Mitt Romney pays a lower tax rate than you do.

Since almost half of Americans pay a tax rate of 0%, I wouldn't bet on the thread title.

Do you know who those people are?

Old people on Social Security, the disabled, and people who work minimum wage jobs to support their families.

From memory, I think he said he expects his tax bill for this year to be $6.2m. Ouch!

So 6.2 million dollars? What's the problem? Why isn't 6.2 million dollars enough?

Because he pays taxes at a special mini rate for rich people.

End welfare for the wealthy.

Pass the Buffett Rule.

Dude 6.2 million dollars? Are you for real? If that's not enough for one person to pay. Maybe the government needs to start making it's own damn money without taking more of others people money.

6.2 MILLION DOLLARS from one person.

Come on people someone explain it to me whats the bottom dollar of 15%

From memory, I think he said he expects his tax bill for this year to be $6.2m. Ouch!

So 6.2 million dollars? What's the problem? Why isn't 6.2 million dollars enough?

Apparently not. :lol: It would sure as hell make me cry to sign that check over. :lol:

Thing is, he pays exactly what he is supposed to pay. Apparently, it's his fault that the government aren't insisting he pays more. I wish someone would explain that 'logic' to me.

Apparently not. :lol: It would sure as hell make me cry to sign that check over. :lol:

Thing is, he pays exactly what he is supposed to pay. Apparently, it's his fault that the government aren't insisting he pays more. I wish someone would explain that 'logic' to me.

Thats why those other peoples money takers play the percentage game instead of the bottom dollar of how much someone really pays. They know that 6.2 million dollars is a lot of money for one person to pay so they twick it and use the percentage because the percentage is a lower number. It's all smoke and mirrors for them.

Really?????
Why would any one invest risk capital to be able to pay 30% in taxes?
Only a fool IMO.

You are wrong.

Capital gains rates used to be MUCH higher and it had NO effect on investment.

This is how brainwashed the rank and file Republicans are.

The rich are good, the poor are evil.

Tax the poor and lower taxes for the rich.

What a crock of shit!

Actually....the stock market really boomed when capital gain taxes were lowered and the PE of many sector stocks rose.

Like I said we are all equal...poor and rich, you're the one that has divided the two into good and evil, Chris.

The roaring 20's anyone? ;)

Thats the point. They shouldn't be because of situations like this.

So what do you propose as a solution?

Raise the capital gains to match the income tax with some sort of exemption for seniors who need that income for basic living needs. Something along those lines.

Ok...at least you have an answer!

I disagree with what you want to do but I respect that you can provide something of your own instead of what many in here do and just blindly attack with no solutions!

Rep for you

Depends come on don't give a percentage give the bottom dollar. How much is 15% of let's say 50 million dollars?

You can't do the math yourself? Why don't you just cut to whatever brilliant point you think you're making. Save us all the hassle, then we can make fun of you for being an idiot and we can all move on.

OH so you refuse to answer the question. Why is that you will not show openly that that 15% of 50 million is 7 million 5 hundred thousand dollars. Why are you afraid of talking about the sum of what a person pays but only talk about the percentage of what a person pay's?

Last edited:
He also isn't the only liberal rich guy who wants higher taxes on the rich and then not only doesn't pay what he says he should, but he hires an army of accountants to avoid paying as much of them as he can. He's a real douche bag.

Not only that, but has tax exempt charities which family and friends that are on the board of those charities....being paid quite well. He is as dishonest in his rhetoric as they come, and look who uses him as a shining light?
Now that's a novel idea. Get rid of tax exemption for groups. All groups. If we're gonna skin this cat, make sure we get all the fur off.

How do you tax the profits of something that, by definition, is non-profit?

Can somebody explain how much 15% is in money?

15cents out of 100 cents

or .15 dollars out of 1 dollar

Romney made, what, 50 million? so he paid 7.5 million in taxes.

Isn't that a lot of money for one person to have to pay?

Its a lot for sure, i probably wont even make that much in my lifetime.

Its funny....when it comes to the Bush tax cuts people talk in total dollars instead of percent, when it comes to romney they talk about percent instead of total dollars.

its like they can't see that the two are inseperable parts of the same subject....they only seem to cherry pick what makes the "war on wealth/class warfare" rhetoric sound better while staying intentionally blind to the honest truth

Forum List

Back