More record temps

Worldwide, Gallup surveys in 111 countries found that the percentage of people who view global warming as a serious threat rose from 41% in 2007 to 42% in 2010.
A thousand years ago, most people thought the world was flat.

Did that make it true?

Myth of the Flat Earth
Oh davedumb, you just never manage to be right about anything. That's sad. Completely to be expected though, given how extremely retarded you are.

A few misguided fools now believe, in spite of overwhelming evidence to the contrary, that mankind has nothing to do with the current abrupt warming trend the Earth is experiencing.

Does that make it true?

I pretty much figured that a retard like you would be getting his misinformation from some lame-ass denier cult blog like that one but thanks for confirming it. LOL. You really are sooooo clueless. Other people (like me) cite NASA, NOAA, the NSIDC, UCAR, Scientific American, papers from reputable peer-reviewed science journals and scientists at major universities. Retards like you and your denier cult butt-buddies cite nonsense and drivel written by non-climate scientists stooging for the fossil fuel industry that you scrape off of denier cult blogs and Exxon funded 'think-tanks'/propaganda outlets. LOL.

Your post show you can't comprehend how to click on a link.
How many post have I made that I used NASA as a source?
LOL. You poor deluded idiot, you've never actually used NASA as a source. You're just too retarded to realize that. You've used denier cult blogs that claimed a "NASA source" but those were lies. As I demonstrated by posting links to the actual NASA website that directly contradicted your stupid drivel, moron.

You are a lying son of a bitch here is one of those NASA links I used and you have blatantly lied and said I did not
NASA said there was no arctic ice melting you said there was.

NASA did not say that, retard. You're just too stupid to understand what you read.

Here's what NASA actually has to say about the Arctic ice.

Arctic Sea Ice Continues Decline, Hits Second-Lowest Level
NASA

Oct. 4, 2011
(govt. publication - free to reproduce)

WASHINGTON -- Last month the extent of sea ice covering the Arctic Ocean declined to the second-lowest extent on record. Satellite data from NASA and the NASA-supported National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC) at the University of Colorado in Boulder showed that the summertime sea ice cover narrowly avoided a new record low.

The Arctic ice cap grows each winter as the sun sets for several months and shrinks each summer as the sun rises higher in the northern sky. Each year the Arctic sea ice reaches its annual minimum extent in September. It hit a record low in 2007.

The near-record ice-melt followed higher-than-average summer temperatures, but without the unusual weather conditions that contributed to the extreme melt of 2007. "Atmospheric and oceanic conditions were not as conducive to ice loss this year, but the melt still neared 2007 levels," said NSIDC scientist Walt Meier. "This probably reflects loss of multiyear ice in the Beaufort and Chukchi seas as well as other factors that are making the ice more vulnerable."

Joey Comiso, senior scientist at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Md., said the continued low minimum sea ice levels fits into the large-scale decline pattern that scientists have watched unfold over the past three decades.

"The sea ice is not only declining, the pace of the decline is becoming more drastic," Comiso said. "The older, thicker ice is declining faster than the rest, making for a more vulnerable perennial ice cover."

While the sea ice extent did not dip below the 2007 record, the sea ice area as measured by the microwave radiometer on NASA's Aqua satellite did drop slightly lower than 2007 levels for about 10 days in early September, Comiso said. Sea ice "area" differs from extent in that it equals the actual surface area covered by ice, while extent includes any area where ice covers at least 15 percent of the ocean.

Arctic sea ice extent on Sept. 9, the lowest point this year, was 4.33 million square kilometers (1.67 million square miles). Averaged over the month of September, ice extent was 4.61 million square kilometers (1.78 million square miles). This places 2011 as the second lowest ice extent both for the daily minimum extent and the monthly average. Ice extent was 2.43 million square kilometers (938,000 square miles) below the 1979 to 2000 average.

This summer's low ice extent continued the downward trend seen over the last 30 years, which scientists attribute largely to warming temperatures caused by climate change. Data show that Arctic sea ice has been declining both in extent and thickness. Since 1979, September Arctic sea ice extent has declined by 12 percent per decade.

"The oldest and thickest ice in the Arctic continues to decline, especially in the Beaufort Sea and the Canada Basin," NSIDC scientist Julienne Stroeve said. "This appears to be an important driver for the low sea ice conditions over the past few summers."

Climate models have suggested that the Arctic could lose almost all of its summer ice cover by 2100, but in recent years, ice extent has declined faster than the models predicted.

Hey RETARD

There is a continent about the size of Australia underneath all this ice; the ice sheet sitting on top averages at a little over 2 kilometer (1.2 miles) thick. If all of this ice melted, it would raise global sea level by about 60 meter (197 feet). But little, if any, surface warming is occurring over East Antarctica.

NASA - Is Antarctica Melting?

I would say you were a brainwashed warmer, that is if you had a brain. You are only repeating what you are directed to repeat.
If you had a brain, you might actually contribute something that is supported by some evidence to the debate instead of just always more meaningless unsupported nonsense and random bullshit.

Stupid your religion is a myth, you swallowed the bullshit and asked for more. What proof you have given has been shot down.

Did you get that butt hurt feeling when you found out that the global warming myth was busted? Do you have that butt hurt feeling because no one wants to join your religion?

Hey bigshithead, thanks for immediately demonstrating the accuracy of my comment. Your denier cult myths are really hilariously demented. Thanks also for all the chuckles you provide whenever I read your clueless drivel. You're a real hoot!

i would say you were a brainwashed warmer, that is if you had a brain. You are only repeating what you are directed to repeat.
if you had a brain, you might actually contribute something that is supported by some evidence to the debate instead of just always more meaningless unsupported nonsense and random bullshit.

stupid your religion is a myth, you swallowed the bullshit and asked for more. What proof you have given has been shot down.

did you get that butt hurt feeling when you found out that the global warming myth was busted? Do you have that butt hurt feeling because no one wants to join your religion?

hey bigshithead, thanks for immediately demonstrating the accuracy of my comment. Your denier cult myths are really hilariously demented. Thanks also for all the chuckles you provide whenever i read your clueless drivel. You're a real hoot!

liar

Your post show you can't comprehend how to click on a link.
How many post have I made that I used NASA as a source?
LOL. You poor deluded idiot, you've never actually used NASA as a source. You're just too retarded to realize that. You've used denier cult blogs that claimed a "NASA source" but those were lies. As I demonstrated by posting links to the actual NASA website that directly contradicted your stupid drivel, moron.

You are a lying son of a bitch here is one of those NASA links I used and you have blatantly lied and said I did not
NASA did not say that, retard. You're just too stupid to understand what you read.

Here's what NASA actually has to say about the Arctic ice.

Arctic Sea Ice Continues Decline, Hits Second-Lowest Level
NASA

Oct. 4, 2011
(govt. publication - free to reproduce)

WASHINGTON -- Last month the extent of sea ice covering the Arctic Ocean declined to the second-lowest extent on record. Satellite data from NASA and the NASA-supported National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC) at the University of Colorado in Boulder showed that the summertime sea ice cover narrowly avoided a new record low.

The Arctic ice cap grows each winter as the sun sets for several months and shrinks each summer as the sun rises higher in the northern sky. Each year the Arctic sea ice reaches its annual minimum extent in September. It hit a record low in 2007.

The near-record ice-melt followed higher-than-average summer temperatures, but without the unusual weather conditions that contributed to the extreme melt of 2007. "Atmospheric and oceanic conditions were not as conducive to ice loss this year, but the melt still neared 2007 levels," said NSIDC scientist Walt Meier. "This probably reflects loss of multiyear ice in the Beaufort and Chukchi seas as well as other factors that are making the ice more vulnerable."

Joey Comiso, senior scientist at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Md., said the continued low minimum sea ice levels fits into the large-scale decline pattern that scientists have watched unfold over the past three decades.

"The sea ice is not only declining, the pace of the decline is becoming more drastic," Comiso said. "The older, thicker ice is declining faster than the rest, making for a more vulnerable perennial ice cover."

While the sea ice extent did not dip below the 2007 record, the sea ice area as measured by the microwave radiometer on NASA's Aqua satellite did drop slightly lower than 2007 levels for about 10 days in early September, Comiso said. Sea ice "area" differs from extent in that it equals the actual surface area covered by ice, while extent includes any area where ice covers at least 15 percent of the ocean.

Arctic sea ice extent on Sept. 9, the lowest point this year, was 4.33 million square kilometers (1.67 million square miles). Averaged over the month of September, ice extent was 4.61 million square kilometers (1.78 million square miles). This places 2011 as the second lowest ice extent both for the daily minimum extent and the monthly average. Ice extent was 2.43 million square kilometers (938,000 square miles) below the 1979 to 2000 average.

This summer's low ice extent continued the downward trend seen over the last 30 years, which scientists attribute largely to warming temperatures caused by climate change. Data show that Arctic sea ice has been declining both in extent and thickness. Since 1979, September Arctic sea ice extent has declined by 12 percent per decade.

"The oldest and thickest ice in the Arctic continues to decline, especially in the Beaufort Sea and the Canada Basin," NSIDC scientist Julienne Stroeve said. "This appears to be an important driver for the low sea ice conditions over the past few summers."

Climate models have suggested that the Arctic could lose almost all of its summer ice cover by 2100, but in recent years, ice extent has declined faster than the models predicted.

Hey RETARD

There is a continent about the size of Australia underneath all this ice; the ice sheet sitting on top averages at a little over 2 kilometer (1.2 miles) thick. If all of this ice melted, it would raise global sea level by about 60 meter (197 feet). But little, if any, surface warming is occurring over East Antarctica.

LOLOL.....oh right.....you "cited" NASA by completely misinterpreting what they are saying. LOL. That was soooo retarded, I guess I just discounted it. We were talking about the loss of ARCTIC ICE, nitwit, and you brought up Antarctic. Perhaps you're too stupid and ignorant to know that there is a difference. Anyway, here's what the NASA article you supposedly cited actually said.

Is Antarctica Melting?
NASA

(govt publication - free to reproduce)

416685main_20100108_Climate_1.jpg

The continent of Antarctica has been losing more than 100 cubic kilometers (24 cubic miles) of ice per year since 2002.

There has been lots of talk lately about Antarctica and whether or not the continent's giant ice sheet is melting. One new paper 1, which states there’s less surface melting recently than in past years, has been cited as "proof" that there’s no global warming. Other evidence that the amount of sea ice around Antarctica seems to be increasing slightly 2-4 is being used in the same way. But both of these data points are misleading.Gravity data collected from space using NASA's Grace satellite show that Antarctica has been losing more than a hundred cubic kilometers (24 cubic miles) of ice each year since 2002. The latest data reveal that Antarctica is losing ice at an accelerating rate, too. How is it possible for surface melting to decrease, but for the continent to lose mass anyway? The answer boils down to the fact that ice can flow without melting.

Two-thirds of Antarctica is a high, cold desert. Known as East Antarctica, this section has an average altitude of about 2 kilometer (1.2 miles), higher than the American Colorado Plateau. There is a continent about the size of Australia underneath all this ice; the ice sheet sitting on top averages at a little over 2 kilometer (1.2 miles) thick. If all of this ice melted, it would raise global sea level by about 60 meter (197 feet). But little, if any, surface warming is occurring over East Antarctica. Radar and laser-based satellite data show a little mass loss at the edges of East Antarctica, which is being partly offset by accumulation of snow in the interior, although a very recent result from the NASA/German Aerospace Center's Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment (Grace) suggests that since 2006 there has been more ice loss from East Antarctica than previously thought 5. Overall, not much is going on in East Antarctica -- yet.

A Frozen Hawaii

Edited read entire article from the link

if you had a brain, you might actually contribute something that is supported by some evidence to the debate instead of just always more meaningless unsupported nonsense and random bullshit.

did you get that butt hurt feeling when you found out that the global warming myth was busted? Do you have that butt hurt feeling because no one wants to join your religion?

hey bigshithead, thanks for immediately demonstrating the accuracy of my comment. Your denier cult myths are really hilariously demented. Thanks also for all the chuckles you provide whenever i read your clueless drivel. You're a real hoot!

liar
No really, retard, you're hilarious, no lie.

Hey RETARD

LOLOL.....oh right.....you "cited" NASA by completely misinterpreting what they are saying. LOL. That was soooo retarded, I guess I just discounted it. We were talking about the loss of ARCTIC ICE, nitwit, and you brought up Antarctic. Perhaps you're too stupid and ignorant to know that there is a difference. Anyway, here's what the NASA article you supposedly cited actually said.

Is Antarctica Melting?
NASA

The continent of Antarctica has been losing more than 100 cubic kilometers (24 cubic miles) of ice per year since 2002.

There has been lots of talk lately about Antarctica and whether or not the continent's giant ice sheet is melting. One new paper 1, which states there’s less surface melting recently than in past years, has been cited as "proof" that there’s no global warming. Other evidence that the amount of sea ice around Antarctica seems to be increasing slightly 2-4 is being used in the same way. But both of these data points are misleading.Gravity data collected from space using NASA's Grace satellite show that Antarctica has been losing more than a hundred cubic kilometers (24 cubic miles) of ice each year since 2002. The latest data reveal that Antarctica is losing ice at an accelerating rate, too. How is it possible for surface melting to decrease, but for the continent to lose mass anyway? The answer boils down to the fact that ice can flow without melting.

Two-thirds of Antarctica is a high, cold desert. Known as East Antarctica, this section has an average altitude of about 2 kilometer (1.2 miles), higher than the American Colorado Plateau. There is a continent about the size of Australia underneath all this ice; the ice sheet sitting on top averages at a little over 2 kilometer (1.2 miles) thick. If all of this ice melted, it would raise global sea level by about 60 meter (197 feet). But little, if any, surface warming is occurring over East Antarctica. Radar and laser-based satellite data show a little mass loss at the edges of East Antarctica, which is being partly offset by accumulation of snow in the interior, although a very recent result from the NASA/German Aerospace Center's Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment (Grace) suggests that since 2006 there has been more ice loss from East Antarctica than previously thought 5. Overall, not much is going on in East Antarctica -- yet.

A Frozen Hawaii

Edited

You have the comprehension problem NASA SAID THEIR IS NOT ICE MELTING.

Ice compresses as it gains mass in a glacier. The satellite cannot measure depth, so that part is approximated by scientists. Care to guess which ones? Ice mass calculations, funny stuff.

Ah yes. Just for you two dumb asses, let's replace the scientific-industrial complex with the religious-industrial complex. I am just so sure that a bunch of holy roller rednecks can do so much better at keeping pace with the scientific developments in industry in competition with other industrial nations.

Exteremes Moriarity. Extremes. Instead of falling apart in an emotional outburst let's look at things logically. The military industrial complex we all agree is bad. It leads to death and destruction in order to feed itself. Yes? So now, we have the scientific industrial complex and guess what, it too is causing death and destruction in order to advance its goals.

See how easy that was. We should all agree that ANY group that places its financial well being above that of the common man is a terrible thing. And it SHOULD be stopped.

Yes?

Is Antarctica Melting?
NASA

A Frozen Hawaii

Edited

Incredible!!!! Are you really THAT retarded???? Incredible!!! Are you 8 years old??? Do words with more than one syllable hopelessly confuse you??? Do you imagine that other people are incapable of looking at that NASA article and counting the number of times they talk about melting ice and ice mass loss? Some ice in Antarctica is definitely melting, cretin, as NASA makes quite clear, and even more ice is being lost as the ice shelves disintegrate in warmer ocean waters and massive glaciers suddenly start rushing to the sea.

You really are hilariously funny, bigshithead, in a kind of sad pathetic way. I wind up feeling a combination of amusement at your utter stupidity and cluelessness and horrified pity for your confused craziness. You must have a hard life, when even retarded dogs can easily cheat you at cards.

Ah yes. Just for you two dumb asses, let's replace the scientific-industrial complex with the religious-industrial complex. I am just so sure that a bunch of holy roller rednecks can do so much better at keeping pace with the scientific developments in industry in competition with other industrial nations.

let's look at things logically.
Well, that would be a first for you, walleyed. Almost impossible for you though, given how retarded and illogical you basically are.

We should all agree that ANY group that places its financial well being above that of the common man is a terrible thing. And it SHOULD be stopped. Yes?
That would describe the fossil fuel industry 'to a T'. Glad you've come to agree that their propaganda campaign and behind the scenes political bribery and manipulation "SHOULD be stopped". You know, the propaganda campaign that you fell for that seeks to confuse the public about the reality and extreme dangers of anthropogenic global warming and its associated climate changes in order to protect and prolong their trillion dollar per year profit stream from the extraction, transporting, refining and sales of fossil fuels. Let's get the people behind this effort and try them for 'crimes against humanity'. That would actually be very appropriate. That may not be generally recognized, of course, until after the first few hundred million people die from starvation and other climate change effects and the depths of fossil fuel industry's evil greed is fully recognized.

Is Antarctica Melting?
NASA

A Frozen Hawaii

Edited

Incredible!!!! Are you really THAT retarded???? Incredible!!! Are you 8 years old??? Do words with more than one syllable hopelessly confuse you??? Do you imagine that other people are incapable of looking at that NASA article and counting the number of times they talk about melting ice and ice mass loss? Some ice in Antarctica is definitely melting, cretin, as NASA makes quite clear, and even more ice is being lost as the ice shelves disintegrate in warmer ocean waters and massive glaciers suddenly start rushing to the sea.

You really are hilariously funny, bigshithead, in a kind of sad pathetic way. I wind up feeling a combination of amusement at your utter stupidity and cluelessness and horrified pity for your confused craziness. You must have a hard life, when even retarded dogs can easily cheat you at cards.

You are incredibly stupid, and a liar.

Ice compresses as it gains mass in a glacier. The satellite cannot measure depth, so that part is approximated by scientists. Care to guess which ones? Ice mass calculations, funny stuff.

The satellites can measure changes in gravitational mass. Something that is clearly far beyond your comprehension, nitwit. Compression is not a factor in these ice mass calculations, but seriously, are you really so naive as to think that scientists don't take every possible factor into consideration when they study the Antarctic? LOL. You really don't know much about this subject.

Oh....so you are 8 years old....kinda thought so....

Last edited:

Oh....so you are 8 years old....kinda thought so....

From reading your past replies I think your mental age is around 6 acting as if you are 35.

The satellites can measure changes in gravitational mass. Something that is clearly far beyond your comprehension, nitwit. Compression is not a factor in these ice mass calculations, but seriously, are you really so naive as to think that scientists don't take every possible factor into consideration when they study the Antarctic? LOL. You really don't know much about this subject.

The CU-led team also used GRACE data to calculate that the ice loss from both Greenland and Antarctica, including their peripheral ice caps and glaciers, was roughly 385 billion tons of ice annually.

One unexpected study result from GRACE was that the estimated ice loss from high Asia mountains -- including ranges like the Himalaya, the Pamir and the Tien Shan -- was only about 4 billion tons of ice annually. Some previous ground-based estimates of ice loss in the high Asia mountains have ranged up to 50 billion tons annually, Wahr said.

“One big question is how sea level rise is going to change in this century,” said Pfeffer. “If we could understand the physics more completely and perfect numerical models to simulate all of the processes controlling sea level -- especially glacier and ice sheet changes -- we would have a much better means to make predictions. But we are not quite there yet.”

CU-Boulder study shows global glaciers, ice caps shedding billions of tons of mass annually | University of Colorado Boulder

Lots of errors in your "science".

Last edited:

Forum List

Back