Miracle Drug Causes 75% Reduction in PTSD Symptoms

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009
Guess Which Miracle Drug Causes 75% Reduction in PTSD Symptoms? (Hint: It's Federally Illegal)
By Phillip Smith

<snip>

New clinical research suggests there is something that can help: Marijuana. Yep, you read that right. The Journal of Psychoactive Drugs this week published results from a New Mexico study that found patients reported an average 75% reduction in all three areas of PTSD symptoms while using marijuana.

Patients in the study all met the diagnostic criteria for PTSD and were symptomatic. When they used marijuana, they reported significant relief from PTSD symptoms, as well as a lack of harm or problems functioning because of marijuana use. The study used a standard PTSD evaluation tool to rate the frequency and intensity of symptoms.

<snip>

My guess is; Conservatives will continue to tell our tortured veterans to GFY.

So.....stressed out people smoke pot and get mellow. You needed a study to tell you this?

Good, you agree with the study - what do you think the conservatives/Republicans will do with this study? Will Republicans/conservatives demand more studies be done or-----or will they get off their lazy legislative asses and legalize marijuana? Will conservatives/Republicans continue to allow our veterans to suffer or...?

Guess Which Miracle Drug Causes 75% Reduction in PTSD Symptoms? (Hint: It's Federally Illegal)
By Phillip Smith

<snip>

New clinical research suggests there is something that can help: Marijuana. Yep, you read that right. The Journal of Psychoactive Drugs this week published results from a New Mexico study that found patients reported an average 75% reduction in all three areas of PTSD symptoms while using marijuana.

Patients in the study all met the diagnostic criteria for PTSD and were symptomatic. When they used marijuana, they reported significant relief from PTSD symptoms, as well as a lack of harm or problems functioning because of marijuana use. The study used a standard PTSD evaluation tool to rate the frequency and intensity of symptoms.

<snip>

I certainly don't question the results from this study but it must be said that marijuana is still an addictive (albeit slightly) drug. Dependence would likely keep any PTSD sufferer from actually confronting his trauma. Alleviating symptoms only does so much.

By Phillip Smith

<snip>

<snip>

I certainly don't question the results from this study but it must be said that marijuana is still an addictive (albeit slightly) drug. Dependence would likely keep any PTSD sufferer from actually confronting his trauma. Alleviating symptoms only does so much.
only to those with an addictive personality.....otherwise it is not ......certainly not physical....

By Phillip Smith

<snip>

<snip>

only to those with an addictive personality.....otherwise it is not ......certainly not physical....
I think any long term use is going to create dependence and addiction in most people. I disagree that there isn't a physical addictive component. As a pot head trying to kick the habit, I can tell you the irritability from withdrawal is very real

By Phillip Smith

<snip>

<snip>

LOL I knew it! I read the title and said to myself... "Oh look! Another "Pot Cures All" thread... .

Marijuana works. So does heroin and meth. Bath salts works real good. Forget everything.

In fact keeping everyone sedated and not have a thing to think about.

As a pot head trying to kick the habit, I can tell you the irritability from withdrawal is very real

That's a mental addiction, not a physical one.
So you agree tobacco cigarettes aren't addictive at all.
I think nicotine actually is physically addictive. But with truly addictive substances like alcohol or heroin, the withdrawal alone can kill a person. That's why they give the alcoholic smaller and smaller amounts of alcohol, and the heroin addict methadone, to wean them off slowly.

As a pot head trying to kick the habit, I can tell you the irritability from withdrawal is very real

It's a physiological response. The brain is coming down from the boost of dopamine which makes a person depressed/irritable.

And? If that's the extent of the criteria you use then I could just as easily say that being a spoiled kid is a physical addiction. There are all kinds of neuro-chemical responses that occur when a spoiled kid is deprived of getting their way.

It's a physiological response. The brain is coming down from the boost of dopamine which makes a person depressed/irritable.

And? If that's the extent of the criteria you use then I could just as easily say that being a spoiled kid is a physical addiction. There are all kinds of neuro-chemical responses that occur when a spoiled kid is deprived of getting their way.
The mechanism works the same way with any illicit substance. The only thing that varies is the degree of the dopamine boost. Meth and cocaine are just much more powerful. Granted aside from that those drugs have other withdrawal side effects that weed doesn't but the dopamine rush and subsequent crash is a characteristic of any drug. That is what makes any drug addicting.

The mechanism works the same way with any illicit substance. The only thing that varies is the degree of the dopamine boost. Meth and cocaine are just much more powerful. Granted aside from that those drugs have other withdrawal side effects that weed doesn't but the dopamine rush and subsequent crash is a characteristic of any drug. That is what makes any drug addicting.
No. Certain drugs are PHYSICALLY addicting. When you suddenly stop using them, your body literally turns on you. What you are describing is psychological withdrawal, a simple mental yearning for the drug.

By Phillip Smith

<snip>

<snip>

I think any long term use is going to create dependence and addiction in most people. I disagree that there isn't a physical addictive component. As a pot head trying to kick the habit, I can tell you the irritability from withdrawal is very real
i smoked for 30 years....and when it got to be a pain in the ass to get it....i quit....only had urges every now and then which got further and further apart....but physically no problems.....its all mental....

No. Certain drugs are PHYSICALLY addicting. When you suddenly stop using them, your body literally turns on you. What you are describing is psychological withdrawal, a simple mental yearning for the drug.
i agree.....there have been study after study saying pot is not physically addictive....but can be mentally addictive....in some more than others...

Forum List

Back