Miss. Senator Hyde-Smith Posts Photo Wearing Confederate Hat

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the old hag that recently got into hot water over her "I'd love to go to a lynching with you..." statements the other day.

Liar!

Roosevelt-S.jpg

'Mississippi history at its best!' — GOP Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith wore Confederate cap in Facebook post

When you are in a run-off election down in Mississippi against a black guy, its best to go full Confederate. Personally, I don't care if a republican candidate wants to wrap herself in the confederate flag and opine about how great the Confederacy was -- I just wish someone would tell them that its the Democrats who are the party of the confederacy, duh!

From the article: Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith smilingly posed for a photo in 2014 while wearing a Confederate cap and holding a rifle, then put the image on her Facebook page with the words "Mississippi history at its best!" <<-- Was the confederacy really the time when Mississippi was at its finest? I would assume a significant portion of the population would disagree with that.

"That image, taken at a Mississippi museum, resurfaced Tuesday as AT&T, Leidos and Walmart joined two other companies, Union Pacific and Boston Scientific, in asking Hyde-Smith, a Republican, to return campaign contributions because of controversy over her recent jest about being willing to attend a public "hanging."

Now like I said, its not big deal to me if a republican wants to go full confederate, I would have expected to see the Democrats do it first tho, since they are still the party that most supports the Confederate cause -- however, I fully expect for Hyde-Smith to win her run-off against the former Democrat klan leader, Mike Espy.
You know what's funny? You can't find the photo of her wearing the offending hat.

It was more exciting before I learned that the photo was taken at a civil war museum and the person she was with was wearing a union hat. The photo makes more sense than the hysteria.
What is your view of the front row at a public hanging statement?

Seems like it would be a great view. Someone being hanged for raping and murdering anyone is a fitting end for them. Perhaps hold a drawing for who gets to pull the lever?

Interesting claim

So, few blacks run as Republicans
Republicans have had a hundred years to adopt policies that appeal to minorities and have failed to do it

Why should any policies be put in place that appeals only to minorities? How would that not be advancing racism, sexism, or every other sort of "ism"?

Gee. She should be drawn and quartered for having pride in her Southern heritage.

Good lord. I see stars and bars on vehicle where I live. No one but a PC idiot gives a shit.
The heritage is lynching

Vigilantism at one time flourished in many states not just the southern ones.

Whitecapping was a widespread practice of vigilante justice that expanded outward from Indiana in the late 19th century. The moniker derives from the white coverings its bandits would wear on their nocturnal rides. “In general,” writes historian Richard Maxwell Brown, “white capping was most prevalent as a sort of spontaneous movement for the moral regulation of poor whites and ne’er-do-wells of the rural American countryside.” Whitecaps favored whipping as their preferred method of punishment, and most often targeted characters who flouted community standards, such as abusive husbands, the visibly idle, licentious women, petty thieves, and drunkards.

Maxwell Brown traces the origin of Whitecaps to 1887, as partial inheritors of vigilante traditions as established by anti-horse-thief committees, and of codes of secrecy.

From 1887 to 1900, no fewer than 239 instances of whitecapping occurred, encompassing whippings, beatings, arson, lynchings, and more. Their reach also spread far and wide — Whitecaps flourished as much in Massachusetts as in Alabama, in New Mexico as much as in Iowa.

A lot of people were hanged out West.....mostly whites...by a large margin....not that many blacks out west back then.

Most of the negroes that were lynched down south were rapists or guilty of some other horrendous crime. Also white people were lynched down south.

Markle :

i know you are one of them thar poorly educated deplorables that trump loves long time, but a 2 second google research could open you up to all kinds of fact learnin'.... i know, i know - you are the lazy sort, so i'll do it for you just this once.

texas revisionist history - Google Search

now, go ahead & place the very much expected 'smile' emoji you will no doubt place as a reply to this post- because well.... it's what you all do when you really have no retort.

'Mississippi history at its best!' — GOP Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith wore Confederate cap in Facebook post

When you are in a run-off election down in Mississippi against a black guy, its best to go full Confederate. Personally, I don't care if a republican candidate wants to wrap herself in the confederate flag and opine about how great the Confederacy was -- I just wish someone would tell them that its the Democrats who are the party of the confederacy, duh!

From the article: Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith smilingly posed for a photo in 2014 while wearing a Confederate cap and holding a rifle, then put the image on her Facebook page with the words "Mississippi history at its best!" <<-- Was the confederacy really the time when Mississippi was at its finest? I would assume a significant portion of the population would disagree with that.

"That image, taken at a Mississippi museum, resurfaced Tuesday as AT&T, Leidos and Walmart joined two other companies, Union Pacific and Boston Scientific, in asking Hyde-Smith, a Republican, to return campaign contributions because of controversy over her recent jest about being willing to attend a public "hanging."

Now like I said, its not big deal to me if a republican wants to go full confederate, I would have expected to see the Democrats do it first tho, since they are still the party that most supports the Confederate cause -- however, I fully expect for Hyde-Smith to win her run-off against the former Democrat klan leader, Mike Espy.
So what. It’s Mississippi. I think it would be worse if she had worn a Yankees hat. :biggrin:

The University of MS's mascot us a "Rebel". You people truly need a life.

Markle :

i know you are one of them thar poorly educated deplorables that trump loves long time, but a 2 second google research could open you up to all kinds of fact learnin'.... i know, i know - you are the lazy sort, so i'll do it for you just this once.

now, go ahead & place the very much expected 'smile' emoji you will no doubt place as a reply to this post- because well.... it's what you all do when you really have no retort.

I post the laughing emoji because you're just funny. Who are you kidding, you can find anything you like on the internet and, since it's on the internet, it must be true.

democratic revisionist history - Bing

I saw nothing objectionable about the picture. Lots of nice historical relics.
Do you have a link to it?

I find nothing objectionable about the picture, the hat is probably a $10.00 Chinese-made reproduction they sell at the gift counter. I have one out in the garage somewhere.

20-cindy-confederate.w700.h700.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F181120173410-01-cindy-hyde-smith-confederate-artifacts.jpg

Screen-Shot-2018-11-20-at-1.50.06-PM.jpg

This is still the state flag of Mississippi BTW...

shutterstock_549470452.jpg

Markle :

I get about 5 times more of those than I get replies to my post. Apparently all you dumbass snowflakes are terrified to respond to me.

I saw nothing objectionable about the picture. Lots of nice historical relics.
Do you have a link to it?

I find nothing objectionable about the picture, the hat is probably a $10.00 Chinese-made reproduction they sell at the gift counter. I have one out in the garage somewhere.

20-cindy-confederate.w700.h700.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F181120173410-01-cindy-hyde-smith-confederate-artifacts.jpg

Screen-Shot-2018-11-20-at-1.50.06-PM.jpg

This is still the state flag of Mississippi BTW...

shutterstock_549470452.jpg
Oh my, she tried on some Confederate memorabilia! The horror! Crucify her!

Markle :

I post the laughing emoji because you're just funny. Who are you kidding, you can find anything you like on the internet and, since it's on the internet, it must be true.

democratic revisionist history - Bing

lol.....ummmm.... unlike what you just did - i never post any biased links ever. there were plenty of unbiased credible links to choose from, including a texas newspaper.

nice try, doesn't fly though, jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back