🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

"Moderates" are the problem

Moderates need to stand tall and take control of the government

Moderates don't have control now?

If so, please explain? Please tell us your "moderate" middle of the road common sense brain that all of us seem to lack.

No they don't

They are bullied by the right and left wing media and afraid to make a stand. Wimpy moderates is why we have gridlock

Do people including low information lefties even understand that republicans would have been blamed (unfairly as usually) for a government shutdown when 2/3 of the government is controlled by democrats? They took the easy way out and they can't get a break for that either. Before you got your panties in a bunch wait until the 20th of January when republicans take over 2/3 of the majority. The criticism of the budget seems to center around pretend republicans and dirty tricks democrats who have one last chance to try to split the republican party.

The problem with moderates is that they are overwhelmed by Political Correctness, their convictions and judgment is compromised to the point that they are useless tools to be manipulated.

Call them what you will, but the fewer adults we have in DC who won't take their little toys and go home when things don't go their way, the worse our system works.

Holding your breath until you turn blue may please "the base", but it definitely places party over country.

If so, please explain? Please tell us your "moderate" middle of the road common sense brain that all of us seem to lack.

No they don't

They are bullied by the right and left wing media and afraid to make a stand. Wimpy moderates is why we have gridlock

Gridlock? It seems that the moderate GOPers and Dims have agreed to a spending bill. Where is the gridlock?

In fact, everytime I hear about a government shutdown I get exited, and they they all seem to come back the next day. Seems to me like there is no real gridlock.

Cromnibus a winter festival of unrestrained spending Human Events

The new spending bill just passed by Congress is an example that moderates appear to be the problem. Here we have a bill with unrestrained spending, thus upsetting conservatives, and a bill that favors the corporate banking industry, thus inciting the left.

Really it is the best of both worlds. It is a continued path to insolvency, as well as easing corporate restrictions that caused the credit crisis to occur only a few years ago.

I'm tired of these so called "moderates'. Just the mere term makes me nauseated. They should just be renamed the "rapists" of society and maybe send Bill Cosby to the Oval Office in 2016.

For me, moderates have become the most radical extremists of all, since they appear to be sowing the seeds for our ultimate destruction.
I'm tired of these so called "moderates'. Just the mere term makes me nauseated.

yea i feel the same way about the farther right and left....ill take "moderates" any day over those assholes.....at least "moderates" can actually get along with those that have different views....

Could you map out what you think it would look like if all national lawmakers were purists, both Left & Right?

Would it be safe to assume that you'd prefer the abject gridlock that would result, and is that the goal?

Where have you been?

We have had abject gridlock for years.

When is the last time we had a budget?

Gridlock is going to break soon though, as this country swings back to the right.
yea sure it will.....

The new spending bill just passed by Congress is an example that moderates appear to be the problem. Here we have a bill with unrestrained spending, thus upsetting conservatives, and a bill that favors the corporate banking industry, thus inciting the left.

Really it is the best of both worlds. It is a continued path to insolvency, as well as easing corporate restrictions that caused the credit crisis to occur only a few years ago.

I'm tired of these so called "moderates'. Just the mere term makes me nauseated. They should just be renamed the "rapists" of society and maybe send Bill Cosby to the Oval Office in 2016.

For me, moderates have become the most radical extremists of all, since they appear to be sowing the seeds for our ultimate destruction.

No, Tea Baggers are the problem.

Absolutely... then they can accelerate the implosion of our economy so that hell, obama can take credit for that too before he leaves office. Might as well, he's already caused the first down grade in our nations credit rating.

Two years is more than enough time for our economy to collapse... THANK YOU MODERATES, and OBAMA!
Moderate Republicans and Democrats need to band together and actually pass legislation. They have more in common with each other than they have with the extremes of their party
yes they do.....were the fuck are they?.....

Moderates want to raise taxes on the wealthy and cut spending on wasteful military and Corporate handouts.

Could you map out what you think it would look like if all national lawmakers were purists, both Left & Right?

Would it be safe to assume that you'd prefer the abject gridlock that would result, and is that the goal?

My question is, who in the hell gets to determine the verbage? Why do we allow people who advocate trillion dollar deficits to be called moderates and those who advocate balanced budgets to be wacked out extremists?

Who are these verbage Nazis?
plenty of "moderates are for a balanced budget.....

It is actually called "Governing by Principles"!

Whether liberal or conservative the bench mark I have of any politician is are their principles in synch with mine.
Very few of conservatives and most liberals are not in synch with my principles.
One of my principles is very simple and comes from :
:"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."
"provide for the common defense"..
At the current rate of demoralization of our military and the reduction of our influences in the world, I'd say Hussein has NOT followed that simple principle.

Erm, when the Constitution was written, we had a very small military, and very little influence in the world.

i dont think they do.....as far as i am concerned both parties have been controlled by the farther side folkes.....the "moderates" on both sides are pussies for allowing that to happen....

The problem with moderates is that they are overwhelmed by Political Correctness, their convictions and judgment is compromised to the point that they are useless tools to be manipulated.
oh geezus ....and of course the farther left and right are not tools?.....they are bigger tools than anyone in politics.....look at just the die hards you see here...they are right and of course the other side is wrong.........end of argument....thats being a tool....

This is actually going to be the new political doublespeak ploy since the whole "bash the Tea Party" thing went the way of the dinosaur. Every Statist from every stripe will be making calls to garner "moderates" and have them step forward.

No, Tea Baggers are the problem.
so are people who just blame one group of people..........

Our nation was built on committees and compromise. And we've done pretty darn good. When the extremists push something through, it's always trouble.

U.S. History has always been very clear on this point.

Appears some posters slept through that. Who cares? There will be always be those who are ignorant of history or who try to re-write it to suit their own personal interests. We just have to make sure we correct them whenever they start talking their crap.

Oh sure, just because republicans and democrats have both become extremists and can't make anything work, blame the moderates and the independents. Blame anyone but the bozos in your own parties. :rolleyes-41:

Who could possibly agree with some of the extreme platforms of either party? :dunno: I honestly hope to see more and more people realize this and move away from both parties. These bozos have messed up our country enough!

Forum List

Back