More good News !Two anti gun Co libs recalled

Maybe next election that will change. It's not like democrats have done them any good.

Sad but we know politicians wont heed this warning.

That's OK. Plenty more voter backlash where that came from.

But you have to wonder... next time these gun laws come up for a vote (this time to repeal them), how many Democrat state senators will vote to keep the laws in place, after seeing what happened to their gun-rights-hating soul brothers on Tuesday?

But you have to wonder... next time these gun laws come up for a vote (this time to repeal them), how many Democrat state senators will vote to keep the laws in place, after seeing what happened to their gun-rights-hating soul brothers on Tuesday?

The anti-liberty left is dedicated to revoking civil rights - it's job #1 for the shameful democrats.

Still, hard to push an agenda if one is out of office.... I suspect the dims will back down on their attack on the Constitution, at least until after 2014.

The anti-liberty left is dedicated to revoking civil rights - it's job #1 for the shameful democrats.

Still, hard to push an agenda if one is out of office.... I suspect the dims will back down on their attack on the Constitution, at least until after 2014.

Frankly, I wouldn't mind if the gun-rights haters, instead of backing down enough to save their heinies, would go ahead and keep voting against repeal of these gun laws. Maybe they can get Colorado voters PO'ed enough to vote a bunch more of them out of office.

In the long term, that might be better in Colorado's interests, than keeping liberals in office that they'll have to constantly watch and threaten. Why not put people in office that AGREE with the voters instead?

Personally, I don't think this was an appropriate use of the recall process. They didn't break any laws, they weren't found in compromising positions with farm animals. They just voted -- after being duly elected -- in ways that some folks didn't like.

The problem here is that we now have opened Pandora's box: Do elections mean nothing now? Are we going to see a permanent, ongoing string of recall elections every time a politician votes on something? Holy shit, our political process is fucked up enough as it is, this will triple the gum in the works.

A senator is elected to represent the people who elected him or her.

If that senator votes against his employers( his constituents ) wishes, they use the recall process to fire that senator.

It's called accountability.
Many elected officials get confused about who works for whom.

Colorado's recall elections to unseat two Democrat state senators who had voted for increased gun restrictions, were successful on Tuesday. State Senate President John Morse and state Sen. Angela Giron, both Democrats who had voted for Colorado's new restrictions on law-abiding people owning guns, were removed from office by the statewide vote on Sept. 10.

Democrat officials appear enraged over the people's response to their actions. DNC chairman Debbie Wasserperson Schultz (who is not a Colorado citizen) is shouting out all the usual accusations, ranging from "voter suppression" to "Koch brothers" to vast right-wing conspiracies. And she includes the usual amount of evidence to back up her claims: None.

On July 1, 2013, new laws in Colorado went into effect, limiting magazines to 15 cartridges and requiring universal background checks. The laws had been passed during the hysteria over the Aurora theater shootings. Little mention was ever made that none of the laws would have stopped those shootings, or had any effect on lawbreakers. They only restricted people who obeyed laws - a characteristic not common among mass murderers such as the theater shooter.

------------------------------------------------

Top Dem: Colorado losses due to 'voter suppression, pure and simple' - The Hill's Ballot Box

Top Dem: Colorado losses due to 'voter suppression, pure and simple'

By Jonathan Easley - 09/11/13 09:04 AM ET

Successful recall elections Tuesday of two Democratic state senators in Colorado were because of “voter suppression, pure and simple,” Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz said Wednesday.

Wasserman Schultz blamed lawsuits filed by opponents of gun control to prevent voters from mailing in ballots, the late announcement of polling locations, and “efforts by the NRA, the Koch brothers and other right wing groups who know that when more people vote, Democrats win.”

“The recall elections in Colorado were defined by the vast array of obstacles that special interests threw in the way of voters for the purpose of reversing the will of the legislature and the people,” Wasserman Schultz, a Democratic lawmaker from Florida, said in a statement. “This was voter suppression, pure and simple.”

The recall effort in Colorado was backed by the National Rifle Association, which faulted the two Democrats for supporting gun control measures the group said lessened Second Amendment rights. “This effort was driven by concerned citizens, who made phone calls, knocked on doors, and worked diligently to turn voters out in this historic effort,” the NRA said in a statement after the defeat of Colorado state Senate President John Morse and state Sen. Angela Giron.

If the law is overturned somehow, then all gun violence will the fault of conservative voters. Something can be done to limit it, and conservatives refuse to do it.

Conservatives were upset by Newtown, but not very much. Newtowns are, to conservatives, a price worth paying.

[

No confusion at all.

As you guys are fond of pointing out when someone reminds you Bush stole the 2000 election, we are a Representative Republic.

We expect our representatives to review issues in a depth we don't have the time or skill to understand and make good decisions.

I mean, if you want to go to direct democracy to determine gun laws, that would be awesome, but I don't think you'd like the results much.

PHP:

Get rid of gun free zones.
Then you have no targets for these nuts.

Mass shootings never happen at a shooting range!!

That's because shooting ranges are usually members only, dumbass.

They are? I've never run into one of those, although I'm sure they exist.

ALL of the ones I've been to are either pay-to-shoot or at State facilities.... Who also charge a nominal fee (the State-run ones are often manned by butt-heads).

I used to go with some of my buddies every now and then. Not anymore.

I consider a gun a tool. And once you're proficient with that tool (I am) then what's the point in continued practice?

Now, if I'm out in the boonies camping and no one is within a few miles, I/we might set up some targets and pop off a few rounds at them. Gallon Plastic Jugs re-filled with colored water (Kool Aid) make a nice show when you hit them with a rifle round from a few hundred meters.

I don't get these guys (and gals) that stand 30' feet from a target, grasp the pistol with both hands in their best TV Cop Show imitation and slowly fire round after round at a bullseye target.

If you shoot someone that's 30' away from you.... You probably gonna have a problem with the Law. Plus, I don't like the two-handed grip on the pistol. Never did. Sure, it's more accurate but I still don't like it.

If a private citizen has got to use his/her gun, it's probably going to be in a panic situation at close range... 10' or less and you may very well only have time to get one hand on your pistol or you may have the other hand busy doing something else.... Like holding on to something or someone.

Practicing with both hands is okay, but NOT practicing with one hand is not.

Just my $.02 and worth less than that :dunno:
You just made PinkJoe wet his pants in terror.

[

No confusion at all.

As you guys are fond of pointing out when someone reminds you Bush stole the 2000 election, we are a Representative Republic.

We expect our representatives to review issues in a depth we don't have the time or skill to understand and make good decisions.

I mean, if you want to go to direct democracy to determine gun laws, that would be awesome, but I don't think you'd like the results much.

:lol:

The entire gun control movement is based on having more incidents like Delbert Belton and none like George Zimmerman. It isn't really guns they object to. That's just handy right now. The real prize is to criminalize self defense.

That's because shooting ranges are usually members only, dumbass.

They are? I've never run into one of those, although I'm sure they exist.

ALL of the ones I've been to are either pay-to-shoot or at State facilities.... Who also charge a nominal fee (the State-run ones are often manned by butt-heads).

I used to go with some of my buddies every now and then. Not anymore.

I consider a gun a tool. And once you're proficient with that tool (I am) then what's the point in continued practice?

Now, if I'm out in the boonies camping and no one is within a few miles, I/we might set up some targets and pop off a few rounds at them. Gallon Plastic Jugs re-filled with colored water (Kool Aid) make a nice show when you hit them with a rifle round from a few hundred meters.

I don't get these guys (and gals) that stand 30' feet from a target, grasp the pistol with both hands in their best TV Cop Show imitation and slowly fire round after round at a bullseye target.

If you shoot someone that's 30' away from you.... You probably gonna have a problem with the Law. Plus, I don't like the two-handed grip on the pistol. Never did. Sure, it's more accurate but I still don't like it.

If a private citizen has got to use his/her gun, it's probably going to be in a panic situation at close range... 10' or less and you may very well only have time to get one hand on your pistol or you may have the other hand busy doing something else.... Like holding on to something or someone.

Practicing with both hands is okay, but NOT practicing with one hand is not.

Just my $.02 and worth less than that :dunno:
You just made PinkJoe wet his pants in terror.

No, just concern myself that every years, thousands of you shoot your friends, neeighbors and relatives...

Like the gun whack who shot his girlfriend who was playing a prank on him.

Forum List

Back