Miss America dips her toe into controversial reign

Texas Ivana Hall

North%20Texas.jpg

Pretty!

yep.
and I like Virginia very much - THE SMILE

There is nothing wrong with admiring someone's beauty as long as we do not objectify them.

There is nothing wrong with admiring someone's beauty as long as we do not objectify them.

I think we're objectifying them by definition. I don't terrible about it, but I don't want to overly engage in it either.

I think we're objectifying them by definition. I don't terrible about it, but I don't want to overly engage in it either.

what happened with just plain esthetics? what's wrong with having pleasure viewing beautiful women, or men, or elderly, or kids, or PETS :D

I was initially going to post this in education section of this board because Miss America is primarily an education scholarship endeavor for girls.

I was initially going to post this in education section of this board because Miss America is primarily an education scholarship endeavor for girls.

I don't think many go there :)

I checked the previous year and I picked this girl not only because she is beautiful, but because she is BRAVE - how many will shave their head to participate in a pageant?

well, she did to promote treatments and care for children with cancer :clap2:

Debbe Jo Ebben from Alaska :clap2:

Chugiak_Eagle%20River.jpg

I don't care about her ethnicity, but in pictures I've seen she looks a little pudgy. Apparently she lost weight, but I still think she's kind of fat. Now, I struggle to keep my weight under control, too, so I understand how challenging that can be. But if you're going to be Miss America I think you should have it under control and keep it under control. Not sure if she'll succeed at that.

I'm sure she'd be devastated to hear that you might not be interested in getting it on with her because she doesn't meet your standards.

She represents America, that's the point. She needs to stay in shape.

By the way, the thought of getting it on with her makes me want to puke. I'm a straight woman. :)

LOL. And as a straight man, I doubt that I would kick any of the ladies out of bed for eating crackers.

And I like my women kind of Reubenesque.

I'm sure she'd be devastated to hear that you might not be interested in getting it on with her because she doesn't meet your standards.

She represents America, that's the point. She needs to stay in shape.

By the way, the thought of getting it on with her makes me want to puke. I'm a straight woman. :)

LOL. And as a straight man, I doubt that I would kick any of the ladies out of bed for eating crackers.

And I like my women kind of Reubenesque.

I have been fighting Reubenesque my entire adult life, usually winning, but sometimes not.

Having been both Reubenesque and slender, I can tell you that being slender feels just awesome. I will never give up the battle to keep my weight down in a healthy range.

But when things get out of control, I have always appreciated men like you, who can appreciate the more Rubenesque physique. God Bless You! :)

Forum List

Back