Moms are turning to crowdfunding to help pay for maternity leave

There is only one reason to give someone a paid leave they aren't really entitled to get. They are being eased out of the company and candidates are trying out for their job.

Sounds like someone's speaking from personal experience.

Not too long ago, pregnant women were required to leave their jobs and never come back. Men might be allowed the day their child was born off, but that was it.

This is part of that nostalgia for the Fifties some of you pine for...especially since it's got nothing to do with you.

Employers who want good employee morale and company loyalty provide a decent amount of maternity leave. Some even provide day care on corporate premises.
Pregnant women get sick time and vacation time. They can accumulate comp time. Letting men have the day off is incredibly generous since they aren't sick, injured or have given birth.

And God forbid any man should have time to spend with his wife and his newborn baby, much less a chance to make sure all the details are taken care of so that when his wife comes home she can just relax and not worry about the laundry or the groceries or any of that, right?

People who want children should suffer, maybe more than people who have this HTML class. , right? It's their fault for assuming they can have a work life in addition to just spawning, right?

I mean, June Cleaver never had a job. Ward never got a day off, but the kids survived, right?

Welcome to the 19th century.
Now it's the employer and co-worker's responsibility to take care of laundry and groceries! They had a child. It's theirs. Not mine. How did making sure they have time with the baby become my responsibility?

We need to skip the 19th century and go back to the 17th century until people are able to take care of themselves.

Yanno...............the military provides for 12 weeks for the mother for maternity leave.

They also give 6 weeks for the father.

Why are people so much against the government (of which the military is part of), when they provide such good benefits?

Yanno...............the military provides for 12 weeks for the mother for maternity leave.

They also give 6 weeks for the father.

Why are people so much against the government (of which the military is part of), when they provide such good benefits?

Because they don't work for government?

Moms Are Turning To Crowdfunding To Help Pay For Maternity Leave
This is just sad. The only industrial nation that DOES NOT have paid maternity leave....disgusting.

Why should you get paid for your lifestyle choice? If you are unable to take care of a child then don't have one.
Got 4 and counting clown. Try keeping up with the rest of the civilized world. You and your ilk "libertardians" should be shipped to Somalia so yall can enjoy survival of the fittest and no government to tell you what to do.

This is just sad. The only industrial nation that DOES NOT have paid maternity leave....disgusting.

Why should you get paid for your lifestyle choice? If you are unable to take care of a child then don't have one.
Got 4 and counting clown. Try keeping up with the rest of the civilized world. You and your ilk "libertardians" should be shipped to Somalia so yall can enjoy survival of the fittest and no government to tell you what to do.

You didn't answer my question.

I would first have to give a shit....:) Like I said you people need to realize you live in a civilized nation and as such we live like civilized people or are least supposed to. That includes paid maternity leave like the rest of the civilized world has.

I would first have to give a shit....:) Like I said you people need to realize you live in a civilized nation and as such we live like civilized people or are least supposed to. That includes paid maternity leave like the rest of the civilized world has.

And the only way you can conceive of civilization is via a coercive state government?

Still didn't answer my question. Other countries do it isn't a compelling answer, so we'll try this again. Why should you get paid for making a lifestyle choice? Nobody has to go out and have a child. It's a choice and when you make that choice it's your responsibility to make the preparations to take care of that child, not someone else's. If you can't afford to do it financially or can't invest the time then don't have one. Don't expect others to pay your way.

And the only way you can conceive of civilization is via a coercive state government?
No one is forcing you to stay here. You can leave at any time.

Why should we be the ones to leave? You're the one using the excuse, "every other country does it" to justify your government dependent welfare slavery state. If everyone else does it, it would seem to make sense for you and your ilk to leave for those places and let the rest of us alone.

How much would the compassionate care if they had to write the check themselves? That pregnant stranger comes up and demands you give her a personal check every month for groceries and her maid,

So can you. This is the coward's response. If you can't defend your views, just admit it.

So can you. This is the coward's response. If you can't defend your views, just admit it.
I don't need to defend common sense...you and your ilk just need to learn to accept common sense or leave for somewhere like Somalia. There you can have your survival of the fittest and no government telling you what to do.

I don't need to defend common sense...you and your ilk just need to learn to accept common sense or leave for somewhere like Somalia. There you can have your survival of the fittest and no government telling you what to do.

Still with the "I got nuthin", eh?

Your appeals to "common sense", and horseshit propaganda about "Somalia!!!" don't amount to an argument.

In point of fact, civilized behavior is a result of voluntary cooperation, not coercive government. Coercive government can only mandate obedience.

Your appeals to "common sense", and horseshit propaganda about "Somalia!!!" don't amount to an argument.

In point of fact, civilized behavior is a result of voluntary cooperation, not coercive government. Coercive government can only mandate obedience.
blah blah blah. My facts stand. Accept being a civilized country or don't. I personally don't care.

blah blah blah. My facts stand. Accept being a civilized country or don't. I personally don't care.

You keep typing, so apparently that isn't true.

Or, stop paying and oppose all laws that force payment. Start firing women shortly after they become pregnant. Hire older women past childbearing age. There are dozens of ways to avoid paying for the lifestyle choices of others.

Forum List

Back