Money does not buy elections....200 million spent on losers.....

(a) $200 million is a pittance. Starbucks sells more coffee than that in a month.

(b) Trump is not spending money because HE DOESN'T HAVE TO SPEND MONEY. The media are bringing his message out to the people for free.

(c) Money has influence, but anyone who still believes that money alone can buy an election for a mediocre candidate is not paying attention. JEB spent MILLIONS in New Hampshire and fell flat on his face.

(d) Money is "speech." If I want Ted Cruz to win I could buy an ad in the local birdcage-liner and say that, or I could just give my money to his campaign, where they will say it for me. Either way, it is me "speaking" my mind about his candidacy.

(a) $200 million is a pittance. Starbucks sells more coffee than that in a month.

(b) Trump is not spending money because HE DOESN'T HAVE TO SPEND MONEY. The media are bringing his message out to the people for free.

(c) Money has influence, but anyone who still believes that money alone can buy an election for a mediocre candidate is not paying attention. JEB spent MILLIONS in New Hampshire and fell flat on his face.

(d) Money is "speech." If I want Ted Cruz to win I could buy an ad in the local birdcage-liner and say that, or I could just give my money to his campaign, where they will say it for me. Either way, it is me "speaking" my mind about his candidacy.
Trump has spent countless millions over the decades building his media presence. He doesn't need to spend money during this election cycle building one because he already did.

Does anyone know what happens to the money in a candidate's campaign fund once he/she suspends campaign (for instance, Rubio). He couldn't have spent every cent, so where does that money go?

Does anyone know what happens to the money in a candidate's campaign fund once he/she suspends campaign (for instance, Rubio). He couldn't have spent every cent, so where does that money go?

They funnel it to other campaigns.

Forum List

Back