a light bill and unlike you, I pay my own instead if yo mama paying yours.

View attachment 866369

TOO FUCKIN' FUNNY. $30,000 for a tin can EV car with a RATED mileage of 110 miles! Which means in the cold or after a few years of use, it will get you about 60 miles from home before you are DOA. Just another time to get some milk and bread then start hunting for a working available charger to get back home. :auiqs.jpg:
Leave it to you to lie like a bullshitter and omit the Chevy bubba.

Well, you have not produced one link while I just gave you the prices of EVs. Plus, I can read a light bill and unlike you, I pay my own instead if yo mama paying yours.

Nice try asswipe. There have been a HUNDRED links presented here over the past couple of years backing up every single thing I said.

If EVs were the great deal you claim, they wouldn't be sitting on car lots not moving.

Here, want a link, asshat?

View attachment 866369

TOO FUCKIN' FUNNY. $30,000 for a tin can EV car with a RATED mileage of 110 miles! Which means in the cold or after a few years of use, it will get you about 60 miles from home before you are DOA. Just enough time to get some milk and bread then start hunting for a working available charger to get back home. :auiqs.jpg:
Leave it to you to pick out the shitty cars. You drive a shit ass Dodge Ram ?

I’m figuring the costs of operating an EV. I’m accurate. I know my light bill and you know yours and like most modern cars, I can read the miles per kWh. Geesus, it’s not even close. 90% of EV Drivers charge at home, not at fast charge places.

Plus, the normal commuter can charge 60 miles on a 110w outlet over night. The majority of driving doesn’t even require a special fast charge…..just a 110.
You can read your light bill right ? The power draw on 110 is less than a small room air conditioner. Do the math. It taxes no one.

im only discussing operating costs. New battery prices are dealer installed prices, not after market. It’s hilarious how you inflate prices. You can get EVs for the average price of new ICE cars with the same performance….

Are they expensive ? You pay no more than an ICE car with the same capabilities…..You want a cheapo computer car, get a Chevy Bolt. Nearly everyone offers a variant in the mid price range.
So what you are saying is you don't own one.

I’m figuring the costs of operating an EV. I’m accurate. I know my light bill and you know yours and like most modern cars, I can read the miles per kWh. Geesus, it’s not even close. 90% of EV Drivers charge at home, not at fast charge places.

Plus, the normal commuter can charge 60 miles on a 110w outlet over night. The majority of driving doesn’t even require a special fast charge…..just a 110.
You can read your light bill right ? The power draw on 110 is less than a small room air conditioner. Do the math. It taxes no one.

im only discussing operating costs. New battery prices are dealer installed prices, not after market. It’s hilarious how you inflate prices. You can get EVs for the average price of new ICE cars with the same performance….

Are they expensive ? You pay no more than an ICE car with the same capabilities…..You want a cheapo computer car, get a Chevy Bolt. Nearly everyone offers a variant in the mid price range.
When comparing the costs of EV's to ICE vehicles, people should just do that at their level. So for example, the kind of vehicle they need to buy, can they charge at home, the price of tyres, who can service the vehicle and at what cost, price of insurance, road excise duty (coming out soon for EV's I believe - UK), range etc..

1/3rd of households can't charge from home, so they will have a costly charging experience. Range is important because many lead busy lives, so going off to charge somewhere can't be a great experience, so they will want good range to avoid frequent charging.

My diesel van's range is 625 miles. I do 90 miles a day. So I fill the tank once a week. The electric version has a reported range of 120 miles, so I would have to charge every day, but I can't charge at home. Public charge points now cost more to use than diesel.

The saving grace is, I'm mid 50's, so I won't experience an EV.

When comparing the costs of EV's to ICE vehicles, people should just do that at their level. So for example, the kind of vehicle they need to buy, can they charge at home, the price of tyres, who can service the vehicle and at what cost, price of insurance, road excise duty (coming out soon for EV's I believe - UK), range etc..

1/3rd of households can't charge from home, so they will have a costly charging experience. Range is important because many lead busy lives, so going off to charge somewhere can't be a great experience, so they will want good range to avoid frequent charging.
That’s incorrect for the majority of commuters. It still depends upon your daily use. Even a car with a 120 mile ranges only needs overnight night charge from a 110 for a 60 mile commute. Who doesn’t have a 110 ? You always have a 60 mile reserve. A car with a 260 mile range gives you a 200 hundred mile reserve for 60 mile commutes with a 110 outlet. It’s all about use.

My diesel van's range is 625 miles. I do 90 miles a day. So I fill the tank once a week. The electric version has a reported range of 120 miles, so I would have to charge every day, but I can't charge at home. Public charge points now cost more to use than diesel.
I have two diesels. It’s still about use. Diesel fuel is no longer economical to use for commuting for individuals...just public transportation. So diesels only get used for road work and snow removal and heavy hauling where they excel.
The saving grace is, I'm mid 50's, so I won't experience an EV.
You do already. All cars are electrified now. Even a so called ICE car uses gasoline for propulsion. Literally in modern cars, nearly every other function is electrified including igniting the combustion. Hybrids are taking over where there is no external charging necessary. This is how we are moving to EVs and at age 50, you will easily be given a choice for one in just a few years if not now.

Within a few years, with hybrid power and minimal charging, you’ll be able to drive most of your commute with out using gasoline for half your trip or even pluging it in at all.
Its happening now with hybrids replacing diesel power for heavy vehicle use. Gasoline is cheaper than diesel and gravity generation is FREE, making hybrids much more efficient than diesel power.

Last edited:
That’s incorrect for the majority of commuters. It still depends upon your daily use. Even a car with a 120 mile ranges only needs overnight night charge from a 110 for a 60 mile commute. Who doesn’t have a 110 ? You always have a 60 mile reserve. A car with a 260 mile range gives you a 200 hundred mile reserve for 60 mile commutes with a 110 outlet. It’s all about use.

I have two diesels. It’s still about use. Diesel fuel is no longer economical to use for commuting for individuals...just public transportation. So diesels only get used for road work and snow removal and heavy hauling where they excel.

You do already. All cars are electrified now. Even a so called ICE car uses gasoline for propulsion. Literally in modern cars, nearly every other function is electrified including igniting the combustion. Hybrids are taking over where there is no external charging necessary. This is how we are moving to EVs and at age 50, you will easily be given a choice for one in just a few years if not now.

Within a few years, with hybrid power and minimal charging, you’ll be able to drive most of your commute with out using gasoline for half your trip or even pluging it in at all.
Its happening now with hybrids replacing diesel power for heavy vehicle use. Gasoline is cheaper than diesel and gravity generation is FREE, making hybrids much more efficient than diesel power.
When comparing the costs of EV's to ICE vehicles, people should just do that at their level.

I think you missed the first part, so I've increased the text size

When comparing the costs of EV's to ICE vehicles, people should just do that at their level.
Of course. But average price of all cars and trucks is $45k.
When you compare cars based upon features and performance, EVs and hybrids are just as cheap. For years, the public will have choices based upon their needs. It will take years before an EV can be charged as quickly as a gas power car can be. But guess what, a hybrid gets its battery charge faster then you can put gas ina car, while you’re driving. So that’s the biggest way we evolve to EVs when energy density is not there yet for batteries; it’s though hybrids. They only add 10% to the cost in many cars. Economics will always dictate your choice, but you will have one for ten to twenty years, and even ICE burning hydrogen could be a choice.

Of course. But average price of all cars and trucks is $45k.
When you compare cars based upon features and performance, EVs and hybrids are just as cheap. For years, the public will have choices based upon their needs. It will take years before an EV can be charged as quickly as a gas power car can be. But guess what, a hybrid gets its battery charge faster then you can put gas ina car, while you’re driving. So that’s the biggest way we evolve to EVs when energy density is there yet for battles, it’s though hybrids. They only add 10% to the cost in many cars.
I can't increase the text size any bigger, the site won't allow it so I'm not sure why it's not sinking in with you.

If you read my post, it's to do with me, the vehicle is to do with me, the mileage is to do with me, the costs are to do with me.

The mileage of others is irrelevant to me, the average cost of x, y, z is irrelevant to me.

So if I had to change my van, the equivalent in electric is double the cost, some £34,000. I can't charge at home. Public charge points charge more than diesel. Diesel gives me convenience, charging every day somewhere won't. I need that size of van for my equipment and towing capabilities.

So all that is relevant to me. So if the question to me was, "Is an EV a viable option to you?", the answer is a 100% no for my circumstances.

The EV scale is 100% yes for some (like you), and then all the way to 100% not for me. My circumstances and the current technology does not grade me between the two extremes. Do you understand?

Until the cost of vehicles (EV to ICE) are the same, the range the same, the refueling times/duration the same, the towing capabilities the same and so on and so on, then the enthusiasm from others is not there.

1/3rd of households can't charge from home, so they will have a costly charging experience
Nope....it's over half of all US homes are in multi-family housing that is at least 10 years old or more....meaning that they do not have any means to inexpensively charge an EV.

EV charging stations only started minimally a few years ago in a few parking lots. Meaning that there were only a few places publicly you could charge an EV if you lived in an apartment.

Currently EVs have design issues that have them in for repairs 150× more often than these mobile entertainment suites they call vehicles. But good luck getting someone to know how to work on one. Most mechanics have never even seen one except in pictures.
Meaning that we, as a nation, need a whole flock of new mechanics/electronic technicians to work on the things.

And the problem with that is that we need STEM graduates from high school to understand electronics and electricity. While schools are lowering standards for completion we need higher standards for graduates to have any employment anywhere to do anything. So...this new generation is not going to be prepared to even be able to fix or repair a vehicle.

When the used car lots see multiples more traffic than the new car lots....it's indicative of a problem....a huge one. When businessmen begin hollering at congress to save them from a WH mandate it's very serious. We are heading for a disaster!

New transportation technology is not something that I am opposed to. It's been a constant my whole life. But the technology has ALWAYS come from the Commercial/Industrial industry first before heading to the personal transportation sector....and this time it's exactly backwards. Especially when Commercial industry has consistently burned ¾ of the petroleum products used.

I can't increase the text size any bigger, the site won't allow it so I'm not sure why it's not sinking in with you.

If you read my post, it's to do with me, the vehicle is to do with me, the mileage is to do with me, the costs are to do with me.

The mileage of others is irrelevant to me, the average cost of x, y, z is irrelevant to me.

So if I had to change my van, the equivalent in electric is double the cost, some £34,000. I can't charge at home. Public charge points charge more than diesel. Diesel gives me convenience, charging every day somewhere won't. I need that size of van for my equipment and towing capabilities.

So all that is relevant to me. So if the question to me was, "Is an EV a viable option to you?", the answer is a 100% no for my circumstances.

The EV scale is 100% yes for some (like you), and then all the way to 100% not for me. My circumstances and the current technology does not grade me between the two extremes. Do you understand?
I never said or claim tha people had to buy EVs. What is for sure is, you will have choices and the economics will do a lot to influence those choices.

No, I’m not a full EV chooser because of economics and situation. But if you live OFF ROAD in a place that gets 100 plus inches of snow a year, you don’t choose EVs to fully depend upon. But yes, we we have already and will be slowly be involving electrification more in our vehicles....

But we all have friends who did choose other options.

Last edited:
Until the cost of vehicles (EV to ICE) are the same, the range the same, the refueling times/duration the same, the towing capabilities the same and so on and so on, then the enthusiasm from others is not there.
I’d go further than that. It has to be easier and cheaper before most will make that choice of EVs over ICE cars. That’s why the interim vehicles actually have to be better than ICE cars before-you choose them.
And it is with some vehicles. Look at wheel chairs where this personal electrified vehicle with lithium batteries has made mobility possible for thousands where it never existed before.

Last edited:
Nice try asswipe. There have been a HUNDRED links presented here over the past couple of years backing up every single thing I said.

If EVs were the great deal you claim, they wouldn't be sitting on car lots not moving.

Here, want a link, asshat?

None of your links back your claim that you’re and EE, unless you mean your an envious eunuch.

I never said or claim tha people had to buy EVs. What is for sure is, you will have choices and the economics will do a lot to influence those choices.

No, I’m not a full EV chooser because of economics and situation. But if you live OFF ROAD in a place that gets 100 plus inches of snow a year, you don’t choose EVs to fully depend upon. But yes, we we have already and will be slowly be involving electrification more in our vehicles....

But we all have friends who did choose other options.

Apologies, I thought you were one on those rabid EV supporters

Forum List

Back