More proof that US gun laws make the US more dangerous than every country in Europe.

take away gun violence by the gangs and the US is probably one of the safest places on the planet......

No it's not. Not even close.

You have highest rate of domestic violence murders, the highest rate of suicide by gun, the highest rate of accidental shootings, and the highest rate of killings by police.

Not to mention that no country comes close to number of mass shootings in schools or other public facilities.

Americans are quick to say it's all gang violence but far more murders are committed by whites than inner city gangs.
And yet no where near the highest rate of suicides per capita. Go figure one does not need a firearm to kill themselves and if you take them away they will STILL kill themselves.

take away gun violence by the gangs and the US is probably one of the safest places on the planet......

You have highest rate of domestic violence murders, the highest rate of suicide by gun, the highest rate of accidental shootings, and the highest rate of killings by police.

Not to mention that no country comes close to number of mass shootings in schools or other public facilities.

Americans are quick to say it's all gang violence but far more murders are committed by whites than inner city gangs.
And yet no where near the highest rate of suicides per capita. Go figure one does not need a firearm to kill themselves and if you take them away they will STILL kill themselves.
Not as easily, no. That's all for tonight.

Nobody is forced to own a gun.

If you are against guns, don't buy one.

Last edited:
Considering that a Brit has 8 to 12% chance of being hurt by a gun than American, one knows your statement is staring at you.

So your logic is that if you are stabbed, hit by brass knuckles or a beer bottle, that's okay.

Got it!

Crazy.gif

Countries classify violent crime differently. This leads to discrepancies in the data.

How many threads have you started on this same topic and used these exact words?

I believe you are actually a gun advocate and just start these threads to repeatedly put the facts out there about how much safer they make our country.

Keep up the work!

Markle, stop the nonsense.

An American citizen, based on relevant states based on per capita averaging, has seven to eight more chances of being injured by guns than the British.

You just repeat the same nonsense. So long as you are the victim of a violent crime, and the perpetrator didn't use a gun, it doesn't count. You're not really in the hospital maimed for life.

Again...got it!

According to whom? You?

Yes, 11,000 out of 330,000,000 is a trivial number. That amounts to 00.033%.

Of those 11,000, how many would have committed suicide anyway?

I'm morbidly depressed. Oh shucks, I don't have a gun so I just can't commit suicide!

Crazy.gif

Gun ownership around the world, mapped

Who would have thought that everybody having a gun would affect the murder rate ?

The US is cracking up.
Yep. The good ole US is cracking up.

Good thing we are armed when the shit hits the fan.

I'd keep my distance if I were you.

America is not a place for those of you who are weak or fragile.
images
My sincerest apologies Jake.

It is your selfie.

I was under the impression it was Tommy.

You should have taken better care of your teeth.

You are a little young to be without.

Reputable links, please
no link on this jake....i heard this on npr radio driving home from work when i was still in California,and this was a show about gun violence in California, the panelist were 4 police chiefs and the attorney general....and the AG said if you take away the gang shootings in this state and then look at the stats cals shootings drop a whole bunch of percentage points making it a pretty safe place comparatively...and they all felt there is no reason it should be any different in any other state....i reported this a couple of days after i heard this in one of our gun violence threads...so its out there in print....
Thank you. And, respectfully to the AG et al, thirty thousands die by gun each year.
how many of those are gangs shooting each other or some poor kid who got in the crossfire?...

Yup, discount all the deaths caused by..................Americans !!
my son just came back from living a couple of years in your country timmy....the citizens he was talking to were saying England overall is seeing much more violence......
Maybe we will see murders nearing American rates one day.
so that tells me you agree that there is more violence showing up over there.....

Yup, discount all the deaths caused by..................Americans !!

No...by criminals who are already legally barred from buying,owning or carrying guns.....and you banned guns and your gun murder rate did not change.....and in fact...your gun crime rate in London went up 42%......

And your kids...are knifing each other ....and soon they will be using guns.....since you can't keep them from getting the,....
All of Europe is safer. Every fucking country in Europe is safer. Whatever their gun laws. Because gun ownership is much lower than in America. And not just a bit safer. Safer by miles you stat spewing cretin.
that will eventually change....you are letting many people in who think killing people not like them is just fine...

yea it is.....remove all this and the numbers go way down.....
Chicago's murder rate keeps rising and the gangs can't be stopped
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/03/nyregion/new-york-city-shootings-gang-violence.html?_r=0
Chicago gang members say more police won't stop the murders
Homicides, gang-related killings are down in Portland for 2016
'Gang-related': a controversial term with varying definitions - The Homicide Report

You can rank the table by gun homicides per capita.
Obviously Honduras and various third world places top the chart. The US isnt in the top 20 coming in at 3.2%

Way down the list, amongst all the countries of "falling apart Europe" comes the UK on 0.07%

In the period under review there were 41 gun murders in the UK all year. That is a horrific figure but in the US its really just a saturday night.

That you gun nuts are even trying to debate this shows how deluded that you are.

The OP is not under dispute. All of Europe is safer than gun crazy America.

Gun ownership around the world, mapped

Who would have thought that everybody having a gun would affect the murder rate ?

The US is cracking up.

Gun crime in London is up 42% genius...last year".....and you banned guns......

And what actually happened here?

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400 million guns in private hands and over 15 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2016...guess what happened...
-- gun murder down 49%
--gun crime down 75%
--violent crime down 72%

And Americans use guns to stop violent crime 1,500,000 times a year.....while in your country...violent crime has sky's rocketed..........your country is more violent than the U.S.....our law abiding citizen are less likely to be a victim of murder..since most of our gun murder victims are actual criminals...and so our people at less likely to be victims of violent crime than yours are.....and it isn't going to get better for you...

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.
=======
Your nonsense has been batted down time and again.

And guess what?

UK is far safer than the USA to live from gun violence.

Run along.

No...our gun violence is going down...theirs is now going up...and they banned guns....and their violence rate is up 90% in areas of Britain.....70% in other areas and up at least 24% all over the country....
Odd, Trump ran on rampant violence.

You can rank the table by gun homicides per capita.
Obviously Honduras and various third world places top the chart. The US isnt in the top 20 coming in at 3.2%

Way down the list, amongst all the countries of "falling apart Europe" comes the UK on 0.07%

In the period under review there were 41 gun murders in the UK all year. That is a horrific figure but in the US its really just a saturday night.

That you gun nuts are even trying to debate this shows how deluded that you are.

The OP is not under dispute. All of Europe is safer than gun crazy America.

Yes the OP is under dispute. And this article destroys it.

Comparing murder rates and gun ownership across countries - Crime Prevention Research Center

You don't even need that article to destroy your OP article. The article merely is counting guns per country. And then you're comparing it with strictly GUN Crime. And then YOU are cherry picking the countries that only help your point, while ignoring the ones that blatantly go against your point. There is no correlation, and its proved by your own article. On top of that you article isnt comparing crime rates over time, or crime rates without gun control vs with gun control in those countries. Again in Switzerland you are issued a full auto assault rifle (if you choose to keep it) and it's the safest place on earth. And on the other hand countries with the strictest gun laws are also some of the most dangerous places on earth (look at our southern neighbor). So where's the correlation??? Here's the facts, England is a freaking island, that does not have constant drug and cartel wars raging in our cities and across our boarders. Since they've instituted their gun ban, their gun crime had doubled in a decade. If we were to cease our governments war on drugs, the crime rate in America practically evaporates.

In EVERY single instance of a country enacted gun control, the murder rates (as well as crime rates) in that country go up. EVERY SINGLE INSTANT. Look it up yourself if you do not believe me.

Gun Facts | Gun Control and Crime in non-US Countries

Harvard gun study concludes gun bans don’t reduce the murder rate - Hot Air

Last edited:

Forum List

Back