Mitt Romney pays a lower tax rate than you do.

The money he made to invest was taxed at a 30% clip. The money he invested from that was taxed at a 15% clip. By the way, that was risk money, he could have easily lost it and only claim $3,000 in losses a year.
I hope you can see the clear difference between the two.

Also, did anyone on the left notice that he gives 15% in charities? :eusa_whistle:

The money he made to invest was taxed at a 30% clip. The money he invested from that was taxed at a 15% clip. By the way, that was risk money, he could have easily lost it and only claim $3,000 in losses a year.

Also, did anyone on the left notice that he gives 15% in charities? :eusa_whistle:

Who cares?

Welfare for the super rich has to end.

Actually Mitt and I pay the exact same tax rate on capital gains.

Its a bit dishonest to compare capital gains and employment income as they are taxed differently.

Thats the point. They shouldn't be because of situations like this.

Really?????
Why would anyone invest risk capital to be able to pay 30% in taxes?
Only a fool IMO.

Who cares?

You're a blooming idiot, Chris. :clap2:

Its a bit dishonest to compare capital gains and employment income as they are taxed differently.

Really?????
Why would any one invest risk capital to be able to pay 30% in taxes?
Only a fool IMO.

You are wrong.

Capital gains rates used to be MUCH higher and it had NO effect on investment.

This is how brainwashed the rank and file Republicans are.

The rich are good, the poor are evil.

Tax the poor and lower taxes for the rich.

What a crock of shit!

Who cares?

And your post is just a useless insult.

The Reagan Bush tax cuts for the rich transferred trillions of dollars from the middle class to the wealthy.

And do you know who has to pay that money back?

You do.

Who cares?

The Reagan Bush tax cuts for the rich transferred trillions of dollars from the middle class to the wealthy.

You do.

You forget that they already paid taxes on the money before they invested it, then they pay capital gains taxes on profits of their investment. If they lose bigtime on investments they get a $3,000 dollar max writeoff. Doesn't seem fair to me....regardless, we are all Americans, Chris. I can't help if you're a class warfare type of guy, I'm not.

Really?????
Only a fool IMO.

You are wrong.

What a crock of shit!
Hey guys, watch me trip the hypocrisy alarm.

Christy... how much extra in taxes do you voluntarily pay? Do you overpay gas tax? I don't know if you invest, but if you profit, do you leave an extra 20% on the table for the feddies to take with a big "thank you" to big brother?

So... do you live by your insanity, or do you stick to the law at the very least? Of course, I could be wrong and you cheat on your taxes too keeping as much as illegally possible. But I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and think you at least stick to the law.

You do.

You forget that they already paid taxes on the money before they invested it, then they pay capital gains taxes on profits of their investment. If they lose bigtime on investments they get a $3,000 dollar max writeoff. Doesn't seem fair to me....regardless, we are all Americans, Chris. I can't help if you're a class warfare type of guy, I'm not.
Yep. Oh look, I earned this money and the government taxed it high enough as is. Now I have to put it somewhere safer than my mattress. This investment looks good, but I may earn money, and THAT means I'd be taxed AGAIN!

Oh the humanity!

Warren Buffett isn’t the only rich guy who wants to higher taxes on the rich

He also isn't the only liberal rich guy who wants higher taxes on the rich and then not only doesn't pay what he says he should, but he hires an army of accountants to avoid paying as much of them as he can. He's a real douche bag.

He also isn't the only liberal rich guy who wants higher taxes on the rich and then not only doesn't pay what he says he should, but he hires an army of accountants to avoid paying as much of them as he can. He's a real douche bag.
flat tax, no loopholes, all income, regardless of source.

Problem solved, but it destroys one thing liberals hold dear: the tax code as a social engineering tool.

Really?????
Only a fool IMO.

You are wrong.

What a crock of shit!

Actually....the stock market really boomed when capital gain taxes were lowered and the PE of many sector stocks rose.

Like I said we are all equal...poor and rich, you're the one that has divided the two into good and evil, Chris.

Not only that, but has tax exempt charities which family and friends that are on the board of those charities....being paid quite well. He is as dishonest in his rhetoric as they come, and look who uses him as a shining light?

Really?????
Only a fool IMO.

Only a fool wouldn't. If theres money to be made people will still invest. Pretending like 30% tax rate on capital gains would somehow stop people from investing is a talking point that has no merit whatsoever. You're acting like capital gains would be taxed at 100%. If they were, you'd have a point. But they're not, so you don't.

Not only that, but has tax exempt charities which family and friends that are on the board of those charities....being paid quite well. He is as dishonest in his rhetoric as they come, and look who uses him as a shining light?
Now that's a novel idea. Get rid of tax exemption for groups. All groups. If we're gonna skin this cat, make sure we get all the fur off.

Really?????
Only a fool IMO.

Only a fool wouldn't. If theres money to be made people will still invest. Pretending like 30% tax rate on capital gains would somehow stop people from investing is a talking point that has no merit whatsoever. You're acting like capital gains would be taxed at 100%. If they were, you'd have a point. But they're not, so you don't.

You start taking 30% of an 8% gain and there's not much incentive left.

I'm going to predict that if the cap gains tax doubles that you will see less investment and see more people using other vehicles to save money.

Cash value life insurance will make a huge comeback and the money in these policies will be able to be used tax free.

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Who cares?

Romney paid multiple millions in taxes, how is him giving the govt millions welfare?

Forum List

Back