Moms demand guns....a new PSA featuring Dana Loesch for women who want guns to protect their family.

You are nuts.

Ok lets see the results of what I am suggesting:
The researchers followed up with the women after six months, then a year. At the one-year mark, the women who received the resistance training were less likely to have fallen victim to completed rape than the control group, with 5.2% self-reporting victimization vs. 9.8% in the control group. The risk reduction was even greater for attempted rape, with a ratio of 3.4% in the group who got the training, compared with 9.3% in the group who did not.

Now you are suggesting something that will not help at all in the vast majority of rapes and often has results like this:
Woman accidentally kills self adjusting bra holster
A Michigan woman accidentally shot herself to death last month while adjusting the .22-caliber revolver in her bra holster, police said Wednesday.

I think it is clear I am giving the better advice.

Wow...a whole 6 months on a college campus....one of the safest places for a woman to be.

Then why are you gun nuts trying to get guns on college campuses?

I know great results but since they don't involve a gun you don't care. You have no interest in lowering rape, just selling more guns!

Fuck you brain, you are the one who wants to keep women from using the most effective tool to actually stop rape. College campuses are more than 17 year olds, staff, and older students and just by making the campus a concealed carry zone you drive away criminals. Gun Free zones draw criminals like flies…...

You just said it is a really safe place. I rest my case. You want to sell guns, not make anything better.

College campuses are currently gun free zones for victims……..making them concealed carry zones will keep the criminals away.

And again, millions of homes have guns in them and no one in the home uses them to murder people. Nothing in his history would have barrred him from getting his own gun so if she had no guns he still could have done what he did.

The fact remains he used his moms guns. Must make your happy she was armed.
And all the lives saved and crimes stopped by people who own guns, which outnumber criminal uses of guns are also a factor....

No they don't outnumber criminal uses. Sorry. There are maybe 100k defenses each year. That's is dwarfed by the number of criminal uses.

You know you are lying....

I just averaged the studies......which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 40 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

And these aren't all of the studies either...there are more...and they support the ones below.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....
GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, military)
DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, military)
L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, military)
Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops, military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

Page 7:

The most important of the other set of questions asked:

Within the past 12 months, have you yourself used a gun, even if it was not fired, to protect yourself or someone else, or for the protection of property at home, work, or elsewhere?

This is largely identical to the standard question from the other surveys, but the reference period is 1 year rather than 5 years. The question also refers to the respondent alone, rather than to all household members.

Page 8: "Because gun ownership is a strong correlate of firearm resistance (e.g., Kleck and Gertz, 1996, p. 187), we selected a national sample from commercial lists of likely gun owners. Of the eventual respondents, 83% did report the presence of a gun in their home."

Page 8: "This left 3006 households, an 81% response rate. The interviewers selected a single respondent from within each household. In a random 75% of the cases, the interviewers asked for the male head of household. In the remaining 25% they asked for the female head."

Page 10: "Table II. Types of Incidents of Firearm Defense...."

Type of Incident

Number of
Respondents

Percentage of
Respondents

No incident 2851 94.8%
Civilian against offender, clear 48 1.6%
Civilian against offender, ambiguous 24 0.8%
Law enforcement and security work 30 1.0%
Civilian against possible offender, no contact 20 0.7%
Against animals 13 0.4%
Carries gun for protection only 10 0.3%
Target shooting 8 0.3%
Military duties 2 0.1%

-------------------------------------------
Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..
If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

Lying? The vast majority of your own studies say less than 2 million. Show me mathematically given crime and ownership rates that 2 million is even possible.

I gave you a list of studies with at least 2 over 2 million and another 5 or so over 1 million. One of them by the anti gun bill clinton who had his Department of Justice create a study, by 2 anti gun researchers, to debunk Kleck's study…and they found 1.5 million defensive uses a year…and they designed and executed their own study.

Yes so the evidence is overwhelmingly against it being 2 million or more. Your studies are very old, if adjusted for today's crime rates your claim is even more ridiculous.

Yes so the evidence is overwhelmingly against it being 2 million or more. Your studies are very old, if adjusted for today's crime rates your claim is even more ridiculous.

Ok lets see the results of what I am suggesting:
The researchers followed up with the women after six months, then a year. At the one-year mark, the women who received the resistance training were less likely to have fallen victim to completed rape than the control group, with 5.2% self-reporting victimization vs. 9.8% in the control group. The risk reduction was even greater for attempted rape, with a ratio of 3.4% in the group who got the training, compared with 9.3% in the group who did not.

Now you are suggesting something that will not help at all in the vast majority of rapes and often has results like this:
Woman accidentally kills self adjusting bra holster
A Michigan woman accidentally shot herself to death last month while adjusting the .22-caliber revolver in her bra holster, police said Wednesday.

I think it is clear I am giving the better advice.

Wow...a whole 6 months on a college campus....one of the safest places for a woman to be.

I know great results but since they don't involve a gun you don't care. You have no interest in lowering rape, just selling more guns!

Fuck you brain, you are the one who wants to keep women from using the most effective tool to actually stop rape. College campuses are more than 17 year olds, staff, and older students and just by making the campus a concealed carry zone you drive away criminals. Gun Free zones draw criminals like flies…...

You just said it is a really safe place. I rest my case. You want to sell guns, not make anything better.

College campuses are currently gun free zones for victims……..making them concealed carry zones will keep the criminals away.

Yes gun free and as you said one of the safest places for a woman to be. Thank you.

Yes gun free and as you said one of the safest places for a woman to be. Thank you.

And places where rapists do search for prey….and mass shooters target victims, so yes…crime happens on college campuses and it would be nice to make sure any potential victims have the chance to stop the attack with the most effective tool. Are you actually this dumb, or do you just play dumb on t.v?

The fact remains he used his moms guns. Must make your happy she was armed.
No they don't outnumber criminal uses. Sorry. There are maybe 100k defenses each year. That's is dwarfed by the number of criminal uses.

I just averaged the studies......which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 40 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

And these aren't all of the studies either...there are more...and they support the ones below.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

--------------------

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

Page 7:

Within the past 12 months, have you yourself used a gun, even if it was not fired, to protect yourself or someone else, or for the protection of property at home, work, or elsewhere?

This is largely identical to the standard question from the other surveys, but the reference period is 1 year rather than 5 years. The question also refers to the respondent alone, rather than to all household members.

Page 8: "Because gun ownership is a strong correlate of firearm resistance (e.g., Kleck and Gertz, 1996, p. 187), we selected a national sample from commercial lists of likely gun owners. Of the eventual respondents, 83% did report the presence of a gun in their home."

Page 8: "This left 3006 households, an 81% response rate. The interviewers selected a single respondent from within each household. In a random 75% of the cases, the interviewers asked for the male head of household. In the remaining 25% they asked for the female head."

Type of Incident

Number of
Respondents

Percentage of
Respondents

No incident 2851 94.8%
Against animals 13 0.4%
Target shooting 8 0.3%
Military duties 2 0.1%

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..
If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

Lying? The vast majority of your own studies say less than 2 million. Show me mathematically given crime and ownership rates that 2 million is even possible.

I gave you a list of studies with at least 2 over 2 million and another 5 or so over 1 million. One of them by the anti gun bill clinton who had his Department of Justice create a study, by 2 anti gun researchers, to debunk Kleck's study…and they found 1.5 million defensive uses a year…and they designed and executed their own study.

Well dipstick, the studies show that Americans use guns at least 764,000 times a year, since all of the studies are over that number and that the number could be as high as 3 million…..so averaging all of the studies that do not include professionals, military and police, you get a number of about 2 million defensive uses a year…….

And places where rapists do search for prey….and mass shooters target victims, so yes…crime happens on college campuses and it would be nice to make sure any potential victims have the chance to stop the attack with the most effective tool. Are you actually this dumb, or do you just play dumb on t.v?

You are the one who said it is already a very safe place. So to save people from mass shootings that kill 130 or so each year you will introduce guns that accidently kill over 500. Now that is dumb.

--------------------

Page 7:

Type of Incident

Number of
Respondents

Percentage of
Respondents

No incident 2851 94.8%
Against animals 13 0.4%
Target shooting 8 0.3%
Military duties 2 0.1%

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Well dipstick, the studies show that Americans use guns at least 764,000 times a year, since all of the studies are over that number and that the number could be as high as 3 million…..so averaging all of the studies that do not include professionals, military and police, you get a number of about 2 million defensive uses a year…….

You are the one who said it is already a very safe place. So to save people from mass shootings that kill 130 or so each year you will introduce guns that accidently kill over 500. Now that is dumb.

505 in the entire country moron, in a country of over 320 million people. What part of very safe does not mean 100% safe don't you get? And the mass shooting rate is well under 100, not even breaking 80 even in really bad years. But mass shootings still happen, especially in gun free zones.

So allowing staff and eligible students to carry guns per their 2nd Amendment rights will make the campus even safer…..since mass shooters choose gun free zones to do their killing, and criminals will think twice once a few of them are shot on campus…..

505 in the entire country moron, in a country of over 320 million people. What part of very safe does not mean 100% safe don't you get? And the mass shooting rate is well under 100, not even breaking 80 even in really bad years. But mass shootings still happen, especially in gun free zones.

So allowing staff and eligible students to carry guns per their 2nd Amendment rights will make the campus even safer…..since mass shooters choose gun free zones to do their killing, and criminals will think twice once a few of them are shot on campus…..

So to save people from 80 deaths you want to invite in something that causes over 500. Now that is dumb.

Forum List

Back