More Christians are conservative meanwhile Christ was liberal...

I admit that when I read that passage for the first time it made me angry. It was done based upon a MAN'S feelings of jealousy, no grounds or proof given, just his perception so SHE had to drink something that made her sick because her husband got a tick in his ephod.
did it never occur to you that if she didn't get sick and lose her child the husband would just have to suck it up and admit he was wrong because "YHWH had told him so!"........
You are not understanding that either way the potion given was going to make her sick.
perhaps because there is no reason at all to assume that is true.....you have simply made it up to satisfy your own assumptions.....

Dude you are spinning like a Tilt-O-Whirl. You are twisting what people say, putting words in their mouth and then acting all offended by the statement that no one said and you attributed to them, you are assigning labels ("liberal", etc) which are totally and completely inaccurate, you are creating ridiculous scenarios to try to wiggle your way out of what the Bible says, and you are engaging in arguments that have no bearing on the issue at hand. It makes no difference whatsoever whether I or Trinity are pro-life or pro-choice. The Bible says what it says and it doesn't magically change because of someone's political opinions. Well I guess for you it does because as you are pro-life you are desperately trying to massage Numbers 5 into saying what you want it to say in order to justify your political position.

For the record, I know Trinity personally...very well in fact...and for you to suggest she is pro-choice is about the most hilarious thing I have heard this week. She is about as pro-choice as Rick Santorum and she is a very strong Evangelical Christian. The difference is when she reads Numbers 5, she says "well shit. I am disappointed that the Bible says that but it clearly does". She doesn't try to force scripture to say something that it doesn't say just to support her personal views. You should take a lesson from her.

The Bible says what it says and it doesn't magically change because of someone's political opinions.

we have just demonstrated that it does......you have claimed this passage validates abortion when there is no indication at all in the Bible that even one woman miscarried under this test..........it obviously has different meanings for me and for you, and the difference is because of the assumptions we accept.......you believe the purpose of the test is to prove women guilty and I believe its purpose was to prove women innocent............

For the record, I know Trinity personally...very well in fact...and for you to suggest she is pro-choice is about the most hilarious thing I have heard this week. She is about as pro-choice as Rick Santorum and she is a very strong Evangelical Christian. The difference is when she reads Numbers 5, she says "well shit. I am disappointed that the Bible says that but it clearly does". She doesn't try to force scripture to say something that it doesn't say just to support her personal views. You should take a lesson from her.
actually, if she is opposed to abortion she should take a lesson from me and stop taking it for granted that because some idiot who wants to kill children told her the Bible promotes abortion there is no reason to believe the idiot........time for both of you to get your heads out of your ass and realize God has never ever promoted killing unborn children......

actually, if she is opposed to abortion she should take a lesson from me and stop taking it for granted that because some idiot who wants to kill children told her the Bible promotes abortion there is no reason to believe the idiot........time for both of you to get your heads out of your ass and realize God has never ever promoted killing unborn children......
I do not use that passage to validate abortion and I as far as I go with pro-choice is that it is one choice to do the deed and if consequences arise from that then you should deal with it. That is literally a life lesson. Do not engage in adult behavior until you are accepting of the consequence. Some things are in the bible as illustrations not as a rule and I believe this is one of them

The Bible says what it says and it doesn't magically change because of someone's political opinions.

we have just demonstrated that it does......you have claimed this passage validates abortion when there is no indication at all in the Bible that even one woman miscarried under this test..........it obviously has different meanings for me and for you, and the difference is because of the assumptions we accept.......you believe the purpose of the test is to prove women guilty and I believe its purpose was to prove women innocent............

Uh huh.
Spinning_daschund.gif

Does the bible tell you how to identify fools?
you took care of that when you got up on the stump and waved your arms........

---
Are you not waving your arms here ... "on the stump"?
ah, but I haven't said foolish things......

---
If you take the Bible or any other religious book seriously, and rationalize ideas based on such text, then you said foolish things.

Uneducated people hundreds of years ago had an excuse with such beliefs, but nowadays there are many more that can read & think independently, and have no excuse for dogmatic thinking.
Do you have an excuse?

I do not use that passage to validate abortion and I as far as I go with pro-choice is that it is one choice to do the deed and if consequences arise from that then you should deal with it. That is literally a life lesson. Do not engage in adult behavior until you are accepting of the consequence. Some things are in the bible as illustrations not as a rule and I believe this is one of them
if you folks are willing to state that killing unborn should not be permitted and that the Bible does not in fact condone abortion, then I am perfectly willing to retract my accusation that you are liberals......if you cannot do that, obviously you will have to admit that you are least partially liberal.......

if you folks are willing to state that killing unborn should not be permitted and that the Bible does not in fact condone abortion, then I am perfectly willing to retract my accusation that you are liberals......if you cannot do that, obviously you will have to admit that you are least partially liberal.......
I am not liberal period. I am so far right to be strong tea party right

so you believe you can be pro-abortion and still be a conservative?......

how about gun control?......can a conservative believe that individuals should not be able to own guns?......can a conservative be in favor of higher taxes?......single payer health care?...same sex marriage?...where do you draw the line?........

Where you made the assumption that anyone is this or that is beyond me. That passage is an illustration of what the procedure was in that day. Just like the bible says for kings not to multiply wives unto themselves. Well, they did! And it illustrates what a bad move it was. Some of the old testament was prophesy, some was the law, and some things were historical record and illustrations to learn from. You are discrediting me for a reason you made up not on points I have made

So the bible has no problem with its adherents going around calling people fools? Hmmm, pretty moronic book you have there.
why would it be moronic to speak the truth?.......
A book about how an invisible guy made fools and then wantred others to go around calling them fools and making fun of them like you're trying to do (btw, epic fail)? If that's not written by a moron...

Where you made the assumption that anyone is this or that is beyond me. That passage is an illustration of what the procedure was in that day. Just like the bible says for kings not to multiply wives unto themselves. Well, they did! And it illustrates what a bad move it was. Some of the old testament was prophesy, some was the law, and some things were historical record and illustrations to learn from. You are discrediting me for a reason you made up not on points I have made
you have attempted to justify abortion based on scripture that does not justify abortion.....I gave you an opportunity to specifically state you didn't intend to justify abortion and you didn't take it......I didn't make any assumptions, I just accepted your claims.......

So the bible has no problem with its adherents going around calling people fools? Hmmm, pretty moronic book you have there.
A book about how an invisible guy made fools and then wantred others to go around calling them fools and making fun of them like you're trying to do (btw, epic fail)? If that's not written by a moron...
nobody made you a fool....its the path you chose.....

---

Do you have an excuse?
only the fact you are mistaken.......

---
And you are not mistaken ...
in believing that "God" made the first woman from the first man's rib?
That our human species is forever doomed because Eve took an apple from a tree?
Eve's "free will" to disobey God gets God so angry that thousands of years later, he sees all of us as "sinners"?
God has such emotions?

If you are not mistaken in your belief, please explain who wrote such nonsense?

---

Do you have an excuse?
only the fact you are mistaken.......

---
And you are not mistaken ...
in believing that "God" made the first woman from the first man's rib?
That our human species is forever doomed because Eve took an apple from a tree?
Eve's "free will" to disobey God gets God so angry that thousands of years later, he sees all of us as "sinners"?
God has such emotions?

If you are not mistaken in your belief, please explain who wrote such nonsense?
God wanted Adam to stay in gay heaven with him, so God threw Adam & Eve out of Eden for having sex. True story.

nobody made you a fool....its the path you chose.....
No, you quote the bible to call me a fool and think it's okay to do so. A pretty childish book, no?

I respect Christianity but it makes no sense to me. The most part of my friend are religious enough. What I fail to comprehend is why every single one of my Christian friends label themselves as conservative. Doesn't that defy the fundamental teachings of the bible? Or am I making false assumptions and the bible is truly more conservative than liberal? What is the very nature of Christianity: liberal or conservative one?

Well Christ never said, give your money to me and I will distribute it evenly, which is what a liberal is.

Forum List

Back