🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

"Moderates" are the problem

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
Cromnibus a winter festival of unrestrained spending Human Events

The new spending bill just passed by Congress is an example that moderates appear to be the problem. Here we have a bill with unrestrained spending, thus upsetting conservatives, and a bill that favors the corporate banking industry, thus inciting the left.

Really it is the best of both worlds. It is a continued path to insolvency, as well as easing corporate restrictions that caused the credit crisis to occur only a few years ago.

I'm tired of these so called "moderates'. Just the mere term makes me nauseated. They should just be renamed the "rapists" of society and maybe send Bill Cosby to the Oval Office in 2016.

For me, moderates have become the most radical extremists of all, since they appear to be sowing the seeds for our ultimate destruction.

If everyone in D.C. was more moderate, the unpalatable compromises that placate the extremes would disappear.

Any REASONABLE person understands that cowing to the extremes in the interests of moving through compromise is what created this mess in the first place.

Governing is messy, but if the extremes governed, it would be hellish.
Agreed.

What we have now is a system of one extreme or the other borrowing money to dismantle the policies of the last bunch of extremists and replace them with their own extremist policies, only to become the assholes that need to be flushed in the next election.

Compromising with extremists is the problem, not those who're capable of actually listening to the opposition.

It is actually called "Governing by Principles"!

Whether liberal or conservative the bench mark I have of any politician is are their principles in synch with mine.
Very few of conservatives and most liberals are not in synch with my principles.
One of my principles is very simple and comes from :
:"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."
"provide for the common defense"..
At the current rate of demoralization of our military and the reduction of our influences in the world, I'd say Hussein has NOT followed that simple principle.

Another very simple principle is "feed a person a fish and you feed them for a day...teach the person how to fish you feed them for a lifetime".
This principle is NOT being followed by our governing bodies. On the contrary to maintain power, our politicians are doing everything to provide "womb to tomb" as long as you vote for me principle. A principle I can't abide by!
I'd prefer the continuation of people being self sufficient. A process that has allowed All Americans to live a life better then any of the richest people in the world hundreds of years ago.
Free health care. Free food. Free cell phones. All paid for by the few to keep the many voting for the current parties.

Moderates need to stand tall and take control of the government

Could you map out what you think it would look like if all national lawmakers were purists, both Left & Right?

Would it be safe to assume that you'd prefer the abject gridlock that would result, and is that the goal?

Where have you been?

We have had abject gridlock for years.

When is the last time we had a budget?

Gridlock is going to break soon though, as this country swings back to the right.

Absolutely... then they can accelerate the implosion of our economy so that hell, obama can take credit for that too before he leaves office. Might as well, he's already caused the first down grade in our nations credit rating.

Two years is more than enough time for our economy to collapse... THANK YOU MODERATES, and OBAMA!

The true political terrorists are the ideologues of the libertarian, far right, and far left wings.

The true political terrorists are the ones that don't follow the constitution, refuse to pass a balanced budget amendment and spend more than they have, and that includes both sides of the isle.

Absolutely... then they can accelerate the implosion of our economy so that hell, obama can take credit for that too before he leaves office. Might as well, he's already caused the first down grade in our nations credit rating.

Two years is more than enough time for our economy to collapse... THANK YOU MODERATES, and OBAMA!
Moderate Republicans and Democrats need to band together and actually pass legislation. They have more in common with each other than they have with the extremes of their party

Could you map out what you think it would look like if all national lawmakers were purists, both Left & Right?

Would it be safe to assume that you'd prefer the abject gridlock that would result, and is that the goal?

My question is, who in the hell gets to determine the verbage? Why do we allow people who advocate trillion dollar deficits to be called moderates and those who advocate balanced budgets to be wacked out extremists?

Who are these verbage Nazis?

Moderate Republicans and Democrats need to band together and actually pass legislation. They have more in common with each other than they have with the extremes of their party

So you are in favor of this spending bill?

Moderates don't have control now?

If so, please explain? Please tell us your "moderate" middle of the road common sense brain that all of us seem to lack.

My question is, who in the hell gets to determine the verbage? Why do we allow people who advocate trillion dollar deficits to be called moderates and those who advocate balanced budgets to be wacked out extremists?

Who are these verbage Nazis?

The current problem for the GOP is its messaging. I can never get Republicans to either understand or acknowledge this, but people like Cruz, Bachmann, Palin, Beck, Limbaugh, Hannity and Savage are horrible messengers and make an easy target for the Democrats. All the Democrats have to do is point at them and say, "hey, look at THAT", and they can get away with moving on from whatever the issue is.

I know you don't agree there, but I wanted to answer your question.

Now, to answer mine, are you saying that you feel the country is moving right and will soon be on board with a more purist conservative approach?

Excellent response.

Plus, I really think that for the sake of good, clean and honest debate, we need to define "moderate", Votto .

I consider you to be a very intelligent person, so think about this some first. What exactly IS a moderate?

So you are in favor of this spending bill?
It has enough in it for both sides to dislike
But at least it pisses off the TeaTards who were counting on shutting down the government again

Forum List

Back