More Oooops for the climate crusaders!

The big picture: Rhodium compared China's emissions to nations in the multilateral Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development as of 2019 and all 27 EU members. The chart above shows totals.

• The analysis also showed that on a per-capita basis, China's 2019 emissions were close to the OECD average. The firm expects that the final 2020 data will show China's per-capita emissions exceeded the OECD average.
  • Rhodium's Larsen notes China's per-capita rise stems from higher living standards, China's relatively fossil-intensive power mix and its export-focused manufacturing.
What we're watching: The steps China takes — or doesn't — in coming years to breathe life into its pledge to have its emissions peak before 2030 and reach carbon neutrality by 2060.

By the numbers: China's emissions are over a quarter of the world's total. Their per-capita emissions were over 10 tons of CO2-equivalent in 2019, but that's still far below the world-leading U.S. at 17.6 tons, per Rhodium.

How about telling your progressive master to get off his ass and start sanctioning China until they cut down on their emissions? Oh yeah, China Joe owes China for giving billions to Hunter...
I didn't vote for Joe and I'm not a Democrat. The world isn't binary.

This is a really stupid argument. China is the worst so nobody else should care?

No, the First World nations are already the cleanest you can possibly get without doing stupid things to their economies. Thus, if you truly cared about the environment, and not about destroying the First World, you would work on getting china to stop throwing their shit all over the world.

This is a really stupid argument. China is the worst so nobody else should care?

No, the First World nations are already the cleanest you can possibly get without doing stupid things to their economies. Thus, if you truly cared about the environment, and not about destroying the First World, you would work on getting china to stop throwing their shit all over the world.
We could be investing more into solar and nuclear R&D, and we should be.

The big picture: Rhodium compared China's emissions to nations in the multilateral Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development as of 2019 and all 27 EU members. The chart above shows totals.

• The analysis also showed that on a per-capita basis, China's 2019 emissions were close to the OECD average. The firm expects that the final 2020 data will show China's per-capita emissions exceeded the OECD average.
  • Rhodium's Larsen notes China's per-capita rise stems from higher living standards, China's relatively fossil-intensive power mix and its export-focused manufacturing.
What we're watching: The steps China takes — or doesn't — in coming years to breathe life into its pledge to have its emissions peak before 2030 and reach carbon neutrality by 2060.

By the numbers: China's emissions are over a quarter of the world's total. Their per-capita emissions were over 10 tons of CO2-equivalent in 2019, but that's still far below the world-leading U.S. at 17.6 tons, per Rhodium.

Lol.....nobody cares

China builds 2-3 coal plants/ month and will be building them at that place until 2030

Every year they make emission pledges and don't come close to meeting them.
Only the unicorn chasers trust the on their green pledges.

Now really.....how hysterical is this?

China’s Greenhouse Gas Emissions Exceeded The Rest Of The Developed World Combined, Report

How many times do we see goofballs like Crick and Mamooth jumping out if their shorts about the "science" of global warming and how vital it is for America to drop fossil fuels and go 100% renewables.

But China is not caring and to boot, will be opening 2-3 coal plants/month for the next nine years.

So....where is the logic of spending tens of trillions of $$ if we are not going to also build a 35,000 foot lexan dome over the lower 48?

dOy
There is no greater source of pollution, hot air or poison than that which escapes the mouth of a single bed wetting liberal drone's mouth while at rest. Get the fuckin piece of shit riled up about reducing abortion, securing 2nd Amendment Rights, or preventing election fraud and you have a volcanic level of insipid shit that will do more to compromise humanity than China could want to deliver.

Now really.....how hysterical is this?

China’s Greenhouse Gas Emissions Exceeded The Rest Of The Developed World Combined, Report

How many times do we see goofballs like Crick and Mamooth jumping out if their shorts about the "science" of global warming and how vital it is for America to drop fossil fuels and go 100% renewables.

But China is not caring and to boot, will be opening 2-3 coal plants/month for the next nine years.

So....where is the logic of spending tens of trillions of $$ if we are not going to also build a 35,000 foot lexan dome over the lower 48?

dOy
There is no greater source of pollution, hot air or poison than that which escapes the mouth of a single bed wetting liberal drone's mouth while at rest. Get the fuckin piece of shit riled up about reducing abortion, securing 2nd Amendment Rights, or preventing election fraud and you have a volcanic level of insipid shit that will do more to compromise humanity than China could want to deliver.

That made me burst out laughing dude :abgg2q.jpg:

I agree with the Nuke, but not the Solar. Solar is fine along the west coast as a stand alone power supply for a desalination plant for fresh water, but as a Grid level power source it is an abject failure until the technology gets orders of magnitude better. Something that won't happen until the government stops subsidizing failure.

Since i dont live in Californication, i dont give a rats ass about the pollution there, but i do have an issue with the progressive elites telling me i have to cut back on CO2 while the jet all over the world chumming up with China and India, causing more CO2 than most of the US.
You might not think so but China is making efforts to lower their emissions. It's hard though. They are trying to meet the energy needs of over a billion people. I don't think anybody is suggesting that China doesn't have a big role to play, or that none of the responsibility should be theirs.

Really? How? Be specific. Be advised that EVERY CO2 reduction plan exempts them.

Like we havent already...How did that Solyndra shit go during Obama's bailout?

I think that was less an investment in R&D and more a subsidy to market a product that wasn't ready yet. Solar is improving at an impressive pace. It would be stupid of us to not capitalize on the technology as much as we can.

Do you focus on hangnails or broken arteries first?
I'm an American. I can't do much about China. Can you? I agree that they should be urged to take it seriously. I think they are taking it seriously though. It's just not easy to handle energy needs in a totally green way when you have a developing country with over a billion people in it.

China is the second economic power in the world and you call them a developing nation. You are just too fking funny.

I think that was less an investment in R&D and more a subsidy to market a product that wasn't ready yet. Solar is improving at an impressive pace. It would be stupid of us to not capitalize on the technology as much as we can.

No it isn't. Solar is stalled. Every major solar power plant is an abject failure. Where do you get your info from because you need a better source.

No it isn't. Solar is stalled. Every major solar power plant is an abject failure. Where do you get your info from because you need a better source.

Hyperbolic bullshit is still bullshit. Opinions are not facts. Give us some facts, not propaganda, Mkay...

Hyperbolic bullshit is still bullshit. Opinions are not facts. Give us some facts, not propaganda, Mkay...

Um...

Pretty sure there were some relevant figures in those links, but whatever you say dude.

Forum List

Back