Minneapolis disbands police!!!

Bad idea. Defunding police is the only police reform Americans don’t like...just wait until they are completely dismantled...

Nobody is dumb enough to just do away with the police there will be a transition to a new operation that will also be police and social workers and god-knows-what.better than we have now and a lot safer for blacks. On the other hand the Republican base is dumb enough to believe the Democrats wants to just do away with the police without putting something in to replace them. You brainwashed functional morons are totally misinformed as always.
Social workers can’t even get CYFD right. They sure as hell aren’t going to do “ policing” right.
According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, more than half of those that make it into the criminal justice system have serious mental health problems. Possibly part of police training might be a year of mental health education including deescalation techniques. Giving police tools in additional to guns and clubs may prove to be very effective. To enact major changes in the way we do policing is going to take a lot of trial and error. I seriously doubt the public and tax payers are going to be that supportive because defunding the police does not equate spending less money to protect the community. It will cost more not less.

Bad idea. Defunding police is the only police reform Americans don’t like...just wait until they are completely dismantled...

Nobody is dumb enough to just do away with the police there will be a transition to a new operation that will also be police and social workers and god-knows-what.better than we have now and a lot safer for blacks. On the other hand the Republican base is dumb enough to believe the Democrats wants to just do away with the police without putting something in to replace them. You brainwashed functional morons are totally misinformed as always.
Social workers can’t even get CYFD right. They sure as hell aren’t going to do “ policing” right.
According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, more than half of those that make it into the criminal justice system have serious mental health problems. Possibly part of police training might be a year of mental health education including deescalation techniques. Giving police tools in additional to guns and clubs may prove to be very effective. To enact major changes in the way we do policing is going to take a lot of trial and error. I seriously doubt the public and tax payers are going to be that supportive because defunding the police does not equate spending less money to protect the community. It will cost more not less.
..who's paying for the education??
..then when the criminal ATTACKS the cop---what good is the education??

real dumbasses
LOL..well..this is the first step in a long process that ends with an election...so lay the cards on the table..and let the people who live there decide.
This could be a federal matter, the president swore an oath to protect the country from enemy's foreign and left wing (domestic)

..did you not read what you posted??!!
look at the word '''serious''---!!!!! YES YES YES YES --and you think police or ''community social workers''' can handle THAT?? handle it in a ''quick''/non violent way--ALL the time?

real dumbasses
Real distortion of facts. Police are not going anywhere. Community Service professions; ie. society workers and mental health professionals are being added. 95% of all for police assistance calls are not for serious crime, or even crimes at all, typically mental health issues, dispute with neighbors, pet related issues, domestic disputes, missing persons, missing property, home accidents, etc. These are issues that community service professionals are trained to handle and police are not. When police are sent in with weapons drawn, non-crime related problems often become crimes and often with tragic results. This approach has proven effective in many places. It should be tried in the US.
I'm not rejecting the idea...i think that a public service component to Law Enforcement is a good idea.
As a team though.....maybe we should form LEA/Community service teams--for most things.

This is America..and someday...5 or 6 people will get guns and a plan to take the money, what then? Will the response time for police in a real emergency be slowed by the addition of another chain of command?

When non-professionals confront real bad guys...the results can also be tragic.

Our police need a hard reset...not a shutdown
I don't know and no else knows. We need to try something a bit different like responding to the needs of the community but keeping our police for when they are really needed.
and yet tie their hands when they have to respond?....
There are many non-lethal means of subduing a perp. If politicians outlaw some, industry will come up new ones. They always have. Deescalation training and understanding the mental state of a perp can be very helpful but that takes training and experience.
Well, chokeholds are non lethal if done correctly, so why not just encourage them and provide proper training to cops on how to do them safely? Problem solved.

real dumbasses
Real distortion of facts. Police are not going anywhere. Community Service professions; ie. society workers and mental health professionals are being added. 95% of all for police assistance calls are not for serious crime, or even crimes at all, typically mental health issues, dispute with neighbors, pet related issues, domestic disputes, missing persons, missing property, home accidents, etc. These are issues that community service professionals are trained to handle and police are not. When police are sent in with weapons drawn, non-crime related problems often become crimes and often with tragic results. This approach has proven effective in many places. It should be tried in the US.
I'm not rejecting the idea...i think that a public service component to Law Enforcement is a good idea.
As a team though.....maybe we should form LEA/Community service teams--for most things.

This is America..and someday...5 or 6 people will get guns and a plan to take the money, what then? Will the response time for police in a real emergency be slowed by the addition of another chain of command?

I don't know and no else knows. We need to try something a bit different like responding to the needs of the community but keeping our police for when they are really needed.
There are many non-lethal means of subduing a perp. If politicians outlaw some, industry will come up new ones. They always have. Deescalation training and understanding the mental state of a perp can be very helpful but that takes training and experience.
Well, chokeholds are non lethal if done correctly, so why not just encourage them and provide proper training to cops on how to do them safely? Problem solved.
..like I said, you can train until you're dead, and there will still be problems...
..experts in their fields ''kill'' hundreds because of human error [ pilots and the military ]
...these are dynamic situations and many, many can be totally different...
..also, like combat, you can train and train--but it's not the real thing
etc

real dumbasses

and the minute a resister is violent the bullshit will start about how bad the cops handled it.....

real dumbasses

..like I said, you can train until you're dead, and there will still be problems...
..experts in their fields ''kill'' hundreds because of human error [ pilots and the military ]
...these are dynamic situations and many, many can be totally different...
..also, like combat, you can train and train--but it's not the real thing
etc
No, proper training can prevent lots of unfortunate outcomes. For example, the police in Atlanta who ended up shooting Rayshard Brooks treated him like a guy who had just had one too many instead of as a violent felon who was out on probation and would go back to prison if he got a DUI. The idiot mayor and idiot police chief in Atlanta trained the cops to be sensitive to the community above training on how to make a clean, safe arrest of a potentially violent criminal. Those cops did what the mayor and police chief wanted them to do. They were friendly, courteous and incredibly patient while Brooks tried to bullshit his way out of getting a DUI, and the result was an officer was injured and Brooks is dead.

Properly trained cops understand that it is unsafe to allow the subject to ever believe he is control of the situation, as these two cops did when they allowed Brooks to try to talk his way out of the arrest, and knowing his history and that he was on probation, properly trained cops would have drawn their weapons, ordered him to the ground, immobilized his body before cuffing him. Training is everything, but the kind of training the cops in Atlanta got is just downright dangerous for everyone, and now we have Democratic politicians all over the country saying all cops should be trained just as the Atlanta cops were.

real dumbasses

...like I said, you can train until you are dead--and there will STILL be problems--per my previous posts

---understanding the mental state of the perp????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????!!!!!!!
.....WOOOOOOHHHOOOOOO----NO--NO ONE can understand what's in the other person's mind---especially criminals who DON'T think like a normal rational person
..takes experience?????!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess the cops will have to go to psych class and then do an internship for TEN years???!!
..you think you can get enough experience in ONE year in dealing with criminals/druggies/psychos/etc??? = that's ludicrous---ludicrous

..so the cops have to have PHDs in psychology???!!!
no--we don't have the time or $$$$$-----if the criminal is violent, tough shit---if he gets hurt--

--we should think about protecting the community and not LIFE long criminals--a lot of these jackasses have done this shit more than once--how many chances do they get

FK THEM
Recidivism is over 50% at 10 years after prison and nearly 60% over a lifetime. Prisons have 3 primary purposes and they fail all three; protecting the community, punishing the criminal so he will not repeat his crimes, and rehabilitating the criminal.

real dumbasses

...like I said, you can train until you are dead--and there will STILL be problems--per my previous posts

---understanding the mental state of the perp????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????!!!!!!!
.....WOOOOOOHHHOOOOOO----NO--NO ONE can understand what's in the other person's mind---especially criminals who DON'T think like a normal rational person
..takes experience?????!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess the cops will have to go to psych class and then do an internship for TEN years???!!
..you think you can get enough experience in ONE year in dealing with criminals/druggies/psychos/etc??? = that's ludicrous---ludicrous

no--we don't have the time or $$$$$-----if the criminal is violent, tough shit---if he gets hurt--

--we should think about protecting the community and not LIFE long criminals--a lot of these jackasses have done this shit more than once--how many chances do they get

FK THEM
Recidivism is over 50% at 10 years after prison and nearly 60% over a lifetime. Prisons have 3 primary purposes and they fail all three; protecting the community, punishing the criminal so he will not repeat his crimes, and rehabilitating the criminal.
....over 30% of prisoners are black
....blacks commit crimes at HIGH rates
..blacks graduate at low rates
OBVIOUSLY--undeniably the ROOOOOT of the problem is black culture/etc--breeding criminals at high rates.....so if you really want to cut down the REAL problem [ which is not the police ] you first have to ADMIT the problem--and blacks don't want to admit that....they blame the cops/whitey/racism !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT their culture

The same people that provide police training now. Being a good cop today requires more training and brains than brawn. About 30% of new cops today have a 4 year degree in addition to police academy training. At least one study shows that a college degree significantly reduces the likelihood that officers will use force as their first option to gain compliance. The study also discovered evidence of educated officers demonstrating greater levels of creativity and problem-solving skills.

The same people that provide police training now. Being a good cop today requires more training and brains than brawn. About 30% of new cops today have a 4 year degree in addition to police academy training. At least one study shows that a college degree significantly reduces the likelihood that officers will use force as their first option to gain compliance. The study also discovered evidence of educated officers demonstrating greater levels of creativity and problem-solving skills.
...pilots are a lot smarter---and they ''kill'' hundreds ..I've said it before, it doesn't matter how smart you are--
....so, what all the left and blacks are saying is, when the cops want to arrest someone, and the criminal says NO, you should just let the criminal go

real dumbasses

FK THEM
OBVIOUSLY--undeniably the ROOOOOT of the problem is black culture/etc--breeding criminals at high rates.....so if you really want to cut down the REAL problem [ which is not the police ] you first have to ADMIT the problem--and blacks don't want to admit that....they blame the cops/whitey/racism !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT their culture
We know that Blacks are more likely to be arrested and convicted than Whites but do Blacks actually commit a disproportional higher number of crimes than Whites? My answer would be a qualified yes. Although they commit more crimes it may well be a lot less than the statistics show? If a police officer believes Blacks are more likely to commit a crime, they will tend to focus on Blacks and arrest more Blacks. In other words, people tend find what they are looking for more often than what they are not looking for. This is where the officer's propensity toward racism comes into play. A cop is watching a liquor store and seeing a white man and black man rushing out of the store going opposite directions and he hears the burglar alarm. Does he chase the black guy or white guy? Chances are he will chase the black guy because the odds will be in his favor. So he's right and the black guy did it. So now his knowledge that blacks commit more crimes than whites is confirmed. So the next time he sees a robbery, he is even more likely to chase the black guy. Thus his belief that blacks are more likely to commit crimes becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. Eventually, he only looks for Blacks because his knowledge and experience tells him the black guy did it.

Last edited:
real dumbasses

FK THEM
We know that Blacks are more likely to be arrested and convicted than Whites but do Blacks actually commit a disproportional higher number of crimes than Whites? My answer would be a qualified yes. Although they commit more crimes it may well be a lot less than the statistics show? If a police officer believes Blacks are more likely to commit a crime, they will tend to focus on Blacks and arrest more Blacks. In other words, people tend find what they are looking for more often than what they are not looking for.
wrong!!!
jesus christ!!! the FACTS say you are wrong.....
it's not arrests--it's convictions.....
so these stats in the link below are false/skewed?
....so not only are the cops racist but also the judges and juries?
..the cops usually are not sitting at the donut table and say ''let's go get us a n****r'''---they are CALLED to the crimes....
and Mr Jackass Floyd committed a crime before

People need to relax a bit with the sheer dumbfuckery. I am not a proponent of this action, but here is a newsflash: this does not mean that Minneapolis will not have armed police.

95% of police calls are not criminal or violence. They just turn out that way as cops are overly aggressive and militarized even now. When you have the worst inequality ever anywhere and hopelessness there is a lot of problems of all kinds and police are not trained to handle most of them. Of course we need to reform our society after 30 years of giveaway to the rich GOP tax rates.

If Minneapolis disbands the police doesn't this mean police oversight is removed from city officials and allows the publicly elected county sheriff to perform his law enforcement duties simply as he sees fit? Reading stories of how some mayors have held back police use of force, it seems to me that this may be another reason for the folks up there to be careful for what they wish for.

/———/ No one saw this coming.
Several Minneapolis City Council members who have received death threats following their calls to defund the police after the death of George Floyd have been assigned private security details.
Minneapolis council members calling to defund police spend $63G on private security details after receiving death threats

Forum List

Back