More proof that US gun laws make the US more dangerous than every country in Europe.

11000 of the suicides were by gun, snowflakes.

UK is much safer than USA in terms of gun violence.
One does not need a firearm to kill themselves and Japan proves the point.
You have no point. USA is more dangerous from gun violence statistically than the UK.
But you cited a bullshit number in support of your claim and I and others called you on it. As for FACTS murder and crime by firearm are way down during the last 3 decades.

You have no point. USA is more dangerous from gun violence statistically than the UK.
But you cited a bullshit number in support of your claim and I and others called you on it. As for FACTS murder and crime by firearm are way down during the last 3 decades.
11000 suicides by firearms is not way down in anyone's sane world.

Japan, South Korea, Japan...and even France have more siucides, moron........guns are not the issue...

Japan, South Korea, Japan...and even France have more siucides, moron........guns are not the issue...
If they are being used, they sure are, little buddy

If they are being used, they sure are, little buddy

Hey...dipshit...actual numbers...

Leading Causes of Death | WISQARS | Injury Center | CDC

Gun suicide...

Non Gun suicide...

---------

Gun suicide....21,334
non gun....21,439

Regarding gun violence, that may be correct. Violence, in general, I'm not so sure. I know I've read stats in the past that have shown their rate of violent assaults and other crimes are higher than ours.

And in this country, guns make us safer...they are driving down the crime rates....

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400 million guns in private hands and over 15 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2016...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%
--gun crime down 75%
--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Regarding gun violence, that may be correct. Violence, in general, I'm not so sure. I know I've read stats in the past that have shown their rate of violent assaults and other crimes are higher than ours.

Their gun violence rates are way up....and so are their over all violent crime rates....they have cut back on police...spending their money on their social welfare programs...and after decades of single teenage girls having multiple children from multiple boyfriends with no adult role models....they are churning out young, male sociopaths......

Gun crime in London increases by 42% - BBC News

Gun crime offences in London surged by 42% in the last year, according to official statistics.
The Met Police's figures showed there were 2,544 gun crime offences from April 2016 to April 2017 compared to 1,793 offences from 2015 until 2016.
Knife crime also increased by 24% with 12,074 recorded offences from 2016 to 2017.

============

Violent crime on the rise in every corner of the country, figures suggest

But analysis of the figures force by force, showed the full extent of the problem, with only one constabulary, Nottinghamshire, recording a reduction in violent offences.

The vast majority of police forces actually witnessed double digit rises in violent crime, with Northumbria posting a 95 per cent increase year on year.

Of the other forces, Durham Police recorded a 73 per cent rise; West Yorkshire was up 48 per cent; Avon and Somerset 45 per cent; Dorset 39 per cent and Warwickshire 37 per cent.

Elsewhere Humberside, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Kent, Wiltshire and Dyfed Powys all saw violence rise by more than a quarter year on year.

mail

And how many lives are saved by guns each year....here is a look at that number...

More Lives Are Saved by Defensive Gun Uses Than Taken by Criminal Gun Uses - The Truth About Guns

To figure out how many lives are saved by defensive gun uses, I turn once again to Kleck and Gertz’s article Armed Resistance to Crime: The Prevalence and Nature of Self-Defense with a Gun. They found that 15.7 percent of people involved in a DGU believed that they “almost certainly” saved theirs or someone else’s life.

That might strike some people as an awfully large percentage. But if you take into account the fact that most locales regard the mere act of pulling a gun as deadly force, combined with the fact that most places require someone to be in “reasonable fear of imminent death or great bodily harm” before he or she can lawfully use deadly force, the number seems feasible.

In addition to the “almost certainly” pool, The K-G study also found that 14.6 percent of respondents believed that someone “probably would have” been killed if not for their DGU.

Because I want my numbers to be distinctly conservative let’s say that nine out of 10 of the “almost certainly” folks were wrong. And let’s say that 99 out of 100 of the “probably” people were also incorrect. That means we can state with a fair degree of certainty that at least 1.716 percentof the 1.46 million DGUs actually saved a life.

That translates to over 25,000 lives saved annually by guns.

According to the CDC, between 1999 and 2010 there were an average of 11,740 gun-related homicides annually. In 2014 the number was 10,945.

Bottom line: for every criminal firearm homicide (most of which consist of criminals shooing other criminals) more than two lives are saved by defensive gun uses.

Protection against government tyranny considerations aside, this is the human value of the Second Amendment.

Typical nonsense from you. I ran the numbers from the link you provided, and if you look at the fitness (coefficient correlation) of the two sets of data gun ownership and homicides by gun, there is a fitness of less than zero (r= -0.1008039198). Remembering that r factor of 1 equals perfect fit , -1 equals perfect inverse relationship, and 0 equals no relationship at al, the data youprovided suggests the opposite of what you claim. If anything there some lowering of the homicide rate by gun violence the more gun ownership there is in a given socety.

Out of curiosity, I compared homicides by gun violence and percent of blacks in a population and came up with a respectable r=0.2503632039.

In other words, having blacks in your population has a much greater impact on deaths by gun violence than having guns in your population. But then, you knew that, didn't you.

take away gun violence by the gangs and the US is probably one of the safest places on the planet......
Yup, discount all the deaths caused by..................Americans !!
my son just came back from living a couple of years in your country timmy....the citizens he was talking to were saying England overall is seeing much more violence......
Maybe we will see murders nearing American rates one day.

take away gun violence by the gangs and the US is probably one of the safest places on the planet......

No...by criminals who are already legally barred from buying,owning or carrying guns.....and you banned guns and your gun murder rate did not change.....and in fact...your gun crime rate in London went up 42%......

And your kids...are knifing each other ....and soon they will be using guns.....since you can't keep them from getting the,....
All of Europe is safer. Every fucking country in Europe is safer. Whatever their gun laws. Because gun ownership is much lower than in America. And not just a bit safer. Safer by miles you stat spewing cretin.

Suicides happen with OUT firearms dumb ass.

No...by criminals who are already legally barred from buying,owning or carrying guns.....and you banned guns and your gun murder rate did not change.....and in fact...your gun crime rate in London went up 42%......

And your kids...are knifing each other ....and soon they will be using guns.....since you can't keep them from getting the,....
All of Europe is safer. Every fucking country in Europe is safer. Whatever their gun laws. Because gun ownership is much lower than in America. And not just a bit safer. Safer by miles you stat spewing cretin.

LMAO you can't possibly be that stupid to seriously think that.

Forum List

Back