Mississippi religious rights bill passed

I can't process your business permit b/c being open on the Sabbath is against my deeply held beliefs.

I can't process your business permit b/c being open on the Sabbath is against my deeply held beliefs.

My Ridgeback was deathly ill. I called for a cab to head to the vet. I had a Muslim who was desperately conflicted over taking me and Ripley in his cab and I just begged him to call another cab driver quickly to take us and he did.

Now I know being the dog person that I am that his belief that he should not have a dog anywhere around him is complete and utter bullshit and a perversion of the Quran (think Afghan hounds) but I respected his beliefs even though my Rip was having a hard go.

I didn't sue him.

Come on people. We know the game. Pick a Christian bakery instead of a secular bakery and sue their asses off and crush them.

My Ridgeback was deathly ill. I called for a cab to head to the vet. I had a Muslim who was desperately conflicted over taking me and Ripley in his cab and I just begged him to call another cab driver quickly to take us and he did.

Now I know being the dog person that I am that his belief that he should not have a dog anywhere around him is complete and utter bullshit and a perversion of the Quran (think Afghan hounds) but I respected his beliefs even though my Rip was having a hard go.

I didn't sue him.

These services are provided by the government which have nothing to with public accommodation laws.

Should a Muslim bakery be forced to participate in a LGBT wedding by baking the wedding cake? I don't think they should.

Should a LGBT bakery be forced to participate in a Christian wedding by baking the wedding cake?

Under current law the Christian can refuse service because the customer is Gay, but the Gay can't refuse service because the customer is evangelical Christian.

>>>>

I have one simple question: Why would any considerate, decent person want to force someone to do something that they knew that person would find spiritually offensive, especially when they could easily and quickly just go use a different vendor?

In every single case thus far, the gay rights nazis could have easily and quickly just found another vendor. This has nothing to do with "rights." The Constitution does not give one group of people who live a certain lifestyle the right to force another group of people who reject that lifestyle to service their ceremonies.

In most cases thus far, the gay couple has targeted known Christian vendors precisely to force them to their knees before the Rainbow Altar...

Actually in no cases have gay couples targeted Christian businesses- but they have asked business to comply with the law.

I have one simple question: Why would any considerate, decent person want to force someone to do something that they knew that person would find spiritually offensive, especially when they could easily and quickly just go use a different vendor?

In every single case thus far, the gay rights nazis could have easily and quickly just found another vendor. This has nothing to do with "rights." The Constitution does not give one group of people who live a certain lifestyle the right to force another group of people who reject that lifestyle to service their ceremonies.

In every single case thus far, the Christian nazi's could have easily just actually followed the law- instead of deciding to discriminate.

The Constitution does not say that anyone has a right to force someone else to support a ceremony that they find offensive. In America, the government is not supposed to be able to force you to support a ceremony against your will, nor punish you for declining to do so.

Tell me, does a Baptist minister have the "right" to force a gay-owned print shop to print handbills about the health risks of homosexuality? How about the "right" to force a gay photographer to photograph a seminar on the health risks of homosexuality and the immoral nature of homosexuality according to the Bible? Hey?

The Constitution also does not force you to aid and abet child abuse. .

To Silhouette- a wedding cake is child abuse........of course I did eat some wedding cakes as a kid which were so sweet they hurt my teeth.....

Should a Muslim bakery be forced to participate in a LGBT wedding by baking the wedding cake? I don't think they should.

Doesn't matter whether the bakery is Muslim or Christian or atheists- the business has to follow business law- and if it is illegal to discriminate based upon sexual orientation in your state- it is illegal. If not- it isn't.

When Muslims in America can get a settlement for being forced to drive a beer truck (which I have no problem with by the way) based on religious freedom but Christians are being punished for not participating in a gay wedding the issue is real.

No- the problem is not real. The problem is with your perception.

Business fires drivers- gets fined.
Business refuses to sell to customers- gets fined.

Both cases business's had to follow the law.

Sorry folks. I wish I could process your divorce papers but it is against my deeply held religious beliefs.

I am sorry, I can't condemn this man to prison- it is against my deeply held religious beliefs.......

I didn't sue him.

If he wasn't a service dog you don't have a case.
If he was a service dog and refused to transport you and your dog, he should have his ass sued and should lose his taxi license.

Doesn't matter whether the bakery is Muslim or Christian or atheists- the business has to follow business law- and if it is illegal to discriminate based upon sexual orientation in your state- it is illegal. If not- it isn't.

That depends on if courts find the 1st Amendment or PA laws (for behaviors, remember, not race) dominant. That test will come. Place your bets... :popcorn:

I didn't sue him.

If he was a service dog and refused to transport you and your dog, he should have his ass sued and should lose his taxi license.

You miss the point. We both desperately compromised. He didn't know what to do and neither did I but he cared enough to address our situation at the next event and because I was such a known customer (I did round trip to Yorkdale 30 dollars daily) and he was desperately conflicted even knowing the law by his Imam that Rip and I were aok but how others would then shun his cab.

Hence Igor. Long story but a good one. Igor and Swizzle. :) The forever solution.

My only point being in my little corner of the universe we worked it out. Whoever got the call from me would broadcast it to others and those that were worried about having had a dog in the cab would not respond and so we actually came to be a small clique. My favorite was this gentleman called Igor. He was a Russian so tall over me who adored Jethro Tull. I digress. We all worked it out between us.

Oh, listen to the poor downtrodden crybully... "should have his ass sued and lose his...license"... Poor things. So beaten up. So helpless are these gays and lesbians.....

The Third Reicht would be proud of the psychological manipulations of this Fourth Reicht to such legal successes! Just substitute the end game of "gas chamber" for "ruined careers from lawsuits" and you're right back in the 1930s & 40s...aaaahh...memories!.... Gotta love unchecked/unexamined cults and their political momentum..

. "should have his ass sued and lose his...license"....

I know that you care as little about handicapped Americans- and their rights- as you care about health and well being of children.

But I for one, am glad that the American's with Disabilities Act protects blind Americans with service dogs, and if a taxi driver refuses to provide an essential service to them- I would cheer on either a civil suit or a complaint leading to the driver loosing his driving privleges.

I didn't sue him.

You miss the point. We both desperately compromised. He didn't know what to do and neither did I but he cared enough to address our situation at the next event and because I was such a known customer (I did round trip to Yorkdale 30 dollars daily) and he was desperately conflicted even knowing the law by his Imam that Rip and I were aok but how others would then shun his cab.

Hence Igor. Long story but a good one. Igor and Swizzle. :) The forever solution.

My only point being in my little corner of the universe we worked it out. Whoever got the call from me would broadcast it to others and those that were worried about having had a dog in the cab would not respond and so we actually came to be a small clique. My favorite was this gentleman called Igor. He was a Russian so tall over me who adored Jethro Tull. I digress. We all worked it out between us.

That is fantastic that you worked it out between you.

Sometimes that works.

Sometimes it doesn't.

In your specific case, the driver was not discriminating against you based upon your religious beliefs, or your color, or your sexual orientation- but because he didn't want a dog in his taxi- which many taxi drivers might prefer for many reasons- religious or otherwise.

Certainly I am glad you worked it all out.

I know that you care as little about handicapped Americans- and their rights- as you care about health and well being of children.

But I for one, am glad that the American's with Disabilities Act protects blind Americans with service dogs, and if a taxi driver refuses to provide an essential service to them- I would cheer on either a civil suit or a complaint leading to the driver loosing his driving privleges.
^^ More psychological manipulation... Why stop when you're on a roll? :lmao:

Forum List

Back