More proof that US gun laws make the US more dangerous than every country in Europe.

the gun nuts cannot get around the fact that the Brits are much safer than American when it comes to gun violence.

not really.

our murder rate is skewed by an extremely small percentage of the population and most of those murders are committed by people with criminal records already who buy illegal guns

people who buy own and carry guns legally are not the problem
Yeah, they are: they kill, too. Considering that a Brit has 8 to 12% chance of being hurt by a gun than American, one knows your statement is staring at you.

AMericans use guns 1,500,000 times a year to stop violent crime and to save lives.......and in those numbers 25,000 lives are saved by citizens with guns.....

Gun facts in America...

# of times Guns used to stop crime each year....1,500,000

Lives saved with guns.....25,000

Gun murder 2015....9,616

The numbers are clear....Americans with guns save lives...

BRitain will need to learn this math if they keep up their levels of violence.

take away gun violence by the gangs and the US is probably one of the safest places on the planet......
Yup, discount all the deaths caused by..................Americans !!

No...by criminals who are already legally barred from buying,owning or carrying guns.....and you banned guns and your gun murder rate did not change.....and in fact...your gun crime rate in London went up 42%......

And your kids...are knifing each other ....and soon they will be using guns.....since you can't keep them from getting the,....
All of Europe is safer. Every fucking country in Europe is safer. Whatever their gun laws. Because gun ownership is much lower than in America. And not just a bit safer. Safer by miles you stat spewing cretin.

Nope....we have a tiny area of our country that has the gun crime........and, of course, that is where there are the least number of guns and the strictest gun control......2% of our counties have the majority of all murder.......so most of America is even safer than Europe......
These states had a gun murder yesterday.30 odd murders which is quite typical. Seems to be quite widespread to me. There were no gun murders in the UK btw.

Utah

Louisiana

Delaware

Texas

Texas

Maryland

New York

Arizona

New York

Tennessee

New York

Arizona x 2

Ohio

California

Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania

Alabama x 2

California

Illinois

Alabama

Oklahoma

Arkansas

Texas

Illinois

Louisiana

Washington

Missisippi

Kansas

take away gun violence by the gangs and the US is probably one of the safest places on the planet......

No...by criminals who are already legally barred from buying,owning or carrying guns.....and you banned guns and your gun murder rate did not change.....and in fact...your gun crime rate in London went up 42%......

And your kids...are knifing each other ....and soon they will be using guns.....since you can't keep them from getting the,....
All of Europe is safer. Every fucking country in Europe is safer. Whatever their gun laws. Because gun ownership is much lower than in America. And not just a bit safer. Safer by miles you stat spewing cretin.

Nope....we have a tiny area of our country that has the gun crime........and, of course, that is where there are the least number of guns and the strictest gun control......2% of our counties have the majority of all murder.......so most of America is even safer than Europe......
These states had a gun murder yesterday.30 odd murders which is quite typical. Seems to be quite widespread to me. There were no gun murders in the UK btw.

Utah

Louisiana

Delaware

Texas

Texas

Maryland

New York

Arizona

New York

Tennessee

New York

Arizona x 2

Ohio

California

Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania

Alabama x 2

California

Illinois

Alabama

Oklahoma

Arkansas

Texas

Illinois

Louisiana

Washington

Missisippi

Kansas

And guns are used each year 1,500,000 times to stop rapes, robberies and murders here....and they save 25,000 lives a year......

What are you going to do when your murder rate goes up....? You are heading there, fast.....and you are all unarmed, and your police are getting the short end of the welfare state finances......

Utah

Louisiana

Delaware

Texas

Texas

Maryland

New York

Arizona

New York

Tennessee

New York

Arizona x 2

Ohio

California

Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania

Alabama x 2

California

Illinois

Alabama

Oklahoma

Arkansas

Texas

Illinois

Louisiana

Washington

Missisippi

Kansas

Nothing in that answers the multiple challenges made in this thread.

You are engaged in the Logical Fallacy of Proof by Assertion.

YOu are a propagandist and your point is invalidated.

You lose.

Utah

Louisiana

Delaware

Texas

Texas

Maryland

New York

Arizona

New York

Tennessee

New York

Arizona x 2

Ohio

California

Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania

Alabama x 2

California

Illinois

Alabama

Oklahoma

Arkansas

Texas

Illinois

Louisiana

Washington

Missisippi

Kansas
Stay out of the US. Problem solved!

Utah

Louisiana

Delaware

Texas

Texas

Maryland

New York

Arizona

New York

Tennessee

New York

Arizona x 2

Ohio

California

Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania

Alabama x 2

California

Illinois

Alabama

Oklahoma

Arkansas

Texas

Illinois

Louisiana

Washington

Missisippi

Kansas

You lose.

Don't worry....time is not on his side....violence levels in Britain are going to show him as being a fool......right now...kids as young as 6 feel they need to carry knives to school for protection.....and their violent crime rates are up 90% in some area of Britain.....how long do you think it will take before those factors lead to more murders?

Tommy is living in a fantasy world about to be bitch slapped by reality....

Utah

Louisiana

Delaware

Texas

Texas

Maryland

New York

Arizona

New York

Tennessee

New York

Arizona x 2

Ohio

California

Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania

Alabama x 2

California

Illinois

Alabama

Oklahoma

Arkansas

Texas

Illinois

Louisiana

Washington

Missisippi

Kansas

You lose.

Megalolz !! The figures havent moved since I started the thread.

All of Europe is safer than the US. every fucking country.

All of your nitpicking and deflecting cannot alter that indisputable fact.

Data?

I don't necessarily disagree, given the data in the Chart of the OP. Central America's gun violence is high too, and drugs are likely a cause of the high rates of homicide. Clearly more guns is not the answer.

That said, the War on Drugs is a failure, and has created gangs and gun violence in the US.

Utah

Louisiana

Delaware

Texas

Texas

Maryland

New York

Arizona

New York

Tennessee

New York

Arizona x 2

Ohio

California

Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania

Alabama x 2

California

Illinois

Alabama

Oklahoma

Arkansas

Texas

Illinois

Louisiana

Washington

Missisippi

Kansas

You lose.

Megalolz !! The figures havent moved since I started the thread.

All of Europe is safer than the US. every fucking country.

All of your nitpicking and deflecting cannot alter that indisputable fact.

Tom....time is not on your side....your social welfare state is churning out young male sociopaths.....and your social welfare state is gutting your police forces........

and your people are unarmed in the face of the oncoming horde.......

you are screwed and you don't even know it....

Data?

I don't necessarily disagree, given the data in the Chart of the OP. Central America's gun violence is high too, and drugs are likely a cause of the high rates of homicide. Clearly more guns is not the answer.

That said, the War on Drugs is a failure, and has created gangs and gun violence in the US.

Yes...more guns are the answer........the law abiding are helpless in the face of drug cartels.....look at Mexico..absolute gun control for normal people...and the drug cartels and their police and military allies are butchering innocent people in the 10s of thousands every year.......

Gun ownership around the world, mapped
Who would have thought that everybody having a gun would affect the murder rate ?
The US is cracking up.

The OP is more proof that Communist SOB's here in the USA want Americans disarmed so that people like Nicolas Maduro can order snipers to take out protesters in the streets.

Venezuela general orders snipers to prepare for clash with protesters

The OP of this thread is a threat to your well being and your family's safety.
Murderers will use cars and other weapons even if guns were not available and what the OP conveniently fails to address is the massive number of people saved because they were armed each year.

GUNS don't kill people....CRIMINALS kill people. Focus on criminals, moron.

You can rank the table by gun homicides per capita.
Obviously Honduras and various third world places top the chart. The US isnt in the top 20 coming in at 3.2%

Way down the list, amongst all the countries of "falling apart Europe" comes the UK on 0.07%

In the period under review there were 41 gun murders in the UK all year. That is a horrific figure but in the US its really just a saturday night.

That you gun nuts are even trying to debate this shows how deluded that you are.

The OP is not under dispute. All of Europe is safer than gun crazy America.

Yes the OP is under dispute. And this article destroys it.

Comparing murder rates and gun ownership across countries - Crime Prevention Research Center

You don't even need that article to destroy your OP article. The article merely is counting guns per country. And then you're comparing it with strictly GUN Crime. And then YOU are cherry picking the countries that only help your point, while ignoring the ones that blatantly go against your point. There is no correlation, and its proved by your own article. On top of that you article isnt comparing crime rates over time, or crime rates without gun control vs with gun control in those countries. Again in Switzerland you are issued a full auto assault rifle (if you choose to keep it) and it's the safest place on earth. And on the other hand countries with the strictest gun laws are also some of the most dangerous places on earth (look at our southern neighbor). So where's the correlation??? Here's the facts, England is a freaking island, that does not have constant drug and cartel wars raging in our cities and across our boarders. Since they've instituted their gun ban, their gun crime had doubled in a decade. If we were to cease our governments war on drugs, the crime rate in America practically evaporates.

In EVERY single instance of a country enacted gun control, the murder rates (as well as crime rates) in that country go up. EVERY SINGLE INSTANT. Look it up yourself if you do not believe me.

Gun Facts | Gun Control and Crime in non-US Countries

Harvard gun study concludes gun bans don’t reduce the murder rate - Hot Air
You are deflecting. All of Europe is safer than the US. Why is that ? We are not as heavily armed as you are.

There may be other minor factors but in general family rows in civilised Europe dont end in a body count and neither do our toddlers outkill terrorists. Every European country has a lower gun murder rate than the US. Every fucking one.

GUN murder rate! Thanks for proving my point! And how am I deflecting?!?! I am directly addressing your OP and even citing your own article. You're the one deflecting, again how do you explain how the Swiss are walking around with full autos, and yet they're in the safest place on earth????

80% of our gun murder rates a directly gang related. And those are only the ones we've proven to be gang related genius. You're ignoring you're own article. Gun crime doubled in the U.K. since gun control was implemented...why is that. The murder rate in Australia went up 10% after gun control was implemented why is that? And Switzerland still remains the safest country on earth, with citizens being issued FULL AUTO (I trust you know what that means) assault rifles left and right. All of these countries that have implemented gun control ALWAYS ALWAYS see a spike in gun murder rates, regular murder rates, and crime.

48% of US citizens are law abiding gun owners, and 99% of them get along swimmingly with everyone around them. Gun control only applies to people who follow the law. And responsible gun owners are thwarting crimes and murders multiple times a day. But yea let's ignore all of those stories. There are more guns in the US than there are illegal immigrants, and you'd probably agree it's impossible to round up all illegals, what makes you think we'll be able to round up all the guns in this country, from criminals who we don't even know have them. It's ludicrous.

You are cherry picking info from your article, when you're own article is contradicting you!! Did you even read it? The data is right there. And then I posted numerous articles about how your article doesn't even come close to giving an accurate full picture, and then you deflect and ignore it. You are incapable of having an honest conversation about guns, if you're only looking at the gun murder rate, you're putting on the narrowest of blinders. If that's what you need to do, whatever, the rest of us are going to keep being gun owners, and I'll keep shooting the coons going after my chickens at night. Because a gun is a tool, nothing else, I can use for hunting or self defense, or I can use it to kill my wife. A knife is a tool, I can use it to slice tomatoes, or I can use it to stab my wife. I can drive my car to work, or I can use it to plow through crowds of people. I can clean myself in my bathtub, or drown somebody in it.

I have directly addressed your OP, you chose to ignore it and claim that I'm deflecting. Have honestly if you really want conversation, if you want to wave a flag with ear muffs on, I'm done with this thread.

Obviously Honduras and various third world places top the chart. The US isnt in the top 20 coming in at 3.2%

Way down the list, amongst all the countries of "falling apart Europe" comes the UK on 0.07%

In the period under review there were 41 gun murders in the UK all year. That is a horrific figure but in the US its really just a saturday night.

That you gun nuts are even trying to debate this shows how deluded that you are.

Comparing murder rates and gun ownership across countries - Crime Prevention Research Center

You don't even need that article to destroy your OP article. The article merely is counting guns per country. And then you're comparing it with strictly GUN Crime. And then YOU are cherry picking the countries that only help your point, while ignoring the ones that blatantly go against your point. There is no correlation, and its proved by your own article. On top of that you article isnt comparing crime rates over time, or crime rates without gun control vs with gun control in those countries. Again in Switzerland you are issued a full auto assault rifle (if you choose to keep it) and it's the safest place on earth. And on the other hand countries with the strictest gun laws are also some of the most dangerous places on earth (look at our southern neighbor). So where's the correlation??? Here's the facts, England is a freaking island, that does not have constant drug and cartel wars raging in our cities and across our boarders. Since they've instituted their gun ban, their gun crime had doubled in a decade. If we were to cease our governments war on drugs, the crime rate in America practically evaporates.

In EVERY single instance of a country enacted gun control, the murder rates (as well as crime rates) in that country go up. EVERY SINGLE INSTANT. Look it up yourself if you do not believe me.

You are deflecting. All of Europe is safer than the US. Why is that ? We are not as heavily armed as you are.

There may be other minor factors but in general family rows in civilised Europe dont end in a body count and neither do our toddlers outkill terrorists. Every European country has a lower gun murder rate than the US. Every fucking one.

GUN murder rate! Thanks for proving my point! And how am I deflecting?!?! I am directly addressing your OP and even citing your own article. You're the one deflecting, again how do you explain how the Swiss are walking around with full autos, and yet they're in the safest place on earth????

80% of our gun murder rates a directly gang related. And those are only the ones we've proven to be gang related genius. You're ignoring you're own article. Gun crime doubled in the U.K. since gun control was implemented...why is that. The murder rate in Australia went up 10% after gun control was implemented why is that? And Switzerland still remains the safest country on earth, with citizens being issued FULL AUTO (I trust you know what that means) assault rifles left and right. All of these countries that have implemented gun control ALWAYS ALWAYS see a spike in gun murder rates, regular murder rates, and crime.

48% of US citizens are law abiding gun owners, and 99% of them get along swimmingly with everyone around them. Gun control only applies to people who follow the law. And responsible gun owners are thwarting crimes and murders multiple times a day. But yea let's ignore all of those stories. There are more guns in the US than there are illegal immigrants, and you'd probably agree it's impossible to round up all illegals, what makes you think we'll be able to round up all the guns in this country, from criminals who we don't even know have them. It's ludicrous.

You are cherry picking info from your article, when you're own article is contradicting you!! Did you even read it? The data is right there. And then I posted numerous articles about how your article doesn't even come close to giving an accurate full picture, and then you deflect and ignore it. You are incapable of having an honest conversation about guns, if you're only looking at the gun murder rate, you're putting on the narrowest of blinders. If that's what you need to do, whatever, the rest of us are going to keep being gun owners, and I'll keep shooting the coons going after my chickens at night. Because a gun is a tool, nothing else, I can use for hunting or self defense, or I can use it to kill my wife. A knife is a tool, I can use it to slice tomatoes, or I can use it to stab my wife. I can drive my car to work, or I can use it to plow through crowds of people. I can clean myself in my bathtub, or drown somebody in it.

I have directly addressed your OP, you chose to ignore it and claim that I'm deflecting. Have honestly if you really want conversation, if you want to wave a flag with ear muffs on, I'm done with this thread.

Well you can pick at rises and falls anywhere in the world but the figure that actually matters shows that ALL OF EUROPE IS SAFER THAN THE US. There is no conversation on that subject other than it is a fact . The conversation should be about how you address this.

Data?

Yes...more guns are the answer........the law abiding are helpless in the face of drug cartels.....look at Mexico..absolute gun control for normal people...and the drug cartels and their police and military allies are butchering innocent people in the 10s of thousands every year.......

Your obsession with guns is not only pathological, it defies logic.

The dishonesty that resides in the left is because they don't differentiate gun violence between different groups of people. To them, someone shot in a drug deal gone bad by felons not even legally allowed to own a gun is the same as a bad guy getting shot breaking into someones house or a teenager tired of being bullied at school splatting their brain matter all over their bedroom wall.

Until the left is willing to differentiate those groups of people and not lump all "gun violence" into the same category, you'll never have an honest debate with them.

Well you can pick at rises and falls anywhere in the world but the figure that actually matters shows that ALL OF EUROPE IS SAFER THAN THE US. There is no conversation on that subject other than it is a fact . The conversation should be about how you address this.

No....there is actually more to the conversation than you want to talk about.......Europe had been less violent than the U.S. before they confiscated guns, that is after all the warfare in the middle ages, the Napoleonic wars, the 30 years war...and so on.........until, of course they murdered 12 million people in gas chambers....you mean except for that?

And keep in mind....had the civilians in Europe been as armed as Americans...the Germans could never have conquered that territory...

But on to today....The culture of Europe was less violent after World War 2 than the United States....before they banned guns....they had lots of crime in Britain......and guns...they didn't use those guns to murder their crime victims...

The gun murder stats show this......you had a low gun murder rate before you banned guns.....and then in 1996 you banned guns...and your gun murder rate went up...why is that tommy? And then....after about 10 years of the ban...the gun murder rate went back to the exact same level it was at before you banned guns...why is that tom?

The only ones who lost their guns were normal people....the criminals still had their guns....and they used them in crime...they just didn't commit murder with them....so guns are not the issue........

You can't understand that....but it is the truth.

So this isn't about guns...this is about the culture of the criminal class........

And yours is changing....at the same time your social welfare state is stripping resources from your police forces...

And take away the violence from the gangs in other countries and those other countries are even safer.

It's amazing what you can see when you cheat.

The dishonesty that resides in the left is because they don't differentiate gun violence between different groups of people. To them, someone shot in a drug deal gone bad by felons not even legally allowed to own a gun is the same as a bad guy getting shot breaking into someones house or a teenager tired of being bullied at school splatting their brain matter all over their bedroom wall.

Until the left is willing to differentiate those groups of people and not lump all "gun violence" into the same category, you'll never have an honest debate with them.

The problem with the right is they separate different groups of people to justify not doing anything, not helping anyone.

Why do you think Europe doesn't have a ghetto problem like the US has? Oh, forgot to include that thought process in there, didn't you?

Data?

Your obsession with guns is not only pathological, it defies logic.

I don't have an obsession with guns.....I have an obsession with human Rights and the ability of good people to protect themselves from people like you......

The obsession with guns is actually what the left wing suffers from...there is no gun law too stupid that they won't support......gun laws that do not stop criminals from getting and using guns.......yet they support all of them......that is pathological and defies logic.........

This is you.....create a new gun law....it doesn't stop the crime you said it would stop.....so we want another gun law to stop the same crime we said the first law would stop.....and then that also fails....gun crime increases, gun murder increases in democrat cities....so we want another law to stop the same crime the first two laws didn't stop.....

And the whole time....the law abiding people...the ones not using guns for crimes.....become criminals due to your new laws for simply failing to fill out the right paperwork, owning guns that used to be legal but now aren't, for carrying legal guns into places where it is no longer legal to carry them......and they are criminals, not because they actually used the gun to commit a crime...but because you created a law that was stupid...and pointless....

That is insane, and defies logic....

Forum List

Back