More normal people with guns, more criminals getting shot during criminal attacks….good.

That's one out of 42. That actually is a high number. We've recalled products for less defects than that.

Tell you what, I'll give you a bowl of M&M where one out of 42 had cyanide in it. Want to chow down?
What a juvenile, nonsensical attempt at comparison.

What a juvenile, nonsensical attempt at comparison.
You might have a point there. Most sensible people wouldn't eat the M&M's where one out of 42 is poisoned.

If you are one out of 42 who gets wrongfully convicted by corrupt cops, inept public defenders and politically motivated prosecutors, you have to fight like hell to exonerate yourself, and it often takes years.

You might have a point there. Most sensible people wouldn't eat the M&M's where one out of 42 is poisoned.

If you are one out of 42 who gets wrongfully convicted by corrupt cops, inept public defenders and politically motivated prosecutors, you have to fight like hell to exonerate yourself, and it often takes years.
Generally speaking the supposed innocent one is guilty of lots and just got accused of the one thing they didnt do. Almost all wrongly convicted were career criminals with maybe 1 in 10 being truly innocent.

I see you're having a problem with with logical sequences and cogent thoughts. Poisoned candy would be an issue of product liability.

Politically motivated (leftist) prosecutors Is an issue faced by this country. That's a bit different than product liability. Wowza you don't understand those distinctions

Generally speaking the supposed innocent one is guilty of lots and just got accused of the one thing they didnt do. Almost all wrongly convicted were career criminals with maybe 1 in 10 being truly innocent.
This your argument, "Well, you probably did something, so it's okay if we execute you?"

This is really your argument?

I see you're having a problem with with logical sequences and cogent thoughts. Poisoned candy would be an issue of product liability.

Politically motivated (leftist) prosecutors Is an issue faced by this country. That's a bit different than product liability. Wowza you don't understand those distinctions

Actually, it's red state prosecutors who are sending innocent men to Death Row... For instance, in IL, it was the whole DuPage Republican machine that send Rolando Cruz to death row twice even after another guy confessed to the murder.

This your argument, "Well, you probably did something, so it's okay if we execute you?"

This is really your argument?

Actually, it's red state prosecutors who are sending innocent men to Death Row... For instance, in IL, it was the whole DuPage Republican machine that send Rolando Cruz to death row twice even after another guy confessed to the murder.
Obviously, there's much more to that story than you're unable to understand. Your version intentionally omits relevant facts.

In 1979, there were nearly two automobile fatalities for each gun death. According to a study by Bloomberg, by 2015 firearm fatalities will surpass motor vehicle accidents as a cause of death.

The massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School has ignited a debate about gun safety, which is typical after a mass shooting. However, President Obama, in a speech to the residents of Newtown, CT, vowed to do more to stop gun violence. If this is true, he’ll have to take a look at the leading cause of gun deaths — suicide.

Eighty-five Americans are shot dead every day. Of those 53 — or 62 percent — are suicides.

Suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in America. You’re more likely to die in an accident and much more likely to die in a hospital suffering from heart disease or cancer. But if you’re going to die by a firearm, it will probably be the result of suicide.

There are 51,438 licensed retail gun stores in America, more than three times the number of McDonald’s restaurants.

Daniel Webster, director of the Johns Hopkins University Center for Gun Policy, told Bloomberg that it’s unclear if gun ownership is linked to violence. But there seems to be a clear link to gun availability, and familiarity with guns and suicide.

A Harvard University study conducted in 2007 found that “States with higher levels of household gun ownership had higher rates of firearm suicide and overall suicide.”

Adolescents who commit suicide by firearm generally use the family gun. Veterans have continually demonstrated high rates of suicide by firearm. Suicide by firearm is, of course, much more effective than other methods.

Gun deaths have been slowly rising since 2000, while deaths related to motor vehicles have plummeted since 2007.

Those who oppose further regulation of guns make the argument that guns are necessary for self-defense.

The 2011 study “Guns in the home provide greater health risk than benefit” showed that a gun is more likely to send a family member to the emergency room or the morgue than to ever be used against an intruder.

As the nation considers what can be done about gun violence, the issue of how to protect gun owners from themselves definitely needs to be considered

We will wait while you explain how it is that all of these other countries with extreme gun control have higher suicide rates than we do.....

Canada....more young people in canada commit suicide

STATCanadaUnited States
Ages 15-2415 per 100,000 people
Ranked 4th. 9% more than United States
13.7 per 100,000 people
Ranked 7th.
Ages 25-3418 per 100,000 people
Ranked 8th. 18% more than United States
15.3 per 100,000 people
Ranked 10th.
Ages 35-4419.2 per 100,000 people
Ranked 8th. 25% more than United States
15.3 per 100,000 people
Ranked 12th.
Ages 45-5418.5 per 100,000 people
Ranked 10th. 29% more than United States
14.3 per 100,000 people
Ranked 13th.
Ages 55-6415.1 per 100,000 people
Ranked 11th. 14% more than United States
13.3 per 100,000 people
Ranked 13th.
Ages 65-7412.1 per 100,000 people
Ranked 14th.
15.3 per 100,000 people
Ranked 11th. 26% more than Canada
Ages above 7512.2 per 100,000 people
Ranked 15th.
22 per 100,000 people
Ranked 10th. 80% more than Canada
SOURCES: GECD Society at a Glance 2001, Statistical Annex Table D3

https://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/Canada/United-States/Crime/Suicide-rates

Methods in japan..

https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/jea/14/6/14_6_187/_pdf

And yet Scotland has a higher suicide rate than the U.S......Japan, where only criminals and cops have guns, has a higher suicide rate than the U.S....Sweden has a higher suicide rate than the U.S....Denmark has a higher suicide rate than the u.S.....

France

Germany,

Hungary

Iceland

New Zealand

Poland

Norway

Japan

South Korea

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/world/suiciderate.html

Scotland..

15.7 suicides per 100,000

In 2019?

16.7 suicides per 100,000.

And in the U.S.?

13.93 per 100,000

Suicide facts and figures

Changes in Suicide Rates — United States, ...

South Korea 24.7

Hungary 21

Japan 19.4

Belgium 18.4

Finland 16.5

France 14.6

Austria 13.8

Poland 13.8

Czec Republic 12.7

New Zealand 11.9

Denmark 11.3

Sweden 11.1

Norway 10.9

Slovac Republic 10.9

Iceland 10.3

Germany 10.3

Canada 10.2

United States 10.1

A new report by Unicef contains a shocking statistic - New Zealand has by far the highest youth suicide rate in the developed world.
A shock but no surprise - it's not the first time the country tops that table.
The Unicef report found New Zealand's youth suicide rate - teenagers between 15 and 19 - to be the highest of a long list of 41 OECD and EU countries.
The rate of 15.6 suicides per 100,000 people is twice as high as the US rate and almost five times that of Britain.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-40284130

Another year...Japan and 20 other countries with higher suicide rates than U.S....

https://www.nli-research.co.jp/files/topics/51104_ext_18_en_0.pdf?site=nli

That's one out of 42. That actually is a high number. We've recalled products for less defects than that.

Tell you what, I'll give you a bowl of M&M where one out of 42 had cyanide in it. Want to chow down?
If I was only eating ONE candy I'd take those odds.

We will wait while you explain how it is that all of these other countries with extreme gun control have higher suicide rates than we do.....

Canada....more young people in canada commit suicide

STATCanadaUnited States
Ages 15-2415 per 100,000 people
Ranked 4th. 9% more than United States
13.7 per 100,000 people
Ranked 7th.
Ages 25-3418 per 100,000 people
Ranked 8th. 18% more than United States
15.3 per 100,000 people
Ranked 10th.
Ages 35-4419.2 per 100,000 people
Ranked 8th. 25% more than United States
15.3 per 100,000 people
Ranked 12th.
Ages 45-5418.5 per 100,000 people
Ranked 10th. 29% more than United States
14.3 per 100,000 people
Ranked 13th.
Ages 55-6415.1 per 100,000 people
Ranked 11th. 14% more than United States
13.3 per 100,000 people
Ranked 13th.
Ages 65-7412.1 per 100,000 people
Ranked 14th.
15.3 per 100,000 people
Ranked 11th. 26% more than Canada
Ages above 7512.2 per 100,000 people
Ranked 15th.
22 per 100,000 people
Ranked 10th. 80% more than Canada
SOURCES: GECD Society at a Glance 2001, Statistical Annex Table D3

https://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/Canada/United-States/Crime/Suicide-rates

Methods in japan..

https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/jea/14/6/14_6_187/_pdf

And yet Scotland has a higher suicide rate than the U.S......Japan, where only criminals and cops have guns, has a higher suicide rate than the U.S....Sweden has a higher suicide rate than the U.S....Denmark has a higher suicide rate than the u.S.....

France

Germany,

Hungary

Iceland

New Zealand

Poland

Norway

Japan

South Korea

Scotland..

15.7 suicides per 100,000

In 2019?

16.7 suicides per 100,000.

And in the U.S.?

13.93 per 100,000

Suicide facts and figures

Changes in Suicide Rates — United States, ...

South Korea 24.7

Hungary 21

Japan 19.4

Belgium 18.4

Finland 16.5

France 14.6

Austria 13.8

Poland 13.8

Czec Republic 12.7

New Zealand 11.9

Denmark 11.3

Sweden 11.1

Norway 10.9

Slovac Republic 10.9

Iceland 10.3

Germany 10.3

Canada 10.2

United States 10.1

A new report by Unicef contains a shocking statistic - New Zealand has by far the highest youth suicide rate in the developed world.
A shock but no surprise - it's not the first time the country tops that table.
The Unicef report found New Zealand's youth suicide rate - teenagers between 15 and 19 - to be the highest of a long list of 41 OECD and EU countries.
The rate of 15.6 suicides per 100,000 people is twice as high as the US rate and almost five times that of Britain.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-40284130

Another year...Japan and 20 other countries with higher suicide rates than U.S....

https://www.nli-research.co.jp/files/topics/51104_ext_18_en_0.pdf?site=nli
Your Washington Post link is from 2005. In your Canada-U.S. comparison chart, the U.S. is ranked from 7th to 13th in the suicide rate, depending on age. Does that mean the U.S. is among the top 13 nations for suicides, out of 195 countries in the world?

Nope posting to a link doesn't make up for the fact that the cops lied about his confession, and insisted on prosecuting him THREE TIMES even though they knew another guy did it
Eyup. Posting a link has a way of refuting simple, "because I say so", claims

up. Posting a link has a way of refuting simple, "because I say so", claims
Except your link didn't refute anything. They admit that Rolando Cruz was wrongly prosecuted.

So it kind of backs up my argument.

Me: the Sky is Blue
Hollie: No, here's my link to the sky being blue.

Except your link didn't refute anything. They admit that Rolando Cruz was wrongly prosecuted.

So it kind of backs up my argument.

Me: the Sky is Blue
Hollie: No, here's my link to the sky being blue.
Except Cruz actually did confess to the crime.

You: "because I say so"

Me: the facts prove otherwise.

Except Cruz actually did confess to the crime.

You: "because I say so"

Me: the facts prove otherwise.

No, actually, he didn't. The Police lied about the confession. That's why the conviction was thrown out.

The cops and prosecutors were then put on trial for trying to lynch the poor man.

From your own link.

Ultimately, police said Cruz gave the police a story–in the form of a dream statement–that they believed implicated Cruz himself. In the process, Alejandro Hernandez and Stephen Buckley were also implicated.

SNIP

In 1995, after Cruz’s second conviction was reversed and lawyers were preparing for a third trial, a police lieutenant testified at a pre-trial hearing that he took a call from two detectives who reported Cruz had made admissions. By the time the third trial started, the lieutenant had discovered that he was on vacation in Florida on the day in question and could not have taken the phone call from the detectives. The lieutenant's testimony created a damaging link in the claim that Cruz had made admissions and was a critical factor in the trial court judge acquitting Cruz at the close of the prosecution evidence on November 3, 1995.

No, actually, he didn't. The Police lied about the confession. That's why the conviction was thrown out.

The cops and prosecutors were then put on trial for trying to lynch the poor man.

From your own link.

Ultimately, police said Cruz gave the police a story–in the form of a dream statement–that they believed implicated Cruz himself. In the process, Alejandro Hernandez and Stephen Buckley were also implicated.

SNIP

In 1995, after Cruz’s second conviction was reversed and lawyers were preparing for a third trial, a police lieutenant testified at a pre-trial hearing that he took a call from two detectives who reported Cruz had made admissions. By the time the third trial started, the lieutenant had discovered that he was on vacation in Florida on the day in question and could not have taken the phone call from the detectives. The lieutenant's testimony created a damaging link in the claim that Cruz had made admissions and was a critical factor in the trial court judge acquitting Cruz at the close of the prosecution evidence on November 3, 1995.
From my link:

Ultimately, police said Cruz gave the police a story–in the form of a dream statement–that they believed implicated Cruz himself.

From my link:

Ultimately, police said Cruz gave the police a story–in the form of a dream statement–that they believed implicated Cruz himself.

Police said, then admitted that the senior officer who claimed to have received the statement was on vacation on the dates in question.
So... the police lied, because they were under pressure to get someone for this crime, and then kept going after him even after the real killer confessed.

Clarification isn't reversal.

One case of what? A gun being used to murder someone in the house?

Happens all the time. Like that Mormon Twit who anihilated his whole family last month.

OR this guy who killed his wife and kids

People kill people
People have always killed people
People will always kill people

This is a fact as true as gravity

Forum List

Back