Miss. Senator Hyde-Smith Posts Photo Wearing Confederate Hat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Markle :

i know you are one of them thar poorly educated deplorables that trump loves long time, but a 2 second google research could open you up to all kinds of fact learnin'.... i know, i know - you are the lazy sort, so i'll do it for you just this once.

texas revisionist history - Google Search

now, go ahead & place the very much expected 'smile' emoji you will no doubt place as a reply to this post- because well.... it's what you all do when you really have no retort.
I get about 5 times more of those than I get replies to my post. Apparently all you dumbass snowflakes are terrified to respond to me.

delusional thinking suits you well.

Markle :

i know you are one of them thar poorly educated deplorables that trump loves long time, but a 2 second google research could open you up to all kinds of fact learnin'.... i know, i know - you are the lazy sort, so i'll do it for you just this once.

now, go ahead & place the very much expected 'smile' emoji you will no doubt place as a reply to this post- because well.... it's what you all do when you really have no retort.

I post the laughing emoji because you're just funny. Who are you kidding, you can find anything you like on the internet and, since it's on the internet, it must be true.

democratic revisionist history - Bing

lol.....ummmm.... unlike what you just did - i never post any biased links ever. there were plenty of unbiased credible links to choose from, including a texas newspaper.

nice try, doesn't fly though, jr.

No biased links ever? Says one who posts this picture. :laughing0301:

bbb.jpg

Markle :

I post the laughing emoji because you're just funny. Who are you kidding, you can find anything you like on the internet and, since it's on the internet, it must be true.

lol.....ummmm.... unlike what you just did - i never post any biased links ever. there were plenty of unbiased credible links to choose from, including a texas newspaper.

bbb.jpg

hey - here's a hint, when you are trying to make a point- try making sense first.

& uh - i never post an article from a biased link from anywhere.

no huffpo, no MSNBC, no democratic underground, none. just like i don't accept anything from FOX, gateway pundit, breitbart, american thinker....

comprende?

Markle :

I get about 5 times more of those than I get replies to my post. Apparently all you dumbass snowflakes are terrified to respond to me.

How is that "delusional?" You're the one who just said "it's what you all do when you really have no retort."

So-fucking-what? You liberals keep proving how weak-minded you are by virtue of the fact that you let a Confederate symbol control your emotions to such a degree. My god, you're too arrogant to realize that you've made yourselves into mental slaves over the Confederate flag, representing a country that hasn't existed in 150 years. And you're still pussy-hurt over it.

Markle :

bbb.jpg

hey - here's a hint, when you are trying to make a point- try making sense first.

no huffpo, no MSNBC, no democratic underground, none. just like i don't accept anything from FOX, gateway pundit, breitbart, american thinker....

comprende?
There is no such thing as "unbiased links."

I've never in my life given the Confederate flag or the Confederacy a second thought, to me the whole matter is over and done with and has been for several generations. But with the liberals' raging, sobbing obsession over it, the Confederacy truly OWNS them deep down in their secret places they don't talk about at parties. I'm utterly indifferent to the Confederacy, I never gave a shit; liberals are the ones with the nightmare-obsession over it. Now over whom do you think the CSA has more power, myself or vegeance-driven liberals obsessed over any historical trace of it remaining?

I'm not the one obsessed with destroying a country that was already destroyed 150 years ago. These liberals sound like the ultimate Civil War psychopath Willian T. Sherman, who still wanted to punish/torture the South even after they surrendered. Which was just an excuse for him to exercise his murderous, sadistic, mindless destruction. Sherman's own men hated that criminal fuck even more than they hated their Confederate enemies, if you really read into the subject.

Last edited:
Markle :

bbb.jpg

comprende?

It makes "sense" that the only reason your girl lost the election, was because of "Russian money"?

:21:

It means that very few blacks run as republicans.

ONly a real piece of shit, could spend a lifetime race baiting minorities about how evul and racist the GOP is,

and then point to the lack of minorities in the GOP as something the GOP did wrong.

You are a fucking asshole.
Interesting claim

So, few blacks run as Republicans
Republicans have had a hundred years to adopt policies that appeal to minorities and have failed to do it

That is an interesting claim. And even if it were true, it is not racism, to fail tot appeal to someone. So, if that is all it is, then your constant race baiting, makes you an asshole. As I have pointed out many times.

BUT we have plenty of policies that appeal to significant percentages of blacks.

Don't believe me? Ask a pro-life black how he or she can support the party that support "killing babies".

The block voting by blacks, is not driven by polices. Hell, Mac talks about that all the time.

You believe that blacks are incapable of realizing that Republicans do not represent their best interests?

In fact, no minorities favor Republican policies

1. I believe that any group, targeted with enough lies, can be lied to. That you lied about what I said, to make it "Racist" ironically just proved my point, you race baiting piece of shit.

2. Plenty of minorities favor republican polices. Like I said, ask a pro-life black to explain her support of the pro-abortion party.

You liberals have to lie, because you can't afford to lose those minorities.

The policies is not what stops black folk from voting Republican, many black people hold some conservative values, it's the racist attitude and feeling of superiority that Republicans have that turns black folks away from them.

RW is the one that said it was policies, not me, so take it up with him.

"Racist attitude" my ass. YOu are a vile liar.

'Mississippi history at its best!' — GOP Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith wore Confederate cap in Facebook post

When you are in a run-off election down in Mississippi against a black guy, its best to go full Confederate. Personally, I don't care if a republican candidate wants to wrap herself in the confederate flag and opine about how great the Confederacy was -- I just wish someone would tell them that its the Democrats who are the party of the confederacy, duh!

From the article: Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith smilingly posed for a photo in 2014 while wearing a Confederate cap and holding a rifle, then put the image on her Facebook page with the words "Mississippi history at its best!" <<-- Was the confederacy really the time when Mississippi was at its finest? I would assume a significant portion of the population would disagree with that.

"That image, taken at a Mississippi museum, resurfaced Tuesday as AT&T, Leidos and Walmart joined two other companies, Union Pacific and Boston Scientific, in asking Hyde-Smith, a Republican, to return campaign contributions because of controversy over her recent jest about being willing to attend a public "hanging."

Now like I said, its not big deal to me if a republican wants to go full confederate, I would have expected to see the Democrats do it first tho, since they are still the party that most supports the Confederate cause -- however, I fully expect for Hyde-Smith to win her run-off against the former Democrat klan leader, Mike Espy.

The Confederate Flag or the Battle Flag of Robert E. Lee?

There is a damn difference!

'Mississippi history at its best!' — GOP Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith wore Confederate cap in Facebook post

When you are in a run-off election down in Mississippi against a black guy, its best to go full Confederate. Personally, I don't care if a republican candidate wants to wrap herself in the confederate flag and opine about how great the Confederacy was -- I just wish someone would tell them that its the Democrats who are the party of the confederacy, duh!

From the article: Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith smilingly posed for a photo in 2014 while wearing a Confederate cap and holding a rifle, then put the image on her Facebook page with the words "Mississippi history at its best!" <<-- Was the confederacy really the time when Mississippi was at its finest? I would assume a significant portion of the population would disagree with that.

"That image, taken at a Mississippi museum, resurfaced Tuesday as AT&T, Leidos and Walmart joined two other companies, Union Pacific and Boston Scientific, in asking Hyde-Smith, a Republican, to return campaign contributions because of controversy over her recent jest about being willing to attend a public "hanging."

Now like I said, its not big deal to me if a republican wants to go full confederate, I would have expected to see the Democrats do it first tho, since they are still the party that most supports the Confederate cause -- however, I fully expect for Hyde-Smith to win her run-off against the former Democrat klan leader, Mike Espy.

The Confederacy has long since morphed from a partisan political issue to a general regional pride.

As you should well know.

fb57aacb.jpg

The thing is the Flag on the Car is the Battle Flag of General Lee and that is why they called the car the General Lee.

The Battle Flag was part of the Confederate Flag later on but that flag itself was never the Confederate Flag that was flown.

ONly a real piece of shit, could spend a lifetime race baiting minorities about how evul and racist the GOP is,

and then point to the lack of minorities in the GOP as something the GOP did wrong.

Interesting claim

So, few blacks run as Republicans
Republicans have had a hundred years to adopt policies that appeal to minorities and have failed to do it

That is an interesting claim. And even if it were true, it is not racism, to fail tot appeal to someone. So, if that is all it is, then your constant race baiting, makes you an asshole. As I have pointed out many times.

BUT we have plenty of policies that appeal to significant percentages of blacks.

Don't believe me? Ask a pro-life black how he or she can support the party that support "killing babies".

The block voting by blacks, is not driven by polices. Hell, Mac talks about that all the time.

You believe that blacks are incapable of realizing that Republicans do not represent their best interests?

In fact, no minorities favor Republican policies

1. I believe that any group, targeted with enough lies, can be lied to. That you lied about what I said, to make it "Racist" ironically just proved my point, you race baiting piece of shit.

2. Plenty of minorities favor republican polices. Like I said, ask a pro-life black to explain her support of the pro-abortion party.

You liberals have to lie, because you can't afford to lose those minorities.
Very few minorities favor Republicans

Republicans will laugh it off as they only do it because Democrats give them free stuff

But highly educated and well off minorities like Asians and Indians are also repulsed by GOP policies

.1. As I said, any group targeted with enough lies can be lied to. YOu lied about what I said, to claim that I was calling blacks stupid. Ironically that proved my point about what filthy race baiting liars you libs are.

You did nothing to counter that, or address it in any fashion. I will take that as the closest to an admission of guilt a lib can do.

2. Plenty of minorities agree with republican policies. I gave the example of pro-life blacks. Your response to this was to claim that minorities are repulsed by GOP policies, without any examples or supporting argument.

That is you losing.

YOu are a race baiting asshole, and nearly ever post you make, demonstrates my point that you liberals are race baiting assholes, and that your lies are the problem.

That's the old hag that recently got into hot water over her "I'd love to go to a lynching with you..." statements the other day.

A lynching, or a hanging?
She never said either. She said that she held someone in such high regard that if he invited her to a hanging she'd go.

Which is southern and right up there with "you're cuter than a freckle on a pink pig's snout".

So-fucking-what? You liberals keep proving how weak-minded you are by virtue of the fact that you let a Confederate symbol control your emotions to such a degree. My god, you're too arrogant to realize that you've made yourselves into mental slaves over the Confederate flag, representing a country that hasn't existed in 150 years. And you're still pussy-hurt over it.
They are hurt because underneath it all they know the South was right.

A party with very few blacks members, electing very few black Politicians to office, is not a sign of racial antagonism, as the fucking lefties are claiming in this thread.
Tell us more
Eight blacks in the last hundred years

Does that mean Republicans could find no qualified blacks and the only ones qualified were white, male Christians?

The GOP made a conscious decision to break the solid south by appealing to white southern democrats which was not hard. Democratic leadership in the Whitehouse got the civil rights and the voting act passed which would destroy segregation and promised to put blacks in control in many areas. To southern democrats it was the civil war all over again with the North tramping all over states rights and their way life.

Picking up the banner of states rights was easy for the GOP which was becoming increasing conservative. In less than 20 years, the solid blue south had become the solid red south as year by year more democrats deserted the party, first in national elections and then in local elections.

Today the South is red and southern democrats are most black, a far cry from the party of early 20th century.

You imply that the GOP appealed to the White Southern Democrats with racist policies, and became racist as it won the South.

Support that by explaining what racist policies.
I wouldn't put it in those words. Republicans just emphasized their support for States Rights which was the white southern democrats defense against forced integration. They criticized the forced busing, called out black demonstrators as communist agitators, supported the White Citizens Council, and condemned the use of federal troops and marshals to force integration in schools. When federal welfare dollars started pouring into the pockets of blacks in the South, Republicans joined white southern democrats in condemning federal aid programs.

No, the GOP didn't carry burning crosses in streets. They just promoted policies that attracted white southern democrats and repelled southern blacks. Today, the democratic party party in the South is primarily black and the republican party is overwhelmingly white. Of course there's no racism involved.

President Nixon who, according to the left, is the one the invented the "Southern Strategy" was the President that desegregated most of the Southern Schools and enforced busing.

The closest he came to "promoting a policy" to attract southern democrats, was to implement the polices as fast as possible, so that it would be moot by the time of the mid terms.

Racist, or at least people who voted based on their racist agenda, were marginalized, and rendered irrelevant.

Politics in the SOuth, at least with White Southerns, realigned based on other factors, as the racist political alliance of the dems feel apart.

And yes, there was no racism involved in that. The old school racists stayed with the dems until they died off.

Your view on what happened clashes with the historical record.

For generations before and after that, the Confederate Flag was seen as a harmless symbol of regional pride, as demonstrated by the nation wide success of the Confederate Flag "flying" Duke Boys.
The Confederate flag all but disappeared until the battle against school desegregation and civil rights resurrected it. Correll would like to pretend those things never happened in the Cracker South and would like to pretend the flag of the army of Northern Virginia was not used as a rallying symbol for those resisting the 20th century.

What do you base your claim on that the Confederate Flag had all but disappeared?

How do you know what was popular to fly or wear in say, 1910 Virginia? Where do you get this stuff?

The GOP supported the bill overwhelmingly even more than the dems did.
Northerners supported the bill. Cracker Southerners opposed it. Much the same as the campaign to repeal Section 4 of the Voting Rights Act. Cracker Southerners campaigned to remove the Section, that they happened to be Republican this time made no difference to their Cracker Southernism whatsoever.

Your racism is noted and held against you.

YOur pretense that nothing has changed in the last 50 years is noted and laughed at.

They are hurt because underneath it all they know the South was right.

Well, I generally look at the Civil War from a pretty neutral, detached perspective (and I'm a distant descendant of the South's Gen. or Col. John Early, according to my parents years of geneological study). I don't believe either side was a an innocent saint and I think both sides had legitimate grievances against the other. I'm just sorry it came to such a bloody war and it couldn't be resolved in a better way. But oh well, what's done is done. It's simply a part of history to me. I just don't see the point in attaching intense personal emotional to things long gone by that are long-settled.

That's why I've always seen the Confederate flag as simply a traditional historical footnote, not some threat of hatred or violence against anyone.

Last edited:
A party with very few blacks members, electing very few black Politicians to office, is not a sign of racial antagonism, as the fucking lefties are claiming in this thread.
What is it a sign of?

It is a sign of having very few black members.

If the GOP were to every say, break the hold the dems have on the pro-life black voters, and the numbers of blacks in the gop increased dramatically,

in a few years, I'm sure you would see the number of black gop candidates increase dramatically also.

Markle :

How is that "delusional?" You're the one who just said "it's what you all do when you really have no retort."

i crossed paths with you on this board enough times to know just how delusional you are. cases in point: at least one thread where you basically were saying coal jobs [ that are coming back] will not adversely affect the areas either environmentally nor healthwise.

then of course is that whole 'there's no russian collusion because collusion isn't a legal term' line of crap you've said over & over & over as if repeating it will make it true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back