Millions of Trump voters just basically voted to cut their pay.

rubes about to bend over and grab ankles

Donald Trump won his sweeping electoral victory on the backs of white working class voters, who were frustrated with Washington politics and believed that a drastic change would make their lives better. Unfortunately, in an entirely predictable turn of events, it appears their lives are about to get much worse.

Tom Bonier, the CEO of the polling firm TargetSmart, noted on Twitter that one of the first of many regulations that Trump and House Republicans are looking to repeal will be President Obama’s hard-fought rule that ensures time-and-a-half overtime pay for workers making less than $47,000 a year.

20 Million Trump Voters Set To Take HUGE Pay Cut Under Republican Plan

Trump Presidency Could Mean Cuts to Overtime Pay Rule

20 million 'rubes,' as you call them, have already had a federal Judge stop an EO by Obama that would have raised wages for them. I has not been in effect yet and will not be upheld by the courts.

'Career killer': Obama's new overtime expansion under fire | Fox News

The only thing that can happen now is for people who defend Trump to start addressing the issue. "The Issue" of course will be anyone who has the nerve to complain about time and a half pay. Not the defense for why time and a half is a bad thing for the lowest people in the economy. Less than $47,000?

it isn't everyone who makes under $47k, its the threshold for being considered a salaried employee, i.e. management. I am salaried, and I make straight time when I work OT. My next promotion would remove even that, because I am a supervisor.

The threshold used to be 23K, this rule raised it to $47k.

The only thing that can happen now is for people who defend Trump to start addressing the issue. "The Issue" of course will be anyone who has the nerve to complain about time and a half pay. Not the defense for why time and a half is a bad thing for the lowest people in the economy. Less than $47,000?

it isn't everyone who makes under $47k, its the threshold for being considered a salaried employee, i.e. management. I am salaried, and I make straight time when I work OT. My next promotion would remove even that, because I am a supervisor.

I didnt indicate it was everyone thats why I mentioned the overtime pay showing that I know that everyone doesnt do overtime

Actually, Trump had nothing at all to do with it. Don't allow the truth to stand in the way. It was a federal judge. You whimpering butt hurt Liberals need to understand that Trump has not as yet been sworn into office. Trump is still just a private citizen.

Thats why the title says he's SET to make those changes indicating that he's hasnt done it yet. Its right there in the title, theres no need to repeat it and get mad about it

"Under a Republican plan" is also in the title and it has nothing to do with what a federal judge has already done.

Actually, Trump had nothing at all to do with it. Don't allow the truth to stand in the way. It was a federal judge. You whimpering butt hurt Liberals need to understand that Trump has not as yet been sworn into office. Trump is still just a private citizen.

Thats why the title says he's SET to make those changes indicating that he's hasnt done it yet. Its right there in the title, theres no need to repeat it and get mad about it

I'm not mad. Neither do I run to and fro worrying about something that has not happened.

I didnt indicate it was everyone thats why I mentioned the overtime pay showing that I know that everyone doesnt do overtime

I didn't say it was you, but the usual MSM headlines don't make the distinction.

"Under a Republican plan" is also in the title and it has nothing to do with what a federal judge has already done.

"A Republican plan"? How many other Republican plans are out there?

Thats why he didnt mention the federal judge either. Now you're getting it

I didn't say it was you, but the usual MSM headlines don't make the distinction.

So why quote me on something someone else you claim did and bring it up to me?

So why quote me on something someone else you claim did and bring it up to me?

it was part of the conversation, If I want to attribute something to you directly, I will.

That isn't what he said.

Its a whole bunch of I didnt say, I didnt mean, it's not going on in this thread when I'm only talking about what the result would be if this is true.

Donald Trump won his sweeping electoral victory on the backs of white working class voters, who were frustrated with Washington politics and believed that a drastic change would make their lives better. Unfortunately, in an entirely predictable turn of events, it appears their lives are about to get much worse.

Tom Bonier, the CEO of the polling firm TargetSmart, noted on Twitter that one of the first of many regulations that Trump and House Republicans are looking to repeal will be President Obama’s hard-fought rule that ensures time-and-a-half overtime pay for workers making less than $47,000 a year.

tuff shit. we won you lost. live with it

All I see is an attempt to blame Trump for something that hasn't even happened yet. It is merely an attempt by a President to dictate the wages that private companies pay their employees and that is not in his job description.

The drivers of the ObamaEconomy: Unemployment, food stamps and part time work

Try putting that on someones plate when they get hungry from not receiving time and a half. Essentially this is so indefensible the only option you have is to complain about liberals and ignore that liberals arent the only people who earn time and a half pay.

And from what I read, the ruling has to do with administratvie/salaried employees.

Considering the rules hasn't gone into effect yet, how is this a pay cut?

Is that the same logic used when Increasing a budget 3% instead of a planned 5% is considered a budget cut?

All I see is an attempt to blame Trump for something that hasn't even happened yet. It is merely an attempt by a President to dictate the wages that private companies pay their employees and that is not in his job description.

No one blamed Trump because again it says he is SET to do it. Not that he HAS done it. But if its in his plan to do it dont you believe that plan is not a good plan for those who rely on time and a half overtime?

I mean is time and a half bad now?

And from what I read, the ruling has to do with administratvie/salaried employees.

Considering the rules hasn't gone into effect yet, how is this a pay cut?

Is that the same logic used when Increasing a budget 3% instead of a planned 5% is considered a budget cut?

Yes. To be fair there has been some real issues with some positions being labelled "management" that clearly are not the case. My Construction Inspectors recently became "non-exempt" or eligible for time and a half, and I think that was the right move.

However, raising the minimum to $47k, while making sense in places like NY, does not make sense in more rural areas.

You know, this is regarding salaried employees, right? And a judge put an injunction on Obama's directive. He once again tried to legislate with his pen.
The drivers of the ObamaEconomy: Unemployment, food stamps and part time work

Try putting that on someones plate when they get hungry from not receiving time and a half. Essentially this is so indefensible the only option you have is to complain about liberals and ignore that liberals arent the only people who earn time and a half pay.

Forum List

Back