Moderate Republicans Totally Fuck themselves

I think y'all have a winning strategy by going further to the right. Throw out your RINOs!
What does "the right" mean to you?

Balanced budgets?

"Reagan proved that deficits don't matter." - Dick Cheney.

I'm really glad that the political right has gotten religion on fiscal balances lately, but over the past 30 years, they were either rank hypocrites or dumber than nails, i.e. "tax cuts pay for themselves."

I think y'all have a winning strategy by going further to the right. Throw out your RINOs!

Balanced budgets?

I'm really glad that the political right has gotten religion on fiscal balances lately, but over the past 30 years, they were either rank hypocrites or dumber than nails, i.e. "tax cuts pay for themselves."
Lately?

Don't ever look at spending. :eusa_shhh:

Balanced budgets?

Well, the rank hypocrites thing is absolutely true...Most GOP candidates of the last several decades have been running as libertarians and governing like leftist democratics.

So, what's your beef with the newer breed (Paul, Rubio, Cruz), that actually mean what they say in the campaigns when it comes to legislating that way?

I was wondering how Conservatives could separate ourselves from the moderates who want to enable Obama in his mission to continue to drag down America.

The Moderates just kicked the Conservatives off of the House Budget Committee. That means they too wear the Obama kneepads! OMG! What a gift to us! Thank you for making the distinction so crystal clear! Republican Moderates <3 Obama!!

Moderate ran McCain in 08 and lost

We ran things ourselves and 2010 and blew the doors off of Dems and Moderate Republicans

Moderate ran things again in 2012, and not surprising, lost again (on a personal note, that and the Dem performance in Madison WI during the Walker recall was why I would not be suckered into any "if Romney wins" bet)

Thank you for an early Christmas gift! We will watch you fuckers drive the economy off the cliff together Barry Thelma and Boehner Louise

Adios, Losers!

That's what happens when every single Republican Presidential candidate gets up on stage during the primaries and says they wouldn't raise taxes by $1 for every $9 in spending cuts.

Yes, yes, let's blame the moderates. That's so much easier.
:thup:

First been there done that. They promised Reagan 2 for 1 and they lied so no more of that

Second I just had the stunning realization that there are whole segments of the population who don't know that the US economy and federal government are 2 separate things. We need to educate people on the difference and have them understand that the best thing for the government is a thriving economy

Barry Goldwater was crushed.

Deal with it.
And Reagan won two landslides....Never mind the fact that his actions didn't measure up to the campaign rhetoric, he still won.

Yup.

Now, name another.
Hasn't been another in to be found....Can't say that one won't win if one isn't even in the race.

BTW, the GOP neocon establishment hated Reagan.

You think that Obama could just summarily end both wars, Medicare Part D, and TARP when he took office?
Pretty sure he could have done something about ending the wars, being the C in C and whatnot.

But so far all he's done is more of the same, plus started killing innocent civilians in Pakistan with drones.

That's "change," I guess ... :dunno:

You think that Obama could just summarily end both wars, Medicare Part D, and TARP when he took office?
Why not?

He ruled by decree in the shotgun marriages of GM & UAW and Chrysler & Fiat...He has basically been circumventing congress with EOs to suit virtually every other agenda item he can cram down.

Why should this situation be any different?

Pretty sure he could have done something about ending the wars, being the C in C and whatnot.

But so far all he's done is more of the same, plus started killing innocent civilians in Pakistan with drones.

Libya, too.

And, now the war-mongering talk from Clinton and Obama about Syria.

Oh he's not advocating keeping Boehner from what he's doing. He's just keeping the shit the Speaker is doing front and center.

This separates the real conservatives from the Republicans. We are seeing a clear line drawn now.

And it's great because now it's completely out in the open.

Well that's perfect because we need to draw a bright line separating ourselves from the Neo-Marxists and their Moderate Republicans enablers

Damn straight. We pulled the purge up here there were many "progressives" that screamed we were cutting them loose.

Their voices faded into the wilderness and conservatives started to take power. Bit by bit. Because we stood for something.

Middle of the road is for music stations and dead possums. If you don't stand for something, you stand for nothing at all.

First couple of elections, conservatives only achieved a minority government, but now we are a majority.

And we are wildly successful. Never came near a fiscal cliff. Financially very sound up here.

All I can tell from Boehner and crew is that they have become Beltway Blue Dog Democrats whose main concern in life is to keep their social stature. You know. They and their wives can go to all the "proper" parties. Their children can go to the "right" schools.

It's a sick game. They don't represent their districts. They're only in this game for themselves.

Hell's bells I've never forgotten Lindsay Graham saying he was agreeing with Obama on something because he felt he needed to stay "relevant".

I screamed so loud I probably scared deer 2 miles away. :D

I was very active in the Conservative party in Canada. It ain't the same down here.

Libya, too.

And, now the war-mongering talk from Clinton and Obama about Syria.
Yeah, it's a good thing the anti-war folks are out there in front of the White House protesting all this.

Oh, wait ... :doubt:

And Reagan won two landslides....Never mind the fact that his actions didn't measure up to the campaign rhetoric, he still won.

Yup.

Now, name another.
Hasn't been another in to be found....Can't say that one won't win if one isn't even in the race.

Yeah, right. :lol: In 1979 maybe.

And FTR, Reagan =/= Goldwater

Last edited:

Balanced budgets?

Well, the rank hypocrites thing is absolutely true...Most GOP candidates of the last several decades have been running as libertarians and governing like leftist democratics.

So, what's your beef with the newer breed (Paul, Rubio, Cruz), that actually mean what they say in the campaigns when it comes to legislating that way?

Like I said, I'm really happy the GOP has suddenly gotten religion after 30 years of mass stupidity on the budget. But after 30 years of gross incompetent mismanagement, you'll excuse us for being a bit skeptical.

Last edited:

Balanced budgets?

Lately?

Don't ever look at spending. :eusa_shhh:

Yes. It rose faster than the economy under Bush. Where were all these "conservative" Republicans bitching about it when it happened under a Republican President and Congress?

Yup.

Now, name another.

Yeah, right. :lol: In 1979 maybe.

And FTR, Reagan =/= Goldwater
Reagan basically campaigned as Goldwater, with a certain measure of charisma.

And it's still true that the neocon establishment hated Reagan....But they grabbed him as a nice little sock puppet to hold up, while they went about their business-as-usual politics....Almost his entire cast of supporting characters, up to and including Poppy Bush, came from the neoconservative who's who roster.

Like Yogi Berra said...You can look it up.

I was wondering how Conservatives could separate ourselves from the moderates who want to enable Obama in his mission to continue to drag down America.

The Moderates just kicked the Conservatives off of the House Budget Committee. That means they too wear the Obama kneepads! OMG! What a gift to us! Thank you for making the distinction so crystal clear! Republican Moderates <3 Obama!!

Moderate ran McCain in 08 and lost

We ran things ourselves and 2010 and blew the doors off of Dems and Moderate Republicans

Moderate ran things again in 2012, and not surprising, lost again (on a personal note, that and the Dem performance in Madison WI during the Walker recall was why I would not be suckered into any "if Romney wins" bet)

Thank you for an early Christmas gift! We will watch you fuckers drive the economy off the cliff together Barry Thelma and Boehner Louise

Adios, Losers!

That's what happens when every single Republican Presidential candidate gets up on stage during the primaries and says they wouldn't raise taxes by $1 for every $9 in spending cuts.

Yes, yes, let's blame the moderates. That's so much easier.
:thup:

First been there done that. They promised Reagan 2 for 1 and they lied so no more of that

Second I just had the stunning realization that there are whole segments of the population who don't know that the US economy and federal government are 2 separate things. We need to educate people on the difference and have them understand that the best thing for the government is a thriving economy

I don't remember responses from the candidates around a nuanced argument regarding the differences between absolute and baseline budgeting, and the Democrats reneging on deals 30 years ago. What I remember are responses like "Taxes are too high." You know, red meat stuff that appeals to the base as each candidate tried to out-conservative each other.

Like I said, I'm really happy the GOP has suddenly gotten religion after 30 years of mass stupidity on the budget. But after 30 years of gross incompetent mismanagement, you'll excuse us for being a bit skeptical.
Dude, I'm as skeptical as the come...You should know that by now.

So it should come as little surprise that bullshit detectors that I had forgotten about went off, when the news came out about Boner's purge of committee positions.

Boner is a neocon dickhead...I knew that back in 1994, when he was taking every opportunity he could to end up in the same camera shot with Newt....He is the embodiment of everything that is wrong with the GOP.

Forum List

Back