More good News !Two anti gun Co libs recalled

The gun companies are intentionally marketting to the Lanzas and Holmes of the world...

Really? I'd like to see some examples of this campaign.

You're a psycho -- you MUST be on their mailing lists.

You mean other than the fact they fight to keep the gun show loophole open and oppose background checks and waiting periods?

It's really a clever marketting scheme. Make guns available to crazy people and criminals, and then when people who otherwise would have no use for a gun (which is a fairly expensive item to own and maintain) get scared enough, they'll buy them, too.

Absolutely fucking brilliant.

Colorado's recall elections to unseat two Democrat state senators who had voted for increased gun restrictions, were successful on Tuesday. State Senate President John Morse and state Sen. Angela Giron, both Democrats who had voted for Colorado's new restrictions on law-abiding people owning guns, were removed from office by the statewide vote on Sept. 10.

Democrat officials appear enraged over the people's response to their actions. DNC chairman Debbie Wasserperson Schultz (who is not a Colorado citizen) is shouting out all the usual accusations, ranging from "voter suppression" to "Koch brothers" to vast right-wing conspiracies. And she includes the usual amount of evidence to back up her claims: None.

On July 1, 2013, new laws in Colorado went into effect, limiting magazines to 15 cartridges and requiring universal background checks. The laws had been passed during the hysteria over the Aurora theater shootings. Little mention was ever made that none of the laws would have stopped those shootings, or had any effect on lawbreakers. They only restricted people who obeyed laws - a characteristic not common among mass murderers such as the theater shooter.

------------------------------------------------

Top Dem: Colorado losses due to 'voter suppression, pure and simple' - The Hill's Ballot Box

Top Dem: Colorado losses due to 'voter suppression, pure and simple'

By Jonathan Easley - 09/11/13 09:04 AM ET

Successful recall elections Tuesday of two Democratic state senators in Colorado were because of “voter suppression, pure and simple,” Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz said Wednesday.

Wasserman Schultz blamed lawsuits filed by opponents of gun control to prevent voters from mailing in ballots, the late announcement of polling locations, and “efforts by the NRA, the Koch brothers and other right wing groups who know that when more people vote, Democrats win.”

“The recall elections in Colorado were defined by the vast array of obstacles that special interests threw in the way of voters for the purpose of reversing the will of the legislature and the people,” Wasserman Schultz, a Democratic lawmaker from Florida, said in a statement. “This was voter suppression, pure and simple.”

The recall effort in Colorado was backed by the National Rifle Association, which faulted the two Democrats for supporting gun control measures the group said lessened Second Amendment rights. “This effort was driven by concerned citizens, who made phone calls, knocked on doors, and worked diligently to turn voters out in this historic effort,” the NRA said in a statement after the defeat of Colorado state Senate President John Morse and state Sen. Angela Giron.

If the law is overturned somehow, then all gun violence will the fault of conservative voters. Something can be done to limit it, and conservatives refuse to do it.

Conservatives were upset by Newtown, but not very much. Newtowns are, to conservatives, a price worth paying.

Do you have some type of suggestion that would reduce gun violence without making other types of violence increase by a larger factor?

Now they need to get rid of Obama ass licker Governor Hickenlooper .

Colorado grass-roots to Gov. Hickenlooper: You’re next!

They’ve only just begun to fight. As Twitchy reported earlier tonight, Colorado grass-roots activists scored a “Total Recall” of two prominent state Democratic legislators who spearheaded radical gun control legislation backed by out-of-state billionaire Michael Bloomberg and the gun-grabbing lobby.

Gov. John Hickenlooper, who remained AWOL for much of the recall campaign, was nowhere to be found in Colorado Springs or Pueblo. The writing is on the wall.

Great day for #Freedom and #Liberty in Colorado. Hickenlooper better be watching, because he is next. #CoRecall #Co2014

[
Many elected officials get confused about who works for whom.

No confusion at all.

As you guys are fond of pointing out when someone reminds you Bush stole the 2000 election, we are a Representative Republic.

We expect our representatives to review issues in a depth we don't have the time or skill to understand and make good decisions.

I mean, if you want to go to direct democracy to determine gun laws, that would be awesome, but I don't think you'd like the results much.

You are a wackadoodle conspiracy nut? That explains a lot, like why you think up is left.

The gun companies are intentionally marketting to the Lanzas and Holmes of the world...

You mean other than the fact they fight to keep the gun show loophole open and oppose background checks and waiting periods?

It's really a clever marketting scheme. Make guns available to crazy people and criminals, and then when people who otherwise would have no use for a gun (which is a fairly expensive item to own and maintain) get scared enough, they'll buy them, too.

They are probably smart enough to know that the gun show loophole only exists in the minds of conspiracy nuts, which would save them a lot of money trying to keep it open. If they aren't, no skin off my nose.

[
Many elected officials get confused about who works for whom.

No confusion at all.

As you guys are fond of pointing out when someone reminds you Bush stole the 2000 election, we are a Representative Republic.

We expect our representatives to review issues in a depth we don't have the time or skill to understand and make good decisions.

I mean, if you want to go to direct democracy to determine gun laws, that would be awesome, but I don't think you'd like the results much.
You sure do seem proud of being unable to live your life without input from a politician. :cool:

I know you need your views handed to you. Not everyone is mentally incompetent like you, though.

WE hand our representatives their views...not the other way around.

You want an oligarchy. No, thanks.

They are? I've never run into one of those, although I'm sure they exist.

ALL of the ones I've been to are either pay-to-shoot or at State facilities.... Who also charge a nominal fee (the State-run ones are often manned by butt-heads).

I used to go with some of my buddies every now and then. Not anymore.

I consider a gun a tool. And once you're proficient with that tool (I am) then what's the point in continued practice?

Now, if I'm out in the boonies camping and no one is within a few miles, I/we might set up some targets and pop off a few rounds at them. Gallon Plastic Jugs re-filled with colored water (Kool Aid) make a nice show when you hit them with a rifle round from a few hundred meters.

I don't get these guys (and gals) that stand 30' feet from a target, grasp the pistol with both hands in their best TV Cop Show imitation and slowly fire round after round at a bullseye target.

If you shoot someone that's 30' away from you.... You probably gonna have a problem with the Law. Plus, I don't like the two-handed grip on the pistol. Never did. Sure, it's more accurate but I still don't like it.

If a private citizen has got to use his/her gun, it's probably going to be in a panic situation at close range... 10' or less and you may very well only have time to get one hand on your pistol or you may have the other hand busy doing something else.... Like holding on to something or someone.

Practicing with both hands is okay, but NOT practicing with one hand is not.

Just my $.02 and worth less than that :dunno:
You just made PinkJoe wet his pants in terror.

No, just concern myself that every years, thousands of you shoot your friends, neeighbors and relatives...

Like the gun whack who shot his girlfriend who was playing a prank on him.
Bullshit. You don't give a damn about the victims. The more there are, the happier you are...because that gives you a taller soapbox of dead bodies to preach gun control from.

Fail. Once again, you fail -- utterly, completely, totally. A damn near infinite amount of fail.

You really should stop making grand pronouncements. Normal people simply don't believe your crap.

Personally, I don't think this was an appropriate use of the recall process. They didn't break any laws, they weren't found in compromising positions with farm animals. They just voted -- after being duly elected -- in ways that some folks didn't like.

The problem here is that we now have opened Pandora's box: Do elections mean nothing now? Are we going to see a permanent, ongoing string of recall elections every time a politician votes on something? Holy shit, our political process is fucked up enough as it is, this will triple the gum in the works.

You don't consider violating the Constitutional Rights of their citizens a violation of law?

I think that when a politician is elected under false pretense, or is willing to write and/or vote for laws that knowingly violated the Constitution, they should not only be recalled, but spend some time in jail.

Pro-Recall Ad: “Democrat Shenanigans” Killed Mail Ballots

A lawsuit filed by the Libertarian party, on behalf of a candidate who did not even make the ballot, produced the court decision that stopped mail ballots. the defense against that suit included recall campaigns, county clerks involved, and even GOP Secretary of State Scott Gessler

Hmmm, seems most people in Colorado vote through the mail. For some strange reason, mail in ballots were blocked holding down the vote.

More voter suppression? Seems so. Obviously, this won't be the end of the story.

Pro-Recall Ad: “Democrat Shenanigans” Killed Mail Ballots

A lawsuit filed by the Libertarian party, on behalf of a candidate who did not even make the ballot, produced the court decision that stopped mail ballots. the defense against that suit included recall campaigns, county clerks involved, and even GOP Secretary of State Scott Gessler

Hmmm, seems most people in Colorado vote through the mail. For some strange reason, mail in ballots were blocked holding down the vote.

More voter suppression? Seems so. Obviously, this won't be the end of the story.

they cheated --LOL

Yes, gun control is a losing issue. And when another bunch of children die for the right of the gunnuts to own military grade weapons that are of no legal use, they will once again defend the right of the insane to own such weapons. Just as today they defend the right of parents to kill their children by carelessly leaving loaded guns where children can get them.

It's a great day when people like this can buy guns again...

Colorado%20Movie%20Massace_Ja%201.jpg

Not to worry, the Theater companies are putting up short film on what do do if someone shoots up the place.

a coupla perfect examples showing that dumb fucks talking outta their asses are gonna be dumb fucks talking outta their asses...

Last edited:
....and the law still stands, the governorship, the state House and the state Senate are still in Dem control; and Dems get to choose successors for the recalled Senators.

:lol:
:rofl:
:lmao:

It's a good thing that all of that taxpayer money was spent

....and the law still stands, the governorship, the state House and the state Senate are still in Dem control; and Dems get to choose successors for the recalled Senators.

:lol:
:rofl:
:lmao:

Wrong again there sparky. Republicans take the vacated seats. Nice try.

COLORADO SPRINGS — In a historic recall election Tuesday, voters ousted state Senate President John Morse over his support of tougher gun laws passed earlier this year.

Morse thanked and urged fellow lawmakers to continue fighting Tuesday as results showed he would lose his job.

"It has been an honor to represent the 11th Senate District," said Morse, who is the first Colorado lawmaker to be recalled and thrown out of office. "It's been hugely rewarding."

With almost 100 percent of votes counted in the historic recall election of Morse, returns show 51 percent have voted "yes" and 49 percent "no."

Morse called the legislative session where he and Democratic colleagues passed stricter new gun

RECALL RESULTS 2013
Ballot Issue State Senate 3 - Recall Giron
100% reporting
Yes
56.0%
(19,355)
No
43.9%
(15,201)
UPDATED 53 MINUTES AGO

Ballot Issue State Senate 11 - Recall Morse
100% reporting
Yes
50.9%
(9,094)
No
49.0%
(8,751)
UPDATED 1 HOUR, 19 MINUTES AGO

Photos: Colorado Recall Election 2013
laws a successful one.
"We as the Democratic Party will continue to fight," Morse said.

He added: "The highest rank in a democracy is citizen, not Senate President, so soon, along with many of you, I will hold that rank and there's nothing citizens can't accomplish when they put their minds to accomplishing it."

Hugs and tears were plentiful in the ballroom at his election night party Tuesday.

Republican Bernie Herpin, who won Tuesday night's recall election addressed a crowd of about 75 supporters in a cramped room at the El Paso County GOP Headquarters.

"Thank you to the voters in Senate District 11, thank you for supporting the recall and for giving me a chance to serve you. thank you for standing up to yourselves and demanding to be heard," Herpin said in his victory speech.

He added: "This election was about defending the constitution, standing up for our rights and deciding how best to let us decide how to defend ourselves."

The Republican crowd became emotional after hearing Morse had conceded, with cheering and wild applause breaking out as soon as the announcement had been made.

Herpin supporter Calandra Varga said she had been working all summer getting information to voters about the recall, and fought back tears as she talked about Herpin winning the recall.

"I'm more excited Morse is out," Varga said. "I think we're replacing a very authoritarian style of leadership with someone who is more approachable."

The ouster of Morse comes after months of legal spats, millions of dollars in donations and a barrage of intense TV and radio advertisements.

"Tonight is a victory for the people of the State of Colorado, who have been subject to the overreach of a Democrat agenda on guns, taxes, and accountability to the people," said Tim Knight, Founder of the Basic Freedom Defense Fund. "Since day one, they said it couldn't be done. Tonight, this is a victory for the people of Colorado, and we share this victory with them."

There are currently 69,481 active voters registered in Morse's district.

It was the same for the lady (Giron). A republican takes her seat as well. You've let your "jubilation" cloud the facts. yet again.

Last edited:
It's a good thing that all of that taxpayer money was spent

All of WHAT taxpayer money spent sparky? The DEMS outspent the REPUBS by 10 to 1 and STILL got their asses waxed. The (R)s spent an estimated $300,000 while the idiot (D)s spent in excess of $3,000,000.

How about getting your facts straight? Yes, the Dems still hold a majority - by 1 vote now.

Last edited:
I'm not talking about outside money, champ. I'm talking about all of the taxpayer money that is spent in any election.

Forum List

Back